All Comments on 'Can Fiction Cause Reality?'

by 012Say

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WTF.... DON'T QUIT THE JOB BUB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Your wife was killed in a car accident this evening."

No, you're not psychopathic misogynist. The love of man overflows from your every word...

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Different, all right. Solved his marital problems!

4

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Eh didn't like it, little to juvenile and honestly feels like it should be in humor or sf, i mean some might find it enjoyable but i don't know i just didn't like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not into that kind of humour

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! That was a trip! Definitely points for originality/creativity. Of course, the basic idea of fictional characters coming to life is not new…been there, seen the movie…but I think new to LW. Unfortunately, it came across as more of a writing exercise than an actual engaging story…moving cardboard characters around an intricate plot. I generally enjoy the author’s work, but this story is not a favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He never got the confrontation. It's just a sad melancholy feeling. He had a super power and used it when it was obvious she wanted him gone. It's pretty boring and logical.

I mean there was no reason to understand the why after his discovery. Her disgust and disrespect was at its comical peak. Her punishment was swift and deserved. She is someone better off dead than alive at that point in the story. The slut ray strikes again.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

I can't decide if I like it or not.

It was a weird story in my opinion.

I think the story confuses me.

/

"Trish - obviously her new lover had a new pet name for her."

/

So meaning she had lovers before and he new about it and this new lover was a surprised to hubby?

Yes, the this weird story confuses me. Maybe this tale is too smart for me as it does confuses me.

Well done 012say I guess...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too pathetic…it’s like u just took off on a tangent and got carried on by your fantasies…

No head body or proper ending..

Just something to throw at the BTB crowd to keep them happy… pathetic!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Interesting but rushed ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story!

It s a twist on the self-fulfilling prophecy concept. Psychologists have found strong evidence for the impact of our beliefs and expectations on outcomes, particularly when we are convinced that our predictions will manifest, even when we aren’t aware that we hold the expectation. A commonly understood example of a self-fulfilling prophecy in psychology is what is known as the placebo effect.

There's also something known as the Pygmalion Effect. When we believe something about others, we may act in ways that encourage them to confirm our assumptions, thus reinforcing our beliefs about them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A suitable ending for a psycho wife who was plotting to eliminate him,

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

OMFGs! I laughed until I had tears in ny eyes. I'm sorry the others responders didn't 'get it'. A humourous story that black as pitch and desert dry. 5 stars and a fave!

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Very well done! Some wouldn't know a good story if it hit them in the dace or what it takes to produce one. Thank you! 5 BIG ASS FLAMING STARS!

JRandyJJRandyJover 1 year ago

Well I think a good writer should stir emotions. You damn sure did that, the comments are all over the place. I liked it 5*.

012Say012Sayover 1 year agoAuthor

to Harry in VA - I disagree - the problem with the story is it isn't "silly" - and it should be. I don't know why it didn't occur to me, but the death of a fictional, not likeable, character is still (in some fashion) a death. The story is too "middle of the road" to get away with the ending. It needed to be silly - like Not Guilty, by HDK - one of the best stories on the site or really dark. Like most of your comments, I found it helpful, and I thank you!

woodwardwoodwardover 1 year ago

Very unique story. Liked it.

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

I like it. However I always hope to see that clarity that comes to the cheater at the end. Where they see that they really messed up and were wrong.

Her complete 180 kinda stung. With it being directed at her entire family is worse.

I liked how the AP seemed to be sympathetic to the husband. Nice touch. Or maybe he didn't actually want to leave with her and was trying steer her to stay.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

As one who reads a lot of these stories, and expects them to follow a certain pattern, and of course be original at the same time- let me direct this writer (who still has the best version of the FS sequels out there). Ok, the originality was there, and the story was developing nicely, and then BAM; it turned into a spoof. Which might have been the writers intention from the start, but wrecks a good story. What happened to the second half? how does Patti and her daughter reconcile? when does the MC finish his best selling novel (they always do)? and how does those 8 investigations fit into the story? Sequel, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, best I can say it's stupid. Truly not worth reading (belatedly).

ThorlolThorlolover 1 year ago

Two stories about a husband murdering their wives today. And they almost got 4 stars. Thats just disgusting. To top it off, they were both hypocritical. They wonder how their wives could even consider 'disposing' them but they do the same without an ounce guilt. You know, normal people would confront the issue and just divorce their spouse, no chance of any murders happening if people now about it. But no, lately there a only psychopaths to find in this section, no wonder the wives want to get rid of them. Even most soldiers, killing enemies they dont like or are indifferent towards, feel guilt and and bring their trauma back home. Just the cheated on husband dont.

Robby_DRobby_Dover 1 year ago

Different, clever, funny. I really liked it. I give it 5 stars.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

the problem with this story is there is no why, why did she turn into a lying whore?

CaptFlintCaptFlintover 1 year ago

A clever twist. Good plot, not really fleshed out with dialog, that is a positive for some; not so much for others. I liked it. Thank you.

secretsalsecretsalover 1 year ago

Strange. Setup had promise, and writing is quite good, but for some reason, I don't think it came together that well.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 1 year ago

A little something different, maybe could have used a little more depth to the story. The RAAC cuckyboys will get their pretty pink panties in a bunch over it. Piss on 'em...

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 1 year ago

It's hard to get something unique in LW -- every trope has been done & re-done, can't say I've read anything like this. Was it perfect, not even close. Why does she all-of-a-sudden go off the track and hate him. Because of the daughter? That was what I didn't like. No reason for her to change her entire view of the marriage. That would need to be a whole lot more fleshed out for this to be a 5* story. But it's 4* for sure, just for the uniqueness of the plot line. The writing itself is not bad, your other stories were enjoyable but this one didn't rise to the heights the unique story deserved.

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

This writing will never get you the 'HOT' label in LW.

\

Coincidences are one thing but you really should have flushed out the kids more and the aftermath. Plus he was a home-mom and he never met other house-wives in his duties? Or a widow/divorced/cheated upon wife at the PTA?

/

2.9**, hooyah... not much to like here and ended to fast.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

This type of story needs a confrontation. The psychic stuff is just a waste of time. Have her come home and have it out with her. He gave up his career for her. His kids are doing great but miss their mother because she is never home etc. He should divorce and seek child support and substantial alimony. Her behaviour should also be exposed. The 2 incidents were just coincidence- that's all. I thought this story was going well but the conclusion was a damp firework.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You stole the main plot element from a book (later made into a movie). The World According to Garp, by John Irving. It was just as ridiculous in the book, but written far better.

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

5* Neat, quirky idea, very nicely written. Thank you.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Great BTB.

Wow Anonymous idiot really is a psycho misandrist. He thinks that it's OK to ACTIVELY plot to kill a husband whose only crime was to love his wife and kids, but it's bad if a murderous psycho like him/herself is offed **in self defense**before they can commit the murder they plotted. People like anon is the reason society sucks

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Guess I'm in a funky mood today - I liked it. Unique twist to the genre, although it seemed there was some missing pieces in the jump from lover to cheating wife. 4*

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 1 year ago

A pretty good little lighthearted dark story. Readers are always yelling about something different—this is different!

I call it 5/5 cd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought it was funny as all hell! Total BS but who cares. I applaud your imagination!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No explanation as to why she changed so drastically. Well written though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The change in her is too sudden and unexplained and whilst adjusting to that fact the 'story' finished. So much to tell yet within the framework of what could be a great story - or remain two dimensional but well laid out CRAP. It is for the author or others to continue?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

interesting, it felt rushed but the basics were there. gave you a 3, room to grow and improve

ribnitinribnitinover 1 year ago

Original, enjoyable

avidfaavidfaover 1 year ago
Light and funny

Light, funny, different and satisfying. Who could ask for anything more?

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 1 year ago

Eh, not really all that interesting.

Dobbin55Dobbin55over 1 year ago

Quite frankly the ending is nice and clean for the mc, but the antagonist really deserved more prolonged pain for her lack of respect! I might suggest she becomes a cripple from the accident and has to depend on others for her day to day life but not being able to communicate. This could mean she would be a real burden to the husband or he could dump her in a home, with her substantial money she must have earned as a COO, to pay for the home. Only visiting with the children once a month, for about a half hour. Living for as long as she was married to him before she turned into super-bitch and then dying! Now that's a more suitable revenge!!!!!!

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 1 year ago

Just one quibble. The penis (human, and I suspect all male mammals) has arteries and veins. Veins have a safety mechanism to slow down blood flow from cut/open tubes. Arteries not so much. A completely severed pecker (regardless of length, circumference, recovery time or staying power) would desanguinate that guy unless a surgeon (with all his kit) was driving right behind them AND was able to get into the crashed car, remove Trish’s corpse from the smashed-in driver area then access the wound! Maybe Hubby coulda written that into his most recent opus!

5*. Weird and certainly supernatural … but novel as all hell!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like it. Lucky guess is a great last line

Wh00sherWh00sherover 1 year ago

Awful.

Apart from the whole premise, the build up took 2 pages then you got bored and ended it in 2 paragraphs.

The wife suffered no remorse or regret so even the BTB was utterly unsatisfying.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 1 year ago

Since all fiction merely reflects life, of course it can "predict" reality. Much of what is published on this site is not fiction, but fantasy. People don't behave that way.

cordialddcordialddover 1 year ago

A lot of interesting buildup for a kick-the-story-out-the-door ending. Get bored with it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story, predicting the future . A completely different story line in loving wives. What happened to the wife’s mind to cause her to want to destroy her good husband. ??

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave you a 4* it was outside of the box, but it really left the reader wanting. for her to make that personality change, cheat, etc and not really have to answer for it- sorry death is not an answer in a btb.

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

I like your style. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kind of had a Skippy vibe, and that's worth a 4 in the QuickMagazine world. It's a cute concept, a little reminiscent of "The Fate Of Her Lovers" by BigK10. By the way, don't remember name of the story or its author, but there WAS a Lit story that featured poisonous mushrooms being sneaked into the adulterous couple's dinner. Anyway, it's also amusing that the standard "bit off his dick in a car accident" trope also appeared here. Not easy to come up with something new in LW. 012Say pretty much did so here, despite the slant rhyme with BigK10, and the big weenie bite.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Oh, if only it were true. Great story that is every bit as believable as the cuck and super Jamal stories found in LW every day.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

Blessed are those whose written stories come true. Imagine the possibilities that open up! 4*!

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

Ha! That was really cool. You definitely take "the pen is mightier than the sword" to a new level. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Naaaw, too Martian Slut Rayish. Great family, great relationship, intelligent virtuous committed spouses and parents, and suddenly the wife becomes an arrogant cheating whore monster, because her husband expects her to take responsibility for her ambition and decisions? Like that's new in their relationship, and worth ditching the husband? A good example of the plot device wagging the story. I mean if we are to apply normal logic to this story, the husband would have encouraged the wife to get a much larger life insurance policy due to her much greater earning capacity, or something to make her impending death pay off. Yeah, not much thought put into this story. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think you used parts of others stories to concoct this one. I think it would have been much better had your author's stories been original. I give it a 1 star for "partially plagiarized."

maninconnmaninconnover 1 year ago
Oooo…cold

I kept pulling for Patty Comstock to re-emerge, and suddenly, death by fiction. Yikes!

Thanks for writing!

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

And??? Explanations? aftermath?

How the wife changed in a blink of an eye?

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

Interesting story with a hopeless non ending. Wish the author would write apart two for this.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 1 year ago

I don't like the death part. I would have preferred both of them to stay alive but seriously injured (dick bitten off completly is just fine for him). Following with a seriously hit on their reputation and so on. With the illigal things mentioned she would be destroyed completly.

Pinto931Pinto9317 months ago

Story was developing nicely then bam ended!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The wife's betrayal made no sense. Just too sudden and out of character. I know, your focus was on the punch line of your plot. It just ended up being a joke, instead of a believable story. Too bad, it had promise.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Confusing. Perhaps this story should have been filed under Sci-Fi.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA5 months ago

Some of your stories are concise and end at the proper point....This one was choppy and the end fell in line with the choppiness....

SunnyU2SunnyU24 months ago

Awesome beginning, but when he hires the PI it goes off a cliff. Needs a rewrite, imo

mfj77mfj773 months ago

Agree with others. The story started well but then the PI's report to Dennis was confusing as heck. I really couldn't figure it out. Kept reading and suddenly the story was over. Did Dennis and the kids have a great life afterward (have to assume a COO has plenty of insurance). Also sudden change in Patty's character was waaaay too fast. Needed more build-up.

Still, liked the story but needs an epilogue at a minimum.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So at the end he couldn’t be bothered to write a story where his wife stays faithful and loves him. No he just wants to write about her death. Who is the bad evil person here?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I can't stand stories where the cheaters are dead. they need to live a long life of regret in prison. The story would have been better having them be caught for plotting his murder. Seems like it would have been closer to what was happening.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user012Say@012Say
I find the LW stories fascinating. So many talented authors finding different stories in a very narrow set of circumstances. The stories which I prefer (to write) are not as black and white as some. I think living well is the best revenge. I keep looking for stories which appr...