All Comments on 'Christmas at WJTW - 1590 AM Ch. 02'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 209 Comments
jlg07jlg07over 2 years ago

Outstanding story and a nice, unique setting for the story!

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 2 years ago

Well, politically incorrect drugs are useful to the extent that they have a reason for being used in your story. They don’t, so it is a gratuitous jab at those who don’t share your opinion and value peer reviewed and replicated medical research. Awesome… not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the read thank you for sharing with us 5*

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 2 years ago

StoneyWebb, this is a very good story but it was not It’s A Wonderful Life. Your angle was not earning his wings. Once upon a time I woke up in the hospital, only did not know what happened, brain injury. Slowly got better but can’t work anymore so Ijust spend my time reading on Literotica and SOL keep writing you have produced excellent results.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

A GREAT 2nd chapter and ending to this story. Did not see the "Wonderful Life" twist coming from the 1st chapter. A very enjoyable read. Definitely going to be made a 'Favorite' story.

-

Thank-you

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story - 4 stars. One small detail really gave a good laugh though. Yes, there is a Glock 40, but the 40 is just the model number. The cartridges are not 40 millimeters, which is about 15.75 inches, a bit large for a pistol. The Glock 40 shoots 10 mm. cartridges.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story with a different and compelling plot. You character choice and development made the plot richer and it moved along well. Thanks for taking the time and effort to craft and present the story.

P. S. Damn good proof reading too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's not "politically incorrect" drugs. It's either scientifically proven to be effective drugs or not. Politics has nothing to do if drugs are effective or not. Of course, if you believe in the Orange Clown who constantly talked out of his A$$ all the time, with no basis in fact, then Clorox is a politically incorrect drug to be taken for Covid.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Great ending to your story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story!!!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Niiiiice. Everyone needs a niiiiice story once in a while. 5/5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Now that it is complete. Good story no extremes a little mystery no btb in this LW story. I like it good job. rated a 4 Keep up the good work.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 2 years ago

absolutely splendid

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Cute story. A happy ending they had to work for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for a really wonderful LW…it was just perfect for the festive season…

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

total rip off of Its a wonderful life If I had never been born before

OnegoodeyeOnegoodeyeover 2 years ago

Brilliant work thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The doctor did his own research. Really?! You’re a fucking idiot

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

It was a nice homage to "it's a wonderful life". Well done.

BoxerR100BoxerR100over 2 years ago

Well done. 👏👍

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Wow, that's a really, really well-told Christmas story. I really liked the topic of your story. I was able to empathize with your protagonist very well and felt his feelings almost physically. I really liked that it wasn't a pure BTB story but rather an emotional story based on the motto "even the good guys can win once"! For me a convincing 5 * story !! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You get ONE star from me for: 1) Bringing ghosts into the story, treating them as entities and in the process raping the allegory of "A Christmass Carol", and, 2) being a victim of accute ideolepsy for suggesting that quack medicine and "alternative" treatments and would counter COVID. Sorry...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

AWESOME simply AWESOME. well crafted could not stop reading part 1. Even got up early this morning to if part 2 had been posted. Thankfully it had and as I said AWESOME

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Conclusion to a wonderful story! Amanda was not as smart as she thought. Traci and Kimberly ended up with what she threw away, fell in love and had a wonderful life. I'll bet Kimberly calls Tom, DADDY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a fantastic story well done.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

A very good touching story.

Yes fiction like goody goody story.

But so apt for the season.

GOD bless everyone praying for all to have a better year 2022.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

With the ending of Chapter 1 I had my doubts about Chapter 2. Not a lot of drama or emotions but a nice Christmas time finish to your story. Thanks for posting.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Chapter 1 was interesting and promising. This Chapter 2 reprised It's a Wonderful Life and is a cute story, but had no drama or any interesting story line.

FredHuckFredHuckover 2 years ago

Great story, one of the best I have ever read...

Thank You.

5🌟's

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

After part one I wondered what direction this story would take. When Henry showed up at the car I suspected the turn towards "It's a Wonderful Life". It was masterfully done and I'll add this to my favorites and read it again next year at Christmas time. Thanks for a beautiful ending and a "wonderful" life for our hero and his family!

irinmikeirinmikeover 2 years ago

You lost me when he found Traci and daughter dead in her car. Maybe you rectified this later in your story but if so I never got that far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for a touching tale.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

“You're probably wondering what became of Chad.”

.

Not really. While Part 2 was a bit more interesting than Part 1, the story just never got any emotional traction. Personalities and relationships were just too undeveloped…even for a short Lit story.

.

3 weak ***

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Unique twist on a classic tale - well done! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it. Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful peace.

I'm impressed on how well you know the radio industry in NC. As one who struggled in the Triad radio biz for a bit, it hit home.

Peace and good health

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great comeback from the first part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quit after a little of his whining

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

IaWL is also one of my favorite movies. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stories involving the "Covid" fraud get a 1.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

This story certainly tied up all the lose ends and gave readers the much sought after happily every after ending.

Cist: a wood or stone coffin, dating from the latter part of the Stone Age

Cyst: a sac-like pocket of membranous tissue that contains fluid, air, or other substances

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

Thank You for a great story and Happy New Year!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A Christmas story that was okay. But had a lot of flaws. A lot didn’t work but as a Christmas feel good story it worked for most!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A beautiful story for the new year of faith hope and love…you write the way I think…excellent…more please! Never give up! Never surrender!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well written. A nice story and one of the best on this site. This would make a nice movie - "It's a Wonderful Life" for the modern age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

both 1 and 2 was told like something that could be a true storyies like both very much .

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

What a sweet story. Wish it was posted ten days ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Got a bit corny here, but I must admit “It’s a Wonderful Life” is one of my favorites too.

You have a real talent for writing in terms of evoking thinking and emotions. I eagerly awaited part 2; only one day apart so that was not an issue with me.

Great read. Thank-you. 5stars from me. Congrats! Keep writing please.

vintageridervintageriderover 2 years ago

Very well done. Thank you.

WilkerbeastWilkerbeastover 2 years ago

Very good story. Well told. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As a "feel good" story it wasn't bad. As a LW story it wasn't very good. 3 stars

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Well done, thank you for writing another wonderful story. Happy New year

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a wonderful fictional story. It was done at the best time of year

mmbny47mmbny47over 2 years ago

I seldom post a comment but, On this story I felt I need to. This a great story. Too bad I can't give it six (6) stars. Having lost a young son, I know that pain as I watched him slowly dying. I know and love the "Christmas Carol" story, but can no longer watch it, as it bring back too much pain. "It's a wonderful life" is a truly a great story filled with love, hope and happiness. Please keep writing. Your doing well,.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

nice homage to Frank Capra

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can't believe that the same author wrote both the first and second sections of this story

The flow of the story and the vocabulary used in the second section were completely

different from those seen in the first section.......a 4 for the first part........a.nd a low grade

1 for the rest

charlie48charlie48over 2 years ago

Thank you, the dust is making my eyes stream. Well that's my excuse.

A wonderful tale, which arrived at just the right point in my household.

Happy new year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, a great story.

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

Moving, well told. Syrupy like the movie, but that's fine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bored

kdad9010kdad9010over 2 years ago

Lol! Politically incorrect medicine or scientifically ignorant? Good one!

A fine tale. I’m a big fan of Its a Wonderful Life and enjoyed its part here. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One star for being a Covidiot. Hey, I hear you can get the horse paste in Pumpkin Spice now! At least it will taste good while you're shitting your pants and owning the Libs.

robinhodrobinhodover 2 years ago

It's been a while since a story grabbed me like this. 5 stars at least.

I shouldn't have liked it. It's a sentimental 19th Century style morality play, with supernatural elements.

But, so well done! Loved it. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Weak

TeggeTeggeover 2 years ago

Enjoyable read, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very enjoyable. I would like to know where I can get a 40mm Glock. It'll make my 40 caliber Sig look like a BB gun.

management91399management91399over 2 years ago

Nothing can push a reader out of a story then the authors need to introduce their own political ideas or why their ideas are "right". Had you been able to do that through your own story instead of dropping in the fake term Politically Incorrect and the farce of a medical doctor administering them was the slap that pushed me away from this thing. Part one was highly engaging, part two seemed like you wanted to get your licks in but there is a whole media empire doing that for you. Just tell is a story about a quirky local radio station minus the soapbox. That being said I kept wondering why no one asked HOW he made the fire after the car wreck and STILL needed the jaws of life to be extracted from the car. The cheating wife became an afterthought in this part as everyone in bedford falls went to the rescue of George Bailey. Nice ending though, surprised how everyone had a great life but no idea how the pandemic ended. Maybe Chad created a cure? :-)

I did enjoy looking up the call letters for the radio station to see if it was a real station, it might have been fun to see the solution come from the station streaming online or being heard miles away since AM stations can skip around and be heard out of their broadcast area.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Being brain damaged doesn't actually add any quality to a story.

First one was a damned slogfest and that felt like a cake walk compared to this.

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

This is one of the better totally complete stories on LW. Enjoyable...

/

6*, Hooyah, Salutes....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just as before for part one, I loved this. Its nice to have a storyline that does not include the gratuitous sex (nothing like a good wet time) and just tells a happy ending for the screwed over guy or gal...thanks. I'm not reading all the others you have on Lit.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

Thanks, not perfect but close enough.

calichepitcalichepitover 2 years ago

Usually, ghosts scare the Dickens out of me—but like charlie48, it got jerevst just the rihjt time.

Happy New Year!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A decent story, overall - but touting sheep de-wormer and ingesting bleach for a viral infection....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very good story. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not much to like here. Unreasonable that Traci would jump to the conclusion that was still on love with the ex and just leave. The last page is just chocked full of nonsense. Of course we saw the demise of poor Henry and the miracle of his lighter at the scene of the crash. I am not an animal behavior specialist, but why would an animal be out running around in a driving snowstorm? Grammer was atrocious at times, so unlike pt. 1.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

blah...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

wonderful. sorry its the end. Please write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice job

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

Jesus Christ, you're a fucking moron. It's bad enough that brain-dead talking heads, politicians and celebrities word-vomit lies, misinformation and stupidity, but when it bleeds into LW on Lit, it's a lost cause.

Go suck Joe Rogan's dick a little more, you half wit.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

A modern re-telling of It's a Wonderful Life, but referencing It's a Wonderful Life?" That was cleverly done.

Incidentally the story of the sickly young boy and the solider who made him turn around? It made me shiver a little because something very similar happened to someone close to me when they were a sickly young child in hospital.

BlastusBlastusover 2 years ago

Sentimental, predictable drivel that borrowed heavily from the movie ... so I loved it! You brought tears to my eyes. Don't let the hypercritical, jaded cynics hinder your future writing. We live in a cruel world where an occasional happy ending can lift our spirits.

40fathoms40fathomsover 2 years ago

Wow! What a tale. I myself am a Vietnam veteran and it's nice that some have some kind thoughts about us.

This was a great story and I'm looking forward to reading some of your future writings.

Leejeff5456Leejeff5456over 2 years ago
Thank you thank you plus 1 million stars

A truly inspiring story. This story should be the new American Christmas Carol movie. Thank you again for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Drivel.

sloggersloggerover 2 years ago

Nice effort. Do not let the 'nay sayers' get you down. I enjoyed this.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 2 years ago
Dickens

“God bless us … every one.”

‘everyone ‘ is redundant after us.

‘every one’ is also, but provides emphasis.

Also, because ‘everyone’ is commonly not taken literally.

Both are singular (word or phrase.). Everyone IS here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done

Rw43Rw43over 2 years ago

Well, "if the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines." So I guess it could have been Henry.

<>

And then he guided little Henry back to his family, too.<>

<>

Sweet story. Just a minor quibble: my 3 y.o. grandson cannot yet put two logical thoughts in sequence. A child whose organs are not fully developed at birth--particularly male--is going to be a little behind the calendar, especially with communication skills. So a 3 y.o. boy probably can say either "I'm hungry" or "can I have pancakes?" But he won't yet be able to put them back-to-back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked it very well. I hope you continue to write great stories such as this. Thank you sir

Rw43Rw43over 2 years ago

Re. a couple minor details to Anonnys:

I have no idea what a Glock 40 shoots. But 40mm = about 1.575 inches, not 15.75.

<>

I get the point about "politically incorrect" medical treatments as opposed to "scientifically proven/unproven". But here in the US, certain medical treatments were discouraged because they were politically incorrect more than because they were unproven. (The vaccine was unproven,, but became SOP.) Otherwise they wouldn't have been mocked simply because their primary usage was not pioneered before Covid rampaged. "Ivermectin is a horse dewormer." So what? If it helps the patient at a certain point in the life cycle of the virus, why shouldn't it be used?

<>

Cialis was not invented to fix ED; but if it helps the patient, who cares?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perfect... timing is everything.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

Only thing you missed was making him deaf in one ear.

I’ll admit that the standard LW trope of the ex wife telling him that she realizes he was the better man grates on my nerves; Women just never do that!

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

Really well done like any good Christmas tale. Really liked it.

hankmbb1017hankmbb1017over 2 years ago

A fantastic read! Keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great Christmastime story! Damn those allergies!

But I had to chuckle when I read about Henry's Glock 40mm anti-aircraft gun.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed your version of It's a Wonderful Life and the last angle was the most respected.

Your comment about half of Chad's newspapers closing is a reflection of reality today. Smaller papers with low subscription levels are withering on the gossip line. With the increased use of smart phones for everything the user in interested in a hard copy of news obsolete. In time we will see the passing of the USPS except for the delivery of packages and junk mail (which will also soon die out in favor of spam) in favor of email and Facebook.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous