Captain Emrah Jackson Ch. 29

Story Info
Emrah goes home.
23.6k words
4.77
2.2k
0

Part 29 of the 33 part series

Updated 11/09/2023
Created 12/07/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vector900
Vector900
136 Followers

This ongoing sci-fi series will contain non-consensual elements.

I had been on my way to Ferrin in hopes of reconnecting with the Siren's Kiss and seeing Roki again. Instead, I had answered a distress call from a stricken station and in turn helped some of the doomed inhabitants escape on a crippled ship. Now I was stuck on a way station in the middle of space with no credits and no way to leave.

Luckily it was a busy station and had a friendly staff. I sent a message to the location of my ship using the station's comms array. I told them to either contact me here or on Ferrin.

I was given a bed in a bunk room with some other women. As I had no means of payment I would have to do menial work in exchange for a bed and food. Due to my experience, I tried to get a job doing something more meaningful, but the station chief told me that he had no higher-level jobs open at the moment. He did consider my pregnancy and put in a word for me at one of the few bars that operated here. They didn't mind my condition they saw it as a benefit. They'd had workers steal booze before, but being pregnant meant I was going to be dry.

There was always a steady stream of ships; sometimes, they would pick up spare crew from the job boards. I put up my notice with the express intent to get to Ferrin. I wasn't choosy about the work I was willing to take either.

Wickram and some of the others had already secured passage on a transport leaving for another way station in a neighbouring sector. They asked me to join them but it would put me further away from Ferrin. They lamented that they weren't able to help me out but assured them it was fine.

The other pirates didn't stay long either and got work on a pirate ship that had stopped to re-arm and refuel. I told Josiph he was a good man, and wished him luck.

The bar I was going to be working at was called Indigo. It was one of two drinking establishments on the way station. Its proprietor was a man called Gorran who lived in quarters above the bar.

"You're Emrah, aren't you?" he asked as I met him one morning.

"I am, ready to work."

He was in his fifties and was a short stout man with powerful-looking arms. He began to tell me that he ran a clean establishment, which meant no drugs and zero tolerance for bad behaviour. Our main competitor was on the opposite side of the concourse. It was a little more downmarket than Indigo. I asked him how he managed to run a friendlier bar. He told me it was simple. He charged more for his drinks. It made him less competitive, but he priced out the hard drinkers.

The station also didn't allow brothels. Our two places were the only sources of entertainment.

"We get a lot of officers in here," he said, as he showed me around. It was a small place with a dozen tables, a bar area and a couple of booths.

There was another barmaid too. She was called Selena. She was twenty-three and quite pretty. There was a shyness about her which came across as a demure attitude. Unlike me, she didn't stay in the bunkhouse but instead lived with Gorran above the bar. At first, I assumed they were father and daughter, but he informed me she rented a room from him.

"How along are you?" he asked, gesturing to my stomach.

"Six months."

"Is that why you are going to Ferrin, to be with the father?"

I didn't want to complicate things by telling him the truth, so I lied and told him yes.

"You'll get there," he said, cheerfully.

I started my shift that night. Like he had said it was a more upmarket place, and it wasn't hard work at all. Gorran worked the bar while Selena and myself served the drinks and wiped down the tables.

Trying not to think about my pregnancy was getting increasingly difficult. A doctor at the medical center had confirmed that I had indeed been fitted with a device by Sakura that meant I had to carry the child to full term. If I didn't get transport there was a very real chance that I would have to give birth here. I would certainly be in good hands. After that, I didn't know what I was going to do with it. It was a question I had tried not to answer. A baby wasn't something I wanted. Going back to the Siren's Kiss with an infant wasn't an option. Going to a civilized world could be a solution. There it could be taken in and looked after. I would either need credits or a ship for that.

My new colleague seemed to take a shine to my predicament, and she asked me all sorts of questions and insisted on putting her hand on my bulge. She thought it was a wonderful thing. I asked her about her background. She was from a colony that had suffered a viral outbreak and collapsed. Through the kindness of strangers, she came to be here, and as she told me, Gorran looked after her now. Once I got past her shyness I found her to have quite a happy outlook on life.

We were due to close when the station chief and two of his colleagues came in. Gorran knew them well and told me he often drank with them after hours. He let me go early and with aching ankles I went back to the bunk room.

**********

The next few days passed quickly. Sometimes it was busy and sometimes quiet. Selena was good company during the slow hours. I didn't talk to Gorran much, who preferred chatting with the patrons. We had plenty of regulars who worked on the station. A few were like me, working here until a better opportunity came along.

One afternoon the station chief stopped by. He had some more questions about the destruction of the station I had come from. His name was Skrillo, but most people just called him Chief.

"As I told you I wasn't there when it happened," I said.

"Uh-huh, when I spoke to Wickram he told me it was a ship using some sort of stealth technology. Have you ever seen anything like that before?"

"Not in the free systems," I admitted.

"What worries me is that it was no pirate attack. No raid, no demands, just destruction."

Whoever had done it had destroyed the docked pirate ship and that suggested that it could have been a revenge attack.

He didn't seem satisfied with my answer but I had nothing else to suggest. The truth was that I was familiar with stealth technology. Not in the free systems, but in the UEN. They were small prototype ships that were mainly used in special operations. It was highly unlikely they would come so far in the free systems just to destroy a pirate ship though.

He went over to chat to Gorran who I now was realising was a good friend of his.

That evening the place filled up. A ship had just arrived for a much-needed resupply and its crew were eager to stretch their legs and let their hair down. Their captain also graced us with his presence. He was a man about my age with a head of darkly coloured hair. His companions were a woman with long copper-coloured hair and a rather well-built younger man.

"Where are you coming in from?" I asked as I placed their tray of drinks down.

"Just came through the three sisters nebula, heading towards the Belarus sector," the Captain told me with a pleasant smile.

"You wouldn't be passing Ferrin?" I asked, somewhat hopeful.

"The wrong direction for us," he said, and asked if I was looking for passage there.

I nodded and then the muscular young man asked why I wanted to go there.

"Catching up with my crew."

The woman with the long copper hair sat back in her chair with a more interested expression on her face. "You are a pirate?"

"Yeah, from the Siren's Kiss."

She told me she hadn't heard of it, and assumed I was married to the bar owner. It made me laugh.

"Just working for my keep," I said and returned to the bar.

Gorran informed me that they weren't pirates. They were a band of mercenaries.

"They are a thirsty bunch," he said and told me it would be a long night.

As the evening carried on more drinks were served and the happy atmosphere was almost derailed when a group of young men at a table made a lewd pass at Selena. The chief who was still around nipped it in the bud quickly by having a quiet word with them. It seemed to settle them down.

I spoke a bit more to the Captain of the ship. He told me they took all sorts of contracts from guarding colonists who were being harassed by pirates to simple escort runs for high-paying clients. I told him it sounded quite fun, but he assured me it was mostly tedious as they didn't get to fight often.

"They always run when they see our ship," the young man said.

The hours ticked by and I prayed for the night to end. My legs were aching along with my back. Eventually, the place started to empty much to my relief.

The Captain wished me luck on my journey, as did the muscular man. The woman lingered and gestured me over.

"You looking for a little extra work tonight, hun?" she asked with a smile.

I started to tell her how I was just looking forward to my bed when she reached out and gently stroked my arm. The realization of what she was suggesting hit me and while flattered I politely declined.

Gorran was still chatting with the chief as I brought over a tray of empty glasses. There was just a group of young men left at one of the tables.

"Should I ask them to leave?"

"No, it's fine," he said, "Let them go in their own time, you get off Emrah, get some rest."

I left them to it and went back to the bunk room.

*********

A whole week had passed, and I was no closer to getting off here. While I worked to pay for my food and board I did receive a share of the tips, which were mine to keep. It wasn't a great fortune but allowed me to buy some toiletries from one of the merchants. I also bought some new clothes too. My coveralls were not just looking worn out but were starting to strain at my burgeoning stomach.

The shopkeeper suggested a body glove, but I didn't want something so form-fitting. Instead, I opted for a pa of trousers with an elasticated waist and a loose-fitting shirt. I had enough left over to buy a second-hand pair of boots. After the jungle mine were practically falling apart.

One of the girls I bunked with told me I should wear more makeup if only to increase the tips I was getting. She worked at the gambling tables in the other bar and often left for work wearing very garish outfits. She was stuck in this limbo just like me, so I thought better of it.

There was still no message from the Siren's Kiss, and it was worrying me. All I could hope was that their comms were down, or my message had never made it.

"People are always going to Ferrin," Selena said to me and told me it wouldn't be long now.

"What about you, are you going to spend your whole life here?"

She chuckled and said, that she was making good money, and hopefully one day she might open a similar type of place.

"You must be getting bigger tips than me," I said.

"Well," she said, with a shrug, "some days are better than others."

There was only a small ship in the dock that night and the crew had all decided to drink at Indigo's. There were only six of them and it made the place seem very quiet without anyone else. The Chief seemed to know them and sat drinking and talking. Selena was serving them mostly, so I was left just clearing the empty glasses.

They were a lot rowdier which Gorran didn't seem to mind. As there were no other patrons it made sense to let them have their fun.

"Why don't you knock off early tonight Emrah," he suggested. It was still early and I told him I was happy to stay and clean. He insisted though.

As I made my way out one of the workers shouted out above the noise.

"Is she not on the menu tonight?" he was quickly shushed by the Chief.

As I made my way back to my bunk room, I wondered what he had meant. It was probably just some drunken nonsense, but it still niggled me.

I tried to forget about it, but I lay awake playing it over in my head. Something felt off.

*********

It had been a few hours since I had left the bar, and now sleep seemed impossible. I dressed quickly and slipped into my boots. The station worked on a strict day-night cycle, so the only people who were about were on the night shift. It was quiet and had an eerie atmosphere.

The shutters to the bar were mostly down and I could still see light coming from the inside. I peeked in through a gap and saw that it was empty.

They had probably gone back to their ship, I thought, but then why were the lights still on? I slipped in through the crack in the shutters and looked around. The table they had been sitting at still had empty glasses on it. Then I heard faint voices coming from upstairs. Knowing I should probably mind my own business I did the opposite and went to investigate.

I had never been in Gorran's private quarters before, and with as much stealth as I could manage, I crept up the steel stairs. The voices were getting louder until I reached a sliding door. Very carefully I began to slide it open.

It had only opened a crack and all I could see was the backs of two of the men. They were talking in a jovial manner and then one of them said something that told me all I needed to know.

"Hold her leg." As he said it I became aware of feminine moans in the background. It was being drowned out by male encouragement. One of the men I was watching moved to the side and I caught my first glimpse of Selena. The young girl was on her back with a misshapen form over her, grunting as he fucked her.

I knew what was happening but I didn't know why or how.

Suddenly there was a hand on my shoulder and I jumped with a start. It was the Chief, behind him I could see the bathroom door sliding shut. For a few seconds, we just stared at each other.

"You should go back to your room, Emrah," he said, coldly.

I nodded, I didn't know enough to make any judgement and decided that was the best option for now.

He watched me as I made my way back down the stairs. I didn't sleep much that night and knew that this wasn't over.

************

As soon as I left the bunk room in the morning I got a message to go and see the Chief in his office. I was glad in a way as some light would likely be shed on what I had witnessed the night before.

His office was at the very pinnacle of the station. It was spacious and well-appointed. The chief himself was a man in his forties and tall with an officious demeanour.

I let him speak first.

"So about last night," he said straightforwardly. "Selena and Gorran have an arrangement."

"You are prostituting her out," I interrupted.

He smiled thinly at my accusation. It was all clear to me now. There were no brothels at the station. So the chief and Gorran were using the girl to make some money on the side. It was exploitation pure and simple.

"Emrah, I think maybe your time with us has come to an end."

I wasn't going to take any threats from him and assured him that I not only felt the same way but I would be leaving on the first ship that docked.

"And I will be taking Selena with me."

He looked at me for a few moments scratching his chin. He knew I was a pirate, and sooner or later my crew might come looking for me, so any threats were out of the question.

"How about this instead," he said with a smile. "I can loan you a shuttle and a member of our crew. They can take you to Ferrin as a gesture of goodwill."

It was a very tempting offer, but I knew the caveat would mean leaving Selena here. I got the impression that Selena wasn't so happy with their arrangement as he wouldn't be making such a bargain in the first place. Part of me wanted to be practical, it wasn't my job to save everyone I came across. The last time I had done that I had nearly gotten myself killed. It was the reason I found myself at this station in the first place. Even if I could bring her with me I would be bringing her to Ferrin and into far more danger of exploitation.

"Deal," I said and immediately hated myself for accepting.

A look of surprised satisfaction crossed his face, and he told me that I had made a wise choice. It would take a day or so to refit the shuttle for the journey.

"She likes the attention," he said, "and she earns decent money too."

I didn't want to hear anymore and excused myself.

*********

I wasn't going to work in the bar anymore, and sitting in my bunk room didn't appeal to me. Instead, I took a walk along the promenade to clear my head. I stopped at a large window and I looked out into space. I wondered what Roki would have made of all of this. I doubt she would have cared too much. I thought about all the people I had failed to save. Talia was the chief among them. Her fate had been the worst, as she had been twisted into a violent and evil person. It hurt my heart to think about the girl who I commanded on the Calypso. Then there was Delphine who had sacrificed herself to save my life, and Dex too who had performed a similar act to secure my freedom. As I felt tears forming I tried to think about all those who I had saved. From Antoinette to Lilly, then Alissia and Willow.

Vanya had called me special, but I didn't feel that way. In a lot of ways I was a failure, I had lost my ship and mostly counted on other people's generosity to survive. Fate had dealt me a very bad hand, and I had to live with that the best I could. I could just put an end to everything and return to Earth, back to the UEN where I would be thrown into prison or live out my days as a disgraced officer.

"Are you coming into work today?" a voice said, snapping me back to reality.

It was Selena, she had seen me standing there looking out into the void.

"No," I said quickly.

"Have you been crying?" she asked, with some concern.

I wiped my eyes with my cuff. "I seem to be getting emotional these days."

She laughed and told me it was the pregnancy. Maybe she was right.

I told her that the Chief had arranged a shuttle for me and I would be leaving in a few days.

"I'm glad you are getting to where you want, I will miss our chats though."

I promised to stop in and say goodbye properly.

************

On my way back to the bunk room, I passed by the group of miners who were coming out of one of the shops. They looked very pleased with themselves and were in high spirits. Had I not seen them I think I wouldn't have made the choice I made. They weren't going to Indigo and went into the gambling bar instead. I followed them inside.

There were two gambling tables, one was closed at the moment, while the other was an automated device. It wasn't unlike roulette where you could place bets on a digital board and hope for a win. Two of them settled at this table while the others went to the bar to drink.

I went over to the table and asked if either of them could show me how to play.

"Sure it's easy," one of them said and began explaining how it worked. It all seemed straightforward. There was no skill involved and it was based on luck and probability. One that was heavily in the device's favour.

"You are the barmaid from last night," one of them then said.

"Uh huh, Emrah," I said sweetly.

They introduced themselves as Harris and Reij. Harris was the older of the pair and was the one who had drunkenly tipped his hand in the bar the other night.

I didn't have many credits, so I bet small and conservatively.

"You are a natural," Harris commented as I won a small amount. He was about fifty with a large paunch and long sideburns

My funds ran out quickly leaving me with only enough left for a non-alcoholic drink.

Harris kept glancing over at me and made suggestions that I try again. As I nursed my drink I knew he would want to join me eventually.

"Buy you another," he said when he finally made his way over.

I nodded and told him I would have the same. We chatted for a little while and he told me there worked throughout the sector providing maintenance for various mining concerns. It all sounded very boring to me, but I faked an interest in what he was telling me. Eventually, we got onto a subject I was more interested in.

Vector900
Vector900
136 Followers