All Comments on 'Cat's In The Cradle Ch. 02'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Harry Chapin

I was blessed to see Harry at one of his small college concerts he gave while on tour. He would book dates at smaller venues in between his huge shows. He'd show up on stage with a guitar and some water and sit on a bar stool and totally mesmerize an audience with his ability to tell a story through song. He took us all for a wild ride that night emotionally through his music, laughter, tears, anguish, longing were all played out. We were even introduced to his non-present band. Harry used those proceeds to donate to Bread for the World. A gifted man, your tale did him proud, especially the ending. Mike.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Bravo

Well now we know 3 of Crowbar's kids (Carole, Jim and Ian) and little Susie Haskins grow up to be adults and what they end up doing, which means if WifeWatchman writes any of those four into danger they at least will be rescued. We also know Crowbar will live to be 82-years old and will be able to walk, so other than a stay in the hospital, we now know his life will never be seriously threatened to the point that he won't survive.

Thanks for laying those cards down on the table for those who were paying attention. However, you now have put restrictions on your future stories, you did not have before this 2 chapter series.

As for where the rest of the gold is, I suspect some of it is hiding out in plain sight and that Jonas Oldeeds helped hide the gold for Westboro. Tracing the movements of Jonas Oldeeds may lead a treasure hunter to the rest of the gold.

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 4 years ago

is this the end of the crowbar series or a new beginning?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Mike and WifeWatchman

Mike

I was fortunate enough to see Harry Chapin perform 10 or 12 times in both large venues and small. In a similar manner, Harry and WW enveloped (envelop?) their audiences regardless of audience size or number of chapters into a roller coaster of emotion and fascination. WW using Cat's in the Cradle as the underlying foundation for this story was a phenomenal choice!

Dave

Bh76Bh76about 4 years ago
Very nice.

The more you say about the future the more you lose the suspense of the present. Although no one should really expect IC to not come out of his jams. I hope you’re not winding them down with these glimpses forward.

Keep ‘me coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
400 Hundred Years Ago

WW, from the previous comment about your stories ending, someone did not catch the part about Jack Muscone. There ia no way to end this story but to carry through with the comments about the election and the settling of old scores, which will always occur in the favor of the IRON CROWBAR and the ANGELS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not the end... I hope!!!

I don't think this is the end of the crowbar...there are many lose ends left dangling.... Senator Russell, Counselman Lewis, members of he press, what happens with Cindys baby girl just to name a few... So I think{hope} that we keep getting these great stories from WW.. Thank you WW for writing such great stories.

Jon

666iceman666icemanabout 4 years ago
Hide in plain sight never to be found

As for the part at the end of this story, it leaves us still at a loss about Laura, when and where in the future does she leave or exit stage right. Also there are many more of his children running around out there to fill a load of chapters along with their mothers.

Also like the remark that he will not be seeking re-election next term, means a possibility that McGintys papers that the IC has hidden are about to be used to bring one bad ass person down. How many more to go using those materials?

Dons mothers upset with the ICs uncle was it not due to the fact that she fancied him first but was rejected or felt rejected when he fathered Cindy. leaving her with the ICs father who was the one on the subs bench all along. Being already married to Dons dad it might as well just became convenient to stay with him. She was not happy with his religion stuff he was involved with.

It was good to read the way that the angels and the IC backed up Tanya and the icing on the cake when the SA in charge turned up and spelt it out in no uncertain terms, good old Jack

Another 5+* WW Thank you and await the next set of tales from TCPD. Iceman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This has gone beyond one'man story

You started this saga revolving around one character and now with all foregrounds, dose not look as the case. The door has opened and roads are going in different directions. How and where to follow will depend on your mood of the month 😁. Great series. Thanks WW. Hope to hear more from you soon and best wishes for your health.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanabout 4 years agoAuthor
Comments on the comments

Thanks for the kind comments, especially from the Harry Chapin fans.

I don't think I've boxed myself in, as I have most of the IC's future mapped out, all the way to his death. I'd already presaged that Donald David Troy would be the Third Iron Crowbar. There's still a lot out there to write. The only regret I have is saying that there would be no more MOVs until Carole gets hers, as I have a great story coming for that, too.

So stay tuned, some good story arcs (at least I think so) to come...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow!

Lovely great ending...

If this story ends here, I for one won't complain

But I seem to recall that a certain someone promised us the tales of the next Iron Crowbar (Carole Diana Troy)...

So definitely more is to come...

But I think I may understand why u choose this ending,what with this pandemic..

No one knows tomorrow ( I might b wrong)

Anyways,thanks so so much WW for sharing ur amazing knowledge with us...

U will never understand how much impact ur submissions have made in my life

THANKS

...Godian...

pk2curiouspk2curiousalmost 4 years ago

Very cool WW . You're musical references throughout have been amazing . But none not more so than this final one . Harry Chapin's " The cat in the cradle " . So relative . GR8 series . Loved it . Can't wait to hear about the amazing Carole .

Thank you sir . You are very gifted .

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Next story submitted.

The next story, "Balance of Power", has been submitted and hopefully will be published soon.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Another great side story in a way although slowly edging things forward. Thoroughly enjoying this series.

DUBLXLDUBLXL8 months ago

Very heart touching in a proud way. I can’t stop reading daily from your writings. Well done.

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum8 months ago

Excellent story. If Don gets to 82, Laura would have been 97. That an old age even in this time period.. Jim being a 4 star general at 51/52 years is amazing. He would be Joint Chief Amry at 48/49 if he is now going for director of CIA after Joint Chief post. Good for Ian and Susie becoming Senators. Tim is a chess master. Tom future unknown at this time. Tasha becomes a singer. It appears that Carole nor Susie have children.

I predict that Greta comes back into the story.

Oh I almost forgot what I was originally going to write this comment about. The sandstone slabs with gold. Sandstone is not a very strong rock. With the 4x4 slabs were released from wall fell to ground the thin layer of sandstone should have broken or at least cracked

chytownchytown6 months ago

*****Thanks for the read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES