Captain Jack

Story Info
Survival in the Caribbean.
9k words
4.57
18.1k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Girochen
Girochen
153 Followers

This is just a little story I threw together. Only one person is real, and she is only a made up personality that may or may not have any relation with the actual real person.

Please comment with specific comments about what you like and do not like. I am interested in constructive criticism.

This is a single story, without a follow on. It is about the time until the escape from the island, nothing after that.

*****

I pulled the emergency release on the lifeboat and it fell. I made sure it landed safely, then I dove in next to it. Fuck this was screwed up. Years of investment, lost because some asswipe couldn't keep his fucking mouth shut. At least he was one of the dead. I had no idea how many were left alive. My crew of ten, all dead. Thirty passengers on the deck, machinegun fire had mowed them down as well. I'd been out of uniform and below decks checking on the illegal cargo when it all went down. The machinegun fire had ripped through the decking and the hidden cargo hold started to fill. I took one bale of the pot and stripped out of my clothes, leaving just my bathing suit. I went to my private bolt. It included some clothes, money, some survival gear, rations, a gun and a short range transmitter. Also my own rubber raft lifeboat. I'd popped the inflate and put the bale and my bag in the boat then took to the water.

The pirates had moved off and were leaving, so I hung back where they could not see me and waited hoping the ship didn't sink before they were far enough away. A couple of bottles of sparkling water floated past and I scooped them up. Then I saw her. No blood in the water, one of the guests. She was dressed in a bikini and wrap, with strap on flat sandals and was face down in the water. I pulled my self along the sinking boat and checked her neck. She still had a heartbeat.

I pulled her aboard the small raft. Nothing in her mouth, I breathed into her, once, twice and she began to cough up the water from her lungs and then lapsed into unconsciousness. Another floated nearby, and a third and I saw the rear of the boat was underwater. Many of the guests were floating free. I used the oar now and checked them. Dead. Fuck. I was fucked. Sunk ship, no islands nearby. The coast of Puerto Rico wasn't far, I'd have to try for there. The next woman was dead, but like most of them, she was a hot model type and they were mostly the same size as the live one, so I pulled her aboard, stripped her clothes and pushed her back off. I did the same for two others before the first shark came. I managed to scoop up a dozen more bottled waters as well and finally pulled out the small electric motor and headed away from the site as my boat slipped beneath the water.

I grabbed a tank top from my bag and pulled it on. I also grabbed the hat and the sunglasses then slathered up with sunscreen. The girl I'd pulled from the drink had medium skin, maybe an islander or latina, hard telling, so I put just a touch on her as well. No use saving her only to let her burn and have to deal with that. I dribbled a little water in her mouth and she swallowed it. Damn she was hot. Her skin was baby soft and she reacted to my touch with a little moan. Her lips parted and her tongue flicked out as she arched her back. Damn, I thought. I shifted my attention back to the situation and started motoring slowly to the south. I really didn't know how far east and west I was, but I could see the lines of clouds to the east. That meant a tropical storm. I tied everything down including my passenger and pushed the speed a bit. The batteries wouldn't last long if I kept this up, but then I spotted it, a smudge to the south. Land.

The island didn't look very hospitable or at least the beeches didn't. There were lots of rocks on every approach, but the skies behind were getting darker and darker. I found a place I thought looked good on the surface, but we'd have to surf the boat in to avoid rocks beneath. That meant I needed my passenger awake and, hopefully, helping. I grabbed her leg and shook it. "Hey, wake up," I said, then again louder.

She moaned and pulled a hand to her head as she sat up, "Where the fuck am I? Oh shit, those dudes were trying to kill us!"

"It's long over now, we're the only two left," I said, "but listen. We are almost out of options. That storm is coming fast and if we're at sea and it catches us, we are dead. Understand?"

She nodded, "Yes," then she looked around wildly, "What do we do?"

She was panicking and that wasn't going to help, "I have a plan. Look behind you, that beech. We're going for that beech," I said stripping back to my suit and stowing the rest. "But there are a lot of rocks, probably some under the surf. I need you to help and we need to surf the boat in to shore."

"Surf, those are some crazy waves," she said.

"And they are going to get worse," I said. "we need to do it now or we die."

She digested for a moment. It was a lot to take in. I'm sure in her mind, she was just on the deck, maybe falling, and getting shot at with a .30 caliber deck gun. I have to say, she took it well, at least for now and turned to me, "What do I need to do?"

"Make sure you are tied securely," I said and indicated the tie on my ankle to the rope around the gunwale of the lifeboat. I had tied her, but I'd been in a hurry and steering with my ass while doing it. "Then grab that oar and sit up where you can stroke the water on the right. We'll get in closer, I'll lock the motor up, then I'll get next to you and we'll paddle like hell to catch a wave." She nodded and got in place, "Make sure you slip the oar rope around your wrist."

We got into position and some big waves started coming, pushed by the storm. I signaled her and we dug. She was strong and I didn't have to hold back much to keep us even. We shot forward, lost the wave we were on and the trench got low enough to show we needed to be on top to make it. I screamed to dig and we paddled harder. Just before the rocks ripped us to shreds, the wave behind us lifted us and we were propelled forward. Unfortunately, that was the end of control as we began to spin. But we passed the rocks and held on. Then the wave folded over and the raft tipped end for end. We landed in the shallows and I got my feet under me and braced against the backflow of the wave as the next one started coming. I grabbed the girl's arm and drug the raft by the tie around my ankle as we struggled in to shore where we collapsed just out of the incoming waves, our breath labored and not yet out of danger.

We dragged the lifeboat up under the palms on the beech and I tied it to a tree firmly. I pulled out a shirt and pants and a slacks and shirt I'd acquired for her. The pants were a bit tight, but she got them on and the shirt as well. I had a single solar blanket which wouldn't help a lot but was better than nothing, so we huddled under it and the storm hit. It wasn't a hurricane, but the winds were probably close, maybe a tropical depression. The noise was horrendous and we could not do anything but hold the tree and each other. After a while, I had her wrap her arms and legs around the tree and I got behind her with my back to the wind and we rode it out. At some point during the night, she fell asleep and still was when the storm finally passed. I looked around, no eye, so I relaxed. I leaned against her and fell asleep myself.

I woke up to her movement. She was trying to get out of where she was pinned between me and the palm. "Hold on, let me unkink and I'll move," I said and stretched my muscles a bit. They were sore as hell. And her body was soft and warm against me. She had quit struggling, but she was not comfortable being trapped in place. I groaned as I bent my legs, "Fuck, that hurts." but I rolled my shoulders, got my arms and legs in place then pulled back and let her get up. She disappeared into the brush and I could here a little trickle as she peed.

She came back and sat down on the edge of the raft and looked at me, "I'm Nicole," she said. "Thanks for saving me. What about all the rest?"

"What do you remember?" I asked as I stretched my muscles and tried to work out the kinks. "and aren't you stiff at all?"

"No, a little sore, but I'm a dancer," she said. "I remember that we were having a good time. It was a good cruise, with some good people. Then this boat pulled alongside, with men and guns. A couple jumped aboard. One smashed the captain in the throat with a gun belt and pushed him overboard while he gasped for breath!" she shuddered at the memory. "Then they demanded wallets, jewelry, money. They took a couple of the girls, blonds, they liked blonds." she fingered her dark black hair. "We thought they would ride off, but then the gun mounted on the front started firing. I fell, my head hit the railing and I saw the water. Then I woke up and you said paddle."

"Let me see your head," I said and moved to her. She looked up at me and almost pulled back, but decided not to and let me see. She had a minor contusion and a small lump. "If you feel dizzy in the next day or two, let me know. Not a lot we can do either way, but I have some ibuprofen in the first aid kit." I looked at her, "You may want to take that shirt off and wash it. I got a few other things too, off the bodies. I'm Jack, by the way, Jack Jones," I said and stuck out my hand.

"Nicole Schwerzinger," she said, "thanks for saving my life Jack."

"Wished I saved more, forty people, minus you and I, dead." I said, "and my ship lost. Pirates don't usually kill like that, did someone say something?"

"Um, I heard something like, 'I'll find you and kill you all.' then the shooting started," she said and her eyes glazed over a bit, "It was all so senseless."

"Whoa now, don't lose it." I said and put my hand on her shoulder. "We aren't out of the woods yet. We need to find fresh water and build some kind of shelter. Then tonight, I can try and figure out where we are and what we can do. But I need you to be strong right now. Can you do that? We'll mourn the dead when we're sure we won't join them."

"Why do I need to take off this shirt?" she asked.

"Um, the back is covered in blood. The pants were good, but yeah." I said and pulled out the other two sets I'd gotten for her, two pairs of panties and no bras. "This is what I could find before they started to sink." Then I pulled out khaki shorts and shirt, underwear, socks and work boots. I pulled the gunbelt and hatchet and rope I'd brought as well. I pulled another belt with a scuba knife and handed it to her. "There probably aren't any dangerous creatures here. Most of them would have no food. There could be snakes though. Snakes will make good food. But we need water and a place to set up. Here is a bottle of water. That is all you get today. Take a sip when you feel thirsty but try and make it last as long aas possible."

"How bad off are we?" she asked as she slipped into the blood free shorts.

"It could be worse. See the bamboo on the hill? That means there is probably water," I said, "That is concern one. If there is water, there will probably be things drinking it. That means food, which is concern two. It is not going to be a vacation though." I turned to look at here, "I have some of the know how and equipment, and you look to be in good shape. You haven't been squeemish so far, and I have rations that should last the two of us around three days as well as six days of water."

"Shit, so, you know I am not some survivalist, right? I mean, I did a reality show once, but," she said, "I'm a singer and an actor. I'm in good shape because I workout and dance. I have no skills for this."

I moved closer to her, she didn't look scared, she did look worried. She was tougher than she thought too. "Look, we can do this. I can keep me and part of you alive. With you helping, we can keep both of us alive. It won't be easy, but hell, nothing worth having is easy."

She nodded and looked up in my eyes, "Okay, sorry, I may not show it... but I'm a little scared. I don't want to die out here." she said and let some of the fear creep into her eyes.

I took her in my arms and held her for a minute, "I know, I know. I'm right here." I pulled back and looked at her, drying her eyes with my thumbs, "We're in this together. If you need this again, you just say so. If I need it, I'll say so, okay?"

She nodded and wiped away the tears, "Okay."

We started hiking up the beech dragging the lifeboat behind us. I wanted it up safer than the strand we were standing on. The beech slanted up pretty quickly and I tied off the boat well up into the trees. I cached our supplies too, digging a hole and wrapping them in plastic before filling it back in. Looking around, I got my bearings and marked three palms to make sure I could find this place again and we started the climb. It was ten minutes later than we spotted the first of the rat like guinea pigs.

I stopped her but the critter heard and scurried away. "Well, there are guinea pigs. So, that's a food source and means there is water." I pulled out my pack of throwing knives, bright orange colored knives, and wrapped them to my left forearm. We walked up the hill a bit further and spotted a small game trail and followed it to a small spring. There were some guinea pigs and some other smaller rodents I didn't recognize at the source, but there was also a run off and looking down, we saw it was joined by a few others and made a creek that flowed down to a small lake. Nearby was an area that, from here, looked like a prime area for camp. The main problem was getting there. We sat and contemplated it.

"It is going to be tough, but I think the lake trickles out on the far side." I said, "We'll have to circle the island and come at it from the other direction."

Nicole was rubbing her calves, "I wish I had some hiking boots." I took one foot and removed the sandal then rubbed her foot and calf. She leaned back and moaned as I continued to look over the terrain. I absently switched to the other, leaving the first one on my lap and found a knot in her calf.

"You've got a knot here," I said.

"I totally feel that," she replied and groaned as I dug my thumb in, "No, don't stop, rub it out. Fuck that hurts."

I rubbed until it released then softer until her muscles relaxed enough to move on. I pulled her to her feet and she looked up at me before slipping her sandals back on and we headed down. We got to the raft and I pulled my canteen, put some of the spring water in a cup and tested it. Fresh sweet and no bacteria. I rigged shoulder lines for both of us and we slung the lifeboat between us and started the hike around the island.

"Jack, ahead of you," she said about ten minutes later. Ahead was a boa wrapped around a guinea pig. The guinea was near to being crushed but the snake was a large meal for both of us. I took out the hatchet and moved closer. then with a quick slice, I removed it's head.

"I guess that makes it break for lunch," I said and started gathering wood. "We'll need some stones about the size of softballs." I gathered enough wood to start and worked with her on stones. There were not a lot, but enough for a small fire circle, so I showed her what I did, scooping out the sand into a pile then setting the stones in a circle. I'd found a couple pieces of bamboo on the hill and pulled them out now. I cut up the snake and speared the pieces on the bamboo and put them over the fire. A while later, we were eating the somewhat greasy but oh so tasty fresh meat. After we ate I pulled out the canteen. "So, at some point, we either have to boil every drop we drink, or we have to just try the water and see if it is okay. We don't have a pot to boil water in constantly, so, I think I will try some and see if it affects us."

"Could it kill us?" she asked.

"No, just give us a sick stomach, maybe diarhea." I resplied.

"Then I'll do it," she said and looked at me defiantly, "I am not able to do what you do, yet. So, we need you way more than me. If I am sick for a day or two, we're good. If you are, not so much." then she held out her hand for the canteen. I handed it to her and she took a long drink before handing it back.

"You're some kind of woman," I said. "Braver than most I've known." I moved to her and hugged her. She held on and hugged back.

"I'm scared as hell," she finally said, "not brave at all. But I am not going to let this beat me. I will learn from you and be a partner instead of the weak link." then she pulled back. "In the meantime, I want you to think of me as the expendable one. Let me take the risks."

"I really can't do that with everything," I said. "I'm ex-military, though it was a long time ago, and quite frankly... you trigger my hind brain."

"What's that," she said.

"It is what we called our protection mechanism," I said, "there is a thing in men, a drive to protect and defend women. The more attractive the woman, the stronger the drive. The psyches said it was a survival mechanism tied to procreation. You are one hell of an attractive woman, and my hind brain is in full overdrive. Hell, I'm just short of throwing you down and taking you, right here and right now. It is only our tenuous situation that stops me." I looked at her and the drive was strong, but I pushed it down. "In the meantime, let's move again."

I rinsed off a banana leaf. Another week or two for the bananas, and wrapped the remaining half the meat I'd cooked in it and we started walking again, now angling up hill. It was almost dark when we arrived at the edge of the lake. It was perfect. At the far end was a cascading tumble, not quite a waterfall that fed the lake. There was a pebbled beach and a good possibility that there might be a cave in the face of the hill due to the erosion of the water and the volcanic nature of the island. But it was getting dark. Our arms and legs were burning from dragging the lifeboat with us, but we couldn't stop yet.

"Okay, you get wood first. I'll work on a pit." I said and started clearing an area and rounding up rocks. It didn't take long and she was there helping. I got the fire started, thank god for flint and steal, and I dragged a smallish log down then another to cover two approaches to the fire. She spitted the meat and warmed it up and I looked over at her as I anchored our one small blanket for us to lay on.

"It's ready," she said and waited for me. I came and sat down next to her and we leaned against one another as we ate. We drank bottled water and I glanced at her sideways. "Say it," she said and turned to look at me.

"I was appreciating the fact that it was you sitting there," I said. "I've camped with other girls. All they did is complain about what we didn't have. They didn't pitch in, just waited for me to do it all. And they didn't look half as good, in all their makeup, as you do without any, the grease from the meat glistening on your lips like a bit of lipstick and your eyes alight from the fire."

She blinked then leaned over and kissed me gently. "Thank you for that. And again, for saving my life. I... I've never been around a man like you. Strong, confident and capable. One of those, yes. I even dated a guy that was strong and confident, but he wasn't very capable. Now I find myself not knowing what to do. I've always been the one in charge, the one that sets the pace."

I looked at her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, "Shut up and kiss me," I said and she did. I pulled her to my lap and kissed her, as my grandfather would have said, well and soundly.

"Is this a good idea," she said when we came up for air.

"No, but I'm not going to stop," I said and she pulled off her bikini top.

"I didn't say stop," she said. I kissed her again, firm and forcefull and she clung to me, I slipped her shorts off and she impatiently slid off everything else she had on.

Girochen
Girochen
153 Followers