All Comments on 'Catch of a Lifetime'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 167 Comments
samsub2022samsub202222 days ago
I think the trajedic ending was better

Hey man...

I don't know,on some level of my subconscious....

Dara cheated and both finally found out they aren't fit to married...

And the adult version of love between Julia. And canon finally pops out and and make a great future

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What a charming story! 5 Stars. Thank you for sharing part of what's in such a creative mind!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Awesome Randi! I don't often comment, but I couldn't let this one go by. Five stars is just not enough.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful story, Randi, 10 stars. I just love all of your stories and most must,because you are considered the best! Dara is not only a doctor, she has the world's best job-MOMMY!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A treasure of a tale, thank you Randi. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

BabalooieBabalooie7 months ago

Well done. Five stars.

goodshoes2goodshoes29 months ago

Any accolade (or accolades) I could write will not do justice to your writing skills. Thank you.

NitpicNitpic9 months ago
Too

Too much of a fairy story for me.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Wow!! Really great, tear-jerking, loving, warm, story.... thank you! (There would be tear smudges on this page if it were paper!)

TulipfuzzTulipfuzz10 months ago

Great story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Always wonderful to read an uplifting story where everybody is loyal, faithful and tru. Five solid stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

On page 3. One thing I have noticed is many authors use "areolae" but some go with areolas. Both are acceptable in today's usage. I think areolas is less jarring, and in non-formal writing it should be preferable.just mytake on it.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great Story.

Texican1830Texican183011 months ago

Every now and then I revisit my favorites. This is still one.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Beautiful Story! Brought tears to my eyes several times as well as smiles, l really enjoyed it. Second time I’ve read it.

DuncanitaDuncanita12 months ago

5th read for this one, still 10☆

Aussie1951Aussie1951about 1 year ago
Brilliantly written

You are truly a gifted writer and I’m not ashamed to admit you had this old Vet in tears throughout this story, especially at the end, I totally lost it 😭.A very well-deserved five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You're gifted. Wonderful tale.

G

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

wonderful imagination, great writing, very emotive. rk

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You really have a gift in your story telling. Thank you! 5*s of course

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful! I cried.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

This is my second read. I am still as emotional as i was the first time I read the story. This is an amazing story. I could imagine a screen play written so the story would be made into a movie. It’s that good. Thank you Blackrandl1958 for the time and effort you placed in writing a beautiful love story.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Wish I could vote again. This story is a perfect showcase for your skills.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

THE BEST STORIES are always too short!!!

10/5 he wrote through emotional tears.

THC

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Nice medium paced story,

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[05.11.22]

A beautiful story.

11/10!!!!!

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Well Randi, you are indeed a romantic, a wonderful one.

Thank you for such a lovely story, l thoroughly enjoyed it.

This late sixties man will always be a romantic as well.

Scores 5/5 again thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your ending was rushed. But at least you had a satisfactory one. A great 5 star story.

Bill S.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Better than the best romance story=y I have ever read. 5 seems totally inadequate compared to the feelings generated by read it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hi Randi

This is my third reading of this story and I do not know why but it seems that with each reading, the amount of dust in the air seems to get larger and larger!!!

6*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. One point - if he was close enough to her school to drive up for an afternoon with no problem, why couldn't he be a booty call? She starts feeling the stress, she calls, he make her dinner, lets her study a bit, then takes care of any other needs she has. Or pick her up on the weekend. She could review notes on the way home and back, study in her study room (which she said was the best place for her to study) and the time saved in making meals and cleaning up would be saved and could be used for "stress relief".

My wife actually benefited from this plan, she was overwhelmed by her classes. And I didn't mind playing butler, chef, cleaning staff and stress reduction therapist (the best job) to help her reach her goal.

Yes I was working full time. I gave up much of my rec time. It was a pain but so what? Before she started we might stay up all night practicing marital skills, during her studies it was get her off as many times as practical, once for me and then back to study for her. 30 minutes kept her happy and me sane. Yes, that was me, simple used as a sex toy, like a vibrator but she didn't have to buy batteries.

And now that Dara chose research he dodged a bullet. In practice, with her personality, her care for her patients would probably burned up as much of their lives much as school did. Another thing all you folks that dream of marrying a doctor should consider.

tarkabukktarkabukkover 1 year ago

This was a great story. I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

New project for QuickMagazine - catching up on the non-LW BR58 ouevre. Looking through the roster of posted stories, this is the earliest, so I mistakenly thought it might have been her first. Nah Unh. Randi disabuses us of such notions with those comments (love it when the author wades into the comments) she posted here 5-6 years ago. Anyway, I see what she meant in the preface about not enough conflict in an earlier draft, because even the final one here is more the course of true love running smooth than not. Of course, we're not in LW anymore, Toto, and what does come up as problems for Canyon & Dara is plenty enough for the Romance category. Anyway, I was feeling a 4 all the way through - until that last sentence. 5, 5, 5, 5, 5!

RobjustRobRobjustRobalmost 2 years ago

Wow, powerful emotions in this great story. Thanks for all your great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"She grudgingly admitted they had kissed, but insisted there was nothing more."

.

Why the hell was this glossed over? That should have been the trigger for a more heated argument but instead they just skip past it and continue on with their, way too civil, discussion. They kissed and she didn't think that was wrong or inappropriate with her having a boyfriend at home? She kissed another man and she didn't realize she was being seduced until it was pointed out by her boyfriend?? Canyon had every right to feel like she cheated on him, especially since this other man was someone she never told him about, but had discussed with her mother.

.

While the rest of the story was beautiful, that was a major oversight imo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very nice story, right up there in the 5⭐️star category. I just had one small problem with it. After Canyon drags Dara out of the river and gets her breathing again she immediately tells him she was with her sister. But instead of him calling 911 and getting the search team out right then, he carries Dara to his house, changes her clothes, puts her in bed and makes her cocoa. Then…he calls 911 to alert the sheriff that there’s another girl in the river. That time delay in calling could have been a life or death difference. Maybe it was too late for Kara, but Canyon couldn’t know that. Just a bad move. Still, it’s a great story, Randi, thanks for sharing.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

I think this is my favourite of your stories that I’ve read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story! It really got to me and I got quite emotional over parts of it. I enjoy Mr Randi’s work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You are exceptional as if Mr. Randi had a calling.

Diecast1Diecast1about 2 years ago

A beautiful, lovely story. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have read and loved many of your stories, this one is your best! I have read it before, and spent the day trying to find it again. I then started going through my favorite writers, luckily yours was my first choice. Mainly because I knew it wasn't in Louisiana. Lol. Thank for a great story in which is relatable and one can feel the hurt and joy as you read it. Thank you! AC in SC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I was torn between a 4 and a 5 and the better always wins with me so I popped for a 5. I am glad that you developed the story so well. I want to thank you for gracing us with your stories, I recognize the labor of love. May you continue to grow your craft as I go to read other of your offerings. Peace be with you.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

Interesting. Brick was a slimy somewhat unbelievable but truthful person. Like the idea of hiding the cards. Sort of naive at her age with no knowledge of Hair for Locks, especially for a medical student.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An incredibly warm, touching, loving and very sensitive story about true love staying true through real life trials and tribulations - and separations.

Thank you for sharing your From The ❤️ story with us. We shared a smile and a few misty moments.

SW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautiful story, as always. That's why you're recognized as the best!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A wonderful love story, I had to blink back tears a number of times. Very emotional story, I thought it was great!

viejoviejoover 2 years ago

loved it. Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What anon from a few days ago said is true, not only this tale but so many Randi stories. They are meant to be enjoyed. A couple even more so at this time of the year (Someone to Love Us especially). 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of my favorites. I’ve read it many time. It never gets old!

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Well written, emotional story.

A gifted author, for sure.

5/5

redbaron172redbaron172over 2 years ago

Awesome story, reading it to learn too!!! Best

P

Archie58Archie58over 2 years ago

Love your stories, but they make me stay up to late, and I'm retired!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Randi; Please ask Literotica to push the score, in the voting section, up to six ... so I can give you a seven.

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A feminist story of female empowerment and ego centricity , The reality vanity and the frustration of the reality of the human failure. Women covet , it's Enate they accomplish less , inventions are less by 90% less than there , male counter part , They are not held to the standards as men ( men train to have skill to support the family unit ) women on the other hand pander to there ego centered goals only to support the self worth/ and goal centered around what other women in there pier group think of them There frustration has them expanding there education threw continued academic experience ( The rather than honing skill on the job training and experience ) elitism is there main goal. I have had first hand experience/ two daughters and the son wife / and a niece / and a few work friend / and a wife in the Medical profession , ( Only one made it and compliment her family ) the others live the life of that separates them from the group . The new social elitism .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A very tender love story. Nice bit of revenge from Dara on her fellow student. :-) DT

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

wonderful story.

You bring out the characters' emotions: love, sadness, doubts, resolutions, married life, .......

Thanks for sharing your talent.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Wow! ...this is your best written story that I have read so far. Fantastic! Such a good read... so enjoyable. This is going to be added as one of my favourites. Thank-you for your talent

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInalmost 3 years ago

Again; Wow. The more I read, the more I adore your style. I feel I know these people.

dthaker: I've been married 35 years. I steel have times where I'm insecure. We're Human.

dthakerdthakerabout 3 years ago

Well. 5stars and wonderful writing.

Only why he is so insecure? Kind of too much...but who cares as long as he gets the gal!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I loved the story but not as much as some of your others, but they ALL get 5*. You throw the curve all to hell Randi when so many of yours deserve 10*!

kvalentinekvalentineover 3 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story. There was a lot I could relate to in here, such as a preference for KC style BBQ, being a tall guy who has been with short girls, the pressure of the distance relationship while she was in school, and the hiding of love notes.

I once wrote "I Love You" on a couple dozen heart shaped sticky notes and put them in random places in my then girlfriends stuff, since she was stressed about school, including a couple in the pages of her textbook. She told me that once she found the second, and knew there was more than the one, she scoured all her stuff to find them all right then.

PorterrhPorterrhover 3 years ago
A wonderful romance

...as long as they did everything she wanted to do ...... a relationship where she was the star and he was an extra .......

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
On second reading

This is even better than the first time through. This is really a great story.

Joker91472Joker91472over 3 years ago
Fantastic story but...

I loved almost every aspect of this story but (and it may be that I’m jaded from having multiple relationships end in me being cheated on) the brick thing crawled all over me. I get her not realizing her was trying to seduce her because I rarely notice when someone is flirting with me but when he kissed her it should have been unmistakable and she should have shut him down at that moment and and shared it with Canyon. The fact that she didn’t do that tells me that she wasn’t completely against the possibility. I know it was a mistake and I feel I still would have forgiven her anyway as Canyon did but to me it showed a distinct character flaw in what was otherwise painted as a near perfect character. All that said It still gets 5 stars from me and I still loved the story.

Cor007Cor007over 3 years ago
Locks of Love

Thanks for the Locks of Love reference, that drove this beautiful story really home. Family member suffered from cancer and after recovering, grew their hair out to donate to Locks of Love so someone else could receive a wig while going through chemotherapy.

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 4 years ago
Second reading

I enjoyed it this time just as much as the first time. The Loving Wives section has really gone to hell this past year and a half so I find myself going back and rereading some of my favorite authors stories. You are right next to some of the greats. Thank you for entertaining me. Five*****

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Intensely Moving

One of your best if not the best. Very emotive and so well written especially concerning medical school pressures. Loved it.

patient1patient1almost 4 years ago

Since her hair saved her life, it was appropriate to donate it to someone fighting for theirs. Paying it forward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WOW!

I've never read a better story! Your words are like magic! Love your writing and those that write with you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thank you

Well written, had tears in my eyes many times.

Thank you,

Keith

RedshankRedshankabout 4 years ago
Bravo!

Had some experience with my wife in med school while we dated....well written Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I cried!

I had to blot my eyes and blow my nose so I could keep on reading. I'm not usually so effected but it was a great plot, terrific characters and dialog. /s/ JustJay [an 88 year old widower]

EratharEratharover 4 years ago
So beautiful!

I even cried a little. This is now one of my favorite stories on literotica.

LowcountryLowcountryover 4 years ago
Tears

I couldn't help it, but the ending brought tears to my eyes. This is a beautiful story! All the way through it, I couldn't help but think how everyone in the story had a healthy outlook. Quite unusual for an erotic submission! And, the premise could be stretched out into book form. Just saying...

sticks13sticks13over 4 years ago
Warm fuzzy feeling

This story left me with good feeling and reminded me that there are some real actual "loving wives" out there which is probably something that we should all remember when reading the stories in this section.

Thanks for this and your 5 stars and a favourite story have been well earned.

Thank you

S.

calibammacalibammaover 4 years ago
Excellent

Man this was a good read. You brought us to that seemly infidelity realm and swish us away lol thanks. Believe it or not when I as a reader come upon those places in the story where infidelity is peeking it’s head out there is real anxiety hitting me...😂😂😂 crazy huh? I often wonder if it’s because I went through such myself being the one who caused my heartache lol again thanks for this piece. Now don’t get upset if I find a wimpy story where the husband cowered out and I blast the writer.😂

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Tearjerker amazing srory

Thank you for an amazing story, please keep sharing them with us.

Alaska84Alaska84over 4 years ago
Beautiful story.

Thank you for sharing your stories with us! They help us calm our hectic lives.

blackknight314blackknight314over 4 years ago
I read the first 5 comments at the end of the story.

I find that I really can't say more. I didn't think that I needed to read the next 82 comments as I'm sure that they were more of the same. Thanks for your efforts.

blackknight

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you.

You have told a very romantic story that flows with ups and downs and total commitment from both without having any treacherous actions on ethers part ending with total love and again that word commitment.

You have written a story without any BTBs and porno but ended up with a fantastic read.

Congratulations and please keep writing LOVE IT.

CHRIS FROM CORNWALL UK.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank you

You have encapsulate the life story, love and commitment of a couple so much in love under great pressures in life.

Great read hope there is many more to come.

Thank you.

Chris from Cornwall UK.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

There are a few others stories just like this one, meaningful, loving, caring, JUST GREAT. Like the three other stories, I just wished you would continue this story on and on. If this story was real life, I know that the feelings these two had would continue on through the generations. OUTSTANDING STORY BY AN OUTSTANDING AUTHJOR!!! Thank you.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Third

This is the third great story that I have read tonight. The first two were by qhml1 and Rehnquist. This is the third story I call great. Seven pages of this story went by like two in most other stories. Amazing work again.

SimonWolfeSimonWolfealmost 5 years ago
There are some stories...

... that I read, reread and reread, because they make me feel like there is hope left in this world. Randi, several are some that you have written.

GrindleGrindleover 5 years ago
Brilliant and deep thoughtful writing.

*Really makesyou FEELthe story! Great writing.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 5 years ago
Really good

Really enjoyed this story. It would of been nice if the story was longer and you put in the babies were named in remembrance

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I don’t leave comments here...

Never expected erotica to leave me teary eyed. Well written; well done!

WiserbyageWiserbyageover 5 years ago
Excellent!!!

I have started reading at the top of your list and one thing seems to display itself in each story; you have amazing empathy with your characters. Very well done!!! I

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Unfortunately, the End

Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A different kind of 'Me Too'

With some of Billy Joel's lyrics, in spirit-not in fact, Son can you play me a memory and I swear this sad and sweet story has a definite ring of truth. Looking at the clock that reminds me that I am an hour passed when my eyes should have been closed, and not really caring at all. Enjoyed it very much because of how much of real life echo's throughout every word. I totally agree with the previous patrons tear gathering in the corners of the eyes in places, so, me too. Thanks.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 6 years ago
Second reading for me too.

And it still made me teary-eyed.

Thank you.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
Great Read.

Enjoyed this warm story even if a bit sad in many ways. Sensitively written.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
Lovely lovely story. 5-stars.

One teeny-tiny quibble. I dont know how many times when I said GP (general practitioner) when I was corrected, “It’s Family Practioner now” by MDs. I’ve got about 2 dozen friends, and add 3 or 4 dozen close aquaintances (I was in medical research), who are MDs, who have corrected me numerous times over the last 25-30 years of that (perhaps a hundred times in total... hard habit, like I still say Kleenex or Xerox). So, even though I, and many of the older general population, might say “GP” I’m guessing a clinical medical professional, like the assistant dean, would not. Caveat: unless things have changed back within the last 10 years (when I left the field) and they’ve gone back to GP

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
HOW DOES BEING A LIFESAVER EFFECT A RELATIONSHIP

and then use it as a crutch. TK U MLJ LV NV

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
7429 Followers
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories