Category One Ch. 02

Story Info
Seph enters club Category & is pursued by multiple men.
3.2k words
4.67
4.1k
2
0

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/05/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Category proved to be a typical dance club. True to form it housed a plethora of scantily clad women, smooth talking shot girls, handsome bartenders, and a broad selection of attractive singles. Trying to avoid the strobe lights blaring directly into her eyes Seph led Sera to a corner table. Scanning the crowd Seph looked for her physical ideal in a man. She preferred a healthy man that watched what he ate yet didn't obsess over time at the gym. Given the fact that Seph was "vertically challenged" she looked for a man she didn't have to crane her neck to look at so she usually capped off at five foot ten inches. And then of course he had to practice good hygiene, have short hair, dress in a suit as a real man should, and behave as a gentleman.

"Welcome to Category, I'm Heidi and I will be your server today. Would you ladies like anything to drink? Our Category 2 and our Category 5 are on special today." Said a leggy blond with a dimple to accessorize her bright smile.

"Excuse me but what do you mean by Category 1 and 5?" Seph asked in confusion.

Sera giggled and answered for Heidi, "Didn't you know? Instead of normal drink names they list their popular custom drinks as Categories like a Hurricane."

"That's right! Our Category 1 is a Blue Motorcycle, Category 2 is a Cosmopolitan, Category 3 is a Martini, Category 4 is a Mojito, and Category 5 is a Long Island Iced Tea." Heidi flashed a polite smile as she rattled of her explanation.

"Two Category 2's please!" Sera giggled in excitement while Seph stared at the server in exasperation.

"What happened to just a simple drink order? Why does everything have to be so damned complicated?" Seph huffed.

"Oh calm down Sepphy and let your hair down a bit! Remember you're here to find someone who's going to end up seeing you naked. Head in the game Sis!" Seph glared at her sister. "He is not going to see me naked!" Seph's retort burst out of her immediately and a little louder than she intended.

"I think I walked in on the most interesting conversation of the evening." At their table stood a stranger eyeing Seph with a mix of amusement and interest. Blushing deeply to match the color of her sister's dress Seph stared at the man at a loss for words.

"Well hello there handsome! I'm Sera and this is my hot sister Seph!" Sera's elbow rammed into Seph's ribcage, "Oof! Oh! I mean, hello." Seph's blush did not get any lighter.

"Wonderful to meet you ladies my name is Justin." His gaze fixated on Seph her prominent cleavage, "Would you care to dance?"

"She would love to!" Seph whipped her head in shock at her sister. "Oh! Now? But our drinks haven't gotten here yet." Seph grabbed for any life raft to avoid being embarrassed further.

"I promise to return you at the first sign of your being thirsty." A charming smile overcame Justin's attractive face. Realizing she wasn't going to gracefully withdraw from this debacle Seph accepted his proffered hand and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor.

"So what brings you here tonight Seph?"

"Oh just a night out with my sister. You know how it is. A few drinks and then bed before one." Way to wow him there Seph. This may have started off bad but that's no reason to bore the man to death. Determined to turn this disaster into something more salvageable Seph took the initiative. "So what brings you to Category? You have a thing for cosmos too?"

Justin chuckled. "Not exactly here for the cosmos." Arriving at the dance floor still holding Seph's hand Justin whirled her around to face him and pulled her flush against his body. Too close! Too close! "Instead I come for the gorgeous company." Hold on Seph that doesn't exactly mean he's a womanizer. "With a beautiful woman like you how could a man not come?" Justin winked at Seph and held her tighter to his chest. And we have a womanizer! Come one come all there's a pig in a suit!

"That's um sweet of you to say Justin but that's not exactly what I'm looking for." Break it to him quick Noble. No need to drag this out.

"You don't need to pretend with me Seph. I'm a pretty up front kind of guy. There's no need to play games. I heard you with your sister and it's okay. We all want to let loose from time to time and I'm happy to help you do it." Justin gently squeezed her hand in reassurance while his other hand caressed her posterior.

"Look Justin I don't know what you think you heard," she grabbed his wandering hand pulled it off her derriere and thrust it away from her body, "but it certainly was not an invitation to get me into bed! But let me clear it up for you. I am not interested in sleeping with you so if you would please let me go." Her voice rose several octaves at the end of her rant causing several dancers to stare in her direction. The pressure on her hand became uncomfortable as his grip tightened and his charming smile became forced, "Let's discuss this somewhere more private." Warning bells blared in Seph's head as Justin pulled her hand to lead her off the dance floor.

"I believe the lady asked for you to let her go." A rich baritone rippled across Seph's nerves as a soothing caress. Jerking to a stop Justin immediately released her hand and turned to face the man behind her.

"Lincoln, ah man, I'm sorry! Look it's done. I'm walking away."

"You know the rules Justin. We don't coerce our partners. You get willing consent or you get out." The man behind her kept his tone carefully controlled. Seph couldn't tell if he was angry or bored.

"I'm out Lincoln." Her rebuffed suiter abruptly turned and stormed off the dance floor.

"Are you okay Miss?" Turning towards the voice that country singers sold their souls for Seph faced the most sinfully looking man she'd ever seen. Seph found herself ogling a man who missed his calling as a linebacker for the NFL. Staring down at her from his towering six foot four inch height she felt her neck start to twinge from craning up at him. Close cropped wavy smut black hair matched his black on black Armani suit. His covered broad shoulders and a large chest but his suit couldn't hide how obvious it was that this man was pure muscle. A small smirk started to reveal itself hinting at a heart throbbing dimple. Sharp gray eyes met her awestruck gaze. Snap out of it Noble! He's not your type! Stop drooling over him!

Collecting her composure Seph slapped on her quick no nonsense gallery owner façade and firmly held the line backer's gaze. "Thank you for helping me out but it wasn't necessary. I had it handled."

"I'm certain you did but a lady shouldn't ever have to ask for help. It's a gentleman's duty to always be at the ready to assist a damsel in distress." Put that dimple away Linebacker! "I know you just dealt with an unpleasant experience but allow me to overwrite his poor behavior. Would you care to dance?" A man with a deep voice should come with a warning label.

Surprised to find that she actually wanted to dance with him Seph found herself agreeing. Taking his proffered hand, Seph experienced déjà vu as he spun her around and thrust her body flush against his own. This time instead of discomfort Seph felt her body tingle in anticipation.

In anticipation to what? Easy Noble. He's not the guy you came here for. You need a lamb not a lion and this man is definitely a lion.

"Penny for your thoughts." The linebacker asked her. He has a name Noble. Stop calling him Linebacker.

"Oh you know just trying not to step on your feet." Lincoln chuckled at her quip making her body quiver in response. His hand gently tightened over her own to show her reaction didn't escape his notice.

"Well they are rather hard to miss. It must be an art form avoiding them." Seph laughed at his playful response causing her chest to rub against his own. Lincoln sharply inhaled and she felt his body stiffen under her hands. Glancing up in concern Seph was met with a flash of smoldering gray fire in his eyes. Softening his gaze Lincoln rubbed his thumb against the back of her hand. The background noise of the club around them silenced and they became the only two people in the room. All she could hear was her pounding heart as she lost herself in the gray ocean of his stare.

Another dancer bumped into her breaking Seph from her reverie. Forced back to reality Seph controlled herself and decided to get this dance over with and back to her sister. "Thank you for the dance but I think I'm going to head back to my table and sit the next one out."

"Let me see you safely back to your seat."

As she waded through the sea of people Seph felt his presence following her. Her body could feel the heat of his own as he followed closely behind her. As she got closer to her table Seph spotted her sister talking to a man but she couldn't make out who he was as his back was facing her. When they were only a few yards from the table he strode off leaving Sera to sip her Cosmo.

Seph approached the table and saw Sera silently appreciate the view Seph's partner provided. A feral glint filled Sera's emerald eyes and Seph felt a spark of jealousy. Whoa there girl what are you jealous over? He's not yours and you aren't going to claim him anyway. Taking a breath to calm her confusing hormones Seph began the introductions. "Sera this is Lincoln, Lincoln this is my sister Sera."

"A pleasure to meet you Miss Sera." Lincoln took Sera's hand in his causing a strange stir of emotion in the pit of Seph's stomach. "Likewise Mister Lincoln." Even Sera could use her manners when the situation warranted.

Releasing Sera's hand Lincoln turned and looked expectantly at Seph. Confused as to what he was after Seph stared back at him. "I don't think I've had the pleasure of learning your name." Sera's laughter trilled across the table making Seph flush in embarrassment.

"I'm so sorry it's Seph. Seph Noble." Smooth Noble, Seph berated herself.

"Seph?"

"Oh it's short for Persephone but no one calls her that. She hates using her given name." Sera called out before Seph could try to avoid offering her full name.

"Persephone." Lincoln softly said her name elongating the syllables sending a small shudder down her back. "A beautiful name for a beautiful woman." He grabbed her hand and placed a chaste kiss on its back. His thumb caressed her wrist sending another shudder down her spine. Releasing her hand Lincoln reached into his pocket and retrieved a business card.

Lincoln Strickland, CFO

STRICKLAND HOLDINGS

"I would love to take you out for dinner tomorrow night. My direct contact info is on the back. Give me a call and we can set something up." Seph turned the card over too shocked to give an immediate response. "It was a pleasure to meet you Miss Sera." Lincoln retrieved Seph's hand and placed a final kiss on the back of her hand. "Until tomorrow Persephone." And with that final farewell Lincoln purposefully strode off.

Seph stared after Lincoln's receding form as a wave of longing crashed over her. Girl you've been too long without a man! "Not only does my sister leave with a sexy man but she comes back with a whole new one. Sepphy your slut is showing!" Sera's playful comment was the mental splash of cold water she needed. "Shut up Sera! That man you sent me off with was a pig. And Lincoln is not at all my type."

"Not your type? Since when is gorgeous not your type? He is everyone's type!" Her baby sister had a point but Seph wasn't going to relent. Dating a lion wasn't worth the pain. She would be the lead in her relationships or die alone. It was a dark way to look at it but it's better to be alone than be miserable with someone else. "Damnit Seph you better call him! Don't you dare blow him off or I will date him myself!"

"I'm not calling him Sera. It wouldn't work out anyway."

"Seph you were fawning all over him. I can't believe you're going to let a catch like him get away!"

"You're missing the point. I'm here to find a date for the gala. Lincoln isn't the kind of guy I picture myself with. Can we forget about him and just focus on finding my date?" In an uncharacteristic Sera moment, she let the argument go.

"Okay Sepphy, you're right tonight is about you. So you want the usual? Short, well-dressed, well-mannered, and a bit on the boring side? Coming right up!" With a spurt of Sera-like energy she bounded off into the throng of people to find a partner for her tightly wound sister.

Sera was gone just long enough for Seph to finish her third Cosmo and drown herself in the thought of what Lincoln would have looked like without the suit. Did he have curly black chest hair to match his wavy hair? Did his back ripple when he moved his arms? Did he have abs? Below the abs did have a V in his hips that led to a curly black happy trail? Oh God is he big everywhere? And you're cut off Noble. No more Cosmos for you.

"Sepphy! Did you miss me?" Her sisters voice trilled. "I've got two handsome studs to chase all your worries away!" Behind my sister followed a tall blond man in navy suit with a pink checkered tie. Someone certainly came to make a statement today. Then an average height brunette gentleman with glasses, a black suit, and a coal gray tie.

Pink Tie took the lead, "Hey there I'm Sam and this here is my buddy Jerry." Way to wow me Pink Tie.

"Hello Sam! Hi Jerry! My name is Seph. It's a pleasure." I slapped on a winning smile to overcompensate the peanut gallery in my head. Pink Tie grinned in my direction, obviously Pink Tie couldn't tell how much I was judging his life choices.

"I met Sam and Jerry over at the bar," Sera's arm hooked around Sam's. Looks like Pink Tie isn't completely hopeless. "These handsome boys are investment brokers and had the most fascinating ideas of how I should invest Daddy's money." As soon as she mentioned "Daddy" Seph knew that Sera had picked her target for the evening. Apparently wearing a pink checkered tie wasn't the universal sign Seph thought it was. Maybe in Sera's world it didn't mean their sexual orientation was ambiguous? Sera took in the sight of the empty cocktail glass on the table. "Oh honey we've got to fix you up with a new drink! Where did that cutie Heidi run off to? I'm going to grab some drinks real quick. Jerry, why don't you settle in with Sepphy." She nodded to the empty space next to me. "Sam, honey, come with me!" Tugging his arm, Sera led her flavor of the evening off to the bar.

Jerry settled into the booth but didn't crowd her. Feeling as if she had room to breathe Seph felt her discomfort ease. "I don't know if anyone has told you, but you look amazing tonight." Looking down at her lap Seph felt her face heat in embarrassment. "Um, thank you." She never did take compliments very well. That was more Sera's department. "So tell me more about you Seph. What do you do?" Glancing up at Jerry she saw genuine interest in his face. Feeling more secure in herself she replied, "I run an art gallery in Pioneer Square." Jerry's face brightened, "Beautiful and creative! What kind of art?" Relaxing into her seat she lost herself in conversation.

Seph began to notice him for the first time. Meeting his gaze she marveled at the flecks of green in his chestnut brown eyes. An olive hue shone on his slightly rounded cheeks. Surrounding his full mouth, laugh lines creased his face when he smiled. She couldn't help but feel drawn to him. Granted he wasn't nearly as striking as Lincoln, the lion. Jerry felt like a safety net when compared to Lincoln's imposing aura.

"My gallery specializes in paintings and sculptures. Occasionally I'll showcase photography." A smile lit Jerry's face, "I can tell you love your work." Smiling in response, "Yes I do. I wake up every morning excited to go to work. I'm surrounded by inspiration and beauty every day. I really love my job." Seph's smile faltered "Oh God, listen to me ramble on. Tell me about you. Where are you from?"

A soft chuckle rose from his lips. "I'm from a small town in Virginia." Seph looked curiously at Jerry. "I know, I know. What is a small town boy doing in a windy city like this? Short answer?" A slight nod from Seph spurred him on, "I earned a scholarship to Brown and got scouted by my company right after college. Eventually I got transferred here."

"Sepphy!" Bounding through the crowd, Sera called after her sister. "I come bearing drinks! And Sam! Sam and drinks! Drinks and Sam!" Giggling at her own confusing speech Sera placed two cosmos on the table. "Drink up girl! We have dancing to do!" Coming after her, Sam placed a beer in front of Jerry.

Leaning over to Seph, Jerry whispered, "Is she okay?" Shaking her head, "No, she's not. I need to switch her over to water."

"Sera that's your last one, okay?" Looking up at Seph in shock, "What? No! I can still drink a few more!"

Sam leaned across the table, "Your sister is fine! I'll keep an eye on her." Leaning back to Sera, "Come on babe, let's go dance." Hauling Sera out of the booth, he led her off into the throng of patrons towards the dance floor. Irritated by the turn of events Seph had needed to direct her frustrations elsewhere. Turning to Jerry, "I'm going to the dancefloor, wanna come? Nodding to Seph, "Yeah, let's go."

Once she reached the dancefloor Seph let her cares fade away. Swaying her hips to the beat she closed her eyes focusing on the music surrounding her. Dancing was the one social activity that Seph always did better than Sera. Being short with broad hips meant she had a booty that was made for dancing. She popped and twerked to the beat, oblivious to how men watched her. Jerry may have been her dancing partner but it was clear that she was not attached. Strangers came up to her attempting to dance with Seph but she would sway away, making the unspoken statement "Hands off boys." Seph was oblivious to the attention she drew not knowing that a certain lion watched her intently leaning against the bar, brandy in hand.