Caroline and Her Lovers Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled, turned and walked out of my office. I started looking through files and project proposals and just put my head down. I walked out of my office taking a short break, Stacie, our front desk receptionist, caught me as I was leaving the ladies room and asked if we would want the interview in the conference room or my office.

I elected the conference room in the event things went south, I could make a quick exit. She paused and looked at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Jordan spoke to me about working for you. I want you to know I would but my schedule doesn't allow it. I am confined to my schedule because of my children."

I nodded, she continued. "I just wanted you to know. I would love the opportunity. I just thought you should know."

I was confused and asked. "Children?"

She smiled and touched her stomach. "We are having twins Caroline." Stacie smiled wide as tears of joy filled her eyes.

I leaned forward and hugged her. "Well I for one wish you the best. I am blessed every day when I get home and see Harley Elizabeth and Hannah."

Truly my heart leaped for joy knowing if this is what she truly wanted, and then her dreams would come true.

"Would you just call when the candidate gets here?" She said she would.

I turned and walked away. I felt a sudden pang in my chest. I was getting a bit older. I knew I didn't want a child myself but I loved my daughters. They brought me such joy and happiness. I walked to the ladies room to check myself as I felt tears filling my eyes.

I walked back to my office having regained my composure and went back to work. It wasn't long later when my phone rang, it was Stacie. Lillian had arrived and was waiting in the conference room.

I gathered my things and made my way to the conference room. I opened the door to see that Annalise was already in the room and was speaking with Lillian. I wasn't able to really see her as Annalise was standing in front of her.

I cleared my throat and Annalise turned abruptly, still blocking my view of Lillian. "Hey, um, Caroline, do you mind? We need a moment, Lillian has a slight wardrobe problem, and I am assisting her with it."

I nodded as I walked out. I was firm and slightly upset and told Stacie to have Annalise come get me when she was ready. I made my way to the kitchenette and got a coffee.

I muttered to myself but then remembered how Annalise said she hadn't had the easiest life. I took a deep breath. Just as I exhaled, Annalise walked into the kitchenette. I looked up at her.

"I am sorry, I was rude. Is she okay now?" I asked. She nodded and grabbed a bottle of water for her and herself.

As we went to open the door to the conference room, Annalise touched my forearm and whispered. "Please remember she is trying, she is trying to get her life together." She semi smiled at me and opened the door.

In front of me stood a frail younger woman with longer reddish hair and the greenest eyes I have ever seen. She smiled and extended her hand to shake mine. She introduced herself.

"Miss Bell, ma'am. My name is Lillian Thompson and I am pleased for this chance."

Her hands were rough, her skin rough, chapped and cracked but there was a smile on her face and she looked me straight in the eyes. Her head was held high, she looked as determined as ever.

I introduced myself saying, "Lillian it is a pleasure to meet you but unlike someone else in this room, who doesn't listen, please call me Caroline. I am not old enough to be Miss Bell and I certainly am not ma'am. I am not your 'boss' yet and I do not like that term though someone uses it frequently." I joked.

Lillian was dressed in nice slacks and a sweater that looked extremely familiar. The blue sweater was nice but it didn't match her slacks as it should. I thought back to what Annalise said as we entered and dismissed the thought.

I sat as did Annalise and then Lillian. We chatted for a few moments. I noticed poise about her, there was something but I just couldn't grasp at it. There was a clear familiarity in her mannerisms. At one point she shifted in her chair and then froze. Her eyes opened wide and I could see the fear which covered her face.

"Lillian, I have one last question and then a comment." I set my hands flat on the table.

"My questions will likely cross the line in which Human Resources truly allows me to ask but what the hell. It seems something just happened with your clothing and I can see the fear in your face. How can I help?"

She dropped her head lower. I reacted a bit too harshly. "No, no young lady, don't you do that!" Her head snapped up. Annalise turned and looked at me.

"Not around me. Head up, eyes forward, pride beams from you. You work for me. Do you understand?"

I paused seeing the tears forming in her eyes. "I want you to start next week." I turned to Annalise. "Dip into petty cash, withdraw one hundred dollars, sign my name to it for "employee gift card"."

"Annalise, walk her to HR and let's get this thing moving." I turned and left the conference room. I was angry, not at Lillian but at the system and the man that abused her.

I slammed my office door and screamed at the top of my lungs, then broke into tears. Moments later there was a soft knock at my door. It opened slightly.

"Caroline, your meeting starts in ten minutes." It was Jordan. She closed the door leaving me to my peace and quiet.

I grabbed my cell phone and sent a text to Chloe. "Family meeting tonight at 6:30. Everyone needs to be there." I set it down and walked to the ladies room.

Sadly, I was in a miserable mood the remainder of the morning. There was a softer knock on my door just after my meeting, I looked at my wall lock, and it was just before 11:00. It was Ken and the HR Manager. I welcomed them in. There was a look of worry on the face of the HR Manager.

"I have concerns about Lillian." She spoke.

I looked at her and then Ken. "I don't." I looked at Ken again. "You wanted me to have an EA, I chose Lillian, just hire her."

The HR Manager cleared her throat. "Excuse me but we do not have a permanent address for her, the salary, taxes, medical, mail, we need an address, a home address Caroline."

I turned so they could not see me. I was ready to scream in frustration but remembered how El had me do breathing exercises. I turned, "Use my home address. She rents a room from me."

Ken raised his eyebrows. "What?" I asked, "Lillian rents my basement. She lives in my house." I looked at the HR Manager who stood there quietly then asked.

"Does she know this?"

I huffed in frustration. "I will go find her and tell her. Where is she?"

I walked downstairs to the HR office and closed the door. Lillian sat there with a sad look on her face.

"I don't have a home, a place to live. They told me that they can't..."

"Stop! Please just stop. You have a place to live; I just told them you rent a room from me. Tomorrow you move in with me. I just have to tell my family. I will tell them tonight. We will make all the arrangements."

The tears flowed and Lillian stood to hug me. I stopped her telling her not to do that here. Maybe outside of here but she wasn't to hug me in the office. "Ever."

Other than walking to the kitchenette for lunch, and the ladies room, I didn't leave my office. I left right at 5:30, my normal time.

***

I sat in my car waiting for a moment calming down. I saw the drapes move at the front door knowing what would happen if I didn't move. I gathered my stuff and made my way up the sidewalk. Chloe and Harley Elizabeth met me, each giving me a hug. As Chloe took my things I asked to see El in my bedroom. I needed her assistance.

I turned and walked up the steps and into my bedroom. I walked to the linen closet and grabbed the towels we use for massages. I laid them on the bed pushing the pillows to the side. I stripped naked and laid on them, waiting.

There was a soft knock at the door. "El dearest, I need your help please before a shower and dinner."

"Of course Miss I will be back shortly."

There was a second knock at the door. "Miss?" It was Angela, the door opened then closed quickly. "Miss, are you okay? We are all worried."

"I just need El, and then a shower then I will be down! Please Angela!!" I huffed.

She gasped, inhaling quickly. "No wait! Angela, I am sorry" I started crying, hard. "Hold Me please?"

And she did, I cried tears of sadness for Lillian and for the women at this shelter. What hell they must be going through. I screamed as she held me, I screamed loud but into the pillow so the children could not hear me. "How dare those bastards!" Then I cried.

"Miss, I am confused," she asked.

With the love from El and Bev, they helped me relax and both helped me shower. Bev was insistent on loving Me; I kissed her cheek forgoing her request for now. My heart was breaking. God to move Lillian into the basement, this could wreak havoc on our family. But I couldn't let her suffer.

I walked downstairs as the family sat for dinner, all seven of us. As our meal came to an end, I slowly explained about meeting Lillian and her situation. At least what I knew of it. How she was in an abusive marriage, but no longer. She lived in a women's shelter and needed a job, which I took care of but she needed somewhere to live.

"Miss?" Angela spoke up. "Have her move in with us. We all would be delighted. It will be a space crunch but Miss she needs You and us."

She reached over and took my hand. I nodded then Angela spoke. "No one disagrees do they?"

There were tears from all of My girls. It was unanimous; we just welcomed a new friend to our home.

It was frenzy, but a very coordinated frenzy after dinner. El ran almost all of it. She decided what would be moved from our downstairs fitness center to one of her six studios. She was barking orders and at one point looked at me and smiled.

"You are the most amazing woman ever. We all thrive because of up You Miss."

We all broke out in tears as Harley Elizabeth announced she would sleep with Hanna so 'Mommy Caroline's friend' had a bedroom. I bent down and hugged her.

"Maybe someday but not now my dear." I hugged her again and told her it was almost time for bed. I looked at Chloe and she was on the move one step ahead of me.

"I will take care of this Miss." Chloe spoke and as her normal; she was taking care of almost everything in our house.

I spoke next, "Girls, thank you. You all have no idea what this means to Me. No idea at all girls."

I turned and walked up the stairs fully aware we had somewhere safe for Lillian to live as well somewhere that was filled with love and comfort.

That next evening when I arrived at home, Chloe wasn't there to welcome me. I walked into the kitchen and heard laughing and cackling in the basement. I made my way down the steps to see Chloe and El laughing with Lillian.

I didn't say anything; I just tiptoed back up the stairs and let them go about getting Lillian settled.

***

The following Monday, Lillian rode to work with me. As we arrived Jordan stood in the main entrance. I introduced her to Jordan who then took Lillian by the hand and stole her away for a meeting with her and Margaret. It seemed the decision was made that Jordan and Margaret would train her 'properly'. I smiled walking back to my office starting my day.

That night as I packed to leave the office, Jordan brought Lillian back over to my office. She knocked on the open door.

"Caroline, I bring your mostly trained EA back to your comfort and care." She smiled. I looked at her. "Caroline, I ask one small favor though."

I looked up and joked. "What will this cost me?" She smiled.

Jordan turned to Lillian and whispered in her ear, and then Lillian spoke. "Caroline, you have a filled day tomorrow, you are to leave soon and rest, your meetings are..."

I watched as she looked at her tablet, "10, 11:15, 1:00 and 5:15." She looked back up at me.

I thought carefully, "Who scheduled a 5:15 meeting with me?" I inquired.

Jordan spoke up, "It is Lillian's meeting Caroline. It is your end of day meeting with your EA. You will discuss the next day's schedule on your way home; you will not work her to death as you do yourself." Jordan spun on her heels and walked out.

Lillian stood there, she went to speak and I smiled wide. "I see she has trained you correctly."

She nodded. "I am to advise her if you try to break me Miss."

My eyes shot up, "Lillian, never in here, never! That is in my home and only for those chosen women. Do you understand?"

She nodded. "If I may, Caroline, from my point of view, it is too informal for me to speak to you that way, but I will do my best."

She turned leaving my office gathering her belongings.

I was quite the entire ride home. As we arrived I walked up the sidewalk and was greeted by Chloe and Harley Elizabeth. I whispered to Chloe to have Angela come upstairs.

I climbed the stairs, entered my bedroom and stripped. I walked into the bathroom and started My shower. As I wished My hair, I heard a knock on the door, Angela stepped into the bathroom.

"She called Me Miss, and she did so in the office. You, as My lieutenant, will discuss that with her. If she needs reinforcements, the corner awaits her. Very similarly as it did you."

I rinsed my hair then looked at her. "We must be careful with her. She is still very vulnerable. She could crack at any time, over anything. Go see to that and send Beverly up here to see me."

Her eyes opened wide, "Yes Angela, I said Beverly. Do not think I misspoke." I continued with my shower.

I finished and stepped from the shower as Beverly entered the room. "Miss Caroline, you wanted to see me?"

"I will be dressed in a cotton camisole with a sleeping shirt and a pair of sleeping pants."

Her eyes widened slightly and hesitated. "Was I not clear and specific?"

"Yes Miss right away." She turned away gathering my clothing.

I dressed then walked downstairs where I relaxed with a cup of coffee in the sitting room. I finished my coffee and set my cup on the saucer. Almost instantly Chloe was in the room asking if I wanted another cup. I declined.

Ten minutes later Chloe came back letting me know dinner was ready. I joined the family, the other seven, Lillian included, in the dining room for dinner. As dinner was finished I explained that when the children went to bed, we would all talk. I stood and returned to the living room.

Angela appeared a few minutes later carrying a cup of tea; she placed it down in front of me. She turned and walked away then returned moments later.

"If you would allow me please, Miss." Angela asked, I nodded.

Lillian is a scared young woman who doesn't know where she fits in life. You have taken her under Your wing and she feels indebted to You and just wants to fit in." She took a sip of tea and continued.

"She isn't naive, she has heard and seen in her short five days living here and seeks Your understanding." Angela finished

"She cannot refer to Me as Miss outside of this home, she isn't Mine. She needs to learn her professional manners."

"Forgive this one, but how quick were we to learn? How often did Bev and I need reinforcement? Just love her Miss Caroline." Angela appealed to My sense of love and understanding. "I will speak with her."

"Ask Chloe to bring my small pillow and my small throw blanket, I have a chill." I said as I curled up on the couch.

I felt the soft kisses and heard Harley Elizabeth and Hannah going to bed. I wished them sweet dreams. A bit later, Chloe laid a larger blanket over Me. She kissed me and whispered in My ear that Lillian had also retired for the night.

I closed My eyes. "Good night My baby doll."

"Good night Miss." Chloe made her way up the stairs.

I heard the basement door open then close. I heard the pitter patter of slipper covered feet. I waited, I didn't hear the kitchen water run, I didn't hear the refrigerator open but then I heard a soft cough.

Lillian cleared her throat. "Please forgive me for causing this strife and consternation. I will move back into the shelter. I will resign from my role saving you the stress."

I tossed the blanket to the side and bolted up from the couch.

"Excuse me!" I screamed. "Lillian how dare you? I brought you into our home for a reason damn it!"

"Miss!" I heard in unison from the second floor, next I heard footsteps.

I continued, "Lillian you need us, we need you. I offered and extended love, shelter, and family. I just ask you to listen and learn, following the rules and our ways."

By this time all four were downstairs.

"Well Caroline you never laid out the rules for me in your house. The office is fucking easy but I do not know this place!" She screamed at me.

"Enough! Both of you. If you wake my daughter I will be very upset." Chloe chided both of us. There was an instant hush over the room. Chloe walked to the center of the room and continued.

"Miss Caroline I apologize and accept your punishment later, Lillian you owe not only Miss Caroline, all of us the respect due her and us, as your family. A family who opened their hearts, home and private lives to you for review and scrutiny."

She paused. "Miss, let's have Angela and Bev take you to bed, please. Lillian, you and I will sit here and talk things out, rules, do's, don't', and the ins and outs of this family, the house and the desires of our Miss."

Chloe looked at Me with hope and love in her eyes. I nodded.

Angela took my hand and walked with Me us the steps. The four of us curled up in bed. I laid there crying Angela, Bev, and El comforted Me. Exhaustion overtook Me somewhere around one o'clock.

***

For the next three days we rose and went to work. We were as professional as possible. There was a bit of anxiety but we made things work. On Thursday night as we got home I sat in the car for a few extra moments. I watched Lillian walk in the house but I didn't see Chloe at the door. It was then My cell phone vibrated.

'Miss, Your family is out and will only return home when You and Lillian figure this out. Angela.'

'Please come home, we both need you all and I need My family.' There wasn't a response.

I walked into the house, for the first time I wasn't greeted at the door. I was immediately sad and felt lonely. I placed my satchel, purse and coat in their respective places then walked to the kitchen.

No dinner was cooking, no places were set at the table, and there were no pitter patter of my daughters running through the house. I saw Lillian standing in the living room holding a piece of paper, she was crying.

"Miss Caroline, the note reads. 'Lillian, you were welcomed into Miss Caroline's home and ours. We wanted you here to have a second chance as I was given. The four of us ask for you and Miss Caroline to work through your troubles. We will be home when there is only peace, love, joy, and happiness."

We both sat in the living room and talked for the next ninety minutes. I listened to her fears, challenges, and concerns. Lillian in turn listened and understood.

My phone vibrated, the text was a simple question mark. I laughed and dialed Angela. As she answered both Lillian and I were in tears, tears of understanding. We asked them to come home.

We explained how We had worked out an understanding. The use of the word Miss stops at the parking lot at work. The use of Caroline stops as we leave the office parking lot.

As far as her service to Me, and sexual love, we agreed to a three month minimal waiting period. We will not consider anything, even dating for three months. And only then will My family consider it. As previously, there will be a unanimous decision and full agreement.

Lillian asked for that. Frankly, I felt nothing sexual for her, I just didn't.

***

Three months later