All Comments on 'Change of Rules Pt. 02'

by hotprof1973

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
After all that...

I'm not entirely sure he deserves her!

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Morgan definitely did everything she could to atone for cheating on him and I'm glad they got back together.

His friends giving him shit about dumping her got annoying though. I think most of that could've been chopped in exchange for more conversations with his wife.

The other problem with it was Morgan selling off their house at half price. She basically gave away $300k of joint assets in some bizarre attempt to leave herself penniless. Now they've reconciled, they're considerably poorer after that dumb decision. She could've achieved the same result by putting her half in trust for their son.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Well done. Alvin’s self righteous indignation was definitely getting tiresome. Thank God he had some decent friends. This most definitely was the ‘right’ ending.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Both Of Their Reactions Seemed Overdone To Me

People need to really break down why they are doing what they do. Alvin says he realizes that she was drunk and stoned the night she did what she did so he easily forgave her for that. His big issue was her lying about it, or more accurately trying to minimize it. I would agree normally that the lying is as bad as the cheating, if not more; however, I thought the example of it in this story rang hollow to me.

I think her lying initially it's a rather normal reaction. She doesn't want to hurt him. Yes, she wants to protect herself, which is human. But she knows that once Alvin knows it's always going to be there in their marriage and bother him. For her that night was meaningless. She hadn't intended to cheat, wasn't really into it, and she was drunk and stoned. But she knows that for Alvin (and for most men) it would have undeserved importance, so any sane wife, and yes a loving wife, would try to protect her husband, her marriage (and yes herself) from that.

My wife and I have a very honest and open relationship, but we lie to one another all the time, like even the most honest couples out there lie to one another all the time. The times I may be upset at something unrelated to her, and she wants me to let her know what's bothering me, and I tell her nothing, everything is fine, because I don't want to upset her, and it's not really my nature to vent anyway. Or I might underreport how much I lost playing poker a particular night, out of vanity. Or if she has an acquaintance I'm not the craziest about, I won't let her know that. Or if she takes an interest in something that my more logical mind thinks is not that worthwhile, but that I know she is really jazzed up about, I would still encourage her and be positive about it. Or when my wife tells all her girlfriends that I have a "foot long", when we measured it together one night and she knows damn well it's only 11 5/8 inches. There is harmful lying and there is beneficial lying, and if you're a loving spouse you do the beneficial lying fairly regularly.

I think there is a study that the average person lies like more than a dozen times a day (I forget the exact number, but it certainly surprised me). The question is the level of the lie, and the reason the person is lying that matter.

That's why I found Alvin's reaction to the lying as unrealistic and contrived. I think it wasn't a good example by the Prof. I can see the point the Prof was trying to make that the lying and deceit is as bad, or even worse than the actual cheating (especially for the circumstances in this story), but it seemed forced and contrived in this story.

I thought the wife's reaction after Alvin leaves was overdone too. If I got drunk and stoned and fooled around with a girl, and my wife found out I would apologize to her and try to make her understand that it was meaningless. I would apologize a second, and maybe a third time over the coming days. I can accept her being pissed off at me and needing some cooling off time. However, her treating me like a leper for a year, and not taking my calls and filing for divorce my attitude would soon turn to fuck her. If your love and commitment is not strong enough, after twenty years of a good marriage, to overcome a one drunken night (and it's not a pattern) then what kind of marriage did you have? And my wife knows that I'm a trustworthy person, but if she can't understand that I would try to cover up a fuck up like that to spare her feelings and to try to save our marriage then she isn't a wise person. I would have to question if I want to be with someone like that? At some point my contrition would turn to anger, and I would be the one that wouldn't want to go back into the relationship. One drunken night of fucking up doesn't equate to a year of rejection, and abandonment. And if it did then you really didn't have a twenty year good marriage after all.

Again, in both situations I realize what the Prof was trying to do, it just didn't really ring that true for me. Seemed forced , overdone, and an overreaction by what was presented to us as two thinking and thoughtful people (as this couple is portrayed) would undertake. But in the LW world, I'm sure I will be in the minority thinking that.

timrivtimrivover 3 years ago

OH Morgan, Morgan, Morgan what can I say, Alvin was and still is a pretentious twit, Morgan would be better off staying the hell away from the bozo. His actions toward her were way over the top and he still doesn’t realize he is a sad child having a tantrum, spending a year pouting and still believes he’s right, which of course he isn’t he is actually a total asshat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

this is the best reconciliation story I have read on this site. also the first time I have ever commented on a read - positively or otherwise.

thanks for the effort and for me, please keep writing.

VP

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Long boring RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very Good!!!

I like BTB, but if WE (I am talking to ALL who read this) get destroyed first time we did something wrong, there wouldn't be anyone left, because only peace of shit would say that he/she never fucked-up.

What I am trying to say, reconciliation is THE way providing that there is regret and sorrow for the ending of the union. 5

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 3 years ago
A great story; but for one thing:

Separated, not divorced, he cheated on his wife: twice. Once with Kristy, once with some drunk he picked up.

I’m sure some people think it’s ok, that her actions give him a “hall pass”. It doesn’t. Two wrongs don’t make a right. He raked her over the coals, he abandoned her, he. Abandoned his bows in a fit of self-righteous fury but it’s ok that he cheated? It’s justifiable he had sex with two women, one of which because he was drunk?

Convenient excuse considering her actions.

Lastly: as a man who was a cheater, who fucked women after being married, forgiveness is not and can never be conditional. If it is, it’s not forgiveness.

Frankly, she’s better off without him.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

After 20 years of marriage, one should recall the usual vow of "for better or worse," and be able to forgive a single "worse" that occured while the wife was stoned and drunk.

It seems to me that the wife was far more noble and much better person than was her husband Alvin. Frankly, I would have been happier if the wife had divorced Alvin and taken everything from him. In a divorce, a spouse is not entitled to any part of any inheritance received by the other spouse, and so wife would have been entitled to 50% of all joint property and 100% of her inheritance. Alvin got the money and Kristy and paid nothing for being a true asshole. The "lack of trust" is pure bollocks, as any lies were minor compared to the bigger issues of trying tos ave a marriage after a single drunken/stoned incident. That Alvin took such umbrage proves only what an ashole he is.

So, I view the fact differently than the author, but it was a relatively well-written story, although I think it failed to consider the alternative reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I liked it

I liked how it went. Both were damaged and both needed time to work thing out in their own way in their own time. I am surprised that their son didn't see what his mother was doing and tell his dad. Ya, as far as the sone knew mom screwed up and dad left but a son would still tell his dad mom is close to being suicidal.

I am also surprised that the husband didn't make a bigger deal out of all the lies since they met? Her point was that what she did that fateful morning of lying was what she had done their entire relationship - protect him. He hates lies - period. So regardless of her intent he sort of let that slide. The way he was written I thought he would go all nuts on her and say that was the last straw.

Good story and raac but I still don't see either of them trusting so easily. He would check up on her and she would always wait for the day he leaves again.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Good choice

Good job, story needed a proper ending and you gave it one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Morgan should find a better man. His behavior was many times worse than Morgan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

As far as RAAC goes, this one was....ok. Please write a follow up about Roger and have him use his free pass.

jaythemanjaythemanover 3 years ago
Go Green

It was about a page too long, because of being repetitive, but I mostly liked it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Wow - well done HP! Despite some of the "idiot" comments, I rarely comment on the authors specific plot lines unless they are off the wall and the characters act in a way that is not "real" or consistent with the authors representation of them as the story builds. (GA's recent "February Sucks" story is a prime example of the author going "cross-wise" on this trait.) I just read the first part a bit ago in preparation for reading this story. As I said on the other story, as someone who's been married 30+ years you presented me with a unique situation that gave pause for thought had it happened to me. You stayed consistent to each character across both storylines and the actions of all your characters represent emotions we all have seen in our own life experiences. Bravo and definitely worth 5*! Separate note: You lead in that you aren't trying to teach/preach morals and the story is just that, a story. Stop that! The passion for your personal beliefs and life experiences will bring more passion to what you write. For those of us that disagree with your version - screw us! Most of the top writers in LW have an underlying theme, likely built on their experiences, that gives life to their stories that we readers feel, elevating their score.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Well. I liked the first story as it was left but I enjoyed this one on a different level.

The first one showed Morgan at her absolute worst and making disgusting choices while compounding her vileness with lies and hypocrisy.

This story allowed Morgan to be viewed in a different light, making different decisions and revealed more of her character.

It allowed for her to become sympathetic to a degree and it showed more of Alvin's weaknesses than the first.

This was pretty solid if not very dramatic.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

I can't believed what a self-righteous dickhead Alvin is. Twenty years and she's out the door after she has a drunken and stoned night. Getting real tired of these one mistake absolutes. I like that they were able to reconcile but what he put her through is cruel and heartless. To hell with her feelings as long as he got his "respect" restored.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

5*'s since 6*'s isn't an option. well written, great character development and a long way to resolution but, like life, you have to work your way through it. nice job and a great story hotprof1973

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
REMICK

WHAT SANTIMONIOUS HYPERCRITICAL ARSEHOLE ALVIN IS SHE SHOULD HAVE DUMPED HIS MISERABLE INDIVIDUAL

sdc92078sdc92078over 3 years ago
Inheritance and marital assets

If you are in a community property state and receive an inheritance during your marriage, it is marital assets. If you receive an inheritance prior to your marriage it is not marital assets, but if you then commingle any of the inherited money with marital assets (by buying property and putting that property in both your name and your spouse's, or depositing the money into an account that is in both your names), that money is considered a "gift to the marriage" and becomes marital assets.

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

A well written reconciliation. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting, and the prose flows well.

I'll give it a Lit 5. The main weakness is writing Morgan as so over-the-top remorseful that it began to sound contrived rather than believable. Still, this is a good story, and it's certainly better than the bilge we normally get. I would also mention that the "It's the lies, not the cheating" is a false and tired trope. What Morgan did was horrendous, and as a mature adult she would know where all the actions she participated in were leading (allowing the men into the room, the alcohol, the drugs, etc.). I'm not saying that writing a convincing reconciliation isn't possible, but what she did was actually quite deliberate, and the sex can't be considered something that "just happened". The lies didn't help, but the adultery wasn't in the least trivial.

In any event, thank you for taking the time to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So you RAAC'd them

And you waited 8 months and waded through 5 pages to do it. Not good.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@someoneother, IMHO, "for better or worse" refers to things happening TO you, not things that you do.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 3 years ago
5* - I think RAAC is perfectly justified, even if the guy is an ass

This is the proper way for this story to end. Everybody screws up. Some are big, some are small and marriages of any length have tons of white lies and secrets to promote a more harmonious existence. I think she did a lot of very good things, I think he was a bit of an ass, though he had some very good reasons to be. Overall an excellent finish.

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
This should be a claasic

Of a reconciliation story. I can.understand his actions but the fact he even refused to talk to her about things for like 8 months was a bit over the top,Al was a bit if an asshole. The list Morgan gave him was an interesting touch, but there is a bit of a difference between a white lie told to make someone feel better and a major one,bit as showing he always couldn't tell she was lying it was good.

I think the separation was a good plot point, the first step of reconciliation is realizing that you not only have done wrong but why. Morgan figures out the lies and the shit she dumped on him was inner anfer aimed at him and that the lies were the worst part. Al realizes that his thing with Kirsty ,when he was drunk, was similar to what Morgan did, he also understands he still loves her.

Then the other part is making Amends. For Al it is him facing his own part in things and that he acted badly and in.listening to her finally,and understanding he really didn't understand the depth of love she had for him. She showed it by the fact that she literally sacrificed her own well being to try and make him happy she wasn't an evil bitch but a woman torn by love for him and what she has done.

I liked that Roger and Lana showed him something, that even with a worse 'crime' they could reconcile on new grounds. Al and Morgan are different, bc the level of deceit was different, though w Lana that was date rape she was that wasted.

The key is they are on very different footing, their relationship is now on new grounds, he knows she can lie but also she does so,not to be a lying bitch,but bc she really doesn't want to cause her pain, she understands though that he needs to trust her. I think Al figures out that he has his own issues, that he assumed things too easily and wasn't willing to give her a chance.

This is a very intelligent and well thought out reconciliation story where both parties grow and learn. The author will probably get hate from the anons but that doesn't change how good this was.

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
That was very good

LW is a desert for good writing, but his was a much needed oasis. The writing was intelligent, realistic, and mature. I usually only give 5's for stuff that moves me emotionally, but this got close enough to that to merit the perfect score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Alvin is a

bit of an ass and it was a tad long but really well written.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
all the laws only depend on what state your in

Tenn. has different laws than Hawaii. In Hawaii all monies matter in the case of divorce. His wife got have of the money his parents left him. He moved to Texas in the middle of his divorce. Got the divorce moved there and didn't have to give4 her shit. If it was for the fact he was in the military, and allowed to show that he couldn't come back return. He saved himself the grief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic

Yes I really do enjoy BTB stories . But I’ve got to say my greatest weakness are reconciliation stories and got to say this was fantastic. Yes she did wrong but she did make up for the grief she caused. So please just continue with your great stories they are clearly fantastic and they show how talented you are.

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

The writing here isn't up to your usual standard. But what confused me most is the geography. The only town of Timmins is in North Ontario. The only major city near Timmins is Toronto, a seven hour drive. But you referenced going to Vancouver for a concert, which is across the continent. Few people would do something like that for a concert. Then, when you mentioned East Lansing, I checked out the USA. Closest significant city is Sault St. Marie, a six hour drive. I assumed the main setting for the story was in the USA, but once you brought in Timmins I was confused. It's Shania Twain's hometown, but otherwise there's nothing notable about it. I guess I'll just chalk the geography up to "fiction," and look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
One star deducted for using cliches

Like:

"Rough patches"

"Growing old together"

ManoBlueManoBlueover 3 years ago

Mark was trash that Vegas story was trash.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Oddly enough..

...I enjoyed that well written tale. I say oddly as I'm usually not much of a reconciliation fan, this however started with a one off exceptional circumstance by a historically loyal and loving partner. She surely paid an unnecessary penance and was actually the more likeable character in this story. Good work, well done and thank you.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

I would have to agree. This is the desk most realistic reconciliation story that I have ever read on his site in the loving wives category some may not agree with the reconciliation which is fine. For me it's 5050.

But in terms of the reaiism about how reconciliation might happen in a situation like this.... this story was pretty darn close to a reasonable understandable and realistic reconciliation

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great different story line

What a sad tale of married mistakes. Glad the author allowed his characters a happy resolution.

RSKY54RSKY54over 3 years ago
Well.....

About a year ago as we were driving and discussing a couple who had split after one cheated my wife told me that she would have forgiven me for a one time indiscretion. My reply of, "Why did you wait until I was sixty-five years old to tell me that", did NOT go over very well.

Morgan's big mistake was in her choice of friends. She had to know that Kristy was a slut and what would happen on the trip before they traveled to the concert.

RSKY

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not So Much

Two stars. Might have felt better about it if you condensed it consderably.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Was a good story

But, Alvin was more of a boy then a man. And he is still a hypocrite. Glad he is happy with his decision. Poor Morgan, did she fuck up? Yes. Did she handle it wrong? Yes.

Judging by the way she keeps beating herself up she must be catholic.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Well written story and honestly for the most part I didn't see it as a RAAC. I expected it to turn into a BTB, but you did a great job and quite frankly, the end didn't feel forced.

Really well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
whossie!!!!!!

you seem to related to the present u.s. administration. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I think it works. And why not, . . .

what has either one of them got to lose? Neither are happy being separated, and both are doing their best to understand and forgive the other.

Getting divorced is a great way to end a toxic relationship, but it is a stupid way to punish someone you still love and want. What would really piss me off if I was the husband was the fact that the wife sold the house so cheap. Half price? What a fucking waste, for what?

I don't have any problem with them trying again. Why wouldn't we want two people to find happiness and love in each other?

It was a good story with appropriate drama and a plausible outcome.

Thanks for the effort.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 3 years ago
Good Read

My only criticism is how much time dragged along after it was clear where the story was headed. I found myself thinking, come on man make up your damn mind and get on with it. Having said all that, I enjoyed your story and your style and look forward to your next submission.

012Say012Sayover 3 years ago
I wonder how reconciliation got a bad name?

A long, happy marriage defines who one is. A mistake would shake the belief, but rational people would need to find that happiness again. Personally, I’d be pissed she gave the house away. Five stars, all the way!

matuateneiramatuateneiraover 3 years ago
A very credible and satisfying story

I thoroughly enjoy stories like this one which are about partners working their way through difficulties in their relationship without recourse to things like sophisticated electronics or friends who are ex navy seals. Alvin and Morgan ended up in the end doing what I would have hoped to do in a similar situation. I found Morgan's financial decisions a bit too extreme to be totally credible but she grew up rich so maybe that's how rich people are capable of thinking. All in all a very well told story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pre

Dictable. Not bad but not very good either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A good reconciliation, that had real emotions all around. So when its done right it feels good to read and makes you happy.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Dang it. My thumb hit 2-stars by accident. Literotica needs to allow changes of scoring for just such cases.

I meant to give it 5-stars.

RAAC (well, not really AAC, more like AALOP - After a Lot of Pain). This is perhaps one of the best reconciliation stores I’ve read here. You work through the anguish and healing of the couple. Bravo. 5-stars & Favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thanks for the heads-up preface

Like most of your stories that I've read. Didn't read or score this one. I'll check out your next one.

Rob5373Rob5373over 3 years ago
Always up for a deserved RAAC story

I loved the story. She accepted that she destroyed her marriage and the self I,posed punishment on herself. She deserved to be forgiven. Well done 5*

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 3 years agoAuthor

I appreciate the comment and criticism. One thing, I’m Canadian so the US political comments are wasted on me and other non-American readers. I’m sure I’m not the only one. And the locations are fictional and not related to any Canadian cities of the same name.

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
EXCELLENT 5 STAR STORY

THANKS PROFESSOR!

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 3 years ago

Great story, but the ending felt like we hit a brick wall at 60 mph. Full stop.

meucimeuciover 3 years ago

I don't usually root for reconciliation but in this story with their time apart I think this ended about as true to life as can be. I know of more than one couple who lived apart for a while only to get back together. I really think this writer puts out good stories and definitely works hard to make them easy to read and understand. I wish I had that talent but I guess as much as I like to read maybe even that is a good thing. I gave it 5 stars for being so easy to read and understand.

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago

I used to have a depression. I made hasty decision because by accomplish goals quickly, I felt redeemed.

The story end so well. I think Morgan deserves reconcilation than the other two. She made efforts worthy of a second chance. I also love the story. It reddems the emptiness of the first story.

I give this story a 5 stars

rodryder44rodryder44over 3 years ago

Four stars. I loved them both getting a second chance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Dave69

I stopped !along comments because other ideas used. However I really enjoyed this story. Great ending.

smmhomesmmhomeover 3 years ago
Well motivated reconciliation

A Reconciliation - Well motivated. Well executed. Believable.

Extremely rare set of qualities for a story on this site.

Thank you for a good story.

5*

thedayafterthedayafterover 3 years ago

I thought this a great story but Alvin was a real asshole. No one seems to have considered that the young men used some sort of date rape drug on the women. Morgie's description of what happened in the room when she was explaining it to Alvin in her apartment. It definitely sounded like the women had been given a date rape drug rather than just some alcohol and weed the slipping into semi-comatose by her and Lana sounds more like a date rape drug.

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Excellent

Totally enjoyed this story from start to finish⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

norcal62norcal62over 3 years ago

Yep, you made Al a real asshole from the start. Few redeeming qualities.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Story was a bit long, but interesting. As others have said, Alvin was really an asshole. She's too good for him -- but so long as she's happy now....

LetthatsinkinLetthatsinkinabout 3 years ago

Finally an RAAC story that has a reconciliation that actually makes sense. 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow! The BTB comments aren’t there.

You must have done something really right with this one.

I only gave it 5 stars.

Superb! Well done.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Standard BtB format ..

.. I haven't read the other comments, but I expect that the revenge crowd is foaming with rage that justice wasn't done.

OK, so why is this basically a BtB story? Because Alvin fits to a 'T' the standard male anti-hero, the wronged man out for justice. Alvin has the emotional maturity of a teenager. He's really rather dumb, and an emotional coward. He shuts off, and presents it to himself as being a real man, being tough, being uncompromising.

Poor Morgan, to fit her role, has to be completely guilty, has to be full of remorse and be suffering. Why? Because the only way the wronged husband can get revenge is if the evil woman is still deeply in love, bawling her eyes out. She has to love hm to properly suffer, so that he can get his revenge.

In this story Alvin comes across as doubly pathetic, not because he didn't burn the bitch, but because he's painted as the standard BtB anti-hero, but without the BtB ending. It doesn't fit. That's the structural problem with the story. If you wanted to aim for a reconciliation ending, you needed a different character, someone more like the other husbands who did find alternative solutions to their own dilemmas.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great reconciliation!

5 stars.

Bill

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97about 3 years ago

I cannot stress enough how bad of a story this was in comparison to the first part. Not only because of the reconciliation but there was nothing interesting about this finale. No plot twists, just a sad sack of shit that realized he made a mistake in not at least trying to work it out with his wife.

She NEVER confessed. Even after having the perfect opportunity she doubled down on her lie. He was right to leave her. Having her “confess” this time around didn’t give the feeling of or carry the weight of an authentic confession. She has done nothing to reassure him that something like that would never happen again. Her confession was actually sickening. She was just a bunch of cliches and finally stopped the party when he was going to stick it in, bleak. She could have stopped it at anytime and did not want to. It was actually worse to hear that she did not want him to cum in her mouth but she let him anyway BUT she stops him from fucking her???? Just felt disingenuous.

I guess you could call the proceeds from the sale of the house as a “surprise” plot twist but it just didn’t have the feel of the first half of the story. The first part felt authentic and this just felt forced. I actually wish I had not read this sequel, the first story was perfect.

Slick742Slick742about 3 years ago

I've read a lot of Cheating Wife stories on this site but I have to say I've come back and read this one three times and each time I enjoy it more. In the first part I felt for him and the other guys and was ready to BTB. Part two showed what she went through and the pain she had realizing how bad she hurt the love of her life. SUPER JOB.

GAVE IT A 6 (If I could)

Cito22Cito22about 3 years ago

Great story 5 stars

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

It was OK but Alvin was just too stupid/proud/egotistical and dense. He also never admitted to Morgan how he got the STD and sure seems the County Health STD contact program sure doesn't work.

/

4*, Hooyah

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is how you write a deserved reconciliation. Yes, she cheated during a night fueled with drugs and alcohol. She paid a heavy price and proved she loved her family more than herself. No problem giving 5 stars. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She shouldn´t have been in "this place" period!

The other stuff was just a result of that stupid AND INTENDED deed - which sets her sympathy level to 0.

All the "Bohoo I am Sorry" ( "for being catched" <-! )stuff is just the usual shit that adulterers always bubble afterwards.

For the other two to stick to the sluts... yeah no

But writing was good - you don´t need to like the story to aknowledge good writing style

So no rating because I think that would be unfair to the author

(story 1 - style 4)

teddy00brooksteddy00brooksalmost 3 years ago

one of best i have ever read, thank you soo much. DEFINITELY WORTHY OF A 'HALL OF FAME" SPOT

Poppi123Poppi123almost 3 years ago

Great story. Simple as that. 5+

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

This is so much worse than the first part. In an attempt to make reconciliation you turned the whole thing into a melodrama soap opera lemonade. Just ridiculous self-immolation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

dark2donut2, So far I have seen your comments at least three times. Every single time they were negative. Is your life that miserable that you can't say something good. Maybe once in a while you should try something positive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Most ppl when they read a story they hate avoid it like the plague. Not Dark2Donut who proceeds to “read” a bunch of prof’s stories that are arguably his best so he can bash them. You’re the actual guy from Busted aren’t you? That’s why you’re getting all personal? Anyone with a brain doesn’t doubt Prof’s skill - some of the best writers here have complemented his stories including Saddletramp. Some ppl question his plot choices which can be completely unexpected and not always work for me. He definitely gets reactions which I think he enjoys even the trolls.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Wow this really felt like a slice of real life. Well captured

Fatass47Fatass47over 2 years ago

Home run……#5

ibbunkibbunkover 2 years ago

A good story, but that's a lot of angst for very little sin.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

Well written and strong emotions in the story. I agree that the separation was an extreme action but that was the husband's moral code. In the end, he accepted what she had done but only after the time away. A stronger finish might have been good but I did the same thing with one of my stories wanting the reader to imagine what happened next. If that goal is achieved, it was a good story, like this one!

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Well, I didn't really love it but it was good story. When you look at a break up and divorce really takes a lot of soul searching. Years ago things were a bit different, counseling wasn't so prevalent, if one partner wanted a divorce why hang on? An unusual happy ending for an LW story. Good writing.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

3 stars for the RAAC/CUCK story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked it very much but!! I thought it’s too wordy and long. Glad they got back together as they were both wrong. Her in her activities of getting wasted & letting the guy do what he did... & the lies. Him, for doing what he did with that slut Kristy. However, I would’ve liked to know what happened with her friends & their marriages. And if Kristies’s husband woke up seeing what a cheating slut she is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bitches need to be burned, but not this time. Great job crafting a credible reconciliation. For those who think it's too "wordy", sometimes lots of words are needed when you have real character development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

“Little white lie”? I like the story but Al is a hypocrite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

With editing, this story could've been shorter. However, I'm happy for the happy ending & disappointed that it took him so long to come to start taking her back. Overall, very nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I guess there are a bunch of sick asses on this site if they still want a BTB ending to this story.

In many cases I’m in the BTB group myself, but I can recognize sorrow & repentance when I read it.

They must never heard the idiom “The punishment must fit the crime.”

It took him way too long to come to the realization that by cutting her off & not talking he was worse than she.

Bill S.

LeontheKingLeontheKingabout 2 years ago

I agree with the comments of the gentleman's comments beneath me. Normally I like a BTB story as much as anyone but this didn't deserve that ending and I was happy how it finished.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 2 years ago

C'mon, take her back, take her back, ad fucking nauseum.

One.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not sure how to work through this one. Wife cheats and it goes south quickly from that point. Hubby is not so innocent and appears to be a bit of a sanctimonious jerk. Just couldn’t see his over the top attitude and everything falling off onto the wife’s shoulders.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Personaly

Personally,I don't think he deserves her,he is an arrogant self opinionated arsehole.She must really be down in the dumps to go back to him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked the story. Both parties were wrong - probably Morgan than Alvin. Going to the motel room & doing what he did with Kristie, just no, realizing too late he should've just went home to talk to his wife. However, the disrespect from the lies Morgan told him 2x, moreso than whatever cheating she did, was definitely worse. He's right: you can't have a relationship with somebody you can't trust. Her "lies" in the letter (1st time having sex, his cooking....) was comparatively minor.

Alvin also asked too many people of their opinions - & talking too long about it as he did. He filed for divorce then did nothing about it, except for that 19yo girl. (smh)

Talking about too long - I felt the story itsself was too long & could've/ should've been shortened. However, I found that the writing/ editing was good & story overall interesting ("overall" bec. the unneeded length soured it a bit for me). For both parts, 4 stars. Bob

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

I love this story. I loved the back and forth in Al mind. I love his discovery process. I especially loved that the main characters were human and vulnerable. Kristy’s husband should be banded like a fish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A really impressive piece of writing. No monsters, just flawed human beings. Morgan was a much more likeable and empathetic character than Alvin, and I'm a little surprised she would even consider taking him back, but the heart wants what the heart wants and who I am to argue with that.

LA

Reader2021Reader2021almost 2 years ago

What…. No ‘post nip.’

No Hallpass

I believe Alvin is not a negotiator.

Nor would Trust be…..?

He’s a better man, than I.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzonealmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed this, great story.

Lana and Morgan were both raped. Alvin was kind of an asshole, still I enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked the real feeling that this story brings

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userhotprof1973@hotprof1973
Just to confirm what ppl have been asking: yes "One Last Bet," is my final submission here, which I decided before submitting it. In my life & writing career, it's time to move on from this genre of writing. Other than my dreaded 2nd and 3rd stories (which I know many people ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Change of Rules Previous Part

SIMILAR Stories