All Comments on 'Cara Steps Back In Time'

by Madabouthair

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
GymTeacherYouDeserveGymTeacherYouDeserveover 2 years ago

So excited to read your latest!!

Thoughts:

1. Have you considered (since you seem interested) in taking Miss Blount and making it your own? I wouldn't put this character with Cara as I think suspension of disbelief would ruin this. How about a student, or student teacher--kind of an extended Cara universe canon? Your dialogue is often hilarious and your butch characters are perfectly suited to this (and so are some of your male characters). If you've considered this, remember...take your time. Make it your own.

2. Cara in this story has some chemistry with Hannah that resonates. Could be the start of a "settling down" arc. You already know that PHYL is one of my favorite characters. I would be eager to see more of her. Again, this could be part of an extended universe in this franchise (God, I HATE talking like a damn Star Wars neckbeard!)

3. You're right with hesitating on a stripper arc for Cara. It doesn't fit. You exhibited enough surface knowledge on how libraries operate. Because of this, Cara as an educator in a professional setting works. To move her this drastically will destroy suspension of disbelief and take some of your readers out of the story.

4. GREAT descriptions. You spent your (normally) usual time talking about the pit and pubic hair. Again, pit hair or leg hair ain't really...my thang...but a woman's gotta have a thick bush. Nonna that bald pussy shit. Keep on truckin' there.

5. Have you considered "stitching" a few of your stories--not just the Cara ones--but a few of your other stories? What I mean by this is: Cannibalize some plot lines from previous ones in order to build a larger "novella" or "novel" sized story. The shorter stories become stand alones and/or a sub plot to the larger overall plot of a long story.

Thanks again for delivering another tale in the Cara saga. I love them all!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous