All Comments on 'Christmas at WJTW - 1590 AM Ch. 02'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments (Page 2)
sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

While it's good that you owned up to it in the story, but the plot following the accident was SUCH a rip-off of "It's a Wonderful Life," down to the Lew/Mr. Gower drinking that it lost something for me. There didn't have to be a supernatural factor.

\

I also didn't care for the bit about "politically incorrect" drugs. They're not politically incorrect, they're snake oil that have great potential for harm.

SouthdownSouthdownover 2 years ago
Storytime in L.W

This was a magical masterpiece and a true improvement on some of the nasty 'cuck and bull' tripe that creeps into this category from time to time. While not being blatantly 'erotic' it ticks all the boxes for an enjoyable and skillfully written tale where a real loving wife resides. Great Job, Thank You 5*****

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Good read. Did Henry get his wings? Was there a bell ringing somewhere?

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 2 years ago

What a great adaptation!

Such excellent writing deserves an award. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Decent take on Its A Wonderful Life ruined by unneeded political bullshit. Bullshit that could have been left and the story still work just fine.

Reader121Reader121over 2 years ago

5 stars until you mentioned politically incorrect drugs. As a doctor, there is no such thing. The vaccines went through a rigorous trial period. Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine showed no improvement over placebo in trials. Science doesn't care about your politics. If the medicine works, we use it. If it doesn't we don't. It's as simple as that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story thanks

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

@sbrooks103xabout 8 hours ago

While it's good that you owned up to it in the story, but the plot following the accident was SUCH a rip-off of "It's a Wonderful Life," down to the Lew/Mr. Gower drinking that it lost something for me. There didn't have to be a supernatural factor.

It isn't your story to decide whether or not it was needed.

\

I also didn't care for the bit about "politically incorrect" drugs. They're not politically incorrect, they're snake oil that have great potential for harm.

Do you know this for a fsct and if so where did you get this information?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nice effort. Probably should be in the Fantasy category, like the movie. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wonderful!!!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Sbrooks,

Don't be a sheep.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3SCsueX2bZdbEzRtKOCEyT?si=ZSXXhFtIRFiE1OzKDgr8hQ&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A delightful story, 5 stars. Thanks for sharing. I have read all your stories please keep them coming.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Schwanze, the only sheep are those that follow Trump.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story! Thanks

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

@iamaweasel

"Being brain damaged doesn't actually add any quality to a story".

That certainly explains many of your comments!

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 2 years ago

Dangerous and Ignorant Nonsense

The doctor saves the day with "politically incorrect drugs"?? Much more likely to kill someone.

One would worry about readers, but if a person's medical care is impacted by a hobby porn writing site they are too far gone to be sav3d.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am always amazed at how many wacko libs comment. No such thing as politically incorrect drugs? Keep drinking the CNN kool aid. Well told story

SkubabillSkubabillover 2 years ago

It was a "wonderful" story. So what if it borrowed from a classic movie. I enjoyed it imensely. I thought it was one of your best. Of course I always say that. Trust the lefties to fly off the handle just about the words "politically incorrect". It was another five star story from you.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 2 years ago

Excellent story for Christmas.

HemmingswayHemmingswayover 2 years ago

Being honest, I couldn't finish this. Lost interest and felt like I was trapped in a bad looping ratio commercial. I hope this finished better than it started.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 2 years ago

This was mighty enjoyable. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@tralan, you like to spend so much effort criticizing other comments, why don't you take your own advice and stick to commenting on the story?

potsanpanspotsanpansover 2 years ago

I never give 5 stars for stories, but this is my 1st one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice Job. Lets go Brandon

bobareenobobareenoover 2 years ago
Schmaltz

This tale was like being hit over the head with schmaltz. Was it really necessary to not only echo the film, "It's a Wonderful Life" but then to pound the point home by a direct reference? Bleech. Treacle and lifeless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed part one but this conclusion was too much of a fairy tale for my taste.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Great part 2. Enjoyed it very much. What I consider a heart wrencher. Miracles come in strange ways. Thanks for the story.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

Merry Christmas. *****

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Still

Still hold my opinion from CH 1,he should not have married her.Plus the fact she never gave a reasonable answer for coming back.

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Yep, great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Still I am a sucker for such stories. Five lighters, thumbs up.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No such thing as politically incorrect medicine. There is only medicine SCIENTIFICALLY proven to work, medicine SCIENTIFICALLY not proven to work and medicine that requires more study to see if it will work. I don't care what political party you belong to, but let's not be fascist or soviets and bring lies into science and medicine.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Absolutely "Wonderful " story!!!

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

A lovely story Stoney, one of your best. Had a tear in my eye, more than once, a tribute to a good author.

Scores 5/5

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

However, l have to agree with Anon below there is no such thing as politically incorrect medicine.

There is only medicine that works and medicine that doesn’t. Politics does not enter into that equation at all. Leave political gobbledegook out of your stories, it does not assist the plot one bit, it certainly was not needed in this excellent tale to make it work was it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh great ghosts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was really enjoying this until you started spouting the mad orange clown nonsense... ruined it for me...

-jaye-

nawtdognawtdogover 2 years ago

Politically incorrect drugs?!?!?

RePhilRePhilover 2 years ago

I hope you are still writing. This site needs a heartfelt scribe such as yourself! ☮️

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cliche overload and saccharine sweet. I’m sorry I wasted my time read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fantastic.

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestabout 2 years ago

Story was going fine when you stupidly dumped in "politically incorrect drugs." That just totally destroyed the flow. Not to mention they don't work for covid.

eljj5456eljj5456about 2 years ago
Please ignore all the jackass comments

Be true to yourself and write from your heart.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

Not a fan of the lazy "It's a Wonderful Life" inference through the second chapter.

Try to surpass your Magnum Opus "Todd's Unusual Revenge".

Btrying2Btrying2about 2 years ago

Enjoyed this umpteenth read of this good story. Unlike some I like the ghost of Henry helping. If you read Marvel or DC its almost reality 🥴. Characters were good especially Traci. Nice tidy up of all those nasty loose ends in the last dozen or so paragraphs - I appreciated that. I even like the lessen of tensions with Amanda - sue me if you don’t. Lmao😱

Thanks for sharing this with us. John

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

desertdog43desertdog43about 2 years ago

Semper Fi brothers n sisters.

USMC "always Faithful" 1775 to 2022.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 2 years ago

made me laugh and maybe shed a tear or at least choke up a bit sometimes just living well is the best revenge and the deepest burn

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Terrible story, made me cry and made me smile and made me thankful also. Very good Mr. Author.

BigfundrewBigfundrewabout 2 years ago

Well damn.

You got me.

You got me good.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well who would have ever thunk it? A truly good tale and all five commenters below agree so. Unusual! LP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Surely one of your best! Thank you. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was a long ass epilogue. . .

Btw,

>"But you don't just stop loving someone," Traci said with a timid voice.

I can't wait for Part 3: Traci's abusive ex comes into town, Tom gets cheated on again.

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 2 years ago

Ah fuck it, I really like this story! Worth a 5 or more to me .......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"It's a Wonderful Life" all over again. Interestingly done but too obvious. Too many challenges to readers' ability to suspend disbelief.

BabalooieBabalooiealmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story. 5*

CimenRunarCimenRunaralmost 2 years ago

“….is it a few minutes yet, mummy”. My favorite line!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don't care what others may think, I enjoy a good tale - this is one! Thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 1 year ago
Favorite Story

I hit the favorite button on this one. Superb!

Omart57Omart57over 1 year ago

I'm an old romantic at heart and this one pulls at the strings! Great story! Thank you for writing!

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 1 year ago

This was a great story and very well told. Five stars for sure. I am glad that Tom found Tracy. Amanda will never be happy as she is so self-centered and selfish. She will be doomed to flitting from one man to another and always be unhappy. Some people are just doomed that way. Tom needs to do just what he did and move on from her and find happiness with Tracy. I really enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a beautiful 5 star classic! The situation with Chad and Amanda reminded me of Jake and Carol in Stoney's wondrous "When God Closes A Door." QuickMagazine was impressed that Stoney cited "It's A Wonderful Life" since "Christmas at WJTW" was so obviously influenced by it. An eye wetter, for sure. That stands on its own. Meanwhile, trolling through the comments, I see that "politically incorrect medicine" got a lot of attention. Not sure why. When I read that, assumed it was the stuff they gave Trump when he had Covid, stuff that wasn't widely available (but Presidents could get it - though I don't think Biden needed it a year or so later when he had HIS bout with Covid). Anyway, didn't read any left/right nonsense into this. Politics suck. "Christmas at WJTW" doesn't. To say the least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I retired after 40 years in the radio business, so when I saw the title I expected to be groaning at all the technical goofs and errors.

I was wrong. The author knows his stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As I read along I said to myself “All that is missing is Jimmy Stewart.”

Then the author brings in the part about Jimmy & Donna so there went my insight.

Still a very heartwarming tale.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very nice, sweet story. Just fyi, “Ashville” is actually spelled “Asheville”.

RePhilRePhilover 1 year ago

I hope your still out there. MERRY CHRISTMAS blessed is your heart and sole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely story, proper happy ending.

Simon_Masters

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

TEN STARS UF I COULD!!!

Nothingman83Nothingman83over 1 year ago

Marines aren't Soldiers and Soldiers aren't Marines. A trivial point to civilians, but it is a matter of pride to both Marines and Soldiers. That being said, most writers on the Big L make the same mistake.

Opinionated1Opinionated1over 1 year ago

beautiful! Frank Capra would be proud!

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Wonderful theme, even if it belonged to Dickens first. ;-)

Seriously, it was good tale that kept my eyes a bit more than misty towards the end. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good story. Gave it 5 stars. That being said, why do all the men in these stories, reconcile with their cheating bitches? I am a big believer in” living a good life, is the best revenge”. But I see no reason, to make the exes life any easier. Her redemption, is on her.

kameljockeykameljockeyabout 1 year ago

Outstanding..........

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Lovely, enchanting Horatio Alger styled story.

Would like to see a version on the big or little screen.

MattblackUKMattblackUK12 months ago

Re-read this and part 1, of course. Still every bit as good. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Four Stars for part one and five stars for part two. A tale well told, with enough similarities to Dickens and Wonderful Life but enough new material to refresh the legend. Thanks for the tale.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

RADIO

Wonderful story. Had me in tears at the end.

You've been truly inspired, and all your readers blessed, by this work.

THANK YOU

Danny

AngelRiderAngelRider11 months ago

There is no such thing as politically incorrect drugs. There is such thing as drugs that have been politicized by Republicans because they made covid a political issue when it should never been.

I never read this story until now and I am as disinterested in arguing about dumb ass anti science bullshit today as I was then.

I have no idea what your political bent is but that insertion was dumb as hell because it was unnecessary. I can't imagine anyone bothering to include that statement who wasnt a right wing cult of personality subscribing assclown so...

Way to go. You wrote a lovely story but your addiction to partisan talking points and hubris made you insert abject uninformed bullshit from liars and buffoons. But see, those people know what they are doing. The people that fall for it? What's their excuse?

Worthless rubes

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not really a story guy, I like the ones that BTB quickly, but not a bad read at all, 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is the second time I've read this story. It's a favorite. I know nothing about radio stations but this story could have been about local gas stations and it would still resonate. I guess being a retired military guy it affects me more than most.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker10 months ago

Never saw this story before, but I liked it- a lot. The Bear loves happy endings. It could have used more payback on the cheaters, but what the hell. 5 stars, the Bear approves. Beautiful story. Merry Christmas, in August, from Conroe, Texas.

The BEAR

J6480J648010 months ago

Very good 5*s, keep going mate

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

When the narrator says the doctor injected his son with “politically incorrect” drugs, what pray tell are you talking about —bleach perhaps? I guess there’s no science in your alternative universe.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Just to be clear, Matines are NOT soldiers. Theory are Matines. Always. You don’t seem to have any more real familiarity with the military than does your draft dodging hero. If you’re going to talk military, know the basics.

Other than that and the throw anway unscientific “politically I correct drugs” nonsense, good story.

HighBrowHighBrow10 months ago

A good story in a way, but nothing I care about, and only superficially Loving Wives, more like Loving Radio.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Would love to see a G!ock 40 mm, barrel bore would be about 3 inches and weigh about 300 + pounds. 40 cal.

XluckyleeXluckylee8 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo8 months ago

My second time reading this and it's as good as the first. In other words, outstanding! You have a gift, Stony Webb. And you use it well.

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

Wasn’t sure about this story reading part one, but it made better reading part two,

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuy7 months ago

Really well done

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

I know you are not probably on-site anymore. Where ever you are and whatever you are doing know that you have brought wonderful emotions to your readers with this classic story. Thank you from the bottom of my heart

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I really enjoyed a well written and conceived story and I gave it a 5. There are two notable exceptions to my “like.”

First, the narrator’s idiotic remark about “politically incorrect” drugs was mind numbingly stupid. I know many of you wing nuts want to make every issue part of your ideological and cultural war but facts are facts and science is science. You don’t get to reinvent them just to fit your own political narrative or view of the world. Life doesn’t work that’s way, not smart life anyway.

Second, and you should know this. Marines are NOT soldiers; they’re Marines; never mix the two nouns. Soldiers are Army infantry. Marines are marines. Wing nuts ought to know the difference.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

Thanks for a heartwarming and uplifting tale, very well done!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sorry. Not evenChristmas could save this sad pile of doggy dung

glukas2glukas24 months ago

Excellent story. Thoroughly enjoyed it. 5 stars well deserved

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

it was a five until You RCAC ed Amanda and all tripe back into to endin

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

Beautifully done! Excellent 2 part series, loved it to pieces. You have just became my second favorite Author and I have to thank you for not Mistakingly using the infamous dot dot dots for ellipsis. I taught my students to not use them, a good Author like yourself expresses a pause in his words by his words. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thank you once more!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It went down hill as soon as the apparitions started and then proved it's lack of value when the idiotic Covid nonsense reared it's ugly head.

Funny how so many LW stories feature women who can't have kids or are forced to have hysterectomies,

I say funny because after looking at US statistics it's frightening how often this procedure is done unnecessarily, more than a third of all women over the age of 50 have had one. Now that is insane and far more of something to worry about than using bath salts or other such nonsense to cure covid because you're scared of taking the proper medicine.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous