All Comments on 'Can't Get Used To Losing Her...'

by shuttlepilot

Sort by:
  • 145 Comments (Page 2)
penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
When You Were A Kid,

Did you (A) Have someone piss down your back and then say OH LOOK IT'S RAININ

(B) Someone steal your favorite teddie only to find women wear teddies now (C) Got caught flogging yourself and you had them take that away from You ! Because this story is wrong wrong wrong! As punishment you have to watch 24 hrs straight of Jery Springer Show JERRY, JERRY, JERRY We'll be watching You ★★☆ WOOF!

ptolmetptolmetabout 6 years ago
Just wow

A tragedy so well written. Thank you for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Re-read the story. Wish I'd given it 5 instead of 3

When I gave it 3, I was looking for "Burn the Bitch".

Six months have passed, and I realized I had under appreciated this story.

It should have been a 5. I'm sorry

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

I hate stories like this where the family is disloyal to the husband.

""Now see what you've done?" my father furiously said, reaching for Katy and taking her into his lap."

Come on, seriously?! The bitch of a wife just abandoned him and refused to have any more contact, so this is the first time they've got together to talk... and these idiots don't expect the husband to be furious at Belle? Why the hell would you bring a child along to that kind of explosive situation?

Belle had no contact with him for years and basically admitted to fucking other guys... but she was pregnant with his child when she left! Why the hell didn't she let him know? She stole four years of being a father to that little girl (if she was actually his daughter). His parents should have been furious that Belle kept their granddaughter away from them for four years as well...

Not only that but Belle never once apologises for the terrible way she treated him, then just tops herself and dumps responsibility for Katy in his lap. What an unbelievably selfish cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@Samuel

You got it right the first time.

TailakaTailakaalmost 6 years ago
Family & Illness

I'm okay when family tries, gently, to help. A$$holes like his Father showing up at his office trying to force his compliance make me sick. That Belle killed herself is sad, and maybe selfish. Knowing that if she hadn't gotten sick she would have probably NEVER told him about his daughter is just awful.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Another

Another good one from shuttlepilot. I, too, wonder if she would have come back if not for the cancer. She was gone for five years with no contact at all. He should deny his father a relationship with the granddaughter, his disloyalty was unforgivable. Belle was a ciward, her way was to run from everything. She did it one final time.

ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
So...

... was the father having an affair with his ex-daughter-in-law? That's the only rational basis I can see for him being such an asshole about the situation, not giving his son a heads-up, and being so touchy-feely with the ex-wife.

Assuming I take what the wife says at face value, I'm not sure how much I blame her for the divorce. A child's death can shatter a marriage, without anyone being at fault. It can take years of grieving to get over it, and everyone grieves in a different way, which can pull the husband and wife in different directions. Unlike similar situations (e.g., the death of a spouse's parent), *both* of them are grieving, so it's hard for either of them to be the rock for the other.

(And that she had sex with other people after the divorce? Who cares, they're divorced, and she's only back in his life for the kid, not because she's trying to get back together.)

... but I don't know if I believe her: The "five years" number seems to be from the divorce, and the description of what happened pre-divorce doesn't really sound like there was a lot of sex going on during that process. (OTOH, the husband at least seems to think that it's *plausible* for him to be the father, so maybe that's just sloppy writing.)

But even if I don't blame her about the divorce, hiding a child from him is unforgivable, even in normal circumstances. In the context of someone whose life fell apart because his first child died? I don't think there's a hell hot enough for what she deserves.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Not a fan

Depressing, dark, nothing redeeming about the majority of the characters. The only ones I didn't hate and had even some redeeming qualities were protagonist (can you blame him?), his mom (mostly, anyway...), the grandmother Gailene and the innocent Katy

Fuck Belle and fuck his father. So she only came back because she was dying? I don't wish death on anyone, but what a selfish bitch. All this 'I realized that I was wrong' bullshit was just that - bullshit. Five years she was out there, with a kid that may or may not be his (get a fucking DNA test!) and was clearly moving on, fucking around. What was he doing? And after ALL of that, he STILL can't get over her? Very few people live like that. 'True romance' my ass! Most people can and do move on with their lives, because guess what? It's the natural thng to do! Why is he wasting his life away over a woman who fucked him over? If Katy's his daughter, great, raise her. But you CAN find someone else who you could love just as much (hopefully better) than a two-bit tramp!

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
BABY THE RAIN MUST FALL

and one hopes he has a huge umbrella. TK U MLJ LV NV

johnadpjohnadpover 5 years ago
Lots Left Missing In This Story

We need her story to get a better idea on what really happened:

1. He says his father is an asshole, but I don't see any hint of it. Maybe he is a bit rough around the edges and not giving him enough space to come to the conclusion the father wanted, which was him acknowledging and accepting responsibility for his son, but let's remember this is a man that was probably raised during the Great Depression. In my view he would have been an asshole if he turned his back on his granddaughter and he did exactly the opposite.

2. We don't know why Belle left him. I can't imagine losing a child and I can imagine the parent that loses a child just shuts down and wants to be away from everything that reminds you of that lost child. People go through a divorce and want to move to a different town, away from people that knew them both and start completely fresh. That could be one possibility why Belle did it. Another could be she somehow blamed her husband for Billy's death. Maybe she blamed herself for not being able to protect the child. We have no clue why she left. We only have the perspective of the hurt man who obviously going to have a biased opinion.

3. Her not letting him know about his having a daughter was the only shitty thing I can see. We don't know why she wanted a divorce and to leave, but adults get to make that decision. We all get the chance for a do-over, for whatever reason, even if it's a bad one. But since we don't know why she left we don't know if she didn't tell her husband about the child because she wanted to protect the new one. She may have had a valid reason to think he had something to do with the child's death or even a completely illogical reason, but again we have no clue because the author only gives us his perspective.

Very sad story. I commend any parents that are able to even take steps forward and not just compeletely crumble. I think of myself as a very positive person and nothing could get me down, but I cannot imagine losing a child. I can easily imagine completely either shutting down or running away from everything that reminds me of the child to even have a chance to survive.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 5 years ago
Well Done

Very nicely told. I liked how you held the last card back to shift the story away from wife, mom & dad in the past to Katy in the future. The moment when he has to decide what matters, become a father or go, was perfect. 5*

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 5 years ago
Interesting.

I really liked this story.

Would've given it full rating,

if he had checked if she was his daughter.

Why should he believe the ex?

Even less reason believing her

since she was dying and just looking

for someone to raise her child.

The guy had never heard of a DNA test?

Difficult to believe that.

So 4 out of 5 from me.

gmann57gmann57about 5 years ago

That guy was the dumbest mother fucker on the planet

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Some123: the date is November 1963-1964. Kennedy was just assassinated. Oh, and 5-stars

So yes, he had never heard of a DNA test.

Holy crap, all sorts of clues this was the early ‘60s: Kennedy, presidential funeral, Johnson, Ladybird Johnson, the Edsel, the date November 1963. I can see missing one clue, but at least 6 ???

The test would have been by blood-typing. Not necessarily proof OF paternity, but can definitely prove proof of NOT paternity.

Fabulous and sad story. 5-stars (though I accidentally hit 4 and can’t change it).

SkubabillSkubabillabout 5 years ago
No DNA back then

I gave it 5 stars because the guy was right. DNA tests weren't available back then and blood tests could in many circumstances only eliminate some parents based on blood type. Good story but I don't understand why everyone was so evasive.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
Good story well told. 5*****

As they say, no DNA back then, no GPS, no voice-activated recording devices, just words and actions. He was a good and decent man and the story was inspiring. Also, I don't believe for a minute the child is his.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Another read

Like the story much more the second time through. Still can't get a grasp on Belle's actions though.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Another life of misery.

Another soul fucked by the fickled finger of fate. Great writing, depressing as hell.

QuintiusQuintiusover 4 years ago
Not a great story

The story was presented in a very stilted, retroactive manner. Every interaction that was at all interesting happened off stage, giving us nothing but Brian's stunned emotional reaction to read about. Belle and Brian's father were incredibly selfish, ugly people; completely unlikable. No explanations were given to this man in order to prepare him for what was happening to him, yet everyone around him put pressure on him to act. His father wanted him to man up, his mother wanted him to help her keep peace in the family, his disgusting ex wanted him to get to know the child she'd kept secret from him for years... hell, even his grandmother pressured him to visit more often. And Gailene wanted a raise!

The absolute worst part of this was definitely Belle's repulsive selfishness. She abandons him after they lose their son then bears his daughter but never tells him they have a child. Let's face it, had she been with another man when she found out she had cancer Brian NEVER would have found out he had a child. This selfish cunt wouldn't have given him the time of day, she would have just left Katy with whatever guy she'd trolled up. She doesn't even warn him that she's sick so he can prepare to become a single father properly. This is one thoroughly fucked up bitch.

All in all I can't find much to like about this story. The characterizations are realistic and the situation is well portrayed but there's nothing redeeming or entertaining about it. In the end all reading this story left me with was a sense of frustration. Brian was cheated of his marriage, his son, and the first years of his daughter's childhood. We, the readers, were cheated of reading all the most interesting parts of the drama and left with nothing but questions that will never be answered and a deep sense of dissatisfaction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A Little Honesty Would Help

She leaves. She moves on, despite having a child that is apparently his. Then she doesn't write him, doesn't contact him to let him know he has a child and that she's dying. She just shows up, having gotten the idiotic co-operation of his parents to just spring the ex and the child on him as a surprise instead of being straightforward and telling him.

Even after he's so upset, his father says the girl is his but nobody tells him the ex has cancer.

I can't imagine why he'd want to have anything to do with the ex or with his parents. That sort of behavior is almost unimagineable. Why can't these characters just come out with the truth?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I would have walked on the lot of them...

Sorry, but I am out. Mic drop, changed jobs, lived under a bridge. Fuck the lot of them.

argeelogargeelogalmost 4 years ago
Poorly constructed

Too many holes. 2 stars only for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Holy crap monkies that was depressing.

They're divorced at the start of the story. Other than his Mother and Father, there is no loving wife in this story. Both of them were thoroughly unlikable people. He can't move on and she disappears with his child for years and then reappears ONLY because she knows the kid needs at least one parent. Can you say "fucked up"? I had no sympathy for Belle. She was a horrible, self centered bitch. That poor kid will never be right. This belongs in non-erotic. Or "Sad sack shit". Not the type of story I want to read.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Second read.

Etchiboy put me right on my earlier comment.

He has my thanks for that.

DNA tests were just a dream back then.

Silly of me not seeing that.

If bloodtype, eye color and facial signs

didn't clash with our guy,

he had no way of knowing if he was the father.

Words of a bitch changed nothing.

She wasn't trustworthy.

And before we judge the parents too harshly,

we must remember it was the time

where "Father knows best".

These parents were like so many others at that time.

Bad parents.

This was a dark story.

But powerful and captivating too.

So to corret my former error,

I change my four stars to five.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Read it again.

Now I'm thinking the daughter is his. Think about that! She kept them apart for 4 years based on what grievance? That woman is not likable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
testing!!!!!!!

abo blood test been around a while. story like life. many times unanswered. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pathetic wimp .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not even remotely his kid .

The whore got rejected by her lover/lovers whom she divorced her loving husband for after she fell pregnant THEN wants to force her bastard on her long suffering wimp of an ex husband ?

Not just no

But HELL no

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Can’t really blame Belle. She made sure that her daughter was taken care of before she left.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

decent story, sort of, but it had nothing to do with the Kennedy assassination other than to cast a somber hue over the story.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 3 years ago

While a nice, but sad little story, it was kind of dull. It needed some conflict/drama, His parents betray Brian by having the ex there without warning and that is, for the most part hunky-dory? Dull story.

-

Brian should have just said 'NO'. This kid is your problem Belle, you deal with it without me. If she tells him she needs him to take care of Katy after she dies, he tells her to put Katy up for adoption. She deserted him, at a time of great sorrow, (death of their son), and now she wants his help? NO!!!! His parents may want to take the kid in, but, at their age are they capable? Let her die worried about Katy's life will be like without Belle.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

too depressing and he wimped out. Back then a blood test was not a real decent paternity test. Don't know if he would want that done right now in modern times. She walked out, finds out she is diving, and passes off the kid to make certain it had a future as all her lovers don't want or need a kid. Good for her.

I would have told my parents if you believe her and want her then you raise the kid. And I would have left for good. They are divorced! It is only early 60's so he can easily disappear as no social media or internet or DNA. Just go away!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She never gave an explanation why she left him. In the sixties divorce was not that prevalent or easy, so she must have had some compelling reason to leave Brian. And, Brian never *insisted* on knowing "WHY!?!?"

As others had noted, a dull story. Not bad, but, dull. 3 stars.

bigurnbigurnover 2 years ago

Well, at least the bitch died...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Deceitful bitch to the lasr.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I understand. Came home from a god forsaken hell hole in 1969 to find the love of my life and little daughter gone. Thanks to the internet found her in 2013. My daughter had died in 1992, but i had 2 grandchildren that didn't know me or want to know me. I don't know today if the cunt is alive now or not. Remindes me of her. Hate is very easy to live with.

timrivtimrivalmost 2 years ago

Utterly depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pro-tip: She's not his daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good trade.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hard when you can't communicate

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ex-wife for a amazing daughter is a great trade.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Stupid; no testing. What good comes out of being so misinformed, or underinformed?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Its pretty common that marriages break when a child is lost , unless there is more than one. This was really sad, it was a shame he didn't talk to her and find out what she had to say it ruined the story that didn't happen. Also her commiting suicide or dieing of the cancer leaves the ending in a bad place.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous