Chapter XV: Making New Arrangements

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I wish I were here for that," I muttered under my breath. I knew both women could hear me, but there wasn't anything I could do about that. I collected myself and steeled my will for whatever nonsense was about to happen. "Cher'da, what room is Shari meant to stay in?"

Emilia gave me the same look that Mrs. Johnson did. A look that accused me of being the dumbest man on earth. She then schooled her face into an impassive mask, simply nodded, and started walking. Her legs were bare, and I suspected she wasn't wearing anything under the tunic. The tunic that I had just realized was mine. She was walking fast, and I quickened my pace to catch up. "E-Emilia?"

"Mm?" She asked, not slowing down or even turning to me.

"I... uh... Do you want to do something tomorrow? Maybe go out to a restaurant? Watch a play or something?" She stopped and turned to me, meeting my eye.

"I..." She blushed and took a step closer. "You want to take me out?"

"Y-yeah. I want to get to know you more fully. And live up to being your... Inya Nute."

"I would. I really would like that," the First Maid said in a small voice. Then she noticed Shari watching the two of us curiously, and her shoulders sank. "You have other responsibilities right now, Cel'vin."

"I have more responsibilities," I corrected. "I want to take you out, and I can figure something out for... whatever this is. But this is important."

She looked up at me, her lip trembling a bit. Then it spread into a wide grin. "Let me take care of the details. I'll make it a night you'll never forget. But you have to figure her out. I'm not planning a night for three."

We continued on our way back to Shari's room. It took us a little while to get there, and I frowned when I did. "Emilia... This is my room."

"Yes."

"You were supposed to take me to Shari's room," I said, unable to keep the annoyance out of my tone.

"I did," she replied brightly.

"You... I... You want her to sleep with me?" I watched as both Shari and Emilia grinned. Their features were different. Emilia had large, expressive, soft pink eyes, unlike Shari's sharp, angular blue ones. While they both had high cheekbones, her cheeks were a little more rounded out. But somehow, these women both wore the same smirk. They met each other's eye for a moment and nodded, having somehow come to an understanding.

"I tried to save you from this embarrassment, dear Johann," Shari added.

"Besides, you've already bathed together. You've seen all that she has to offer you."

"Y-you knew about that?"

"Meryl watched you two."

"M-Meryl did? B-but I didn't see her..."

"She's a great sorceress. You thought you'd get any privacy with a potential spy near you?"

"I-I didn't think about it. I... Oh, gods. Help me." Emilia and Shari's grins grew sharper. More predatory. "Em, I didn't; I wasn't trying to..."

"I think what he's trying to say is..." She paused for a moment, then mimicked my voice, "I'm sorry I didn't give you a better show."

"Not for lack of trying on your part, Miss Ahtri," Emilia responded brightly.

"I'm known for my tenacity," the catgirl replied, smiling down at the woman. "Is he always so resistant, though?"

"He can be a little stiff," Emilia responded, eyeing me from the periphery. I sighed and entered my room, realizing I'd lost this battle. They both followed me in. "Would you like some advice?"

"Aren't you supposed to encourage me to stay true to you and the others?" I asked irritably.

"Johann," Emilia said, closing the distance between us. "You took one look at this cat and let her into the castle. You wanted her here. She's here."

"I gave her a piece of turkey. And I thought she was a literal cat! And I never invited her here! She came on her own."

"I've not come at all. Not yet. You'll have to try a little harder for that," Shari said huskily. I glared at her.

"You! I..." I deflated. "I don't want to cause any trouble. I've already caused a lot."

"Then use her to your advantage, Cel'vin," Emilia said quietly. I met her gaze. "She could not tell a lie when we put you two in that circle. She's not here to threaten us. And spies can be very useful. Learn from her. Maybe you'll be less naive and more careful in the future."

"That's different than having her in my bed," I muttered, practically whining.

"I'm sure she could teach you a thing or two there, too," Emilia replied, grinning.

"Is he inexperienced?" Shari asked, closing in on us.

"I'm not sure. I've yet to have the pleasure. There are a few more things I want to do before I let him. But Ryllie and Carmie seem satisfied. I'm just saying that you seem especially experienced."

"You'd be surprised how useful a skill it is."

"Oh?"

"Letting men think they have control, only to steal it at the last moment, can be truly empowering. And sometimes letting them have the control they're so desperate for."

"What about women? And Hinya?"

"I'm afraid I'm as much of the fairer sex as I can handle," Shari said confidingly. "I just don't have as much interest in other women. My preferences lie firmly elsewhere. As far as Hinya, it really depends on what they have to offer. Depending on their presentation and other elements, I may find myself in their bed."

"What's a Hinya?" I asked, looking between the two.

"It's the Elven word for someone in-between or outside of the binary," Emilia answered quickly. I frowned, considering the concept.

"Oh, like people who don't fit either role, right?" I asked, thinking about someone back home who switched their clothes back and forth depending on the day. Emilia nodded. "I met someone like that. They called themselves nonbinary. Is that common?"

"It's more common in Elven culture."

"It's somewhat rarer in my culture. Not that it doesn't happen, but not everyone is kind to those that are."

"That's a shame. People are just people."

"Yes, but many people are terrible. That's why when we find those that are kind, we have to take that and hold it close," Shari said, reaching out and touching my cheek. I met her gaze. It had softened a lot. She usually looked at me as though I were a toy to be batted around. But I could see a soft blush on her cheeks and a small but genuine smile on her face. I looked over to Emilia, who was watching the two of us, considering.

"I've been told recently that whatever kindness I express is naive," I said, reaching up and taking the hand on my cheek in my own. She smiled.

"The world could use some naivety."

"You two have fun together," Emilia said, slipping to the door. "And remember, you're almost certainly being watched. So, make it a good show."

It was only then I realized I was still holding Shari's hand. I retracted mine and she smiled at me knowingly. The door closed behind Emilia, and I sighed. Shari stripped nude and crawled into the bed. "We... uh... we have shifts to wear to bed."

"Johann, I think we're passed that. You've seen every inch of me. I've seen every inch of you. Unless you think you can't control yourself being this close to me." I stripped myself of my tunic but kept my trousers on, trying to not let my lust be too obvious. But it must've been because her eyes eagerly tracked it as I crawled into bed. As soon as I made myself comfortable, she pressed into me and wrapped a leg around my hip.

It's going to be a very long night.

12