Christmas in the County Ch. 02

Story Info
A Joyful Noise is made on Christmas Eve.
4.6k words
4.81
6.5k
4

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/05/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

***

Part 8 - Raw Judicial Power

"Did you hear me?" Judge Harry R. Nance yelled into State Patrol Captain Cortese's face. "Shut this shit down!"

"No!" declared Acting Chief Abram. "Your order is not lawful. This rally is legal!"

"You're full of shit, kike!' yelled Nance. He turned to Cortese and said "Well? What are you waiting for?"

"Hold on, there!" a voice called out. Walking up to Nance was Sheriff Griswold, with Carole Troy in tow. The Sheriff was still wearing his tan sweatshirt with the Clan Crowbar icon, and Carole was still wearing her white sweatshirt with the same icon. But the Sheriff was also displaying his badge on his belt.

He patted Abram on the back and said "I've got this, Chief Abram." He squared up to Nance and said loudly "I am the supreme Law Enforcement authority in this County. We do not obey unlawful orders, nor will I permit unlawful orders to be followed!"

Nance looked apoplectic, as if his head literally might explode. "You heard me, Cortese!"

"I heard the Sheriff, too." said Captain Cortese. "And he's right: he's the ultimate law enforcement authority for this County. We will follow his orders over yours."

"Yeah." said a six-year-old girl who was standing in front of the Sheriff, her little arms crossed. "And you're a mean person!"

"Why you little..." Nance snarled and actually reached his hands out as if to grab her. A lot of Police Officers were moving to jump in and stop him, but they stopped when they saw a red crowbar appear in front of Nance's neck, held by the man behind Nance, a man who's face matched Nance's in purposeful anger.

"You touch my daughter, Nance," I whispered (though loudly) into Nance's ear, "and I will kill you, right here in front of allll these people."

Nance was stunned at first, then recovered as he turned to face me. "You son of a bitch!" he snarled. "I'm going to have your badge for this! I'm a judge! You'll be in jail for Contempt, if not assault!"

"Bring. It. On." I snarled right back into Nance's contorted face. "I'm a father that will protect my daughter by beating you to death if you touch her. Now this is my First Amendment Rally, and you are not welcome here. Get out."

"God damn you to Hell, Troy!" Nance snarled.

"You'll be there first, opening the door for me." I replied. Nance stalked off back to the Courthouse, his face beet red with furious anger.

"Good job, Fussbudget." I said as I fist-bumped Carole. "Thank you, Sheriff, Chief Abram." I fist-bumped them, then the other Officers and State Patrolmen at the scene.

"Gotta admit," Griswold growled, "I loved doing that, standing up to that piece of crap. Oh, sorry about having Carole here, but I didn't see her mother and had to move fast."

"It's okay, Grandpa Grizz!" Carole said happily. "I wouldn't have missed that for the world!" Everyone burst out laughing at that...

Part 9 - The Party Never Stops...

The Sheriff, Carole, and I began making our way back to the flagpole and the statue of President Jefferson. When we got there, we told my Angels what had happened with Nance. Teresa said "Excuse me!" and began running towards City Hall.

Moments later, we found out what the Iron Wolf had done: a country music singer, Trace Brown, who often performed at the Country Music Palace, came on stage. He was also a cancer survivor at 34 years old. And then the crowd roared as the Cancer Kids began coming onto the stage.

After the ovation, Trace Brown said into the microphone. "As you know, an evil person tried to use the Constitution against itself to deny these kids the chance to have their voices heard!" The audience roared, then Trace Brown said "So this song is for him and those Establishment Elites that think they can order us around!"

Another roar, and then the music started. It was the Rolling Stones's 'You Can't Always Get What You Want'. And like the kids choir that started that album, our Cancer Kids began singing:

"No, you can't always get what you want
No, you can't always get what you want
No, you can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime, you just might find
You get what you need.
"

As Trace Brown began singing the rest of the song, I said to Cindy and Tanya: "You know, that'd be a great song for some Presidential candidate to use against the Elites and his opponent, the most corrupt politician in American history."

"You're bad." Cindy replied.

"But yes," Tanya said with a twinkle in her eyes, "it's a message the Elites need to have shoved in their faces, like what the Junior Crowbar did to Nance..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We were starting to reach the exciting conclusion of the Rally. A lot of black people had come to the party, even a few younger ones wearing 'Black Voices Raised' sweaters. But they didn't cause any trouble, and danced to the music like the rest of us were doing.

To my surprise, T-Square himself came up to us, fist-bumping people along the way. His 'Regiment' looked distressed. His niece Tasha gave him a big hug, as did his sister Paulina. I told the leader of The Regiment to relax, that T-Square was well-protected by the Police, and the Guardians of Justice M.C. right behind us. The Regiment still looked distressed.

As the music of Mannheim Steamroller's version of God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen began playing, everyone began dancing to the upbeat music. I looked behind me to see Cindy and Callie leading their fellow country music fans in what must've been a world record synchronized line dance. Drones recording the event would show they were all in sync.

GOJMC members joined the line dance, making it even larger. And I noticed that some of the GOJMC members were dancing with the people wearing the 'Black Voices Raised' shirts. Acolytes from 'The Vision' were dancing with each other and with others, as well.

As to myself, I was dancing with Carole as Tasha danced with her Uncle T-Square. The girls were doing a lot of twirling and jumping up and down. Laura took photos of us, and they showed that Carole was smiling and laughing, having the time of her life as she danced with Daddy. Tasha was having a lot of fun dancing with her uncle, as well.

The big LED lights were flashing red, green, and white, making this the world's biggest outdoor disco event, I thought to myself.

As the song finally toned down, everyone roared. And then another roar as the Cancer Kids (and cancer adults) came out on stage. It was time for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's version of the Christmas Canon. Alice started playing the preamble on her violin. And the kids made a joyful noise as they sang:

"Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas

(The joy that he brings) Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas
(The joy that he brings) Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas
(The joy that he brings) Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas
(The joy that he brings) Merry Christmas

This night, we pray, Our lives, will show
This dream, he had, Each child, still knows

This night, we pray, Our lives, will show
This dream, he had, Each child, still knows."

As they sang, the big lights dimmed down... to be replaced by people bringing out their smart phones, and turning on the little lights. It became a sparkling sea of pinpoints of light as the children sang:

"Weeeee arrrrre waiiii-ting, (On this night, on this night, on this very Christmas night)
We have not forgotten... (On this night, on this night, on this very Christmas night)...
"

As Alice finished off the song with her beautiful violin play, everyone cheered, thinking that was it except for the Hallelujah Chorus.

But it was not.

Teresa Croyle came out, to applause. "Wowwww, look at her." Cindy said, observing what I had also seen, a certain glow on Teresa's face.

Father Romano came up to us. He shook hands with T-Square, who was very respectful to the Chaplain, then came over next to Cindy and me, a certain look on his face, too. "This is going to be something special." he said quietly to us. I just nodded.

Alice began playing 'O Holy Night', then Teresa began singing:

"O holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks, A new and glorious morn..."

And then Teresa hit it, going to her knees as she belted out the next lines:

"Falllllllll on your knees!
O hear the angel voices
O night divine, O night when Christ was born...
"

The crowd roared as Teresa sang her heart out. "Oh my God!" Cindy gasped out. "I didn't know she could sing like that! Don, did you know?"

I shook my head. "No, I didn't know she could do that." Father Romano had a smile of great satisfaction on his face.

The Cancer Kids sang the chorus:

"Christ is the Lord, O praise His Name forever
His power and glory, Evermore proclaim
His power and glory, Evermore proclaim
"

I looked around, seeing Teresa and the Kids illuminated on stage by the stage lights. The big lights were out, and a majestic view of a sea of Ten Thousand Points of Light was her view from the stage. It was one of the most awesome things I'd ever seen. And it just got better...

Teresa finished it off with the French version of the ending. And Laura Branigan and Celine Dion had nothing on Teresa as she hit the high note perfectly:

"No-el, No-ELLLLLLLLL!
Ohhh, o night di-vine!"

I could see the emotion on Teresa's face as she finished, and exhaustion with it. She had poured her very heart and soul into that performance. As the crowd roared in deafening applause, the Cancer Kids broke ranks and came up and group-hugged her, and I could see she was fighting not to break down crying.

As the big klieg lights came back on, Sheriff Griswold appeared at my side again. Carole went to him and he picked her up. Carole said "I'll stay with Grandpa Grizz again, Daddy."

"Okay, but why-------"

"Would Commander Don Troy please come up to the stage?" Teresa announced into the microphone, her voice ringing over the Square. "Commander Troy, please come up!"

"You gotta go, Daddy." Carole said as I looked over at her. Now how did she know that was coming? I wondered to myself.

I put that into its compartment of the mind, then extended my red crowbar to her and said "Here, hold this for me." The look on Carole's face cannot be adequately described as she took the crowbar from me. The Sheriff was beaming, his mustaches twitching most merrily.

The music of BanYa's 'Beethoven Virus' began playing on the speakers, one of my favorite tunes and the music that had been used to introduce me when I gave my speech at Sheriff Griswold's political rally the year before. (Author's note: 'The Guardians of Justice', Ch. 06.) As I began making my way towards the stage, I thought that this would be a great Iron Crowbar theme song. And it might not be Christmas music, but it was Beethoven. And everyone knows that Beethoven is AWESOME!

The crowds parted like the Red Sea for me, everyone applauding and cheering. As I ascended the steps, I felt no pain in my back because of the adrenaline rush and the energy of the cheering crowd. When I reached the top of the stage, Teresa greeted me with a bear hug, which I warmly returned for a long moment. As we separated, I pointed at the top of Teresa's head and then made the 'raise the roof' sign. The audience just roared even louder.

"As you know," Teresa said into the microphone, "a very evil man tried to silence these wonderful voices and suppress our free speech rights. But the Iron Crowbar did not permit these kids to give up, nor to lose hope. He promised them they would sing, and he has kept that promise!" The crowd roared.

"So," Teresa said, "the kids have a gift for you." Little Joy came up with a long box, and Teresa removed the top. I reached in and took out... a crowbar. It was painted as a candy cane, in shimmering metallic red and lustrous silvery white stripes running diagonally down and around its length. I held the crowbar up with both hands, displaying it to the roaring crowd.

"This is a memento to remind you of this... glorious day." Teresa said into the microphone. I smiled in understanding; those were the words I'd used on her as I'd told her to keep the crowbar she'd used in the Police Boxing Matches. (Author's note: 'A Death in the Family', Ch 01.) She was now giving it back, having had the Cancer Kids paint it up for me.

"Thank you." I said as I took the microphone Teresa handed me. "Thank you for this wonderful gift... and the even greater gift of singing for us tonight!" The crowd roared.

"As you know," I said as I turned to face the crowd, "Psalms One Hundred and Sixty-Six... that's Psalm 100, and Psalm 66... say 'Make a joyful noise to the Lord!'. And tonight, YOU have made a joyful noise, indeed!" The crowd roared.

"Yes, evil people subverted the law and our Constitution in an attempt to suppress your voices." I said. "But tonight, you exercised YOUR Right of Free Speech, YOUR Right to Peaceably Assemble, and YOUR Right to Exercise your Religion!" More roars from the crowd.

"I am very pleased that our friends of the Guardians of Justice Motorcycle Club joined us for this celebration of our First Amendment rights!" The GOJMC cheered loudly, as did many others, then I said "Tonight, ladies and gentlemen, you are ALL Guardians of Just-issss!" I felt as much as heard the huge ovation from the crowd.

"Standing up for Justice, and for your Rights, is not an easy thing." I said into the microphone. "But let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid! You have overcome the fear the Enemy has tried to impose upon you, and you have stood up tonight to send a message to those who would suppress your voices! Together, we are strong! Together, we are unbeatable!" The crowd roared.

"Tomorrow is Christmas Day." I said, to finish up. "Christmas is all about family, so let's go home to be with our families. Thank you for coming, and have a very, merry Christmas!" The crowd roared one last time, then began dispersing. I was 'enduring' the hugs of Cancer Kids, the same way that Bowser 'endures' skritchins.

Part 10 - Cleanup on Aisle 1

As the Cancer Kids went inside, to be herded back into the buses for their trip back to the Hospital, I said to Teresa "Well, I've got to clean up before I can go home. Fortunately, there's not too much trash." Indeed, the crowd had been very good about getting trash to the trash cans and boxes that had been set up.

"I think that's being taken care of." Teresa said, pointing out over the Square.

The Guardians of Justice M.C. were lining up on the south side of the Square in a long row, and I heard cries of "Police Call! Police Call!" T-Square had the drummers from BTW High out there as well, having told them that as leaders they had to do the bad jobs as well as the good. Most of them lined up with the leather-jacketed men and women, while a few guarded the drums and began drumming a beat for everyone to follow. The drum major blew his whistle and everyone started out across the Square.

It was the best Police Call that this former military Officer had ever seen. By the time they were done, there was not one scrap of trash on the Square; it was totally clean. The boxes of trash were brought to center points, and were collected by the Sanitation Department. After it was done, the Riders mounted their metal steeds, and began driving off into the night, ultimately going in several directions.

Workers with the light and sound companies were already taking down the lights and sound systems, removing the lights closest to the stage last. Others were taking down the temporary stage already. As Teresa and I stood under the flagpole and watched, I was amazed at the speed and efficiency with which they did their tasks. And they'd refused the extra overtime pay I'd offered. Before midnight, the Square looked exactly as it always had.

As Teresa and I walked back to Police Headquarters, I said "You were awesome tonight. I had no idea you could sing like that."

"Neither did I." said Teresa. "Father Romano got me to sing with the Catholic Church choir, and then they all told me I needed to be singing with the Cancer Kids. So I practiced with them. And then I thought it was over when Nance killed the concert at the Hospital."

"Well!" I said. "We were not going to let that bastard prevent the World from hearing your magnificent voice. You truly did an awesome job! And you did great with the Kids, too."

Teresa said "Don... I can't begin to tell you what you did for those kids... and for me. I almost lost hope, too. And when you made that promise to them that the show would go on... I wondered what would happen if you couldn't do it. And I was wrong to even think it. I'm... I'm sorry I doubted you."

"Just don't doubt me again." I quipped. "Seriously, it was easy for me. It's hard for those kids. Living is hard for those kids. They were strong motivation for me."

We got to Headquarters. Teresa and I went in and greeted the Officers on duty, many of them Auxiliary Officers that had volunteered for Holiday duty, and many of them being Jewish and volunteering to work the Christmas holiday and let their Christian Brothers in Blue have the time with their families.

"You did a great job tonight, Chief Abram." I said to Abram as we greeted him in the Chief's Conference Room.

"Yes, I heard how you stood up to Nance." Teresa said, shaking his hand. "That was great. And we need courage like yours in these... 'interesting'... times."

"Thank you, ma'am," said Abram, "but it's easy for me. I always think of how things might have been if someone had stood up when Jews were being hauled off in railroad cars to the death camps."

"Some did stand up. And they died." I said. "But you're right: you stood up tonight, and maybe millions won't have to die in the future..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As Teresa and I walked out to our cars, she said "We'll come over for dinner tomorrow afternoon. Seems Mike and Doug don't have a problem with going next door for food. And little Jack... he just doesn't seem to care at all. I wonder about him, sometimes."

"Carole says he's going to be a politician when he grows up." I said. "She says that's the perfect job for him, because he likes to manipulate people."

"Now that would not surprise me." Teresa said. "But I think there's good in him, so I'm not giving up on him."

"Well," I said, "we didn't give up on you, and look how that turned out. Best singing I think I've ever heard."

"Awww." Teresa said. "But it did feel good. How about you? Do you feel good about what you did?"

"The kids were happy." I said. "You were happy. The Townspeople are happy. The Constitution is a little bit happier, I think. So yes, I'm happy."

Teresa hugged me and I returned it. "I love you." she said. "More than you'll ever know."

"I do know." I said. "I love you, too." As we got into our vehicles, I noticed that Teresa had gotten her iPhone out and was making a call...

12