All Comments on 'Cheater's Gallery Ep. 01: Wendi'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 129 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow

I worked as a repairman in SoCal at the time of this story. Not Century City though, more like the South Bay. I remember going down to the Price Club each year to get the new Thomas Guide and my wife would take the old one. Memories....

6yrsofhell6yrsofhellabout 4 years ago
Love it

I loved "Night Gallery" and I can't wait for more from this new series! Thank you for your writing! A real joy !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice

To see Dr. A back with her own series. Thanks.

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

I liked it but so much not answered. Why did she split with her boyfriend in the first place? Why and when did she reconnect? When did her opinion of her husbands position change? I have given a good score but I am left wondering how this seemingly good relationship went south.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story

Imagination, creativity... I like it.. 5 stars, of course.. thanks

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 4 years ago

Well told. Some supernatural help to balance the scales. A fun and interesting story, nothing to grieve here. Thanks for posting. 5 stars.

YouamiYouamiabout 4 years ago
A nice addition to your posse of good tales!

saddletramp1956

I enjoyed the ride. The plot line was great as were the characters. This was an entertaining read with a definite moral for readers and/or would be cheaters. Thanks for submitting it.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 4 years ago
Fun read

A nice fairy tail BTB (burn the bitch) story that involves a higher power who takes the side of hubby and rights the wrongs being done to him by his cheating attorney wife and her scheming attorney father. While the ultimate punishments seem harsh ( the wages of sin is death), and the story could be in the Science Fiction genre, I think LW is a more interesting category with wider exposure for commentary. There is a cheating wife after all. My only criticism is there wasn’t much eroticism and the sex seemed dry and distant. Solid four stars, thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

keep them coming 5 stars

Imoverit41Imoverit41about 4 years ago
Karma is a cruel Mistress!

A tragic start for Joe. Thank God the Doctor was in. Linda was the right Prescription for what was ailing him. Another great ride on the Saddletramp bus! I'll be at the bus stop waiting for the next adventure! Thanks Saddletramp!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Burn the Father-in-law

35 years in prison AND disbarred. So many potential clients and no way to make any money off of them. That’s got to hurt!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

These have gotten to the point where they're just downright boring. If I wanted sci-fi, I'd CLICK ON THE SCI-FI SECTION.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

If she's so well off, why not just divorce him? Yeah, he'll get half, but she'll still have plenty, and her father can replenish her funds.

He's her supposedly happily married husband. Even with the suspicions of the affair, why wouldn't he be in charge of the funeral arrangements?

VinastodaVinastodaabout 4 years ago

Love the Night Gallery reference. Please keep it up.

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsabout 4 years ago
Another Good One

Another good one, thanks for the read. Will definitely pay full price for this one. 5*s

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 4 years ago
Interesting premise and twist in this one

The gallery is indeed an interesting concept. Not sure why Wendi married him instead of the perp in the first place. Dark but entertaining story though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
'repairmen'

We are a lot more than that. Without us, society would literally grind to a halt.

We allow entire cities to exist, without us certain regions are too rugged to exist in, many high affluence cities too. Hell, without 'clean-rooms' there would literally be NO micro chips and high tech. surgical implements. So say good-bye to those things.

Let's not undermine how critical food storage and preservation is in our modern and global economy.

We need to understand air flow, basic physics, electrical circuitry, and good ol' fashioned mechanical know-how. And we can lift. So yea, we're kinda a big deal in society.

Loved the story saddle, full stars. But it's true that plenty of high society types over estimate their own worth, and look down on people with more physical and mental acuity than themselves. It genuinely boogles the mind.

SithLord6969SithLord6969about 4 years ago

Night Gallery read a particular favorite

Your homagé was very worthy

pkmapkmaabout 4 years ago
Very well played - 5

Now you just have to have the famous "In the Twilight Zone" ending added in there somehow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Love Dr. A

Please bring her back. Love seeing the cheaters getting burned. 5*

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Saddletramp

You are good for what ails the LW site these days. An interesting story of good guys winning the battle over evil with a little supernatural help. You have consistently delivered readable and satisfying stories without dropping the standards that your fans expect. This was another good tale, and it's too bad that gallery doesn't really exist. My only question would be, why didn't she marry Carl the first time around? Other than that, another great effort.

FreewheelFreewheelabout 4 years ago
Superbly written and edited

But a little too non-believe for it to work for me.

xtchrxtchrabout 4 years ago
Excellent!

Boy, this could be a great series...especially after this start. I can't wait to read more about this mysterious lady. Thank you for a great and interesting tale....Keep them coming.

moreandmoremoreandmoreabout 4 years ago
Nicely done

Keep em coming

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
End of page 1

Come back with five heavily armed friends if he has a lick of sense

premshankerpremshankerabout 4 years ago
Abnormal

Is it a 'Ghost story ' ... ?

What a fuck

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
So

The fidelity fairy saved the day 🙄

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Good supernatural yarn.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Loved it, another great story by Saddletramp. I love his work.

BigGuy33BigGuy33about 4 years ago

I enjoyed it...

...but I get weary of the 'everything is solved by some supernatural being' plot device. It makes it all come to a resolution a little too smoothly.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Very good! Strangely good.

Many authors would use the mythical aspect of a changing painting as a crutch, but you wove it in nicely so there was more to the story. Good job!

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 4 years ago
Great start

I really enjoyed the mysterious goddess, and the way things were setting up. Then it went downhill really fast - surprisingly fast.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Night Gallery

Nice transition from one Rod Serling classic to the next.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
A winner!

I liked the supernatural touch too!

njlaurennjlaurenabout 4 years ago
Cute story

I liked it,there have been similar stories w the wife conspiring with a parent to franrvot kill the husband,etc. And of course,to paraphrase The History Guy on YouTube (who will often say 'it involved pirates,and don't all good stories involve pirates?),'the cheating story involved lawyers,and who better to have in a cheating story).

I loved the portrait concept,that was neat. And we have a clue about who saddletramp really is, his main character was from Roswell...was ST 'born' in 1947 perhaps? Lol

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 4 years ago
Outstanding

Major kudos!

wrangler61wrangler61about 4 years ago
Enjoyed

Enjoyed the tale, keep it up.

management91399management91399about 4 years ago

I find this a bit more refined than the cheating Zone or Camp series, maybe the format of the old Night gallery show with the caretaker strolling through the gallery lends itself to this type of fiction, especially as the portraits update. So our mail character walks through the stargate (or whatever it is) to confront the cheaters. Makes for a cool short story, in the back of my mind I wonder if the story could have been more entertaining if the Gallery had showed our hero the cheaters but left the resolution up to him. I know it would make a longer work but it would have been cool to see him using that foreknowledge to protect himself.

What puts me off is why this woman married him in the first place and why he had to be destroyed in such a terrible manner. Was it only able the money two successful lawyers could manage to pay off a cast off first spouse, so I find their evil ways a little too comic booky for me. But this thing read smooth and moved fairly well until the ending, I guess I'm a sucker for watching our players go one with their lives apart in the last act of these stories, a quick and painful conclusion lives me less satisfied but I felt the writing in this one top notch. Really sung in those early pages. Well done!

enjayemenjayemabout 4 years ago
I didn't rate it!

I found the switch between real time and spook time a little confusing. I'll go read it again, maybe second time will be the pass

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Saddletrap

I don't know how you can keep turning out all these great stories one after another. I loved this one, as I am no fan of cheating wives, or lawyers. The combination is something to scrape off your boot. Great stoy.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 4 years ago
Another great tale

Thanks once again for sharing your imagination and talent with us - this helps to cleanse the bitter taste that has been plaguing LW of late.

5/5

49greg49gregabout 4 years ago

I like it. Good story, always up for some 'nice' supernatural.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 4 years ago
Goddess of revenge. Gotta respect her!

Nice fantasy. Thanks

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

Magic belongs in a different category! It just takes a tough problem and ... poof, it is solved!

The lazy writer’s way to not have to actually handle the problem! The set-up was pretty good, however.

3*

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 4 years ago

Nice tale... i add to others comments, this is fit for “the Twilight zone”

Zeb_CarterZeb_Carterabout 4 years ago

Holy shit! I don't comment on stories very often but just have to say how great this one was. I look forward to the next one. It was a little bit 'mystical' maybe even a bit sci-fi but it was good. Thanks for a great read. 5* all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Greek Mytholigy

Love how you used Adrestia and named the Gallery Rhamnousia as the carriers of justice for the story. Would like more stories using her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

It's becoming too much of a cliche and over used plot device to turn the asshole characters into paedophiles, far too many are doing it lately.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 4 years ago
Well Done!

I agree with 26thNC - ST1956 has brought some imagination and fun to the LW category, while burning the cheaters.

Your world seems to be cuck free. I’ll continue to come back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

GREAT story and well written--ALWAYS enjoy your writings

bruce22bruce22about 4 years ago
A Pleasing Story

And she seemed like such a nice girl. I once fled from a rich girl when I accidentally realised what she was worth!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 4 years ago
Absolutly GREAT !!

ST1956, I loved the Cheating Zone series and I loved Andrestia and hoped that you would somehow bring her back in some kind of story. You have made an old fart very happy by starting a new series with Andrestia as the focal point. Thank you so very much, I am hungering for the next story.

266xxyz266xxyzabout 4 years ago
Good writing

Among other things...good pacing and flow. It was a clear picture you painted. I appreciate your imagination and effort as well as your time for writing this tale.

Good read.

5*

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
One of your best,

Thanks, ST.

Five stars for this one. Rod Serling & Night Gallery would be pleased!

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
A million stars

This is by far the best story I have ever read. I was waiting for Rod Serling to start talking.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 4 years ago
Well written

Well written, enjoyable reading time. A little twilight zone like episode which has stood the test of time. The black and white reruns are still good storytelling and entertaining. Just as this episode/writing was good storytelling and entertaining. Well worth time to read and praise with this comment. 5 stars ⭐️

Please keep writing and I will keep reading.

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoabout 4 years ago
Love this!

I've always been a fan of the Cheating Zone and am sure I'll be a fan of this! Keep this going!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hated it

Ending was pure sh—. One star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Revenge

Great story-I had to keep reading. Couldn't see the ending coming. Like the man said "Karma is a real bitch ."

MartyMBMartyMBabout 4 years ago
ST, thanks.

A little non-sexual fantasy is great. I really liked the story. Maybe it would be overdone, but this one could use other episodes, well, in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Inventive

Enjoyable fantasy! Thank you.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

maninconnmaninconnabout 4 years ago
Your best.

‘Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

The whole thing with Adrestia is just silly.

It should be under Fantasy, not LW

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Ok I escaped the reality of wimpy cuck stories.

So a definite plus

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Get back at the cheaters, in spades, seems to be a recurring theme. No shades of grey in this one. Not that erotic, but a well-written battle cry for damaged men looking to exact revenge on wandering spouses. The fantasy element is a bit cheesy.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
*****

Splendid LW's tale. Another saddletramp1956 journey through into the "Night Galley".

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 4 years ago
Very Nice!

I love a tale with an unusual plot. Well told and written. Thanks for sharing. Top marks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What was old can be new again.

An interesting blend of ancient Greek mythology with modern day interplay.

furrycarl1956furrycarl1956almost 4 years ago
When you suspend reality...

...anything can happen and it just becomes nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Et Tu, Mom?

All really weird one dimensional characters from the MC, Wendi, to the evil conniving Don. Couldn't even make one character decent and with some depth, the Mom? She serves her husband divorce papers during her daughter's funeral???? The funeral didn't have enough significance for her so she wanted to add a little something to make it interesting?

Jesus fucking Christ. Who are these caricatures of human beings? The funny house, the weird paintings and the supernatural powers were more realistic than the supposed characters in the story.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
PARA NORMAL LIFE....IS MISUNDERSTOOD

no one can affirm its existence but do not deny it may be there, maybe the OLDE GODS are still running amok in some other dimension. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
1st tile compelled to comment..

I really enjoyed your story! first time I felt compelled to comment.... Well Done!

Looking forward to reading more of your stories.

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 4 years ago
Damn

Short but just spooky enough. Good on you.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Really good story

Awesome ending to the cheaters.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Very good

Wish all cheaters got what was due.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Death

Death was too much.He should have made public their affair,divorced and take her for every cent and sue the hospital.Also if possible make sure neither could practice again.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 4 years ago

I liked the concept, and it’s well written. Justice and Karma rolled into one. It’s not your usual LW BTB, and isn’t The Cheating Zone (despite Joe hailing from Roswell). Just people getting what’s coming to them, based on how they treat others.

ClockstopperClockstopperover 3 years ago

Trippy. 😎😎😎😎😎

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Reply to Nitpic

Change your name to Nitwit. Death was the perfect solution. The cheating bitch shit on their marriage and she got what she deserved. The guy she was fucking thought he was superior until he was taught that he wasn't... a hell of a thing to think about when he only had 20 stories to learn how to fly.

The story got Five stars from me.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

That was some spooky shot! Loved it

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

Great story don't know how I missed it before today. Five stars!

icebreadicebreadover 3 years ago
Five from me...

This was very good. Thank you.

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Entertaining Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You made Me Look

I had to look up "Adrestia Rhamnousia" and learned more about ancent mythology so thank you for both an interesting story and greater understanding of Greek mythology.

ClockstopperClockstopperover 3 years ago

Shades of the Twilight Zone and Night Gallery. Rod Serling would be proud.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 3 years ago
It's Been A Very Long Time

Since I studied Greek mythology so I took my time absorbing this story, those who didn't understand the Adrestia Rhamnousia character should do some reading. Eventually it came to me this is where the word "Nemesis" comes from, The Goddess of Retribution if I remember correctly.

I saw numerous references to classic tv shows in the comments, one that I didn't see as far as I read was 'The Outer Limits', "We control the horizontal, we control the vertical...we control all that you see and hear..." Seems apt for this different, a bit sideways fine story. Definitely not your run of the mill Tramp story and it's intrigued me enough to sit back and read the other stories he mentioned in the prologue. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This shit is why we dumped the Greek fake gods.... Fuck all of them to Hell.

There is some truth here first hubby was as responsible as she was. Fuck him, he could not forgive, she wanted forgiveness and will receive it, he wanted retribution and will receive it. Hell is filled with Joe's they will enjoy the flames. Wendy will find forgiveness and enjoy Heaven.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

There is more to life than what meets the eye.

See you guys on the other side one day. Al and Freda, Linda, Charles, Carol

Question: Where is your hope found is it money and things or those items that live throughout eternity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Only one thing with which I take umbrage. Giving things to Goodwill instead of the Salvation Army or another non-profit organization.

Goodwill is a for profit organization and the owner makes a very very good living having convinced most people that he a philanthropist.

Look it up.

Bill

BeauReadyBeauReadyabout 3 years ago
Delete & Submit

This 1950's TV screenplay needs to be deleted here and re-submitted to the Fantasy (SciFi) magazine "Amazing Stories". All things in their proper place...

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Wow!

That was an interesting and different tale. How many men could have used the help of an Adrestia in their lives? Severe in the punishment but it was well deserved. The same with the asshole father. Way to go.

Five Stars

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

Pat no attention to the nay-sayers. As always, you did a fantastic job. 5 stars. The Bear approves. I like justice, and you doled it out admirably.

The BEAR

Hybuddy5Hybuddy5almost 3 years ago

Really good one. Simple but little touch of fantasy and mythology.

(personal preference :- i would prefer more this type of story, how the spark between linda and Carl again reignited. Like Does she given into him under situational circumstances or she is just a slut or how he Seduced her or how the influence of difference in status and money ruled her desire. More like erotic coupling with cheating spouse.) any recommendations

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved it. Would have liked to have seen her cheating be revealed in the autopsy report and exposed to the rest of the world. Father got what he deserved.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

dad should have been served on fathers day

tinfoilhattinfoilhatalmost 3 years ago

What's with Roswell? I've seen you use it a few times.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

I think this is a type of story ST is really good at. Instead of absurd "realism" he does often it is much better to opt for straightforward fantasy. This was really entertaining. I reminds me of one of my own stories though I don't have third person like Adrestia. This is actually a great vehicle for fantasy.

Keep on writing ST, at least your stuff is entertaining, and leave angry BTB stuff to lower writers.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Made me remember Night Gallery, the old Rod Serling tv show. Entertaining.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 2 years ago

Nice series. Sort of , 'Night Gallery ' and the 'Twilight Zone' Karma for cheating spouses. *****

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories