Chasing Rusty Parker Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All his friends were impressed with his singing, but Rusty knew very well that he was lacking in many areas. Francine had been the one to see right through his charade. In particular, without anyone else listening in, she had told him that he should drop the clown act, give up on artifice and things that made it look like he was treating singing as a joke.

She was right, of course. But that didn't mean that it worked on him. His clown act, as she called it, was the result of much trial and error and it had turned him into a success. He was the king of Sunny Hill, the beast on the basketball court, the guy who could hook up three times a day if he wanted.

That was his shield, and he didn't expect anyone to understand, let alone Francine. For her, things were clear and straightforward. He needed to work to polish his voice and then try his hand at turning it into more than just a funny pastime.

For him, things weren't that clear. No, things like that could make him vulnerable, open to critique. People worked for decades to have a distinct voice; what business did he have to climb up there and pretend that he knew what he was doing? They'd only laugh at him, because, well, he had to keep telling himself, he hadn't practiced his voice as much as shooting hoops, and it showed.

He turned to one side. Dreams were elusive things, weren't they? It was the same as when he had looked into Matty's eyes, and he had thought he had seen some naked truth for a moment. What that truth was about, he couldn't say.

Ah, damn it, Maddie and Johnny boy were right. Matty might really get the wrong idea if they played so fast and loose with their dicks. But Matty wasn't some girl; wait, no girl actually cared about turning him into some loving boyfriend, what was he even thinking? No, girls came to him because they wanted to have nothing but fun with no strings attached. Also, because they wanted to feel adventurous and have a blast, since Rusty was known to be so inventive in bed. That kind of summed up all he was doing with those girls.

The thought of it seemed, without reason, not as palatable as it had used to be.

The problem was one and only: he was thinking too much. Until Saturday, he'd only think about the upcoming game and nothing else. If he focused enough, he'd get rid of all those annoying thoughts that didn't lead anywhere.

A knock on the door interrupted his convoluted train of thought. "Yeah?" He made quick work of returning the card to its hidden spot.

He wasn't that surprised to see Maddox walking in.

"Did you change your mind about talking about anal sex at length with me?" he joked.

Maddox grinned and climbed on the bed, crossing his legs and putting his chin in his palm. There had been many times when he had envied Maddox for his looks; it was so easy for him with girls. Correction, it had been; nowadays, he was a one guy's man, up till eternity or all those words people used to profess undying love. Yeah, there was that. He and Jonathan both were so fucking brave, getting into it without thinking twice, and without worrying that it might go sideways one day.

"Nah, but I'm here to check on you."

"Why? Are you worried? I thought you were worried about Matty's ass."

Maddox shook his head and let out a mirthful sigh. "Actually, I am... well, not worried about you, but it feels like we haven't talked in a while."

"You're busy with Jonathan," Rusty pointed out.

"Yeah. I guess we might get a bit on other people's nerves."

"Nah, it's nothing like that. You're cute. And you give people boners."

Maddox rolled his eyes. "What's the deal with Matthew Han?"

"We were talking about you and Johnny boy. Don't change the subject."

"No, we were actually talking about you."

Rusty groaned for show and covered his eyes. "All right, I've told you already that I won't play hide-the-salami with the guy."

"After a second look, I have to wonder. Do you want to do that with Matthew Han? Not for giggles?"

Rusty propped himself on his elbows and stared at his bestie. "I assure you, there are no giggles involved. More like moans and you know." He wiggled his eyebrows.

Maddox just grinned. Boy, they knew each other so well. "Come on, Rusty, spit it out. Do you like this dude? A lil' bit more than you should? I know how fogged up your mind can get when you're horny."

Rusty stared at his bestie in kind. "And how do you know that? Have you been paying attention while I was horny?"

Maddox's eyes grew wide at the implication. "Shut up, kinkster. You know what I mean. And what about Slicky Coolplums?" He was biting his lips in an attempt not to laugh out loud.

"Ha-ha, laugh more," Rusty said, without hiding how miffed he was. "Matty and Slicky Coolplums are two different dudes. They should never meet each other."

"Why?" Maddox asked.

"Because they might get jealous over me."

"That sounds like a perfect explanation. Just to make things perfectly clear, are you two-timing your tutor with the cat boy, or the other way around?"

"Neither way," Rusty declared with aplomb, "because neither of them wants to put out."

"Ah, then I feel relieved," Maddox concluded. "Are you sure, though? You're not in any danger of seducing Matty by accident? Or playing with that cat tail a bit too much?"

"No danger," Rusty replied. "Matty told me clearly that he intends to hold on to his V-card until that guy with an Ivy League degree for a shlong appears--"

"What guy?"

Rusty waved. "That's between Matty and I."

"Oh, you two are sharing secrets. Interesting."

"What's so interesting? It's not like you and your better half don't have those."

"We're as good as married. What's your relationship with Matty?"

Hmm, that was a tricky question. Or a trick question? "A very interesting relationship," he said, willing to send Maddox out the door, along with his questions.

"I can see that. Just play safe, and don't break gay boys' hearts in the process."

"Like there's any chance of that. Matty is a totally cool dude. You should see how he puts me in my place when I fail to study."

"I'd pay to see that."

"No chance of that. Me and Matty, we're very private about our private lessons."

"And what's so private about Ethics?"

"It's not the topic. It's the teaching method. Matty doesn't want anyone to steal it from him, even had me sign an NDA, I kid you not."

"I don't know if I should be scared or interested. It looks like you finally met your equal."

"Psh, that's so not how it is," Rusty said promptly.

"Is he your boss then?" Maddox teased him.

"Stop grinning like you know stuff," Rusty warned him. "And you know I have no equal. I'm the king."

"Yeah, right. Aren't you a little bit too used to ruling alone?"

Rusty rubbed his chin and stared at his bestie with half-lidded eyes. "I think there's a joke in there, somewhere, but I don't get it."

Maddox finally got off his bed and patted Rusty on the shoulder. "I trust you to make the right decisions, son."

"You know you can trust me," Rusty retorted. "Wait, didn't I tell you to call me uncle?"

"You wish." Maddox snorted and began walking toward the door. "Game week, right?"

"Yeah," Rusty confirmed.

"Then I'll make sure Jonathan puts you on a diet."

"That's no fun. I'm going to tell mom."

"Gotcha, son." Maddox winked at him on his way out.

Rusty stretched on the bed and considered the situation one more time. Maddox and Jonathan were right. He had to respect Matty's wish to give his V-card to that Ivy League douchebag with a Lexus.

TBC

12