Chapter 8: Two Bullets

Story Info
Two bullets different outcomes.
1.8k words
2.71
1.5k
4
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The blessing of death incarnate shot out of the gun with a sharp wail, reaping his soul out of his body, he felt fear momentarily, but lost its form in the face of salvation, his unwillingness was muted by forced acceptance. Alfred was expecting finality, but it never came perplexing him.

False expectations halted the conscience flow of present time for all. The vicissitudes of silence became more morbid with the drops of blood dripping down with a cinematic flow. The dawning situation backed the enlightened Alfred, clear away from gunpoint.

The masked intruder stood defiantly in the face of a probable ending while the sire of his victim viewed the intruders presence as a nuisance since he didn't even take the gun pointed his way seriously. Why would he? His target had a bullet etched in his right arm limiting his movement and reaction time. The sirens were blaring in the distance sparking a decisive resolve between the gun wielding warriors. Their hands warmed up the triggers in preparation of a detonative outcome in their impasse.

The delaying conclusion was witnessed by the vindictive Alfred, the sentimentality he indulged in from his fathers timely arrival, was slowly been eroded by the whispers of vengeance. "What the fuck are you waiting for Dad! Pull the trigger!"

His words rang true. The hymn of annihilation immediately echoed from the barrel temporarily placating Alfred's fears; the chance of his enemy living past today wasn't acceptable. The heating tool of the executioner, dropped down portraying the conflicting emotions of all parties involved in the room, streamlining between relief and discontent.

The bullet had missed by an inch. The masked man was nowhere to be seen, the balcony was vacant of his presence.

Claudia, whom was inflicted with unjustified acts, smiled with triumph, the temporal abuse on her body, moreover the permanent damage on her psyche, ached lesser and lesser as her savior make his lucky escape. The identity of her savior will forever elude her, though suspicions always linger.

Bernard observed the bullet hole on the wall. It was a hallmark to a bloodless closure, an unacceptable denouement to his son's wishes. Alfred's shattered dignity ached to revert to the former, but the glue to its resurgence was out of sight. He hurriedly ran to the open balcony, its entrance easily accessible, but high enough for the intruders failure to endure the height. Though when he peeped, there was no one.

"Why did you let him escape?" Alfred angrily shouted as he walked up to his father, the lifelong chains of fear towards his father were unshackled by unresolved fury, "You had him by the god damn balls, so explain to me dear father, why did you let him go."

Two opposing forces faced each other; the volcanic ashes of the subdued ran deep, and the essence of remarkable stillness attributed itself on the turbulent waters underneath the storm shifting the dynamics of father and son.

Claudia barely hid her body with scanty wear as she walked clumsily leaning more on the reliable walls towards the exit. The sphere of nauseating manliness permeated her growing hatred. The barbaric confrontation was a chance for her to leave this shithole unhindered. "You'll pay for this humiliation," she vowed in heart.

Elizabeth suddenly appeared barring her way, Claudia felt her body ran cold, heartbeats that were steady struggled, its like her blood was clotting. She felt like a bunny in a den of wolves. The three pairs of eyes were concentrated on her, sincerely promised a bitter ending if she doesn't tread carefully.

"Don't try anything stupid, some people might not appreciate what will do to you, though it won't be our fault but yours instead." Elizabeth said as she held Claudia's cheek fondly. "Snitches never have good endings. Make sure you arrive home safely."

Claudia reluctantly allowed the woman to kiss her forehead, it conveyed the surface delicateness of an ashy feather contradicted by it's eerily sharp edges. The Raven always has one eye open.

She ran away from the invisible flames, it's presence masked by familial love, but only made known by forced circumstances. She didn't even ' the persona's of justice passing her by the stairs. The scorching currents were enough to change her priorities from revenge to survival.

The two officers shared a look after the disheveled girl disappeared at the corner downstairs. The middle aged woman sighed then continued walking. The young officer had something to say, he bit his lips afterwards keeping his words to himself.

There were conflicting principal's involved preventing him from interfering with his superior's systematic thought of action. He was a newbie and couldn't make consequential choices. Experience triumphed valor in his line of work, and most seasoned enforcers thought the same.

The mistress of the house was very co-operative with them. It was just awkward to ignore her swollen eyes and other minor signs of abuse. Her husband stood beside her nonchalant, the son wasn't perturbed at all at his mothers injuries. Both the officers didn't comment on it. They weren't here for domestic abuse, but an intruder alert.

The details of the incident were noted down, the couple and their only son co-operated seamlessly. If it wasn't for the glaring details hushed out, destroying a well recorded network of events that were important too track and catch the culprit, the younger recruit wouldn't be in his best façade trying to hide his discontent.

The questioning was hastily ended by his partner to his chagrin. His irritation was similarly shared by the young man looking his way.

A lifetime of a political acumen usually spreads out on all parties involved, and Mr.Rissiel was a schemer entangled by his own talents. His family was made on his own image so the case of an attempted murder towards 'own' son was tyrannically manipulated for his own concealed convenience. His own son had no choice but to follow his fathers example. Though the windows to his soul said something else. Luckily the officer noticed his non-verbal communication

The report was absurdly blotched up. For example, the security camera's were somehow out of service during the break in, the floor was sparkling in absence of the crimson shade that could trace back to the culprit. This was a blatant attempt of fabricating testimony.

The charm of corruption was been waved like a flag in front of his face and their was nothing he could do, but bury his prejudices. However, a missing puzzle in the picture kept itching in Justin's guts, the edges of his principals were too tainted for his own liking in one night, he had to confirm his surmise.

"Mr. Bernard, are you aware of the criminals identity," Justin asked with a hint condemnation in his tone. His partner pulled his sleeve violently. His untoward but appropriate question negatively stirred an already desirable statement of conclusion between Janice and Bernard.

Different tones of scowls were directed to him, they weren't comfortable with him pinpointing the obvious, different from Alfred and his mother who audaciously sympathized with him.

Janice was unwillingly caught between crossroads, enacting a higher level of investigation towards the case was a foregone conclusion that might harm her self interests. Retreating was the best option though the spirit of camaraderie she painstakingly nurtured with Justin will wither.

"I assure you officer, if I had known, we wouldn't be here. Don't we? "Bernard gave Justin an amused smile that wasn't amusing at all.

'That's right his son almost died, it's mental to hide the culprit, Justin mused to himself as he tried to imagine himself in his shoes, 'I'm going around it the wrong way, maybe he wants to end the target with his own hands.'

"Justin we have enough cause to file an attempted murder case, we need to get back to the station for debriefing." She said giving him a look of 'we need to get the fuck out of here. ASAP'

Justin reluctantly listened to her, insubordination was the last thing he needed to be smudged in his profile. He gave one last look at Alfred and departed before his partner.

"That boy of yours is still unripe for his age, make sure you watch him for his own good." Bernard said as he folded his arms across his chest. His eyes were trained on the interloper, "We both don't want a future rogue, I'll leave it to you."

"I'll take that to note," she replied with a fake smile. Inwardly she was cringing from the silent threats. Rogue was a subtle warning to keep Justin leashed. There were paramount matters that didn't need his needless interference, he might receive his due if he crosses the line.

Janice felt out of place so she followed Justin out.

***

When she faced Justin in the car she could feel like the jury had irrefutable evidence for her downfall. She didn't know how to explain or either keep quiet which might not lead to anything good for both of them, but before she could deliberate, Justin took the lead.

"Domestic abuse, falsifying evidence, and lastly, unmistakable hint of corruption." Justin's listed his observations, he needed to articulate everything so that she understands he wasn't merely a background character. "Tell me, how am I supposed to move on from this.

"I can't file a report against any of you since am not that stupid to pork the hornet's nest. I have no one to talk to about this stuff, the department is already deep in that guys pocket.

"They will willingly wipe his ass. So tell me Janice, what am supposed to do with this incrimimating information?"

Janice kept silent after hearing his grievances, the similar position he was in was embraced by her past self. Currently she was caught in a chokehold unable to maneuver through the thorns of the deepest waters.

"I want to help you Justin, it's painful to see you like this. I can't lie to myself or either you about the non-existent guilt I have.

"We adapt to unfavorable circumstances of our own doing, either for the better good or the worse.

"Unfortunately for me it changed me, and I'm disgustingly proud of it. I wouldn't be here if I stumbled. I have a family and I have to resist ignore my own principals for their own well being." Her words were entirely sincere with no deception but Justin dismissed it as a consolation tactic.

"How many have fallen?" Justin asked her.

Janice bit her lip then spoke, "It's dangerous for you to mingle in this matters, but am sure you'll try investigating on your own despite my warning.

Justin just quipped a brow in agreement.

"It's a hive nest of allegiances made by self interests, and survival driven by extortion. I know a couple of them, however they are just a drop in the ocean, Don't ask me for their identity.

"It's a vicious crucible of all kinds of poisonous creatures. So tread carefully Justin. Don't trap yourself in your own perception. Somethings aren't always black and white."

Justin started the vehicle after hearing her out. His thoughts were only for him to know. The luxurious mansion got smaller as they drove away.