All Comments on 'Can They Dance to a New Tune?'

by NylonDreams

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
FireFox59FireFox5912 months ago

The only question I have is why were they kissing and lovey-dovey at the train station if there was nothing but dancing going on. I added 2+2 and got 5. I know that's nitpicking a great story but that just really stuck out to me. Other than that it was a great story.

Buster2UBuster2U12 months ago

I don't care about any of the counseling or the guilt. Janet and Ernie are slimes. They both need a bullet in the brain bucket. NO Amount of begging, No amount of counseling, can undo the lies, the contempt the disrespect to their respective spouses. They cheated and made a baby. They are assholes and deserve to die. Simple. I don't give a rat's ass that Janet may be hot. Fuck her, she is a whore and loves to act like a whore. Dressing in revealing outfits to dance with her lover while her husband is left home alone. too much pain to let their marriage continue, too much cheating, too much lies. How could anyone ever trust those two assholes again? LMFAO Certainly NOT me! 5 stars for a powerful story!

Xanada98Xanada9812 months ago

Very disappointed with this overly long shaggy dog story

I like and look forward to interesting and captivating stories but this was neither

Sorry but JMHO

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Too bad you turned it into a RAAC.

It's so easy:

- I'm sorry I only love you.

- Okay, I understand. I forgive you.

Try real reconciliation.

With divorce, exploring new partners, atonement, redemption, reconnection....

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Liked the story but I'll have to agree with FireFox59. If this was strictly a platonic relationship why the kissing and acting like lover's at the train station? This scene made it difficult for me to believe the explanations as to what was really going on for the rest of the story. I felt like they had put one over on David and Sadie and succeeded in camouflaging their longer affair. Janet fucking David in the ass at the end seemed quite apropos since I feel like that's what she did to him in the beginning.

woodwardwoodward12 months ago

What a waste of time. Really, they fucked, she was pregnant, aborted, then the couple is in happy land.........................

Buster2UBuster2U12 months ago

You must understand that Dancing is just the same as sex, only with clothes on. The partners work up a sweat in both cases, They are both physical things, They are both done together, One is done publically for others to watch, They are the same thing. They both knew that, and that is why they snuck off to these contests behind their spouse's backs. Dancing and fucking both lead to falling in love with their partners. Once you understand that Dancing and Sex are the same things, you can understand the depth of their betrayal when they kept sneaking out to practice dancing, or to practice fucking. Either way it is still cheating.

wheelman53wheelman5312 months ago

not bad, terrible ending.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6912 months ago

So much dance detail and him in girl cloths. 4for me.

BstrdsUnOfJffrsUnBstrdsUnOfJffrsUn12 months ago

I don't like how the therapist seemed to blame shift the cause of the end of the relationship. Look, no one is perfect in a failing marriage BUT Janet held a huge piece of herself from David by omitting her love for dancing from him. Then judged him for his lack of dancing as beneath her time for tutelage. Then she hits him with melodramatic statements about never being with a man again after the divorce. This is 2023, the woman is 25. Let's be real, that statement is super manipulative. If you want the cheater worthy of the betrayed's forgiveness these are choices that make it hard for the reader to have that moment the identifies with Janets humanity.

I feel like while the story is entertaining Janet is just too unlikable for the reader to get behind her redemption. She does not need to be a pillar of virtue just self-reflective and authentic.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I too have a problem with the very public show of affection at the station between Ernie and Janet. This would certainly not pass any husband's wife test. Would Janet have kissed Ernie if she knew her husband was there...most certainly NOT. So why was she doing it to start with if there wasn't more going on than just the dance competitions? This calls into question their whole explanation yet it was never questioned later in the story. Yes, they were doing dance competitions but they could very easily have been sharing a bed every night. The pregnancy shows for certain they did at least once. Her two friends may have gone along most times but I question whether they could be trusted to tell the truth. They would undoubtedly try to cover for their friends. David and Sadie come across as very gullible to me. This just made the rest of the story unbelievable to me.

Bullrider14Bullrider1412 months ago

Thought it was a great love story. It had some hiccups but I liked it very much. Sometimes stories like this one make me angry. But u had me on the edge of my seat reading it. Good job keep up the good work

stevetishstevetish12 months ago

I liked it a lot except the last 2 paragraphs ruined it for me.

Rusty_MRusty_M12 months ago

Good story. Lousy ending.

other2other1other2other112 months ago

I enjoyed the angst that this story cased, that tight feeling in my chest wondering what temptation would be met. Knowing this was a reconciliation (thanks to the tags) I was wondering how it would get there and I did smile as it ended.

I think one thing that felt a little incomplete and I assumed that they felt with it in counciling was the pregnancy and abortion. There was a point early on where it felt like that was everything in the story, and then it kind of left the stage quickly. I was really on the ride with that and wanted a little more exploration of that part of the story.

Overall I enjoyed this, could not stop reading to see how it would end, thank you for putting the time effort and energy into writing this.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey211011 months ago

An over all great story, but too much with the lead up to the dance competition. I was becoming bored with it. I think it would have been much better at four pages shorter.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart11 months ago

Low score for me. Definitely not a reconciliation I liked, I felt Sadie and the MC got screwed and with the MC literally with the last little bit. Ernie and Janet were terrible people who may have loved their partners were still willing to screw around and Janet especially held a major part of her life away from her husband. Fixing their relationship was possible but I felt spending more time with the wife's lover and wife would have made things worse, constant reminder the wife cheated The story was also too bloated. I know the story was about dancing but the focus should have been on the relationships most, it felt like just if not more of the story was focused on the dance stuff. It just wasn't very interesting I don't think. I think the story might have worked better with the dancing stuff being a "framing device" for the story but not a major part of it but fully admit thats pure personal taste as I haze zero interest in dancing.

fritz51fritz5111 months ago

I bailed at page 4. After deliberately lying for months about who she was with and what they were doing she caps it off by fucking the guy. Then, she admits that’s she totally at fault and understands why the MC will want a divorce, but askes for counselling and a second chance. What ruined any chance for me to enjoy this ended with his answer to her and Ernie’s request. When the two lovers asked if they could be together every night to practice & then compete, David’s answer should have been: “Absolutely… go for it as I’m divorcing you as fast as I can… If fact get your shit and get the fuck out of my house.”

The absolute nerve of a bitch who had done what she did and then ask that – NFW!!

Then I read a comment that mentioned the last two paragraphs. I should have stayed away, but curiosity got me & there is our hero – excited about his wife coming home after being with her former lover, “dancing” I suppose, and she’s to fuck him in the ass… Good Grief Charlie Brown… one star.

teedeedubteedeedub11 months ago

I think there was a good story hiding in there somewhere. I think I have described your work before as superfluous At least you're consistent..

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Your writing is very, very good. While I typically favor raac rather than a btb story, i feel that this story was too forgiving and in too soon a fashion. The audacity to approach Sadie and David to resume competition was incredulous. The insistence of having Sadie and David as "coaches" was over the top, patronizing, and not believable. Janet's behavior, at a minimum, dictated much more punishment; and at a maximum, their request to resume competition warranted his immediate departure and divorce. In the end, David from my perspective, is a wimpy cuck who somehow at the end finds himself wearing lingerie. He's an embarrassment. She's a narcissist. The storyline, to me, is non-believable.

Nonetheless, while I do not favor the storyline, your writing is very good! No less than 5 stars. Thank you for sharing.

G

WargamerWargamer11 months ago

I was enjoying this story immensely. I prefer BTB but can enjoy a good RAAC. I thought the request to compete after being caught cheating was audacious and would in normal circumstances be rejected, but went along with it for the story’s sake.

But the cross dressing and pegging lost me, so superfluous to the story. You went too far and ruined a reasonable story.

You went from a 5 to a 3. Better luck next time.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Everyone has to do what is right from them!

4

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Story was over by the end of page 1. Wife pregnant to husband's coworker while in a months long intimacy dry spell she initiated out of guilt for her own lies and betrayal. The rest of the story is a fantasy of magical therapy and gaslighting of the husband. The lack of lasting impact from incredibly damaging actions taken by partners who knew and acted like it was wrong but still did it really makes the rest of the story a joke.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderher8 months ago
I learned a valuable lesson

After reading a half dozen or so of your stories.......

READ THE COMMENTS FIRST

The comments will tell me if it is a story worth reading.

I read these comments and decided not to waste my time reading 11 pages of garbage. I think I will just move on to other authors. Your the wife cheated but she was drugged schtick is getting old and the straight up cheating stories suck.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A történet maga jól indult,de legalább öt oldallal kevesebb is bőven elég lett volna a terápiával és a tánc felkészülésével kapcsolatban...!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I read the story to the end. I prefer reconciliation stories over BTB, but introducing and then dropping a plot point as important as a pregnancy was never really explained. It spoiled the story for me.

RanDog025RanDog0252 months ago

I liked it! Everyone wants a perfect story. Those cost money! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous