All Comments on 'Ch. 5, Retribution'

by H. Jekyll

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
francemanfrancemanabout 2 months ago

It's simply called domestic violence and carries a prison sentence of several years.

Millions of women around the world are abused, and hundreds die every day.

This fiction is reality for many.

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 2 months ago

What an interesting turn off events. Almost is abuse except for the caveat of giving her a choice. It is extremely interesting because in the beginning the wife was the abuser and now the show is on the other foot now.

Thank you for writing

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 months ago

Hah! I was just a couple of days ago discussing ‘The Sun Also Rises’ - in a completely different context, something to do with bullfighting and Pedro Romero, etc. What an appropriate application of the quote “The world breaks everyone…”. John is clearly finding strength at the ‘broken places’. Some definite parallels to Alice and Henry’s resolution from ‘Fantasy’. I look forward to reading the next installment. Thanks once again.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 months ago

This was difficult to read, but worth the effort. Jekyll had Hyde's help when he wrote this one. Emotional and well done.

nickbgbnickbgbabout 2 months ago

As somebody who also has an interest in BDSM I found the punishment scenes to be a turn-off, particularly that first one. Drawing blood was bad enough although not completely impossible in a first time situation with novices, but his blatant disregard afterwards and lack of simple physical care for Laura… No. And don’t use a flippin belt (go online and order a crop/cane/flogger, it’s easy enough). Added together it belongs in the abuse column, not punishment. So a good story lost a star or two right there, unfortunately.

><><><

I have to return to a recurring question, for me at least. Laura is genuinely repentant and a changed person at this point there is no denying that. However, for a story that has described emotions so well I think it’s glaring that they as a couple have never spoken in-depth about the affair. The therapist’s suspicions regarding Laura‘s submissive tendencies may or may not be true, but that doesn’t explain the crush/emotional affair for months prior to things becoming physical with George. Restoring a sexual connection by the end of the story doesn’t answer that question and bring about true healing/learning.

><><><

I am conflicted. The descriptive writing is pretty excellent throughout, yet this last chapter left a sour taste. And no, it’s not because they have reconciled in a fashion. Rather it is how they got there and that things feel rushed or overlooked. I almost have more sympathy with Laura now; she’s clinging to the concept of a family life more than John, and would accept abuse to ensure such. I really don’t know how to rate this chapter but it certainly would not be a 5.

nickbgbnickbgbabout 2 months ago

@payenbrant - The outside appearance of having a choice doesn’t preclude something from being abuse. What we saw from John and this final chapter was intentional cruelty, which simply isn’t comparable with a wife being so consumed by an affair that she began to fall out of love with her husband. This isn’t one of those stories where a spouse made the other sitt in a chair and watch, ensuring that the emotional/psychological wounds cut as deeply as possible. To summarise: John became an abuser, Laura now suffers with panic attacks and the therapist did a poor job.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWantedabout 2 months ago

Well written, defiantly went to the dark side. Beating her ass that many times (to me) was over the top. This being a story, I can think that and still believe half of what was done would have been better. She broke him, he broke her. Can they move forward?

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 2 months ago

Good final chapter. It is a reconciliation except when it is not, but then the failure of reconciliation seems the to be the beginning of a new and acceptable norm.

The story exposed intentional spousal abuse which normally should result in divorce and incarceration. But in the context of the story the abuse was cathartic for both Laura and John, and was short-lived.

Hopefully Laura will grow to be less submissive to John, because in the long run, husbands find it hard to love women that they cannot respect.

I am still trying to decide between a 4 and 5* for this chapter.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

Had to stop reading it...

pepepilotpepepilotabout 2 months ago

I'm not even sure what to say. I do agree with many that this was so over the top, that I almost stopped reading it. What he did was just plain and simple abuse and that is something that I can't hold with. The premise of the overall story was spot on, but this chapter was it's downfall. For me, this chapter rates (and I think I'm being generous) no more than two stars and degrades the whole story to 3 stars..

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 2 months ago

You don't have to 'reply to this comment' - just know that I'm still very engaged in this story - and I'm hoping for a wonderful finale!

knoxhardknoxhardabout 2 months ago

re: Franceman (first comment) - In the USA, women commit more acts of domestic violence than men. And by far the majority of violent abuse against children. It is true that men are more likely to put a woman in the hospital, but only by a small percentage (estimate IIRC was 57/43). Only half the story ever gets any coverage.

And women victims have lots of societal support and the law to back them. Men victims have no such support and, in many places, a legal presumption that he should be locked up if a woman batters him on the assumption that he must have done something to cause her to abuse him. No, I'm not exaggerating.

nickbgbnickbgbabout 2 months ago

@knoxhard - I’m not sure what that has to do with the price of fish here. We have a confirmed case of domestic violence (both physical and coercive control), and the victim was a woman. This wasn’t D/s, it was malice without consideration/remorse.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 2 months ago

You may not like to hear this. When the story began, I thought it was really going to be worth reading, even thou I really don't believe that stories should be published in parts. I still felt the story was worth reading. I started after part 4 "Ch.4" by going to the beginning. Long stories don't bother me as much as segmented submissions. Until this submission I was scoring it a high 4-stars even with the story being broken up the way it was. This last part was a very big letdown. This segment seemed to be written for the soul purpose of getting a good rating from the readers that are never satisfied unless the cheater is burned at the stake. I really wanted to give this chapter or part 1-star, but because of the first 4 I raised it to 2-stars and would rate the story overall as a 3-star story instead of a high 4-star story. There is a fine line between being assertive and being sadistic. This last submission has blown way past that fine line and I'm afraid this brings the first 4 segments down with this last one. A good man wouldn't turn into what you turned John into without a traumatic brain injury. If you would have stopped moving John in the direction of always thinking he may have had some roll in what happened for her to accept George's dominance over her and instead let John realize his wife was the one who changed. John could have regained control in his marriage simply by becoming more assertive, instead of becoming a sadistic monster. Write for your main character, not the small segment of readers that will always knock you if you don't go radical and BTB to the ground. Forgiveness may not work in many cases but why would anyone put themselves thru the pain of going to counseling, of trying to reconnect, if he really wasn't willing to forgive.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatabout 2 months ago

Awful … this is going downhill fast. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just god-awful. You turned it into a story that should be in either Fetish, BDSM or Non-con. A complete cesspool of a story. You wasted all our time. One star ONLY because negative stars aren't yet available.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

So he's just taking back this used up whore, of course he is

Deusx2222Deusx2222about 2 months ago

I like that John realized that both of them had problems that had to be resolved, but he came to the realization only after putting her down again and again.

I may be getting it wrong, but the little part with Melissa kinda gave the impression she also cheated or still had an ongoing affair, dunno how to explain...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

For fucks sake, put this turgid tale to bed and stop with the underlining.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It would be kinder to just kill her. Less damaging to him, also.

/

ZK

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 2 months ago

What a huge disappointment. Iam sure no one's going to agree with me but that has never stopped me before from saying what I think. This story went in the exact direction that I knew it was going to go -- and that's what makes it so disappointing because the main issue was never dealt with.

.

I guess at one level I understand the submissive angle that the author wants to put into the story and the husband's brutality but quite frankly it doesn't work. First of all the brutality is over the top. Instead of dealing with the main issue the author here is attempting to throw mud on the husband and turning him into some kind of Nazi. Up until now husband had done nothing wrong at all. But since this is

clearly headed for a Reconciliation the only way thatvxan works is if the author throws mud on the husband to destroy his up until now innocent character. Because the story is destined to become a Reconciliation the turn of the story here which destroys the husband's character.... it also ignores the main problem with the marriage and the wife's affair.

.

The wife while engaging in a 6 month-long affair intentionally hit her new found sexuality and intimacy from her husband. It's bad enough that the wife was caught up in the excitement of the affair and the new sex with george. But in this case the wife actually considered her husband while she was having the affair and intentionally decided to not involve her husband.

.

There is no other way to say this. This is intentional and massive rejection of the husband as a man and as a partner in the most diabolical emasculating cruel actvthat a wife can do.

.

And it is completely missed and never talked about in any way whatsoever.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 2 months ago

Violence against women is the refuge of the loser.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Rough; I like to think that I wouldn't, couldn't do what John did, but he is broken. There is enough left of the good John that he saved his soul when he stopped inflicting pain on her and maybe there is hope for both of them. 5*****, though the physical punishment of her was tough to take.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Why?

What is the advantage of having her back?

When she said in the last chapter that she only thought about him to get around him so she can be with George you just knew there was no way back. She was in love with George and she didn't love John. Probably never had.

The only way forward was to kick her out, find a new good woman who would love him, have a couple of kids with her and live a happy life without her.

You made a fatal mistake by marrying a shallow woman - own up to it, learn from it and move on.

Living with a weak slut who will never truly love you is not an answer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Worse and worse. More and more waste.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

So he went psycho for a few days then just forgave six whole months of cheating...George was also looking at that C-section scar when he was cumming on her belly

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 months ago

I liked it because you revealed John for the abuser he always was but was too cowardly to indulge.

They say war doesn’t refine character, it reveals it and his is on display: violent, hurtful, deceitful, cruel and capricious. John is a bad husband, a lousy father and a hypocrite.

George might have been a cheater; but John disguised his true nature behind a cloak of smug self righteousness. And it doesn’t matter if he stopped hurting his wife, he is and always will be an abusive piece of shit.

I hope he eats a bullet.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 months ago

Whoo! Hard to read but well written. Full marks for this chapter.

I'm still frustrated about Laura though. She is one big WTF? conundrum.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

True loving parents and a wonderful environment for children.

And then they say divorce is wrong. 🤣

remedy27remedy27about 2 months ago

If you were going to do the RAAC as predicted, just have him sleep around without her permission instead of turning him into a wife beater. Incredibly unsatisfying. You completely dropped the ball on this one. 1 star.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 months ago

Whar a way to destroy a fairly descent story. But your premise is that John changed -- into something worse. But I think the change was quite realistic. Yeah there are real good people who turned into monsters abd a lot of them can be found in the military. But sorry I am nit a BDSM guy so I skinmed a LOT to the end. Sorry @H. Just not my cup of tea.

francemanfrancemanabout 2 months ago

@knoxhard. It's not about comparing or opposing men and women.

A victim is a victim. And the perpetrator should be severely punished.

Here it's clearly abuse and completely opposite to BDSm games where normally there are time limits and rules.

skruff101skruff101about 2 months ago

So breaking it down to its core components she’s a long term cheater and he’s a closet sadist, what could possibly go wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

One wonders if HDK lives in the same world as the rest of us

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfourabout 2 months ago

That was difficult to read. I think that whipping to the point of drawing blood was excessive.

I can see why someone would feel that way. The pain of this type of betrayal would run deep into the soul. It still is a well written story and its intensity has not been diminished at all.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

I was expecting this after the last chapter, but not to this degree. Nor was I expecting it to end so completely. I'm not sure that it should end so completely, at least not all of it. We still don't know Laura's reasons for having the affair other than some sort of combination of sexual repression and latent submissiveness and I think holding off so long on her side of the story has been a mistake as it doesn't really provide context here to what is going on.

<>

I also feel like your chapters are bit too self contained sometimes. Like each one represents a different arc in the relationship with a start and a finish, or as my wife would say "Every relationship goes through seasons", except maybe not this fast? The overall fallout of the adultery is threaded through each chapter, but sometimes it's hard to see how each chapter builds upon the last. Assuming you have SOME idea of where this is going and you're not just pulling it out of your bum every day to post something, then a little more time spent foreshadowing would be well suited and a little bit of revisiting previous themes would be warranted in order to make each chapter read less like a self contained capsule.

<>

Anyway, generally still enjoying this and I hope we get some illumination on Laura's mindset soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not sure about this chapter. I think it went way too far off the rails into abuse. But in the context of the entire story I will withhold final judgment. But I am also feeling like the author is needlessly dragging the story out....I hope it wraps soon. More doesn't equal better.

Escape_WithinEscape_Withinabout 2 months ago

I am disappointed. Which is a good emotional response so this chapter has great value in that regard. I am grateful to nickbgb and payenbrant for bringing up the "lifestyle" or bdsm element. In greater part I agree with franceman. Where does intimidation end and submission begin. Is there a difference? If I do not do this act I forfeit. I am already doing something wrong and feel guilty. I might be referencing something else but I remember "George just made me" in an earlier chapter. To that reference and the end of this chapter it is rape. Both George and subsequently John are rapists. I was curious about bdsm decades ago. Local boards had an underlying thread of party A did party B wrong. The dom's were managing their anger by taking it out on the guilty subs. I am a gentle pacifist and do not believe in violence. It is necessary and if you can't walk away then use the 22 cent solution. Using the permanent solution on either oneself or the source of the problem to make it go away. I also found through study of pain behavior that seeking out pain is looking for a fix of endorphins.(IMHO) Adrenaline junkies and endorphin addicts can get so much more from a syringe. Please explain (directly or indirectly in a tale) the difference between submission and intimidation. I am giving this chapter a 5 as well.

GardenshedGardenshedabout 2 months ago

Well written, didn’t care for the punishment, but I think it was a way to release his frustration and anger. The emotion that it brought while reading was strong, it made John’s realization that he loved Laura .

Thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nope, he ends up a worse person than her, which I didn't think was possible. Both are pieces of trash.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The same as so many of your other stories it is astounding the low scores, how do they rate a story? simply because it involves RAAC or BTB, They obviously cannot see quality writing and the thought that went into the story. 2M needless to say the usual amount of gold to you thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Someoneother comments "hopefully Laura will grow to be less submissive to John, because in the long run, husbands find it hard to love women that they cannot respect." So, does he think John somehow gained a healthy respect of her for fucking George for months, freely giving George pleasures she vehemently denied her husband?

This is a really unbelievable ending. While the writing itself is commendable, the reconciliation is rushed and without a reasonable foundation. While the single scar is a reminder of 1 good memory, her entire body screams that she'd let someone else use it for MONTHS!! It would have been believable if John had simply gone on beating her when the urge hit him. Fuckingvher mouth whenever he wanted to get off and assfucking her on a whim. All the while looking for her replacement. With any luck, she'll take the George option and remove the need to follow through on the divorce.

While Andy seems a stand up guy, I would like to hear about his arrest and subsequent findings of not guilty by reason of temporary insanity for the shooting death of his cheating wife and her boyfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Gotta say…..this Part let me down. Not the writing…still top notch. But tne plot direction. He DID turn into an asshole. And why the FUCK dis she want to stay with him after all that shit he did to her? (Scratches head over and over…)

.

I score mainly on how I liked the story, and secondarily on tne writing expertise. So based just on where this plot went….even though it probably was pretty realistic…..

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well you took a good story and turned it to crap. I can see why she cheated you can't hide evil I think in real life he would be in jail . Meanness takes over your soul .I heard so many people say I just couldn't stay my spouse turned so hateful and mean after the affair and would never let it go. No matter how I repented and changed. Once you decide to try to make it work you have to be good to each other to try to love each other not beat the hell over and over out of the cheater. The cheater will hate you in the end.living in fear of what's coming next is not love.And the kids would know she was living in fear .I grew up in this house and I can say this is not love .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Too long and drawn out and started to become ridiculous

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Still cuck rubbish.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 2 months ago

He should have been arrested and jailed for spousal assault.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNiceabout 2 months ago

Wow! This did take a turn. For me, this went from a 5 star story in chapter 3, to 3 stars in 4, and now 1 star. I still think the writing (flow, dialogue, etc,) is good, the plotline just went off the rails for me, personally. The primary point that set this story well above others (and evident in almost every comment that was positive) was the realism of the story. Up to chapter 3, this felt like something that really happened. For me, that is now gone. The plotline that a lifelong nice guy would shift gears and take pleasure from being abusive does not work for me. People don't just change who they are, even after being traumatized by betrayal. To be fair, BDSM stories are not my thing, any more than willing cuckold stories. The result of this turn? Halfway down the first page of this chapter, I started skimming. Yeah, if I am not bothering to read the writer's words, you have lost me. I still wanted to see how it turned out, and the interlude w/ the fight was decent, but the ending really didn't have enough of a payoff. The writer did add some realism at the end, where John says that they are both screwed up enough to need more counseling, and as written, that is certainly realistic. For me, for a reconciliation story to be reasonable, I have to feel some sense that a repetition of the original betrayal is unlikely. This story seemed to attempt to deal with that by suggesting that John will just be dominant enough to keep his wife's desire for submissive sex sated. However, that really seems to me like the minute he is nice to her, she is looking for her next dom boyfriend. Not much of a resolution for me. Still, some good writing was in this storyline for the first few chapters, and Jekyll should be proud of his writing skills, just couldn't bring the story home.

SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 2 months ago

This was a really difficult read, but apparently unlike many other readers, it still worked for me. John's process of expressing his anger by humiliating and punishing his wife using not only physical force but emotional blackmail was hard to work through, but I think it's exactly on point that he ended up exhilarated after the altercation at work and his suspension, as it's the point at which he truly stopped feeling like a victim who had no control. His control over Laura was artificial and self-damaging, so taking back control of their social lives by pushing back on the bullying and preparing for public date nights where he vows to protect them both ends up being a much healthier balance. Really emotionally complex and well-written.

francisa123francisa123about 2 months ago

Whilst I don’t condone violence, I am somewhat surprised at the comments. To me this is consensual to a large extent. She doesn’t have to stay with him and isn’t it more an absolution of her sins? I quite like the way the story tacks to be honest. Makes a change from the cuckold just having to accept and make up! 5 stars

patilliepatillieabout 2 months ago

Hmmm, reconciliation process is not as dramatic and exciting as the cheating reveal and fall out. The bdsm or torture punishment of laura was not appealing in any way, sorta made me sick. I get why it was in there, to contrast with him changing his approach to a more understanding a nd loving one, but it was distasteful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is just justifying abuse.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 2 months ago

knoxhard, what a great way to tell us you condone domestic violence without saying it. You are excusing or dismissing domestic violence against women by quoting unsubstantiated and unverified "statistics" to claim a ridiculous case of whataboutism.

Fuck you, you misogynist piece of shit. The world will be a better place when you leave it.

MwestohioMwestohioabout 2 months ago

You are an excellent writer. A difficult but rewarding read

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 2 months ago

First chapter I read was #3, and then I went back and read 1 & 2; this series started out very well, but it slipped in #4, and just plain cratered in this one.

.

Chapter 3 seemed very realistic to me. Some complained that he fucked his wife after he found out about the affair, but really, what percentage of cheated on husbands immediately stop and never again touch their wives. What percentage of cheated on husbands immediately cut all ties with their wives, and never speak again except through their lawyers? Those things happen a lot in LW, but I would guess not so much in the real world. And, after a couple of weeks apart husband and wife were back in the same house, even if it was extremely strained for awhile. To me, that seemed very realistic.

.

This chapter? George was dead, so John couldn't take revenge upon him, and thus, unable to beat up George, he beat up his own wife. Sorry, but that's not a strong man, but a weak one, and he will always be a weak man.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 months ago

Strong, emotional and real. A 5* story.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 2 months ago

Wow... yep, it was dark! Well done, just dark!

I wondered, per your question in the story, why did Laura stay? Here are the reasons: George is dead, and frankly, would never have been her life partner, they were just living a fantasy behind their spouses back; she has 2 kids that, apparently, she very much cares about; she realizes that her stable and rational life (the thing with George was a fantasy and they both knew it) is with John - assuming she can keep that alive; and finally she has some love for John, just not as much as she once believed. Given the choice of keeping the real, valuable portions of her life or traveling off in shame into the unknown, I would think any rational person would choose staying.

I think a bigger question is why John would want her to stay. The story gives some answers there: to punish her! Of course John has a lot of anger, and he can no longer lash out on George. And he has his kids who want and need their mother. That puts him in a tough spot: how does he reconcile? I'm sure that without the kids in the picture, he would be done with Laura. Not surprising that he wants his measure of revenge on her.

The question you asked is whether John is changed. Yes. Even discovering that Laura was unfaithful changed him. Finding out that it was for 6 months, that it was (for Laura) the most exquisite sex she has had, and it was the reason that his sex life had tapered off, all worked together to change him. That George took himself out of the picture changed him. I would be angry too! Unfortunately, all that anger that has created a monster, or demon, or both. I n my mind, what we're seeing with John is him cracking under the pressure, and his anger is getting the better of him. And then we see his better part regaining control: he will no longer be punishing her.

Even though John seems to be gaining control, he's seriously changed. What Laura did can't be undone. No matter what he does, John can't give Laura the illicitness of "cheating" sex that fueled her 6 month tryst, and he must face the fact that those 6 months that Laura stole from him were the best 6 months of sex she ever had.

Truly, this is a very well done, realistic story. Just wow!

Dlh143Dlh143about 2 months ago

Ruined the entire story with your unwarranted RAAC ending. I wish I could change all the rating to 1, or you could do us all a favor and delete the whole series..

AmbulAmbulabout 2 months ago

MormonJack. Thank you for a wonderful analysis. I could not agree more. Some readers thought that John’s violence toward Laura was way over the top. But reading the story carefully, it is clear that John really felt a loss of control and that his manhood was under constant threat by Laura’s misguided attempts to (finally) give him what she had so willingly given her lover, George. The short period when he beat her quite badly was a way of taking unmistakable control while thinking of George. In a sick way it was thrilling. He even fantasized that when she (presumably) left he could find someone who really enjoyed being sexually abused and beaten. Thankfully, John realized that he didn’t want to punish her any more and did not want her to leave, but that they both needed more professional help. The author has created real people, with serious flaws and real emotions. I like how the author took John through several coping stages, none of which were fully satisfactory, until he finally regained some control and accepted that they could not do it on their own if they wanted to preserve at least a semblance of their marriage and family; therapy was something he earlier rejected, but now realized was absolutely necessary for both of them. The author respected the remarkably realistic characters he created and handled love, betrayal, and what ultimately was at stake in a manner that avoided simplistic BTB “solutions.” He recognized that some kind of reconciliation was not necessarily a kind of “weakness” as some readers would have it, but showed great strength and finally, a willingness to confront, not avoid, the hardest challenge in their lives. I really liked how the author handled the entire story.

AmbulAmbulabout 2 months ago

Dlh143. Thank you for your insightful analysis. Apparently you did not find the story to your liking and felt that was sufficient cause to tell the author to delete it. If only life and writing were so simple. I see that you have not written a story. I am looking forward to your superior production which reflects life in all its simplicity.

cyendreycyendreyabout 2 months ago

I like the step back from the abyss at the end, honestly that is what saved this story just as it did the two MCs.

Honestly though, they both need help. She was hit with a trifecta of traumas, her affair discovered, her ex lover’s suicide, then hey physical and emotional brutalization by .her husband. Like many abused spouses, she rationalized the abuse by believing her prior actions justified the abuse. The trajectory they were on would have seen her dead, as quickly as the abuse was escalating.

They both have a hard road to travel to get anything like sanity back. John’s sudden remorse is as trustworthy as that of any abuser, which is to say not at all. In terms of risk, his breakdown is more dangerous to them both. He literally CAN NOT be trusted to maintain his restraint in a moment of impulse and they both need to realize she is in danger until John get’s some very serious help/intervention.

Yes, it’s all a fictional universe, but the scenario you’ve raised is one that in the real world seldom (rarely) has a happy outcome short of physical separation with a lot of distance. Tragedy is far more common.

AmbulAmbulabout 2 months ago

Cyendrey: Your knowledge is much greater than mine, and what you wrote makes a lot of sense. It leads to a question (within the context of this story). Given that John’s outburst of violence was not sustained for any length of time, does that make a difference, especially if he gets the intensive help he clearly needs, for the reasons you gave? And again, within the context of this story, do you think that both John and Linda were so traumatized that no return to any semblance of a renewed and healthy relationship that would be “safe” for either one of them? And thank you for providing a good reason for a possible separation. Simply kicking the wife to the street is certainly makes no sense, given everything we now know about their situation. This is a wonderful story that raises all kinds of important real but depressing issues that have no easy solution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Why would he be sent home for fighting when he wasn't the instigator? If anything the company is opening itself up to a pretty nice lawsuit and hefty settlement for punishing him.

The ONLY good thing about the story is that George killed himself. Now thay's a good one. Also, why would a mother take back the father of her child, after he betrayed him to the point of hanging himself?

If anything the correct stance is to hang him not reconcile, never reconcile.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 2 months ago

I couldn’t finish reading this. He ought to be arrested, sent to prison for spousal abuse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

How sad! Trying to have it both ways. First some BTB then queuing the characters up for a RAAC. This is not likely to please either LW faction. But it's your story. 4*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What the hell is wrong with them? Anyway, the story although dark and his actions aren’t my way, is very well written. It is funny how guys that are cheated on start acting all cruel like the cheating was the result of them being to nice or weak. Not true as the cheating is the result f their partner being selfish, thoughtless and thinking way more of themselves than us true. I would say way over half of the cheated portrayed on this site are way lower in value than they perceive themselves. Also any person with high self worth would dispatch them…. No sweat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This very moment , they are both broken. Did author emphasize this? quoting Ernest Hemingway words ?

Laura is a latent submissive. This is the main reason of her cheating. Otherwise, without doubts, she would be a cold, cruel, conniving bitch. But it seems that really she loves her husband as her man. Their relationship can survive only with John playing the dominant role, taking control, but with love and true care of his wife.,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@escape_within wrote: “I remember "George just made me" in an earlier chapter. To that reference and the end of this chapter it is rape. Both George and subsequently John are rapists.”

/

Absolutely false! The traitor slut ia an adult, and not mentally disabled. She’s foolish, but not low IQ. She has agency. She CHOSE, of her own free will, to give herself to another man over her husband. Now she CHOSE to be completely obedient to her husband. She can leave at any time. Just because she doesn’t want the consequences of that choice, doesn’t make it rape!

/

She wasn’t raped by George, she chose to commit adultery with him. She’s not being raped by her husband.

/

The traitor slut’s current situation is simply this: she had a post-modern, feminist marriage with a man who was submissive to her, and let her set their sexual boundaries. She took advantage of that, betrayed her husband, and abused him. In consequence, her husband declared that marriage over. She can either go her way alone into the world, or choose the new marriage he proposed. Which is the antithesis of the previous relationship. She now has an Ancient, Patriarchal marriage, in which her husband has absolute authority, and control. HE sets the sexual expectations. She has promised him unconditional obedience and respect. This is her choice. No one forced it on her.

/

To all the posters who are freaking out about the relationship dynamic, how arrogant of you to believe that you are wiser than all of human history and culture up until 100 years ago. What she has now finally committed herself to IS THE DEFINITION OF MARRIAGE!!!

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I think this "jumped the shark". You had previously felt with the emotion very well. Now you have a pair desperately in need of mental health. Her for staying and him for the abuse.

I really don't know why either are staying in that marriage. I even deeply think about the "cheaper to keeper" and her need for financial support she may not get from the divorce. I can't read anything saying that is the reason.

Is this love????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

If this were real world situation, I would hope she go to authorities,

Once a cheater or abuser, you finish it.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 2 months ago

I gave this episode only 2 stars because of the violence and out of control behavior. I know, this is part of the development of the whole and I feel could have been handled differently. My shortcomings. I will finish the series and expect to be entertainied. Thanks

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 months ago

and still the cuck stays with her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

5 s for the first 4. 1* for this one, hope it gets back to 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Naw. You lost me, a very loyal reader and vocal supporter under my Lit log-in. Poooof... gone like a fart in a windstorm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Yeah maybe a bridge too far....that was hard to read and wasn't very insightful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Someoneother has an opinion that once again is meaningless in respect of the story. Where does this talentles moron get off telling better authors what is wrong with their story?

Tomh1966Tomh1966about 2 months ago

Cant stand him beating on a woman. Did not rate and stopped reading after he beat her ass black and blue.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 month ago

Not sure what this accomplished in the long run!

4

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 1 month ago
@annony_03/31/24

“DEFINITION OF MARRIAGE?” Nah, it’s the definition of alt-right human slavery. Well, I now know who you vote for. The world would be a better, (and much smarter) place if you suffered from high-velocity lead poisoning.

Have a swollen day.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 month ago

Nowhere near as good as the first 3 chapters. You’re using it.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

I liked it. To all of the nay sayers, you forget the pain he'd been dealing with. Add in that George had killed himself, so he wouldn't/couldn't share John's pain. His pain was real, and he had told the counselor that he wanted to hurt her, maybe even kill her, but not kill her, but rather helplessness. The counselor was the one who suggested he look into Dom-sub style relationship, so he tried it to help him get control of himself, as he was thinking of himself as a "sucker", and he needed to get some strength back. Rather than a Dom-sub, he chose a BDSM style of approach, until he woke up and realized he was hurting himself too. I thought the author did a great job of expressing John's feelings, along with his thoughts. Granted he's still a cuck to a dead man, he is getting his wife to understand things.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll20 days agoAuthor

To Anonymous on April 25th, 2024. People like you are why I wish everyone signed their comments. You make a number of points. I frankly agree with you almost entirely. You get the chapter more than most readers. But we can't have a discussion because -- you're anonymous. You'll never even see my reply unless you just happen to re-read the comments, something very few do. But I appreciate your sending your comment.

HJ

ttt59ttt5913 days ago

That was a tough one. I can see how the monster was living in him and the violence that it brought on, but it was hard. However, you pushed through and brought them to a better place. I don't tend toward reconciliation, but it seems right here. Thanks for writing.

DessertmanDessertman9 days ago

I started off liking this tale but the punishment/abuse was a real turn off.

Overall I rated it 3.

silentsoundsilentsound8 days ago

Second time through and this was excellent! Still full marks.

Laura was simply a real rotten piece of shit at one point in her life. Her husband gave her a purifying fiery punishment that burned a lot of her shit out of her and allowed her penance.

I would like to see a spin off about Melissa Hirsch now though!

Delightful tease author!😆

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 3 hours ago

Turned into pure horse shit. How anybody thinks this fucking moron has talent is beyond me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userH. Jekyll@H. Jekyll
I'm just a guy who loves sex and loves words. I like stroke stories well enough, but I don't often write them and frankly I think that sex can be the curse of sex stories. I write about what sex means to people, how it hurts and heals them, how they are driven by it, how it dr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES