All Comments on 'Casting Off Convention'

by Darkniciad

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I love Scifi when it's done right

This one is done right. Lots of sword play, lots of enemies and battles, magic and spell casting. Fantastic, I hope you write another episode of this one.

deathlynxdeathlynxover 17 years ago
A brilliant blend...

This story is a brilliant blend of 'action' and adventure...Both your fight and love scenes are well written and dynamic...In addition you manage to keep the energetic drive through some of the slower points with suggestive anticipation...

The only constructive criticism is that some of the "walking" scenes are a little slow but that's unavoidable at times...

bowlerhatbowlerhatabout 12 years ago
excellent

A good story that moved along well and left plenty of loose ends that could be expanded on

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
An enjoyable read

I was browsing through the SciFi & Fantasy authors when your username caught my attention. I'm glad I chose to read "Casting off Convention" before any of your other submissions. It really gives me the flavor of your writing style, which I enjoy. I tend to get frustrated with male authors writing from the perspective of a female character, but I didn't experience any of those feelings while reading through this story. I like the fact that you have an actual plot and development, as well as steamy love scenes. Also, I really appreciate the fact that you have an editor to catch obvious typos and spelling errors. Really, it means a lot to me as a reader. I will definitely start reading through your other story lines over the next few days. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Woot go sellswords!

Love the way you tell all of your sellsword stories. Started by reading your merchant princess stories and I look forward to reading all of your work before long. keep up the good work. :D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Well written, with all the right ‘swords and sorcery’ elements. I did have one credibility issue with your story, though.

The vision of women warriors— sellswords— shaving their legs and pubic hair is bizarre. American women only started shaving their legs in the mid-20th century (and Europeans, Asians and Africans much later, if at all). Shaving pubic hair only started to become a thing in the late ‘80s/‘90s— earlier, if you found the woman you were with had a shaved crotch, your first thought would be “She has lice!!!”. A man who admitted preferring his women shaved would be suspected of pedophilia.

[This was true to the degree that in the 18th Century, women could buy merkins—pubic hair wigs— if their own hair had thinned or grayed! Incidentally, if you plug “merkin” into google, you’ll find lots of companies still making and selling them!]

I just wish that you’d gotten your protagonists into bed together by some other means— once they were there, you treated their mutual lust very well indeed!

ausvirgoausvirgoalmost 3 years ago

Loved the story.

This is the sort of erotic story I like - a real quality story, plus good sex!

I'm working my way through those of your stories I haven't read, in chronological order, and hoping for more since you've gone to the trouble of including history in the timeline that's not yet in a story.

Give my regards to your editors. They must be good, else I would probably have noticed errors.

ausvirgoausvirgoalmost 3 years ago

This comment's just in response to Anonymous's credibility issue with the women shaving their legs and pubic hair.

Is it so much harder to believe in "women warriors— sellswords— shaving their legs and pubic hair" than in magic and Orks?

Not only is Darkniciad's world not our world, but there are cultures in our world where shaving or otherwise removing the pubic hair has been the norm for much longer than in the USA, so it shouldn't be so difficult to believe that a world with magic and Orks might not have women following the same cultural timeline as in our western world.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous