Casus Belli Ch. 03: Road to Ruin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her junior maiden whispered softly, "A long time, I didn't dare come in at first. I was building up courage, and then I noticed you were crying..."

She pulled her closer, and as Polly's face touched her shoulder she felt the wetness through her nightgown. "Together we are strong," she whispered, "together we won't cry." Polly's arm slipped around her, and the smaller girl pulled herself against her. "We really can't do this," she said, "So this is only for tonight, okay?"

Polly sighed, "Yes milady."

She felt her relax against her, and as a result she managed to relax herself too. She wasn't alone in her hurt, the wonderful little angel molding herself against her shared her pain. Emotionally drained she sunk away in the warmth Polly offered, her breathing quickly got shallower as sleep mercifully claimed her.

Free Fall

Cassandra woke to a soft chuckling. When she opened her eyes she found Denora smiling down at her. For a moment she wondered what the reason for her senior maiden's amusement was, and then she became aware of the warm body spooning her from behind. "I should have known," Denora whispered, "I noticed how emotional she was, and Polly being Polly..."

She nodded slowly, "Yes, and we both needed it, so I let her, but just for once." She sighed, "She told me what my father did for her, did you know?"

Denora nodded, "Yes, she told me, shortly after she joined us. The other maidens don't know I think." She smiled softly, "I love all my fellow maidens, they're like sisters, but Polly's something special. Maybe it's just because she's the youngest, I don't know." Her senior maiden locked eyes with her, "Your father did good by endorsing her, and so did you by choosing her."

She felt some movement behind her, and then frantic action as Polly suddenly sat herself up, gasping loudly. "Yeah," Denora chuckled, looking behind her, "busted!"

She turned halfway around, Polly's eyes were wide open. She hugged her junior maiden close, "Thanks for the support 'officer of the watch', but I'm afraid you're being relieved."

Denora's voice sounded from behind her, "The other maidens aren't up yet, so if you want your little indiscretion to stay secret you'd better get your butt moving."

Cassandra let go of her, "Thanks Polly, for being there for me, I won't forget." The petite blonde smiled, then suddenly leaned in and pecked her on the nose, before moving back off the bed. Denora chuckled again as Polly hurried out of the bedroom. She locked eyes with her senior maiden, "Against all expectations I slept well," she looked away at the doors Polly just vanished through, "I didn't know how fond she was of my father. Sharing the hurt with someone who loved him too really helped."

Denora nodded, "Your father was a good man, and a great Kang, and he will be sorely missed, especially at a time like this." The girl hesitated, "He leaves awfully big shoes to fill..., but I'm convinced you'll manage just fine milady."

Cassandra blushed, "Thank you Denora. Your support means a lot to me, as does the support from the rest of my maidens."

Her senior maiden beamed, "Am I correct in assuming that the next council meeting won't take place before noon?" Cassandra nodded affirmatively. "Would you like us to give you a nice bath after breakfast? Your maidens all feel the need to spoil you a bit..."

A soft moan escaped her, "That would be great Denora, I could really use the distraction..."

***

By the time she managed to get out of bed Vala and Leavy had arrived, but with a bath in the planning they just brushed her hair and helped her into a dressing gown. She had a quick breakfast in her quarter's dining room, and then it was back to her private chambers, and to the bathroom. Denora and Vala led her there, and when she entered she ran into Moiga's smiling face; it was she who had gotten the bath ready. The bathroom actually held two bathtubs, a normal one, and a really big one that could hold more people. The latter was largely sunk into the floor, elliptical, and measured some sixteen by twelve feet. It was encased in dark Tarkan wood, and already filled with steaming Angkor flower scented water.

Leavy closed the door behind them while Denora and Vala started to undress. Her maidens were just wearing dressing gowns over their night gowns too, so undressing didn't take them long. She watched them hanging their gowns away on the row of clothing hooks on the wall. Both girls were as slender and well-formed as she herself. The major difference between them was that Denora had dark auburn tresses, while Vala was a true redhead, and Vala's bust of course. Denora had large breasts too, about the same size as her own, but Vala's were truly huge. Moiga joined her fellow maidens, hanging up her gowns too. Her hair was a rich mahogany brown, and she was more slender in her hips and bust than Denora and she herself, but a stunningly beautiful girl nevertheless.

The three maidens closed on her, a naughty twinkle in their eyes. All three of them were light skinned, just like she herself, but while Moiga and Denora shared her own creamy white Vala was much lighter colored, with freckles covering everything that regularly saw sunlight. Cassandra giggled when they started to undress her, and soon she was as naked as they were. And then it was off into the enticing bath. She checked the water temperature with her toes before stepping in, it was hot, at the limit of what was still manageable, just the way she liked it. She smiled at Moiga, then stepped into the tub. It felt so good, and she moaned softly as she lowered herself into the welcoming water.

Her maidens stepped in after her, with Denora and Moiga lowering themselves to both sides of her, while Vala picked up a flask from the opposite edge of the tub. The first two held her up by her upper arms, while the latter knelt behind her and started washing her hair. She closed her eyes as Vala's fingers massaged her scalp, working up a nice lather in no time. The smell of Angkor intensified, but this time with a spicy hint of Bokando. She moaned softly as Vala gently washed her hair, floating in the warmth, both of the water and the gentle care of her maidens. Vala was finished way to quickly, and she almost protested as she started to rinse. She heard a door open and opened her eyes, just in time to witness her other three maidens come in.

They began to undress, and she addressed them, "There's no one at the reception room?"

It was Leavy, the eldest of the three that just entered, who responded, "We informed the guards, and then we locked the doors."

"When someone important arrives we'll hear the trumpets announce it," Syldan added.

"In which case I'll go and check," Polly concluded.

"Just relax," Denora whispered into her ear.

Leavy was the first to join them, her ash blonde tresses as rare as Vala's red. Leavy was otherwise just a bit more slender than she herself was, and she had impossibly long legs. Leavy lowered herself into the still steaming water with a luscious groan. Next was Syldan, the raven haired beauty with the same warm beige skin tone as blonde Polly, who stepped into the bath last. Syldan was shaped like Leavy, just without those impossibly long legs, but Polly was petite in all respects. She wasn't flat chested, her breasts were just small, but perfectly shaped, and they fitted her small frame absolutely perfectly. The petite blonde put her hands on her breasts as she lowered herself into the water. She smiled at her, "Oh Polly, when will you learn what a beautiful girl you are?"

The other girls reflected her sentiments, and Denora grinned, "When I was in the kitchen this morning I overheard a couple of kitchen boys discussing this little blonde maiden they noticed nicking some grilled chicken the day before. Repeating to you what they said would get you wet... You little seductress."

Polly blushed a fierce crimson, and all the girls laughed softly at her discomfort. She reached out and stroked her blonde curls, "Really Polly, you would be a catch for any man. Stop being so insecure about your looks, you're gorgeous. She lowered her hand, stroked Polly's, which were still covering her chest. "And those fit you perfectly, even a real 'breasts man' would drool over them."

Polly slowly lowered her hands, and she could just see the petite blonde's confidence growing. Denora smiled at the girl, "Should I point them out to you? Those two admirers."

Moiga chuckled, "Two kitchen boys? There's already a rather handsome major somewhere out there who has the hots for her..."

Polly whimpered, "Ooh, you're all just making fun of me again..."

Cassandra shook her head, "I don't know about those kitchen boys, but that major... Let me assure you he's yours for the picking, should you want him."

Leavy chuckled, "And that's coming from an experienced woman..."

***

A couple of the girls gasped, and Leavy blanched. Cassandra smiled, "No, it's alright, I want you girls to be open about these matters when we are intimate like this." She blushed next, "Leavy is right, I might still be a virgin, but I've been having sex with a man for over half a year by now."

Polly's voice sounded timidly, "How can you still be a virgin after having had sex with Brando for all that time?"

Denora smiled, "There's more ways to satisfy a man Polly, and to be satisfied by one."

The petite blonde glanced at Moiga, who looked down. "No," Cassandra answered her unasked question. "Me and Brando, we aren't having sex like that. We just use our hands and mouths on each other." She hesitated for a moment, "I did offer him to take me like that, a short while back, but he didn't want to take me that way, because he was afraid he would hurt me. She blushed as she confessed it.

A short silence fell, and then a hand caressed her wet hair. Denora's voice sounded softly, "He really loves you, milady. But it doesn't have to hurt, at least not after the first time, the first time it'll always hurt a bit. With the right man, and the right preparations, it can be quite pleasurable." Her voice dropped an octave, "What happened to Moiga... The fact he forced himself upon her was because Marecomb was an inconsiderate ass, only interested in his own pleasure. That's why he hurt her the way he did."

Cassandra swallowed, "Anyway, I was inexperienced when I first went to bed with Brando, but he wasn't, and it came all rather naturally. Love does that for you." She glanced at Denora, who blushed, "And I got some really good advice before Brando's last visit. Last time was terrific."

The girls looked at each other, and then Moiga leaned forward towards her, "We know," she whispered, "We heard."

She hadn't realized they had been that loud, and she felt embarrassed. "Don't," Syldan said, "no one else did. Just us." She smiled, "And we were only happy for you."

Polly's voice sounded confused, "Why aren't you having normal sex with Brando, the two of you are going to be wed at the solstice anyway."

She sighed, "Something could happen to Brando Polly, especially now that we are at war." A soft whimper escaped her, "Should I find myself in need of finding another man to marry, that man will expect to find a virgin in his bed at his wedding night..."

Polly was kneeling next to where her legs were floating in the close to two feet deep water, the girl reached out and touched the top of her thigh, "I'm sorry milady, I didn't want to add to your worries."

She smiled at her youngest maiden. "Don't worry Polly, I know you didn't mean to."

Denora's voice sounded softly, "Don't worry too much, it won't make a difference anyway." She picked up a washcloth and a bar of soap from the edge of the tub, "The water isn't getting any warmer... So we better get on with it..."

There were enough washcloths to equip all her maidens, and she giggled softly as six pairs of hands started to work on her, washing her from tip to toe, it felt heavenly. When they were finished with her Denora rose her eyebrows, looking at her questioningly. She smiled, "Yes, off course, get yourselves clean too."

The girls didn't start washing themselves though, they started washing each other. At some point she noticed Polly grab a flask with shampoo, and look around for someone to wash her hair for her. She gestured at her and Polly moved closer, looking questioningly. She just grabbed her upper arm and pulled her closer. Polly ended up between her legs, with her back towards her. It was only when she took the flask from her hand that the petite blonde grasped what she was going to do. She started protesting immediately, "Milady! You don't have to..."

She shushed her, "Are you now going to tell a soon to be crowned Kangess what she can and can't do?"

Polly just shook her head, and she started washing the girl's soft blonde hair, soon her other maidens stopped scrubbing each other down and were looking at her with big eyes. She handed Denora the flask with a wink, "Go on, wash each other's hair, someone told me the water wasn't going to get any warmer..."

Denora smiled warmly, and then turned and pulled Vala towards her, just like she herself had done with Polly. Fifteen minutes later everything and everyone was spanking clean. She watched Leavy and Syldan get out of the bath first, and dry each other off next to it. Then Vala and Moiga got out, and Syldan and Leavy started drying the two of them off. That's when Denora addressed her, "Do you need a depilation milady?" She felt herself, and shook her head, "No, I'm still smooth." Denora and Polly got out of the bath, and got dried off too, and then it was her turn. Six eager maidens rubbing her dry with soft towels, her skin was glowing by the time they all agreed she was dry.

Wrapped in their bathrobes they returned to her bedchamber, and there her maidens got her into a sober black dress. She chose not to wear any jewelry, nor any make up, with it. It was ten thirty by the time they were finished, and she remembered that, shocked by her father's death as she was, she hadn't set a time for today's council meeting before leaving the previous evening. All the councilors had an office on the first floor of the keep though, so she decided to go down to the first floor and personally remedy the situation. She chose Denora and Moiga to escort her down, but after leaving her private chambers, and while walking down her quarters hallway, she found the entire council already gathered in her own conference rooms.

***

Cassandra entered surprised, and the whole council rose as she did, and then they all knelt before her. She gestured at them to rise, "Please gentlemen, as you were."

The men rose as one, and then it was Burgon Goban of Internal Security who took the floor, "We'll have to arrange for your crowning, your highness, as soon as possible. If we send the couriers out now, to inform the nobles, the ceremony could take place a week from now."

She shrugged, "A week from now there might not be a country to rule anymore... We have other priorities."

The man gave her a stubborn look, "With all respect, your highness, but the law demands for it."

She sighed, "Alright, send out the couriers to warn the nobles then. But there won't be any festivities, just a ceremony. We are at war, and in mourning, so we're going to keep this as sober as possible."

The Burgon nodded his understanding, "Of course you highness."

She addressed Marecomb next, "Have any additional militia arrived at the barracks yet?"

Marecomb nodded, "Yes, your highness. Two platoons arrived from Bulness and one from Lemos in the south west. Another two came from Roha and Bornum in the south. From the south east came one platoon, from Soudra. Three platoons arrived from Valdon in the east. And last but not least another two platoons arrived from Kurgun in the north east. The cities to the north and north west got cut off of course, they probably did send troops too, and if they did those troops are probably in contact with the orc's rearguard."

He shrugged, "So as is we have eleven platoons in reserve at the Iriskan barracks again, that's about a thousand fighting men. Beware though that these aren't first rate troops, they are second rate at best, and they probably represent the last reinforcements we are going to get. The only uncommitted combat units otherwise remaining are the garrisons of Rogin, Bulness, Roha, Bornum, and Soudra, but those are guarding the inroads from Mercandon and Loras, so we can't pull those without rolling out the red carpet for the Mercandon an Loras armies."

She nodded, and then addressed Burgon Magwick, "I know the score regarding Mercandon, but is there any chance we could ask the Lorasians for help?"

The Burgon slowly shook his head, "No, not a chance. And I strongly advise against even trying. The moment they expect weakness they'll become the dagger in our back."

She nodded her understanding, then looked at Marecomb again, "Send those thousand men up the road to the Seven Pints; let's give Kiran all the support we can." Marecomb nodded his agreement. "And start mobilizing the city's able bodied men, as many as we still have weapons for in the armories. If Kiran's troops fail to stop the orcs we might need them to man Iriskan's walls." Marecomb's face darkened. "Yeah," she added, let's hope it won't come to that."

"Yes, your highness, consider it done," the general answered.

He saluted her next, which felt weird somehow, and then he turned and left. She spent the next half hour discussing the defense of the capital. With the city being situated on both sides of the Amunda a proper siege of Iriskan, luckily, wouldn't be possible without the orcs crossing the river somewhere. To the east the closest crossing was the bridge at Lagrono, but that was a three day march to the south east from Bagman's Crossing, and from there another six days west to Iriskan. So there was no immediate danger from that. Her thoughts shifted to Brando: everything now depended on him coming to the rescue in time...

***

Returning to her chambers with Denora and Moiga in tow Cassandra found Vala and Syldan behind the desk of the reception room. Both maidens looked up as they entered, she looked at Syldan, "Could you join me in the training room in, say, fifteen minutes?"

The maiden grinned, "As you wish.., milady."

Denora and Moiga followed her to her bedroom to help her change. By the time Denora got her out of her clothes Moiga had returned from the wardrobe with her Krujac gear. She had been trained from the age of six, by old Fredoman, until he retired himself some four years ago. At that point first her father and then Syldan had taken over, but lately, with the orc problem taking all their attention, training had suffered. Her maidens got her into her protective gear first; her knee, groin, and chest protection. Once they had laced all the hardened leather pieces up they helped her into her two part suit, a jacket and trousers made from heavy dark red cotton.

She closed the jacket's left panel over the right one while Moiga placed the heavy cotton sash around her from behind. Denora pulled the black sash tight, before putting a knot in it. "Are you going to kick her butt this time..., milady." she grinned.

Cassandra chuckled. Syldan was two years her junior, but she hailed from a family of Krujac masters, and her father trained her from the moment she could walk. She also trained hours per day, instead of hours per week, like she herself had. As a result Syldan was a fourth grade Krujac master, which happened to be three grades above her own first grade. Cassandra had no doubt she would best Syldan with a sword, but at unarmed combat? Not a chance. "It's not smart to make fun of your sovereign...," she answered, grinning.