All Comments on 'Chess Ch. 02'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
looking4itlooking4itabout 8 years ago

A rambling memoir.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
wow what a fucked up life

2* why leave two kids with a whoring BBC dope using slut?

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingabout 8 years ago
Unsatisfying

What a sad boring story. A reader develops no empathy for any of the characters,. If this is reminiscing about your own life then suggest future work be enhanced with more fictional creative imagery in the character development.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Really bad

So poorly written as to be almost incomprehensible. Seems to be an autobiography of a bunch of really sad, stupid people. You should not write any more. Two bad chapters is enough.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
Still an autobiography...

Still an autobiography...But not good enough...What happened to his children? He never saw or contacted them again? He fought her because a few bucks and didn't fought for the guardianship of his children, the mother being what she was and having the life she had? So just 2*

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
Improving. 2nd Installment should have been the first though. Uncomfortable truths were explored.

It started to get weird ( a good thing ) instead of premiere installment's fumblings and bumblings. The narrator isn't a saint, but has a healthy work ethic and takes fiscal care of his kids. Frankly that's more then many estranged fathers did in those low enforcement days. I was a skier , so featured mountain outing hit a chord.

I don't even blame first wife for straying too much. They got married way too young and stultifying housewife and mom identity left her ripe for temptation. It doesn't help she has mental health issues .

I like that the author is being honest , how ugly incidents aren't being glossed over. This writing isn't polished, but it's comprehensible. Consequences, direct and roundabout, are manifested from extramarital actions. Life isn't a bowl of cherries. I thank the author for hard work and not hewing to cliches.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
might as well have called it Monopoly

Because it had nothing to do with chess. If that's an autobiographical story, sorry for your boring life

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Boy did this writer kill this story

Part 2 was a ménage a trios. Screwing , fucking, breaking marriage contract. A really mess up story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What?

A ** for the effort. Not much else there. Writing your own disjointed biography may well be cathargic for you. But this jumbled mess is not much for the reader.

justbobkcjustbobkcabout 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks again!

To everyone who is reading my writings and especially leaving comments.

"Anonymous" seems to be the most critical - perhaps a gentle reminder to "them" that my reminisces are worth exactly what you are paying for them... ;-)

But a few of the more detailed and thoughtful comments I really do think about. I have a feeling perhaps many of those readers are a little older and approaching even my own age now and understand how very, very different life in the USA is now from that time in the 1970's that is now basically two whole generations ago - or even longer.

Chapter 3 should be available tomorrow and I am on Chapter 6 of my "memoirs" on my laptop and still not finished, but have some reediting to do on them before posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
From your descriptions of the rampant and widespread adulterous and fornicatious....

....interchanges, I'm thoroughly baffled that venerial diseases weren't also rampant in the groups.

This story was very rough-feeling and perfunctory where it might have better served to offer more detail and more explanation of the mindsets, feelings, etc. you and others experienced through all this.

That you married and divorced twice in such quick succession, suggests that perhaps, your feelings notwithstanding, the institution was not well suited to you and your proclivities.

Thank you.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 8 years ago
Too honest?

We usually assume stories ars pure fiction, tinged with real world experience. I can't say what this is. I have similar schooling, loved english, but engineering paid better. Flunked calculus and physics first semester, but persevered to get an engineering degree.

Anyway, the character likes to tell us how he is so much better than most people in almost everything, which true or not, isn't an admirable trait. Emotionally he's a cold fish. The tale would be better if emotions were expressed.

Chilley

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Bailing

Too much cheating and then off to the lala land of crack cocaine and bbc. Too much bullshit for one story.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

quite a running commentary and a lot of casual sex. Don't know how you guys do it getting all these women, I've been with to women in my life and I married both of them. At 78 there ain't much time left and things don't work as well as they used to. Keep writing, you do need some kind of a plot here though.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 2 years ago
Really?

Your commentary is quite long and really says nothing about your marriage. But let me ask. You left her in the hospital son you could go on vacation with a bunch of womenn without partners? Right? And you expecter for her to stay faithful to you knowing that? Now, about the black men. Did she mention it or did the author just put that in so as to give you an excuse for cheating on your wife? I didn'y seev where she mentioned it. and them having big cocks. Did sopmebody measure them? or is it just a fantasy of tge author tgat all black men have to have a very largev cock just for him? This story is full of crock!!!! And if thuis man left his wife for having an affair while he was doing the same except that he didn't even take the children with nhim. It doesn't say much for him being a good man of any kind. And what makes hime duch an endoewed man and an exceptional lover if he's already lost two wife's before this chapter was ovet. How many more women is this supposed to be great lover going to lose before this story is over?

Pinto931Pinto9319 months ago

Like reading someone’s diary.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous