Casus Belli Ch. 03: Road to Ruin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're awake?" Brando's voice sounded softly behind her.

She nodded, "Yes..., what time is it?"

She felt him move behind her, as he turned his head towards the wall mounted chronometer, "It's close to two."

It was dark outside, it took a moment to register; two in the night... She tried to sit up, but he held her down. "You can't be here!" she exclaimed.

He chuckled softly behind her, "I'm going nowhere tonight honey. Like it or not. It isn't negotiable." She glanced at the summoning rope hanging besides the headboard. Another chuckle resulted, "You would just wake them," he whispered into her ear. "They aren't going to help you kick me out, they're in on it. Actually, when I asked them if it would be okay for me to stay they, as in all of them, told me that if I would dare to leave I wasn't worthy of you and they would make sure you married someone else. I think they were just kidding me, but they looked damn serious nevertheless."

Cassandra moaned softly, "I really needed this, didn't I?"

Brando's voice sounded softly, "Yes, you did. I realized the moment I got the message your father had been killed. That's why I left the army to its own devices, and hurried back to Iriskan, the moment I could justify doing so. I knew how much your father meant to you..., but Denora didn't realize." He nuzzled her hair, "The poor girl's blaming herself. I think she'll need some reassurance, and a couple of hugs from you, to fix it."

She swallowed, "It wasn't her fault, I didn't even realize myself until you returned, and it hit me like an avalanche." She turned herself in his arms, until she could lock eyes with him, "Thanks for everything, including looking out for Denora." She was on her back now, and let her hand slip down his front, over the flannel night shirt he was wearing, until she could feel the warmth of his cock beneath it. She swallowed, "Would you like to have sex?"

He shook his head, and smiled softly, "No, not while you're still recovering honey. I just want to hold you, if you don't mind..."

She turned further on to her side, facing him, "Gods I love you..." And then she put her lips on his, and they kissed for a while. Afterwards she felt him again, but he hadn't hardened.

"I told you I just wanted to hold you Cassy..." he whispered. "I feel mighty protective at the moment..."

She felt her eyes moisten, and turned back on her other side, after which he spooned her again. She moaned contended as he caressed her, and nuzzled her hair, and let herself sink away in the warmth he offered. She slept surprisingly well that night.

***

The smell of bacon, and dazzling beams of sunlight coming in through the open bedchamber doors, were what woke her the next morning. She became aware of the strong arm draped over her side, and then his familiar voice sounded softly in her ear, "Did you sleep well, honey?"

She turned halfway around, and locked her sleepy eyes with his, "Like a Pryoness..." She placed a hand on the back of his head, put her lips on his, closed her eyes, and kissed him deeply.

"Ooh," a voice sounded from the open doors, "should I come back later? Your eggs will be getting cold though..."

She disengaged from Brando, turned her head towards the open doors. Denora was peeking inside, her face was smiling, but her eyes weren't. "Could you please come in for a moment," she said, sitting up. Denora's face fell, then she shuffled inside. Cassandra patted the bed next to her, "Get your butt over here..." Denora froze for a moment, but then the warmth in her voice seemed to register, and her senior maiden came over to the bed, and sunk down on it next to her. She put an arm around her and hugged her, "I didn't even see it coming myself, you lovely girl. So don't blame yourself." Denora's eyes darted to Brando behind her. She smiled softly, "Yeah, no secrets between lovers..."

Denora sighed deeply, "Still I should have known something was wrong. After that first shock, when that courier told you what had happened, you handled it much too well, laughing and joking with us in the training room like you did."

Brando's hand came down on his lover's left shoulder, and his fingers slid down over the yellow and blue bruise on its front. "Is that where you acquired this?"

Cassandra nodded, "Yes, I got tired, and I didn't see Syldan's kick coming. She barely managed to avoid hitting me in the face." Brando winced, and she reached behind her, her hand finding and caressing him, "It wasn't Syldan's fault, it was mine. I should have pulled the plug when I became too tired, and I didn't. I was lucky she's as good as she is."

Denora's voice recaptured her attention, "Those eggs are still getting cold..."

She smiled at her, "We're coming."

When she entered the living room through the large open doors with Brando in tow, she was surprised by the view awaiting her; all her maidens seated around an overladen breakfast table. There were no waiters in sight though...

Denora rose from her chair and walked up to where she stood, wringing her hands, "I had it brought up to the reception room," she said, "and then me and the girls set the table, and got all the food inside. Just like we do when we're having breakfast in our day room." Cassandra swallowed. "I hope you're okay with having breakfast with us like this...," her senior maiden said.

Six eager faces, clearly fearing rejection. She turned towards Denora, feeling her eyes moisten, and then she hugged her, "It's all I ever wanted..."

***

She had the best breakfast ever, because everyone she loved was there. Afterwards the girls led her to the bathroom and prepared her to bathe. But after she lowered herself inside the large tub they put their robes on again, and then they left, and Brando came in. It was their first time together like that, and she loved washing him, and being washed by him. Not too surprisingly, his cock hardened as she was washing it. "Are you going to stay all day?" she asked him, "because if you aren't I'm going to have sex with you now."

He smiled, "I have decided that the retreat of the western army is in good hands with Colonel Baldrin, and that until he reaches Iriskan I'm better situated here, at Bromodin, to coordinate both armies. So as long as nothing disastrous happens I'll be here till tomorrow evening at least."

She smiled too, "I like having you over after dinner, to make love to me." She patted his cock, so I better not exhaust it beforehand."

He chuckled, "Tonight is early enough anyway. As I said; I want to be sure you're okay before we have sex again."

Her fingers slid over his length, "Are you big Brando? I ask because I have nothing to compare too."

He shrugged, "Going by what I have seen in the army's communal washing rooms, and based on what those ladies I've been with told me, I'm just a bit above average, in both length and girth."

She caressed his balls, and then moved her fingers up the shaft again, "I think it's beautiful."

The head was still half covered by his foreskin. She let the tips of her fingers slide around it, and he moaned softly, "Careful, or we're going to have sex in the bathroom after all..." She let go of him, and he smiled seductively, "Your turn now, Pryoness..."

Sitting in front of him, on her knees, leaning back on her heels, she moaned in anticipation. He picked up a clean washing cloth, and then he soaped it up. She let her knees slide apart as far as they would go when he reached down, and trembled as he cupped her pussy in his washing cloth encased hand. He tenderly washed the outside, and then he spread her labia with the slightest pressure and washed the insides too. "You have such a nice pussy," he whispered. "Very tidy and smooth, and when I open you up there are those neat inner lips - so beautiful..."

Being washed by him like this felt incredibly intimate, and a loud moan escaped her as he concentrated on her little nub next. "I could make you cum like this," he whispered, "would you like that?"

She moaned loud, and then she shook her head, "No, that would be selfish."

He chuckled, "After what happened to you yesterday, you have no idea how much it would please me to please you..."

She swallowed, "Alright..., then I would like it..."

The wash cloth covered hand retreated, and the other one replaced it. He rubbed her slowly, tenderly, and then the tips of his fingers massaged the little hood covering her hardening little nub out of the way and contacted her pleasure center. Her hands slid up her belly, and cupped her breasts. "Yes," he whispered, "relax yourself, and help me pleasure you."

He used the lightest of touches, and her own fingertips mirrored his movements around her pebbled nipples. On and on he went, and her breathing became heavier and heavier as she arched her back further and further, inviting him to get more aggressive, and push her over the top. But he didn't, and the fires inside her belly and breasts kept growing. She started to tremble, and then to shudder, but the wave still didn't crest. "Please.., please..," she gasped loud. And then his lips descended on hers, and his other hand pulled her against him as his mouth sealed off hers. The fingers on her throbbing clit increased their pressure and their speed, as his tongue danced with hers. And then, finally, the wave did crest. Her body shook, and she screamed, the scream muffled by his mouth, as the orgasm devoured her like the hot flame devours the moth.

His touch became lighter, just enough pressure to keep the fire inside her belly blazing, and she shuddered against him for what felt like an eternity. And then his tongue retreated, and his mouth left hers, and his touch became lighter still, as he slowly let her come down, before he lifted from her expended pleasure center entirely. She collapsed against him, totally spent, and he used both his arms to hug her close. He nuzzled her wet hair while his hands caressed her backside, and through her panting she realized this had been just for her. She wanted to tell him how much she loved him, but the right words kept evading her, and she just caressed him back instead.

And then a knock on the bathroom door pulled her out of her state of bliss, "We better finish up," Brando whispered, the water is getting cold."

It was indeed only lukewarm now. "Are the two of you still alive?" Denora's amused voice sounded from the outside.

"We're getting out," Brando replied to her, "just give us a couple of minutes."

One of his hands slid down, and she mewled as he touched her sensitive pussy. But he was very tender as he opened her up, and rinsed her clean with the surrounding water. And then he scooped her up, and carried her out of the bath. He put her down on her feet next to it, and then he picked up a large towel from the nearby towel rack and started drying her off. She let him, savoring the attention, as he rubbed every inch of her dry. When he was finished he started drying himself off, and she walked over to where clean bath robes were hanging from the row of hooks on the wall.

He was close behind her, dropped the towel and picked up a bath robe too, though it barely fitted him, and looked ridiculous on his large frame. She chuckled, and he pointed at a small pile of clothing on the towel rack she hadn't noticed before. "Your girls got me a set of fresh clothing this morning, and I think I better dress in here, to avoid embarrassing them."

She smiled back at him, "I bet they would only be curious, but I'm not going to share, I'm very selfish when it comes to sharing my betrothed." And with that she left him behind to dress himself, while she herself returned to her bedchamber, where three maidens were waiting to dress her.

***

Another black dress was waiting for her, not that much different from the one she had worn the day before. After she was dressed she sat down in front of the dressing table and told Vala to just brush her hair, and Leavy to use the bare minimum of make-up. Vala started brushing, and Leavy started putting away the make-up she had readied. She watched with raised eyebrows, and Leavy smiled softly, "Your minimum is none, milady. You're rather pretty without make-up too..."

Brando was waiting for her in the living room when she emerged from her bedchamber not much later. He took her in, and then he smiled broadly, "The pure Cassandra, I love it."

She smiled back, because his eyes told her he wasn't just flattering her. She gestured at the wall mounted chronometer, "It's almost noon - care to join me to the conference rooms? I have this suspicion the councilors will be there waiting for us already.

Brando nodded, and she led him out of her private chambers, towards her conference rooms, where they found the entire council waiting for her, as she had already expected. They met her with concerned faces, and it was Burgon Goban who addressed her, "Are you alright, your highness? All kinds of rumors are circulating..."

She nodded slowly, "Last night, at dinner, the reality of my father's death finally hit home with full force. It became too much, and it floored me." She glanced at Brando, "But there was someone there to catch me, and help me get back on my feet again." She locked eyes with Burgon Goban for a moment, "Your concern is appreciated," and then her eyes glanced over the gathered counselors, "That goes for all of you." She smiled reassuringly, "I've put it behind me now. It still hurts, it'll hurt for the rest of my life, but I don't expect it to floor me again."

The councilors' faces lost their concern; they looked supportive now, and she noted down that being direct, and honest, apparently worked best with them. She sat down at the head of the table, with Brando claiming the seat to her right, and it was business as usual again, for as far as anything was usual in these desperate times. After everything needing their attention had been handled, and Brando had updated them on the actions of the western army, the waiting started, for news from both the western and eastern armies. They had lunch with the council as they waited, and when by four no couriers had arrived she excused herself and Brando, to have tea in her private chambers, with her maidens.

They had the remainder of the banana pie with their tea, and Brando proved a welcome addition. Her maidens loved his jokes as much as he loved their playful teasing. She didn't care about returning to her conference rooms as long as there was no news. So they stretched their time having tea to the limit, and then she had Brando join her on one of the four living room couches, and she just relaxed with him for a while. It was close to dinner time when the trumpets finally announced an arrival. She let go of Brando with a disappointed moan, he smiled at her, "Time to get back to work honey..."

***

He accompanied her to her conference rooms, where they arrived just before the courier did. The lieutenant in question brought news, from Colonel Kiran, and it was, basically, good news. The Colonel's army was rested, deployed around The Seven Pints, and had withstood a number of what the Colonel classified as probing attacks. The lieutenant had barely finished his report when the trumpets announced another arrival. Not much later another lieutenant arrived, this time sent by Colonel Baldrin. He reported to them that the army was making good progress, and that Colonel Baldrin expected the tailing units to reach the Halfway Inn before nightfall. The Halfway Inn was, aptly named, located about halfway along the road from Iriskan to Breza.

And then he had continued, and told them that messengers send to Colonel Baldrin by the units left to guard the Forks bridges had reported that the orcs seemed to just be observing their bridgehead. So more good news basically, and it fitted with what Brando had reported earlier. Yet it felt wrong somehow, all this orcish inactivity, and lack of commitment. After the messenger left Brando shared his thoughts with the gathered council, "I find it strange, this lack of action by the orcs, they must be up to something!"

Cassandra nodded, "Yes, I agree, but what?" To that none of the gathered could come up with a good answer. They ended up having dinner with the council, somewhat to her disappointment, as she would have much preferred having dinner with her maidens instead. A good half an hour later, with the main course just about being served, the trumpets, to everyone's surprise, announced yet another arrival. Faces immediately turned anxious, as this was highly unlikely to be good news. So they waited with some trepidation for the courier to arrive at the dining room. But no courier emerged, what emerged was a Royal Guard captain, and a common guard, escorting a young girl inside.

Surprised she took the girl in; she looked to be about twelve years of age, she was dressed in a small and dusty old waxed coat, and was holding a crumpled hat in her trembling fingers. She also looked frightened, exhausted, and on the verge of collapse. "I'm Captain Ozandra, commander of the sixth platoon currently on duty guarding the walls," the captain introduced himself. She knew him by sight, and just nodded. "This girl presented herself at the gate," he continued, "I think you need to hear what she has to say."

The girl trembled, her small hat nervously shifting in her fingers, "I need to see the Kang." She sounded exhausted too.

Cassandra had already risen from her chair, now she gestured at one of the remaining empty chairs, "Please, take a seat." The girl looked uncertain, but then she shed her coat and hopped onto the chair as requested. She looked at her majordomo, "Is there any of the chicken soup left?" The man nodded. "Then what are you waiting for? Get her some." He sprang into action, and the girls face brightened, as a minute later a steaming bowl was put down on the table in front of her. Cassandra was standing next to her by now, the girl looked up at her, and she smiled back at her, "Yes, get something warm inside your belly first."

The girl nodded eagerly, picked up a spoon and almost attacked the poor bowl of soup, "Don't burn yourself!" Cassandra warned her. The girl smiled, blowing across the spoon before slurping the soup inside her mouth. She watched her eat for a while, and when she was about halfway through the bowl she addressed her, "What's your name?"

The girl stopped eating for a moment and looked up at her, "I'm Cerny, Miss."

She nodded at her, "That's a nice name. I'm Cassy. And what brings you here Cerny?"

The girl stopped eating once more. "When I came home they were everywhere, and I knew me and Musso had to warn the Kang, and ask him for his help."

She smiled encouragingly, "Oh? Who were everywhere? And who's Musso?"

The girl blinked a couple of times, "The orcs army, and Musso is my pony." With that she looked over her shoulder at Captain Ozandra, and her voice trembled a bit, "Will Musso be alright?"

The captain nodded with a smile, "Yes, she was just very tired, just like you. Don't worry, she's being taken good care of."

Cerny's small face lightened up, and she turned back to Cassandra, "There were whole lots of them, many many orcs, thousands. And there were many big lizard beasts too. Musso was afraid of those."

She swallowed, "A large orc army... Where did you see them?"

Cerny blinked again, "Home, at the Inn. My father owns the Trader's Inn."

***

Cassandra frowned, and looked up at Brando, who frowned too. "That's the Inn on the road from Bagman's Crossing to Ovega," he said, and then his frown deepened, "With Bagman's Crossing in orcish hands that's over a hundred and fifty leagues by road..."

Cerny grinned, "I came by the trails over the moors."

Brando looked impressed, "That would still make it more than eighty leagues, how long have you been underway?"