All Comments on 'Candle in The Window'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 241 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A woman who can provide that kind of sexual pleasure deserves to get away with it. Mine has stayed with me because of the material things that I can provide for our family. I overlook her indiscretions because I’ve been totally addicted from day 1.. I relish in returning to her every time. That’s just the way it is and she knows it. It’s what husbands like us need. It’s not for others to understand..I’m hooked…Great story..

JT

HighBrowHighBrow4 months ago

Jeez, what an effing bitch. And, he may be considered a good man, but he’s still a cuck.

Dylan1Dylan14 months ago

I really enjoyed this. I wished you had gone into his feelings as much if not more than you did hers. Also a little kick in the tale would have been his proof of her infidelity upon his death. Just so she knew that he had known all these years. Good story that should’ve scored higher than this.

JAFCritic3JAFCritic34 months ago

I fell this story was better for NOT going deep into Clay’s feelings and thoughts. Keeping more focus on Siobhan allows the reader to interpret and rationalize the feelings Clay must have gone through during that seven years. I have seen similar situations where one spouse had an affair and they stayed together for the children. I’ve also seen a person make a decision that they were done with life and pass away soon after.

Well done, 5 ⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

She out him through that for 7 years? I wanted her to suffer more.

maggiemight1maggiemight14 months ago

A sad story, but a good one.

MigbirdMigbird4 months ago

Commented earlier; reread this well crafted piece and sadly became evident that pice was all about him — she was but a caricature, hardly supporting cast. Fits perfectly with LW category.

UncleGrahamUncleGraham4 months ago

Maybe some like, and some don't, but it's a Five from me. Well done!

wasagadavewasagadave4 months ago

Sad story, but sometimes life is sad. 5 Stars

oldtwitoldtwit4 months ago

Oh that had an unexpected ending, good plot but better because of the way you played it out.

MarrttyMarrtty4 months ago

Well written but I hate the wife character, maybe a sign it was exceptionally written.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Picture perfect of a despicable cunt but that’s all folks, nuthin‘ to like here.

Sorry, no brownies fo this one, none.

Captcha

012Say012Say4 months ago

Interesting to see the comments. I guess many rate stories based on how well they like them, rather than how well they are written. This is a good example -a great story, 5, but sad and disturbing.

driv2u2driv2u24 months ago

Hubby was a bit desperate ,

kalash777kalash7774 months ago

It's a very good story but it somewhat disturbed me and left a bad aftertaste with a lot of sadness. I felt for the husband and kind of admired his tenacity (for lack of a better word) to endure her for all these years. His death was much better thing for him than living with her. Thank you for writing.

MsVanilla69MsVanilla694 months ago

Just goes to show he knew it the entire time then died from a truely broken heart , im sure freeing her to do the same things over again , well written story I enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Hey, High Brow…I hope you find out that your girlfriend/wife has a long term affair, and that you find out about it. Then YOU can be a cuck, too, and know that you are one. Dumb ass, the only despicable cuck is a WILLING cuck. Clay was not a willing cuck.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A wife who disrespected, cheated on, lied to and cucked her husband, then ignored and abused her husband. It was a shame he was a cuck and a wimp for all those years. Very poor characters to be the lead characters in a story.

MormonJackMormonJack3 months ago

A sad, disturbing story that is all too real. I don't know why the commenters had issues, but this was also a powerful story, especially because of the realities involved. And Clay? Yeah, he knew without actually knowing.

Thank you. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A well-plotted, well-written Hooked special.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Different

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lol, in other versions of this trope the guy runs off in an RV, or a boat or just another city, but no this cuck runs away 6ft under.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well, I’m not going to scan 222 comments to see if other people have an opinion about what I’m about to say. Obviously, the author wanted to tell this sad story this way, and I’m fine with that. But I would say that the PI company did not do its due diligence. Since Clay didn’t have a smidgeon of what they would consider “real” evidence, they should have gone back to the origin of her change in attitude, the first trip during which she cheated. They should have been at that hotel with bells on, showing her picture to everyone who had worked there, during the time she was there. Clay obviously did not get his money’s worth of an investigation. The way this ended was just so depressing, unlike Hooked’s other stories, where the betrayed husband gets lots of good sex, if not a new partner, after his divorce. 😭 Now, I have to go read a BTB! 🤬

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yeah, I got depressed, too, the way this story turned out. I thought that Clay was going to see that she packed that blue dress she hadn’t worn in seven years and send another PI firm after her. That would have been more like one of Hooked’s usual endings, with Clay actually learning what the problem was in his marriage, and making the decision to separate, now that the kids were older.

It would also have provided an opportunity to write another different kind of story, though: one where the wife confesses how screwed up she had been since the first time she had been with the movie star, and her realizations about what it really was, after the second time she was with him. What would the husband have done, then?

newford9bnewford9b3 months ago

To be quite honest, not too sure about it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yeah but the cheater got away with it - TWICE!

Reader2021Reader20212 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Excellent - Another please

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Depressing story, depressing read.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Soory mate I just HATE cheating wives You write good stories I may not always comment because Mr Literotica hates me and will not let me become a member Keep up the good work (jaybee186)

usaretusaret2 months ago

It was well written, well thought out, just well everything. But I did not like it. I spent the whole time while reading waiting for S o m e t h I n g. Never got there.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianabout 2 months ago

You wrote a good story. It had a surprise ending that saddened me greatly. However, I guess it was a better ending than a bitter divorce and slip-seating the kids for 15 years. I feel so much empathy for Clay. Keep up the good work. MtM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This deserves a higher rating.

I suppose that's too much to ask in this crowd, where half want her drawn and quartered, and the other half want him lapping up her heartthrob's creampie.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox30 days ago

This was a hard story to read, at least for me. The ending capped the feeling I had about the story. Sad, sad sad!

RimmerdalRimmerdal27 days ago

Good story. Bitch needed to be burned.

usaretusaret27 days ago

Second reading: no change. Two stars for a perfectly good story. I just do not like it.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Good story

Cowardly slut must know, in the deep of the night, that she killed him, and he would still be alive, if not for her actions, and her silence.

"I knew that wasn't what you would have wanted."

Yeah, I think he would have learned how to move forward, they could have worked on something, therapy could help him get through it, even after a divorce, and he would still be alive, after adapting to changed or divorced life.

He never had a chance, slut had it all over him. She also never tried to fall back in love with her husband for lo, those 7 years, between. She never tried, actively, to make it better, other than being willing to cuddle, once again, AFTER the second cheating.

Why would he let it go, when he had no comprehension of it, and no way to even try to believe that it would not happen again?

Now, Clay never really had a straightforward plan to try to solve whatever problem they had, either, but, Siobahn was in the know, and had the duty to try, when she realized, at different times, the depth of the long-term problem.

Her cheating, her cowardice, and her silence killed him.

DessertmanDessertman23 days ago

A well written story, but so sad. I wonder how many marriages end up with one or both feeling unfulfilled or even worse, betrayed. Regrets over what could have been, but never was.

As a psychotherapist I have seen too many disappointed and hurt people, but also some wonderful loving relationships, including my own, belatedly at 81!

desecrationdesecration12 days ago

Relationships of this type, I have seen many. The husbands who do well take joy in their children and hobbies and basically treat their wives like furniture.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Powerful

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

My second time reading this and it raised a question about a point I didn't pick up on the first round: why did she pack the sexy blue dress for the first business trip at which she ran in to lover boy?

The idea that she continued to be attracted to him when he repeatedly called her by a wrong name didn't lend any credibility to the tale, sadly this has to go down as a mis hit by this talented author.

JR

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

The wrong one died in the story. She should have contracted some STD that would have taken her out.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHooked1957@Hooked1957
Basic average guy in basic average America.