All Comments on 'Cannon Song'

by milesnai

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
HighpikeHighpikeover 1 year ago

Cerebral and erotic. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't remember if something like this was in "The Harrad Experiment" or not, but this was as silly as that book is. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the story, but I don't get the title.

The only "Cannon Song" I can think of is the one in the Brecht-Weill version of 3Penny Opera, a pretentious enough reference to fit the college bull session theme, but that's about the military-industrial complex in the British empire and doesn't quite fit.

RodThrustinRodThrustinover 1 year ago

To Anonymous: No nothing quite like this in The Harrad Experiment--not in the book, anyway. Might have been in that POS movie by the same name.

And to Milesnai: About 1969 or 1970 we had a movie theatre in the college town that showed only porn. Most of us only went once, out of curiosity. I remember one of the movies was "Doctor, I'm Coming!" And featured, among other things, a "doctor" with a penis that was literally knee-length from his crotch, and proportionately thick.

Other than that, they were totally forgettable.

milesnaimilesnaiover 1 year agoAuthor

To answer the question about the title, the questioner is way to OCD in research ... and no, I did not mispell cannon.

The truth is simpler:

The Cannon Song is Princeton's fight song. And in addition, the movie described in the story was real, distributed in this country by some outfit that called itself the Cannon Group. And I remember that because of the association with Cannon Club, an eating club at Princeton that had the reputation at the time for the wildest parties, not to mention the Annual Nude Volleyball Tournament. Besides, I just liked the name.

And yes, this drivel is what I did with my Ivy League education. Princeton in the Nation's Service, as we used to say.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 1 year ago

Just the sort of crazy thing a bunch of college kids would do. Well done.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don't I wish this could have happened in my dorm.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermilesnai@milesnai
Fans of Lois McMaster Bujold know that Miles Naismith is the name used by Miles Vorkosigan when he was off playing Admiral of the Dendarii Mercenaries in her extraordinarily good series of Vor books. Miles is my descendant. I am quite proud of my remote descendant, but you mus...