Casus Belli Ch. 01: Prelude to War

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He smiled, "I will, cross my heart and hope to die..."

It made her laugh, and she felt herself relax, "Okay, now promise me we are going to win this war..."

Movement at the end of the hallway drew their attention, it was the Drak. He grinned, "I should have known what kept you. Oh to be young and in love again..."

Brando nodded at the Drak, then locked eyes with her again, "I'll have to go now honey, to win that war for you..."

She melted into him, and their lips met with unbridled passion. They kissed deeply, desperately, for what felt like an eternity. It probably was an eternity, because the Drak cleared his throat at some point, making Brando disengage. Her need for him was excruciating now, and she knew it was to be denied. Her eyes moistened, and tears started to run down her cheeks, as she cried softly. Brando pulled her close for a last time, "I'll be back soon, honey. We still have a wedding to plan for the solstice, remember? I can't miss out on that..."

She wiped her cheeks, then let go of him, and locked eyes with the Drak, "You take care of him for me, you hear. Bring him back to me with all pieces still attached. Or else..."

The Drak grinned, "You wish is my command, your highness."

She watched Brando walk over to him, her betrothed winked at her, "Don't worry honey, no one has as much to live for as I have. I'll come back for you..."

With that both men turned and walked away, their footsteps reverberating through the stone hallway. Once they had moved out of sight Cassandra turned and ran towards her chambers, to that private sanctum where no one but her maidens would witness her cry.

*** To be Continued ***