Carpe Diem Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Listen, I just wanted to say," he said, "I don't want this to be in any way awkward. Doing the whole spa thing together. I want you to know I think of you as a professional colleague. And a talented one at that."

She smiled.

"That's how I think of you, too," she said.

He smiled back.

"Good," he said. "I mean, seeing each other in our bathing suits doesn't have to change that."

"I agree," she said. "We shouldn't let it be a big thing."

He thought a moment.

"Maybe we should get it over with now. So it's not, like, this whole ... unveiling."

"You mean, just ... flash each other and then get past it."

"Exactly."

"Okay," she shrugged.

"So, should we just..." he asked.

She turned to face him.

"I'll count to three," she said.

They untied their belts and held their robes closed.

"One. Two. Three."

At the same time, they opened their robes wide.

Josh saw Amanda, standing in a model's pose, one foot slightly in front of the other, her breasts pouring out of her bikini top, her lower half almost entirely naked.

Amanda saw Josh, his chiseled upper body, washboard abs, and muscular arms. He was wearing mid-length, coral blue board shorts and was filling them out quite nicely.

After a couple seconds, they pulled their robes closed.

"There," he said. "Now we don't have to worry about it and we can go have a good time."

"Perfect."

As they walked down the hallway to the spa, however, Josh and Amanda's hearts were racing. Both had images of the other's near naked body seared in their minds' eye.

And what bodies they were.

"Two for the Roman/Irish spa ritual please," Josh said to the young woman behind the desk.

The Thermalbad Spa was located on the top floor of the hotel. The space reflected the old brewery architecture with arched doorways and rough brick walls. Ferns and recessed lighting made for a tranquil ambiance.

"That will be 72 Swiss Francs please," the woman said. Josh charged it to his room.

"Is there a masseuse available by chance?" Josh asked, signing his name on the receipt.

"Unfortunately, no," the woman replied, "They've all gone home for the day."

"Too bad," he said, "my back is killing me."

"Would you like to make a reservation for tomorrow?"

"That's okay," he said, "our schedule's pretty unpredictable after today. We'll let you know."

"Very good, sir."

The Roman/Irish Spa Ritual gave them access to an adults-only section of the spa which included a sequence of hot baths, steam baths, whirlpools, and the rooftop infinity pool.

Amanda and Josh entered a dressing area where the fragrance of sage filled the air. The attendant showed them where to hang their robes and where to enter to start their experience.

Amanda took off her robe and hung it on a hook. Josh did the same. He made a conscious effort not to stare at her near naked body.

"Your back hurts?" Amanda asked, as they walked towards the first bath.

"Yeah," he said, pressing his lower back. "Happens when I sit too long."

They stepped into the first bath. The water was medium hot and it felt wonderful. They submerged themselves in the velvety water and took a deep breath.

After several minutes, it was time to move to the next one. Amanda got out of the bath first. Josh followed and was treated to a view of her exquisite ass. He tried his best not to stare but it was so beautiful, he couldn't help it. At least he tried to be discreet about it.

He followed her to the Emerald Bath next. He stepped into the water quickly, so she wouldn't notice his lengthening cock.

In this pool, the water was even warmer and a deep green mosaic tile made for a lagoon-like effect. A waterfall cascaded into one end. Josh sat in the deep end while Amanda sat in the shallows nearer the waterfall. She was adjusting her hair and Josh was watching her.

She was sitting in waist-deep water, her back slightly arched, taking pins out of her auburn hair and holding them in her teeth, and rewrapping the tendrils on top of her head. Her elbows were raised which caused her breasts to lift.

Josh thought she looked like a goddess.

Her bikini top was wet now and clinging to her breasts, which were luscious and ripe. Her gorgeous back was arched like a parenthesis. Instead of settling down, Josh's cock was becoming even harder.

By the time they made it to the rooftop pool, Josh had taken to walking ahead of her in a desperate attempt to hide his hard-on. He dove into the rooftop pool ahead of her.

"Whoa!" he shouted as he surfaced. "It's cold!"

Sure enough, compared to the indoor thermal baths, the outdoor pool was quite chilly. Fortunately, there were several hot tubs nearby as well.

"I'm hitting the hot tub first," she said, sensibly, slipping into one with the best view of the sunset.

"Oh my God, Josh," she said. "You have to see this."

Josh was swimming in the pool, desperate for his boner to go down. Finally, after he felt it had subsided somewhat, he climbed out of the pool to join her. It was still semi-hard but at least it wasn't pointing straight up.

She was standing in the tub, admiring the fire-red sunset.

"Check out the view," she said. "I don't think I've ever seen a sunset like it."

She turned to face him just as he was stepping into the tub.

"I mean it's so big ... I mean, beautiful."

She was staring at the outline of his cock which extended halfway down his thigh.

Amanda's eyes got big and then she quickly averted them and looked back to the sunset.

"Isn't it something?" she gulped.

"Um, yeah," he said. "Great view."

"How was the pool?" she asked, embarrassed. She was still avoiding looking at him even though he was now submerged in the tub.

"Refreshing," he said. "You should try it. It feels amazing after the heat."

She turned away from him to get out of the tub.

"I think I will," she said, stepping out of the pool and staring straight ahead.

Again, he saw that wonderful ass of hers. And, again, his cock started to throb.

"Fuck," he thought to himself. "Get a hold of yourself, for crissakes."

Amanda jumped into the pool. She let out a shriek from the shock.

"It is cold!" she said.

"Told you," he said. "It'll wake you up, that's for sure."

Josh was happy to have her out of sight for a bit just to lessen his arousal. Amanda was floating on her back looking up at the sky.

Why am I embarrassed? He's the one who should be embarrassed. Just, be fearless. She took a deep breath and climbed out of the pool.

Striding back to the hot tub, the water streaming off her body, she looked radiant and confident. She was standing tall, with her shoulders back, feeling a bit like an Amazon. A semi-naked Amazon.

Josh watched her approach the tub, looking proud and self-assured. He thought he'd never seen anything more beautiful.

Her wet bikini was clinging tightly to her now, and because the water was chilly, it had caused her nipples to stand up. Way up. They were pressing against the fabric like ripe grapes.

Josh's cock didn't have a chance. He was at full staff once again.

"I guess our suits don't leave much to the imagination," she said, stepping into the water.

"No," he said. "I'm glad we inoculated ourselves earlier."

"Yikes, that feels hot!" she said, slowly getting into the water. "It's good though."

Amanda was standing in the tub now, swirling the water with her hands. Her breasts looked ready to burst out of her bikini, her nipples were begging for attention.

She raised her arms and lay her forearms on her head, causing her breasts to rise up.

"God, this feels wonderful," she said.

She closed her eyes and slowly twisted her body back and forth, her arms on her head. The heat on her lower body, the cool air on her upper body, the feeling of being unencumbered by clothing -- it was all a sensory delight.

Josh just watched her, transfixed by her beauty.

She bent her knees to submerge herself up to her neck and then stood back up again. The water streamed off her breasts.

It took every ounce of willpower for Josh not to scoop her up in his arms. Or at least to ask her if he could.

Amanda waded over to the edge of the tub and pulled herself out of the water. She sat on the edge, leaning back on her arms, her long legs extended gracefully. She was looking at the sunset, lost in thought.

The light from the setting sun was casting her in a golden glow. Josh sat back and marveled at the beauty. The skyline with a backdrop of orange-red streaks as if in a painting. The beguiling creature right in front of him. So smart, so capable, and oh so very beautiful. Her nearly naked body, her gorgeous face.

He wanted her so much it hurt.

Josh started feeling a little overheated himself. Maybe he should sit outside the tub like her. But his damned cock. It wasn't showing any signs of subsiding. He adjusted himself to make it as unobvious as he could.

He boosted his muscular body out of the tub and turned to sit on the opposite edge of the tub. The steam emanated from his skin, wafting into the cool evening air.

His cock was lying to one side, long and thick. He stared at the sunset and tried to not think about it.

Amanda looked over at him. He had the body of an athlete. Broad shoulders, well-defined chest, narrow waist. She looked at his muscular arms and legs. He looked he got his build from living in the world, not pumping iron in a gym. It was the kind of body she was most attracted to.

Then she looked down at his trunks. She held her gaze for a couple of seconds, then looked back at his face.

He was looking back at her. Without shame. Without artifice. Just a sincere expression. This is the reality of how you affect me.

She gave a half smile. Then she turned and faced him, dangling her legs in the water, her knees slightly apart.

The black straps of her thong led to the small patch that covered her sex. Josh swore he could see the outlines of her pussy lips.

He looked back at her face. She lowered her gaze, her eyes fixed on his. She was unapologetic, unashamed.

The fact that steam was emanating from both their bodies seemed appropriate, Josh thought. It reflected how each perceived the other.

"How's your back feeling?" she asked in a soft voice.

"Stiff," he said, though he was also thinking of another stiffness.

"Do you want me to rub it?" she asked, eyebrows arched.

"That's nice of you," he said. "I don't know if it'll do any good. It's been stiff since the plane."

"I don't know," she said. "I've been told I'm pretty good at it. I put my whole body into it."

"Is that right?" Josh said. "Sure, I'll take a little rub."

She smiled a winsome smile and got to her feet.

"Let's see what Dr. Butterfield can do."

She knelt behind him. He leaned forward, wrapping his arms around his knees.

She started to knead his shoulders -- his strong, muscular shoulders.

"You're in good shape," she said. "Go to the gym a lot?"

"Some," he said. "But mostly I surf. Whenever I can get away from work."

A surfer, she thought. No wonder his arms are so developed. All that paddling.

"I love the ocean too," she said. "I'm a snorkeler."

"Really? Me too. Where 'bouts do you go?"

"All over. Last year, I went to Kauai. Before that, Cozumel."

"Two great diving spots. You've got good taste."

She slowly worked her way down his back, using her thumbs to separate and knead his muscles.

"I love Kauai," he said softly. "The simplicity. The pace. Being so close to nature. I could see spending a lot of time there."

"You mean live there?"

"Or buy a place to stay part of the year. Like a surfer's shack. Really simple. Open air. With a view out on the sea."

"Sounds like heaven to me," she said.

He laid his cheek against his knees.

"I'm planning a trip to Costa Rica. After the launch. They've got this eco-tourism place where you actually sleep in a treehouse. It's open to the ocean. You fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the waves."

"That would be so cool," she said.

She was sitting right behind him now, working his lower back.

"I love falling asleep to the sound of the ocean," he said. "The slow, steady rhythm of the waves. It's so peaceful. I find it centering."

"Sounds magical," she murmured.

"There's something about the ocean that touches you deep inside. You know what I mean? For me, anyway."

"I feel the exact same way," she said.

"Yeah?" he asked, glancing over his shoulder.

"Oh yeah," she said. "I love the ocean. It's my happy place. Being in nature. Wearing next to nothing. I love that."

He was breathing deeply now, relaxed.

"You know what I love more than anything?" he asked, his voice sounding far away. "Making love to the sound of the waves. Slowly ... Rhythmically ... Have you done that?"

She was rubbing the sides of his torso, losing herself in his words.

"No," she said, breathily. "But I'd like to."

"It's like a hypnotic state, you just go with it. Floating. Losing yourself in the pleasure."

Her hands were feeling his abs now, his washboard abs.

"And then, when a set comes in, and the waves really start to roll. You start to roll too."

"Yeah, I'd like that," she gasped.

"And when the big waves start to crash. Over and over. And they get really loud. Then you get loud too."

Her hands were on his chest now, feeling his muscles.

"I love getting loud," she whispered.

"And you cum together. Like waves crashing. Again. And again. You become one. With nature. And with each other."

She pressed herself against his back, embracing him with her arms.

"God, I want that. So much."

He lay his arm across hers, tenderly. Her breasts felt wonderful against his back.

"Yeah? You want that too?"

"You don't know," she said. "I fantasize about living on the beach. Barefoot and in a bikini. Or, better yet -- wearing nothing at all."

"Do you have someone you want to share that with?" he asked.

She knew this was getting way personal. Still, she lay her head against his back.

"Not a specific person," she said. "I thought I did, but it didn't work out. I want to share it with someone though. Someday. How 'bout you?"

He shook his head.

"Not yet," he said. "Someday I'll find her. I want it to be someone who shares my values. Who wants the same things I want."

"Like making love to the sound of the ocean?" she asked, wryly.

"Yeah, that and other things. I want to travel. I want to try to make the world a better place. More sustainable. And, eventually, I want to have a family."

Amanda couldn't help but imagine Josh and herself sharing that life. Those were the same things she wanted. Living near the ocean. Making love to the sounds of the crashing waves. Living a worthwhile life. Raising children.

But she couldn't bring herself to say any of that to him.

"How's your back feeling?" she said, simply.

"Better. Thank you. You're really good at that."

"Well, if you were lying down, I could give you proper massage."

He couldn't tell if that was an excuse or an offer.

"I'd be up for that," he said. "If you are."

She processed this for a second.

"OK," she said. "If it'll help you feel better. Sure."

"OK," he said. "Why don't we head back. It's getting dark."

They stood up and walked back to the spa in silence. The moment felt freighted, like they were taking a step. Moving to another level.

After showering in the spa, in gender-specific areas, they walked back to Josh's room. They were both in their white robes and carrying their wet swimsuits.

"You look great in that by the way," he said gesturing to her suit. "You could be a swimsuit model."

"Thanks," she said. "So could you."

He looked at her knowingly. She didn't want to be discounted because of her looks. He wanted her to know he thought much more highly of her than that.

"But we've both got bigger mountains to climb," he offered.

"That's right," she replied.

Opening the door to his suite, Josh knew this was a charged situation. They'd seen each other nearly naked. Their attraction to each other was evident. Their bodies had touched. Now, they were in an elegant hotel room in a foreign land wearing robes over their naked bodies.

He knew they need to address this situation but he was unsure exactly how.

"We can order some room service if you want," he said, dancing around the subject. "If you're hungry."

"I could eat," she said. "I haven't had anything since the plane."

He found a menu on the bureau and handed it to her.

"Why don't you pick out a few things for us to share. I don't eat red meat, but I eat everything else. A salad of some kind sounds good."

"That works for me," she said, leafing through the menu. "I'm not a red meat person either."

"We have a lot in common," he said, cocking his head. "Makes it nice when you're traveling together."

"How about some crudités to start, some nigiri, a couple of salads, maybe some fresh fruit. And some ice cream to share," she said.

"Sounds like a plan," he said, admiring her take-charge efficiency.

She ordered the food with room service while he put on some soft R+B.

He did a forward fold to try and stretch his back out.

"How's your back feeling?" she asked when she hung up the phone.

"Not great," he said. "I get this pain in my lower back when sit for too long."

"Eleven hour flights can't be good for it," she said, sympathetically. "Why don't you lie down and I'll see what I can do."

"Really?" he said, "You don't have to do this, you know."

"I'm happy to," she said, "We have a big day tomorrow and you need to get a good night's sleep. Besides, I have some experience with therapeutic massage. I took some classes in college."

"Oh yeah?" he said. "Well then, by all means. I accept."

"OK, she said, taking charge. "Why don't you lie down so I can work on your lower body."

"My lower body?" he asked. "But it's my back that hurts.".

"Which is often caused by tightness in the hamstrings," she explained, heading into the bathroom. "It's all connected."

"I didn't know that," he said.

She came out with a bath towel and holding a jar.

"Look what I found. Massage oil. This is the good stuff too -- coconut and almond oil. Here, you can cover yourself with this."

She tossed the towel to him.

"Where do you want me? Right here on the bed?" he asked.

"Yep, I'm going to warm this up in the sink," she said returning to the bathroom. "Just lose the robe and cover yourself with the towel."

Josh pushed the pillows aside. Then he took off his robe and lay face down on the bed, draping the towel over his bare ass.

Amanda ran hot water over the bottle of massage oil. She stood at the sink, looking at her change of clothes hanging on the drying rack. She could change back into those clothes, but she didn't want to get oil on them. And her bikini was still wet. She decided to just keep wearing the robe.

When she came back in the room, she was sniffing from the bottle. "This stuff's got a nice musky scent too."

She looked at Josh laying on the stripped bed, his dark curly hair and tanned skin stark against the coverlet. His arms and legs were long and well-developed, his back muscular.

"I'm going to use some Swedish techniques, maybe a little craniosacral therapy," she said. "Do you know what that is?"

"No."

"It focuses on the connective tissue, or fascia. I'll use a light touch to encourage your muscles and organs to release. It promotes deep relaxation."

"Sounds great," he murmured.

"Let's see, the music's good, not too loud" she said surveying the scene. "Low lighting would be better. Do you mind if I turn this light off?"

"No, I don't mind," he said.

She reached over the turned off the light above the bed. A soft light from the entryway softly illuminated the bed.