Can Opposites Really Attract?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

One Saturday night game was against our cross town rival, Pacific Lutheran. Both schools in Tacoma. and the Lutes holding a fairly large advantage in the series.

With the game being played inside, at the Tacoma Dome, Lucy's parents came with mine to watch my team play. It wasn't a particularly great game for my team, but we were holding our own.

One of the last plays of the third quarter, I was chasing a running back, and when I went to tackle him, he brought his knee up just right, and connected with the side of my helmet.

I dropped like a rock. Dad said you could hear a pin drop, as the medical staff from both schools ran onto the field. I was in a daze. I could hear people talking, but they were all talking in slow motion.

I was being asked questions, but couldn't answer. I felt myself slowly being rolled onto my back. My helmet had been knocked off. My eyes just wouldn't focus.

After what seemed like hours, I was strapped to a backboard, and gently put onto a stretcher. All I could do was raise my right hand and slowly give a thumbs up sign.

That's when I heard the crowd clapping for me. Just as I was being loaded into the ambulance, I heard both my dad and Lucy calling my name.

When one of the EMT's asked who she was, she tearfully said I was her fiance. Wow, here I was with my brain being scrambled, and my girl sort of proposed to me.

It must have been two or three hours later, I realized I was in a hospital room, and who was sitting right there, bedside? Lucy and my dad.

The two doctors were talking with both of them, saying that my concussion symptoms would take a few days to ease up, so they were keeping me overnight as a precaution.

When the Docs left, my dad came up to me and just kissed my forehead. I could tell he had been crying, and he called mom to let her know I was OK. Lucy did the same to her folks.

When dad left the room, she just fell across my chest, sobbing. I tried to comfort her, but my head was still throbbing and my mind was a bit hazy.

"Is this what I had to do to get a marriage proposal?" I asked, trying to smile.

"Oh, shut up and don't say a word. You do know you scared all of us, don't you?"

"Hey, I scared myself, too."

The entire time I spent being examined, my mind was trying to reconcile going back to the game that gave me this educational opportunity, or not. All the years of playing this violent sport, nearly injury free, only to have the shit scared out of me, on one freak play.

Having the love of my life, crying on my shoulder didn't help the situation, either. I resolved to talk with the most important people in my life, before I made any permanent decision.

The next afternoon, I was discharged, and truly felt as if I'd been run over by a bus.

Sitting in my parents living room, with Lucy, we started talking. I knew I would have several more checkups, in the coming weeks. I knew trying to study was a bust, because I was having a hard enough time just trying to listen to this conversation.

Hearing the words, trying to process what was being said, was difficult. What was I going to do? Was playing this game so important that my physical wellbeing was in jeopardy?

When everyone had their say, Lucy's parents came in and quietly asked if they should start planning a wedding? This bit of lighthearted conversation definitely made us all smile.

George started by telling us a few things we weren't aware of with them being Orthodox. He did let us know they weren't the Ultra Orthodox, which meant our wedding would be similar to what we were used to.

He did mention that some Orthodox Rabbis wouldn't officiate if one of the bridal couple wasn't Jewish. They had talked with their Rabbi, and he did agree to officiate.

His next statement threw us all for a loop. He told us their Rabbi had to stick me with a pin, before our ceremony. When my dad and I started to laugh, George told us the only alternative was for me to get circumcised! Our laughing stopped, immediately. George then explained that was in lieu of the real deal.

Both mothers then said we needed to start planning. Rose just had this glow about her. We were told that mothers with a daughter started planning their wedding, before the girl's first birthday. In their own mind, at least.

As the parents were talking, with mine just listening, Lucy laid her head on my shoulder, looked me in the eyes, and said, "I'm going to be a Sadie!"

"Wait, you're going to have another different name?"

With her family laughing, she said, "You've never seen the movie, Funny Girl?"

"Barbra Streisand's character sang the song, Sadie, Sadie, married lady."

Wow, I still had a lot to learn.

I made the decision not to return to school, right away, but the school told me my scholarship was still in force, as long as it took to graduate.

I had more pressing things to deal with. My health and my wedding.

While the family of the bride were doing the very important stuff, my dad and I had a true heart to heart conversation. He had been thinking of opening a second store, for some time, now, and he thought I'd be perfect to run it.

Oh, my, we would have a ready made business for me to walk into, right after our wedding. Would I complete my education? Not sure. Our family business was already doing very well, and a second store was almost a guaranteed success.

I had a lot to think about. As always, Lucy was my best sounding board. She gave me very important insight into our future. Also, our sex life did not diminish one bit. Condoms were long since replaced by pills, and we practiced every available opportunity.

She had a very nice job, as a Junior Accountant, with a very nice firm. She already had a date to sit for her CPA exam, and I knew even with her career ready to take off, the one thing I knew she wanted most, was a baby. Or two.

As our wedding neared, I was still learning more about her family traditions. I knew what foods they didn't eat. I knew how they honored their Sabbath, both Friday night and all day on Saturday.

With all this planning, dad was getting ready to open store number two. It was about ten miles north of where we lived, and when we visited the sight, I noticed a house for sale, by a bank. It was a repo, but when I looked around the outside, I saw it had tons of potential.

I also knew that with dad's help, we could do most of the necessary repairs, ourselves.

I contacted the bank selling the property, and with dad giving some advice, took a look inside.

Not all that much work was needed to be done. We would need all new appliances, but that would come in time.

We made an offer, that after a little negotiation, was accepted. I couldn't call my soon to be wife, fast enough.

We had some help with our first two weeks of remodeling. My future brother-in-law helped, even though I never knew he was handy with tools. We had several other friends helping, so we were ready to move in a few weeks ahead of our wedding.

Our first night in our house, we definitely christened the bedroom. We made love in our own house! Well, ours and the banks. Work on our house was progressing, and our store was set to open.

Our work crew resembled a United Nations group. We had people from all over the world. Yes, they all spoke English, and even more important, they knew the hardware business.

The Sunday of our wedding was here, finally. I was a bit nervous, but my lovely bride wasn't. It wasn't a huge crowd, but definitely a diverse one.

I had several conversations with their Rabbi, which convinced him to perform the service. I think I was most nervous having to repeat several lines of the service in Hebrew. I had been practicing, and Lucy was a huge help. Some how, I managed to learn better with her lips around the head of my cock. That was my own learning method.

Standing in front of both our families, it really started to sink in. We were about to be married. A 6'5", Hungarian Agnostic, and a 5'1", Russian Jew. What a pair, we made.

I was about ready to burst watching my beauty being walked down the aisle, by her father, just beaming with pride.

Do you, Ludmila Abromovich take,,,,

I do.

Do you Nicholas Mueller take,,,,

I do.

I smashed a glass, to the shouts of "Mazel Tov"

We just stood, staring into each other's eyes. I leaned over, kissing her as tenderly as I could.

We were man and wife.

Our celebration was just beginning, when George and Rose took us aside and showed us a piece of paper, saying they were paying off our mortgage!

I was speechless.

"George, Rose, I don't know what to say."

They both hugged us, and gave us both a kiss on each cheek.

I asked my new wife if she knew about this, and she admitted she was as surprised as I was.

I had known they lived a comfortable life, but this gesture blew me away.

As the evening was winding down, Rose came up to me, and quietly said, "you ever hurt my daughter and I will cut your 'baitsum' off.

For the unknowing, they are balls!

We spent a beautiful week in Mexico, then returned to the business at hand. Lucy found out she passed her CPA exam. My store had a great opening week, and we settled into our home, very well.

After a few weeks, Lucy ditched her pills, and we practiced as often as possible. Before work. After work. In the middle of the night, if we happened to wake up.

Just before our four month anniversary, we were going to her parents for Friday night dinner, with my parents joining us. As we walked in, both mothers took one look at my wife, and started yelling like two kids. "Your pregnant!!"

Couldn't fool either of them. She had just found out the day before, positively. The two sets of parents were over the moon with happiness.

My father-in-law had a tear in each eye, and hugged me tightly. My dad just couldn't stop grinning. Both mothers reacted the same, hugging both of us, and calling close friends. My brother-in-law and his new wife couldn't have been happier, as we knew they were trying, too.

As Lucy's tummy grew, our sex life ground to nearly a halt. Believe me, I wasn't complaining. I was going to be a daddy. She was going to be a mommy. We didn't want anything to harm our daughter.

As our sixth month was starting, Eugene and his wife, Anna, announced they were expecting, too. George and Rose were over the moon, again.

Lucy stopped working as she started her ninth month. She kept reminding me, that this was all my fault. I had to remind her of the very old song, "It Takes Two To Tango"

One Sunday morning, about two weeks before our due date, we both knew we had to get to the hospital. Phoning both sets of parents, I got ready to join my wife in the delivery room.

Remembering everything I learned in our baby classes, I helped Lucy deliver our beautiful baby girl. Almost 8 pounds and 20 inches long. A nice head of dark hair, like both of us, and very bright brown eyes.

We just looked at each other, while the nurses did their thing. Neither of us could wait to hold our daughter. We had agreed that she would be Lesley Alexandra, after both of our grandfathers.

We couldn't have wished for a better reception, that both families gave us, once we were settled in a room, for our short stay.

Mom and daughter bonded immediately, with me just sitting off to one side. After both grandma's got to hold Lesley, my mother gently put her in my arms.

I just stared down at this tiny wonder looking back at me, with her cute little grin, that I knew meant, "whatever I ask for, you'll get me."

Getting my family home, the next day, Lesley fit right into her newly painted pink room. With Lucy reminding me, many times, she was doing fine, I noticed she was sound asleep, while I was sitting in our new rocking chair, holding our treasure.

Even though we knew our lives would never be the same, we did get back to a sense of normalcy, within a few days. Yes, I did manage to change a diaper, or two, with a minimum of mistakes.

I also managed to get through a day of work, without falling asleep, on my feet. Every customer knew of our daughter, just maybe because of the button I was wearing with her picture on it.

Being a neighborhood store, we had many repeat customers, who all shared in our joy.

With dad's store busier than ever, and mine growing by leaps and bounds, Mueller Hardware Store, was gaining a reputation of a true neighborhood success story. With only two other successful family hardware stores in the Greater Seattle area, all three were featured in our local newspaper.

Just as Lesley was starting to walk, we decided she needed a sibling. It didn't take long for us to learn one was on the way. Maybe, just maybe Lesley and her cousin, Caroline might have a little boy for the grandparents to spoil. Who knows? We didn't care, as long as he/she would be healthy.

At the five month mark, we invited both families to our house, for a picnic. Once they were all there, they saw the picnic table decorated with blue plates and blue, plastic silverware. Out subtle hint was soon met with hugs and tears, as both sets of grandparents knew they were going to have a grandson.

We didn't tell anyone yet, but he would be named Alexie, after Lucy's grandfather, who died under Russian oppression. Now, both of our children would have their great grandfather's name.

Time seemed to stand still, but every day, Lesley would put her ear to mommy's tummy and give us the strangest look, when little Alex would give her a kick. With each kick and silly look, she would then laugh, her little girl giggle.

We'd keep telling her just a few more weeks, but at 17 months she just didn't have a grasp on time. If it wasn't immediately, she wasn't interested.

Soon enough, though, little Alexai was ready to escape his confines. Off we went, with my parents watching Lesley.

Just under two hours after reaching the hospital, Alexai Lewis let the world know he was alive, and doing fine. At nearly 22 inches long and nearly 9 pounds, I knew I was in for a long, dry spell. But seeing our son, made it all worth while. The brightest blue eyes, from my mother, and light brown hair, from who knows where.

We snapped pictures and sent them to my parents. George and Rose were waiting to see their grandson. I'm not sure they even noticed either Lucy or me, they were so excited.

Getting settled in her room, Lucy again took to motherhood like a champ. Just watching her and her parents gave me chills. Yes, some of what they were saying was in Hebrew, but I got the gist of how happy everyone was.

Just as the grandparents were getting ready to leave, George whispered to me, "you know the mohel (pronounced moyel) will give us a two for one, if you want to be circumcised along with your son, in 8 days. I politely declined, with each of us grinning.

My parents, along with Lesley came in just as the others were leaving. More hugs, and congratulations. Lesley ran up to mom's bed and looked at her baby brother.

"Mommy, when can he come out to play?"

"We need to let him get a bit bigger, don't you think?"

Right then, Alex gave us a big yawn, causing Lesley to announce, "He tired!"

Yes, we all were.

Getting settled into a routine we all knew a very large celebration was just a few days away. This is what all Jewish fathers and grandfathers live for. "The Bris" or honoring the Covenent with God.

The morning of the event, I was way more nervous than anyone in the room. Grandpa George holding his grandson, with my brother-in-law right next to him. My parents and me with our eyes clinched shut, as a cloth dipped in a little wine was licked by Alex. With several prayers being said in Hebrew, the "cut" was made, and Avraham Levi, was welcomed into the Jewish community. I finally opened my eyes and received all the congratulations, as our son was given back to mommy, for some consoling.

It was explained to me, that a son is given his Hebrew name along with the Bris, and that makes everything official.

Here was a tradition, thousands of years old, welcoming the son of Hungarian descent into their fold.

Our lives got back to normal, fairly quickly, with Lesley watching everything mommy did with her little brother.

Luckily, she slept like a rock, so when Alex wanted a 2 AM snack, she wasn't bothered. I just couldn't get enough of watching my wife and son interacting. When I wasn't at work, I kept Lesley busy, giving mommy some rest.

It didn't take long for our discussion to start, wondering if two was it. Lucy told me, she wasn't against any more kids, as we knew we could handle another one.

With our sex life getting a hardy restart, we thought it wise to give Lucy's body a rest.

Just after the 9 year mark from high school graduation, we got a notification asking our class if they would be interested in a 10 year reunion, the following year.

We discussed this at length. We were both sort of outcasts in our class. We both have become very successful. We had two beautiful children, but did we want to take the chance that our classmates hadn't changed, very much. To be determined.

Just about 4 months before our planned reunion, we found out baby number three was on the way. At the three month mark, we learned that daughter number two would join us in about six months. So, if we did go to our reunion, Lucy, at 6 months along, would still weigh less than her senior year.

We signed up. To be truthful, we wanted to show the haters from ten years before how wrong they all were.

The night of our reunion, which was late enough on a Saturday evening, we could attend, we did go. With my wife proudly showing her baby bump.

We did encounter some people we remembered, and most were very civil. One girl asked Lucy if this was our first. Nope, she proudly responded, she is number three.

This seemed to make the rounds of the crowd, that Lucy could look so good, carrying a third child in less than four years. I guess we showed our classmates that us two 'misfits' were so very successful, as well as much thinner, despite our third child on the way.

For the rest of the night, we just mingled, and found more than a few of our classmates, shopped at both our hardware stores.

With child number three, just around the corner, we knew that was it, for us. We had a decision to make.

Would Lucy have her tubes tied? That meant a fairly involved surgery, or a vasectomy, an outpatient procedure, for me. This was a no brainer. As long as our sex life was on hold, the last 6 weeks of this pregnancy, I made the appointment to get 'snipped'

With number three just around the corner, I was fully recovered, and ready for child number three.

Both Lesley and Alex knowing we were expanding our family were also ready, even though Alex was too young to realize all the facts of our expansion.

With daughter, Anastasia Leah, joining our troop, both of our older kids were thrilled with our newest member. Our now completed family began enjoying all the things we could do, as a family.

Just past our fifth anniversary, parents of three beautiful children. Having both sets of grandparents, nearby, plus a growing, diverse set of friends.

Lesley, Alex and Anna all would grow up in as diverse world as anyone could imagine.

Having both Jewish and non-Jewish traditions. Both families affected by Russians, both invading my native Hungary, and Lucy's family fleeing religious persecution.

All in all, my luckiest moment was chasing those idiots away from the girl who not only became my wife, she has been my best friend in the entire world.

Together, we are raising three beautiful children, and enjoying the fruits of our labors.

As they begin to start school, we are deciding if, or how much Lucy would return to work. We were doing well enough, financially, and Lucy was already talking about volunteering at our kids school, so she decided to quit work. Officially, but did some work for a few clients, who were personal friends.