Check Out Girl Ch. 07

Story Info
Will things be resolved or have they gone to far?
9.8k words
4.52
5.1k
8
12

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/26/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the final chapter in the story of Maddison and Liam. As always, I maintain this is a romance albeit not perhaps in the traditional sense. If that offended your perceptions then I apologise but this is the story I wanted to write.

As always constructive criticism is welcome however, I will moderate and delete spiteful comments that are made simply because the story or the way the characters behave doesn't agree with your views.

Remember this is just a story.

Enjoy.

CHECK OUT GIRL -- part 7

Standing outside the flat Maddison hesitated, wiping the tears from her eyes.

She knew he would be inside but it had been months since she had last seen Liam, outside his flat kissing a blonde girl.

'How would he feel about her just turning up on his doorstep, unannounced, after all this time?'

'Would he be alone?'

'Would he even want to speak to her now?'

A myriad of thoughts ran through her mind as she took a deep breath and knocked, stepping back and waiting.

There was nothing so she knocked again, that was when she heard his voice from inside the apartment.

"I'm coming... keep your hair on."

The door opened and he stopped dead in his tracks and stared at her.

"Maddison...."

The look Liam gave his ex-girlfriend was one of complete and utter shock as she stood sobbing in front of him.

"I... I... I'm s..s..sorry Liam.... I... I didn't know w... w... where else.... to go."

With his mouth slightly open he gazed, nonplussed at her, hardly believing she was really there.

It wasn't the fact that, despite her red ringed eyes and her weeping, she still looked as beautiful as ever to him.

Nor was it the two suitcases that stood at her feet.

It was quite simply that Maddison Clarke was clearly very, very pregnant.

"Maddi, what's up, what's wrong?" he shook himself out of his stupor and pulled her against him, his heart thumping faster as he held her in his arms.

"My.... my parent's... they.... they threw me out." she clung to him and sobbed into his chest, "I... I don't know.... where... else to... to go."

As he held her all the feelings that he had spent months subduing and putting out of his mind surged to the surface, tying his stomach in knots and sending his pulse rate soaring as he struggled, unsuccessfully, to force them back down.

Gently he ushered her into the flat and, collecting her bags, he told her to take a seat while he made some tea. Letting her have a few minutes to compose herself and giving him an opportunity to collect his own scattered thoughts.

She was still quietly crying when he came back with the drinks a few minutes later, although now the desperate sobbing had been replaced by a quiet sniffling.

"I'm sorry Liam... I... I... just need a place to sleep... I'll find somewhere else tomorrow and get out of your hair. I promise."

"What about your boyfriend. Won't he put you up." he asked a little more acerbically than he intended as he handed her a steaming mug.

She gave him a puzzled expression as she took her tea "Boyfriend? What... who do you mean... I'm not seeing anyone."

"The guy outside the supermarket. I saw you with him a couple of months after we...." he let the sentence trail off realising he had already said more than he wanted to.

Pausing for a moment she thought back to who it might be.

"Oh, that was James?" she gave a short laugh, "The guy who gave me his phone number at the airport. I had just started going out with him."

"Yeah him. Won't he take responsibility for his..." he waved his hand at her pronounced baby bump.

Maddison looked at him in wide-eyed surprise "He's not the father. In fact, as soon as I told him I was pregnant he disappeared off into the sunset."

"Oh right." embarrassed by his incorrect assumption Liam stared down at his tea.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, Liam wondering just who the father of her baby was but not wanting to ask the question that was foremost in his mind.

"Why did you come looking for me?" she suddenly asked.

"I err... I... umm... I... I just wanted to explain... I'd sorted myself out and I....."

"Oh, I see." She gazed at him questioningly as if she wanted to ask more but didn't know how.

"Thanks for letting me stay." she said softly, finally speaking again after another brief period of silence, "I really didn't know where else to go."

Liam couldn't help but smile at her "You can stay here as long as you need Maddi. I...."

"Honestly, I can look for somewhere tomorrow, I don't want to be a nuisance to you and your girlfriend."

"I mean it Madd's. You can stay as long you want, it's great to see you again." He avoided the girlfriend comment stopping himself before he said to much.

Getting up he collected the empty mugs as she looked at him curiously.

"Are you really sure." She gazed up at him from under slightly lowered lashes, "I don't want to put you out or anything."

Grinning inanely, he felt like telling her she could never do that "Yeah, I'm sure."

"Do you mind if I go to bed then? I'm absolutely exhausted and I have to go to work tomorrow."

It was still early and Liam desperately wanted to talk to her but he guessed that after the trauma of the last few hours she wouldn't be in the right frame of mind.

"No of course not."

"Perhaps I can pay you rent or something?" Maddi eyed him sheepishly.

"Let's talk about that tomorrow."

Depositing her bags in the spare bedroom he waited until her door was closed, then took himself off to his own room.

He knew sleep wouldn't come easily that night as he lay on his bed with so many unbidden thoughts filling his mind.

'Seeing her again he knew without a doubt he was still in love with her.'

'Why did he still feel this way about her when she had so obviously moved on?'

'Why had her parents suddenly thrown her out?'

And more than anything 'Who was the father?'.

Everything churned around in his head as he lay there staring up at the ceiling and it was well past midnight before sleep finally claimed him.

~~~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~~

Waking the next morning to the sun streaming in through the blinds he realised he must have drifted off, fully clothed, while he had been laying on the bed.

Stretching he yawned and checked his watch, quickly jumping up when he realised that he would be late for work if he didn't hurry.

Flinging open the bedroom door Liam stopped as he was met by the smell of freshly brewed coffee.

"Morning sleepy." A smiling Maddison greeted him, handing him a steaming mug.

She looked radiant and refreshed after a night's rest and, dressed in one of his old t-shirts that showed off her long legs, he felt more than his heart rate rise when he looked at her.

"Err..... Morning." he finally managed to croak an answer as he headed for the bathroom, taking his coffee with him.

Ten minutes later he re-appeared, shaved and showered and, after quickly getting dressed, he came back into the kitchen and dropped his empty mug into the sink.

"I umm.... have to go..... to err.... to work." Pulling on his jacket, he informed her as he got ready to head out.

"Me too in a minute." Sitting at the table she gazed back up at him with the eyes that he had never forgotten, sending his heart rate soaring again.

"Oh right." He looked around and getting the spare set of keys from the drawer he gave them to her, "You better have these back, you'll need them to get in."

"Liam." the tone in her voice made him pause half-way to the door, "I thought.... maybe I could cook tonight... to say thank you."

She looked at him nervously, just being this close to him gave her butterflies in her stomach.

"If you want that is." Her voice was hesitant as she continued, "I can get some stuff at work."

"Err... yeah... sure... that would be great. I'll see you about six." He threw back over his shoulder as he left.

Getting any work done proved to be almost impossible for him. All he could focus on throughout the day was Maddison and the way her sudden reappearance in his life had brought all his feelings for her surging back.

There had obviously been someone special after him, judging by the fact she had got herself pregnant by them. She had clearly moved on from him, it had been hard to take back then and he knew it was going to be even more difficult now.

Walking in to his flat at the end of the day he was wondering what the evening would bring when he was welcomed by delicious aroma of food.

"Hi." Maddi's cheerful voice greeted him from the kitchen area, "It'll be another half hour if you want to take a shower or change."

"Hi." he barely managed to stop himself kissing her, "It smells wonderful."

Maddi giggled and his stomach twisted into a knot. She wasn't his anymore, he had to remember this was just a convenient place for her to stay.

"I hope you say that after you've tasted it." she laughed as he went to get cleaned up.

Taking his time in the shower he tried to get a grip on his feelings. He loved her and now she was back in his life, even in a minor way, he could no longer try to deny it. But every smile, giggle or laugh was like a knife slicing into his heart all over again.

Putting the thoughts to the back of his mind he finished cleaning up and after getting dressed he re-entered the living area and dropped into a chair as Maddison put a plate in front of him.

"I hope you like it." She said nervously.

"If it tastes anything like it smells I'm sure I will."

He didn't need to pretend it was absolutely delicious.

They finished every morsel and after they were done Liam insisted she went and sat down while he made coffee for the both of them.

"Thanks." She smiled up at him as he handed her a cup.

"No, thank you for dinner it really was amazing."

Sitting for a moment they could both feel the tension start to grow between them the comfortable ease they had enjoyed over the meal quickly vanishing.

"What happened between us Liam?" Maddison finally broke the silence as it started to become uncomfortable, "Why did you come looking for me at work after nearly two months without a word."

He took hold of her hand noticing she made no attempt to pull away.

"I'm so sorry Maddi, I... I was a mess. After that night on holiday, I... I thought maybe you didn't want me anymore."

She squeezed his fingers "I was a mess to if I'm being honest. I hated myself for a long time and spent weeks crying myself to sleep and feeling miserable."

They fell silent again for a moment.

"But you moved on pretty quickly." Liam regretted it as soon as the words left his lips.

"I hadn't heard from you in weeks. You just dumped me." Maddi responded sharply, "Then I found James' number and Stacey suggested I give him a call."

"As I recall you walked out on me in the pub that night."

"You didn't give me a lot of choice and besides I was in mess myself."

There was no answer to that, she was right. He knew then he had lost her because of my own stupidity.

"I tried to make it right. I'm sorry..." He looked into her eyes and saw his own pain reflected back at him, "And by the time I came to my senses you were with someone else because of it."

"I'm sorry to Liam." Maddison began to cry, "It's as much my fault. I was the one who refused to talk to you."

Sitting there holding his hand there was so much more that she wanted to say, particularly about the blonde she had seen him with. But she didn't, it seemed to her that Liam had someone else in his life and wasn't hers anymore.

Unable to hold back the tears she struggled to resist the urge to say something and stood up, "Leave the washing up. I'll do it in the morning."

"Maddi.... I...."

"Goodnight Liam." She turned away and, still crying softly, went off to bed.

Watching her door shut he needed time to think so, ignoring her instructions, he spent half-an-hour clearing things away before heading off to bed himself.

Just like the previous night sleep evaded him as he lay in his bed mulling over their conversation.

'What had she meant when she said she was sorry to?'

'And she hated herself? Why?'

Tossing and turning this time it was way past one o'clock when he finally drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~ooOoo~~~~~~

He slept in again on the Friday morning and, just as the previous day, he was greeted by a smiling Maddison and the aroma of fresh coffee when he emerged from the bedroom.

"Hey, you're awake at last." Her friendly greeting took him by surprise after the way they had parted the previous evening.

"Oh... err... hey."

"I'm sorry for last night. It's the hormones." She looked at him contritely, "Sometimes I can't help my emotions and other things getting the better of me."

"It's fine Madd's... really it is." he dropped into using his old nickname for her.

"Thanks."

Hugging him she sent his pulse rate rocketing skywards again, before handing over a mug of coffee.

"Dinner again tonight?" she asked as he took his first mouthful.

"I can't.... I err... I have a.... umm a date straight after work." his voice tailed off into a whisper.

Her face fell and a surge of disappointment surged through her bringing a lump to her throat and she gazed at him pitifully. Over the last day or so she had felt happier than she had in a long time. Just being with him again, even if it wasn't as his girlfriend, was more than she ever thought she would have in her life and now he was going out, dating someone one else.

"Oh right, ok. I didn't mean to..."

Liam's stomach lurched when he saw the evident distress in her eyes.

"It's ok Madd's... honestly if I hadn't already arranged this I would have."

"Sure, not a problem. Anyone nice?" she tried to sound casual while all the time she wanted to fling her arms around him and tell him exactly how she felt about him.

"Err... yeah it's... umm... Chloe. You remember?"

Her heart sank even lower as she realised who he was seeing.

She recollected how Chloe had been keen on him when he took her to the BBQ on their very first date. Knowing now for certain that she had lost him she turned away towards her room, biting back the tears as she went to get dressed.

If it had been anyone else but Chloe Avery maybe she could have fought to get him back.

'Why hadn't she talked to him back when it all happened?'

'She would need to find somewhere else to live, she knew she couldn't bear being in the flat knowing he was sleeping with someone else.'

'How many more times would he break her heart?"

Watching her go Liam wondered what he was going to tell Chloe when he met up with her later that night. She was getting keen on taking things to the next level and she wouldn't be best pleased with the news that his former girlfriend was now staying with him.

It was another wasted day at work. His mind was too full of Maddison and his resurrected feelings for her to even think about his job or how he was going to explain things to his date.

Things were never serious between Chloe and himself, at least not as far as he was concerned, although he knew that recently she was becoming more attached to him than he was comfortable with. Prior to Maddi turning up on his doorstep he probably wouldn't have objected too much but now he knew things had changed.

Leaving work at five-thirty on the dot Liam went straight to the pub where he had arranged to meet her.

"What's up?" Chloe asked as soon as they were seated in a booth, drinks in hand.

"Nothing.... Why?" he mumbled, surprised at her intuition.

"I just wondered... you seem.... different.... A little distant." she studied him carefully for a moment.

"Just work... nothing special."

She shrugged "Ok if you say so..., but you seem.... somewhere else."

"What did you want to do this evening?" avoiding her gaze he changed the subject.

She grinned naughtily at him "I thought we could go back to your place and get naked."

"Ah yeah about my place...." his voice faltered as he tried to think of how he was going to tell her about Maddison.

"What about it?"

"Err... well...."

Hesitantly he started to explain that they couldn't go back to his apartment because his pregnant ex-girlfriend was currently living there with him.

"She's what! The girl at the BBQ. The one you chose over me? And she's pregnant?""

"Yeah, Maddison, my ex. She turned up on Wednesday....."

"I fucking heard you the first time." Chloe interrupted him clearly not taking the news well.

"So, we.... can't really go there...." he finished weakly.

"Just how long is she going to be staying with you.... this ex?" Liam could tell she wasn't happy about the situation.

"Err.... well.... I can't exactly ask her... to go..."

"Or maybe you don't want to Liam." Chloe picked up her glass and finished her drink, "Give me a call when she's gone but don't leave it to long."

With that she stood up and stormed out of the pub leaving him sitting with his pint, feeling rather relieved that she had gone. He had never considered them as a long-term thing and the fact she was forcing him to make a choice, simplified a lot for him.

Finishing his drink, he took a slow walk home thinking about Maddi the whole way. He had never expected to find her back in his life even if it was just as a lodger and it had brought all the feeling's he had hidden away from himself back to the surface.

He wanted to tell her how he felt but what about the baby?

'How did he feel about her having someone else's child?'

'How would she react to him if he told her he still loved her?'

It just seemed that no sooner had he rid himself of one load of unanswered questions than he had the burden of another.

Standing outside his apartment he finally reached a decision; he was going to tell her and face the consequences.

Opening the front door, he knew as soon as he entered his flat that something wasn't quite right.

The living area was in darkness and the faint moans from the guest bedroom clearly suggested that Maddison wasn't alone in there.

Creeping forwards in the semi-darkness so he could peer through the open door he saw her.

She was naked on her hands and knees, her heavy breasts swaying under her. While behind her an equally nude Henry Grant was holding her hips and forcefully thrusting his hard cock into her.

"Oh fuck... don't stop.... don't stop.... I'm almost..." Maddi was moaning, her long dark hair hanging across her face as it swung in time with his strokes.

"Unghhhh.... Unghhhhhh..... Aaahhhhhhhhhhh!" Henry shuddered, repeatedly burying his prick in her juicy pink slit.

Taking every inch of his manhood Maddi's knuckled whitened as she gripped the bedsheet tightly. Her eyes were closed and her mouth hung open as her breathless gasps clearly warned of an impending orgasm.

Again, and again his hips slapped her rear as he pounded into her, sheathing his erection in her sex.

"Yes, yes... I'm nearly.... there.... I'm gonna..." her head snapped up and her eyes opened wide as the first ripples of her climax started to flare up inside her.

"Cum bitch.... Fucking cum." burying his large dick in her spasming pussy one last time, he groaned, "Take it slut.... Fucking take it all."

"Shit... yes, yes... I'm cummmmmiinnnngggggggg!" she shrieked, her body arching and tensing as her orgasm overwhelmed her.

Stepping back out of sight he stood trembling, totally stunned, listening to them. She was with Henry Grant, the arsehole from work who she had told him she hated.

"Shit, fucking I needed that. My nuts were turning blue." The arrogant prick that was Henry stated a minute or two later, clearly getting dressed by the noises that he could hear, "I always said you'd be a good fuck."