All Comments on 'Christmas in the County Ch. 02'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
beauty in the soul

y.ou know what it means to feel deep in your soul what is right and reach out and help us feel that feeling that is like no other bless you.x

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another great chapter

Absolutely wonderful story. I hope you keep them coming so I have plenty to read. I check in constantly to see when you've posted another chapter.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
WHY DO THESE NAZI AMERICANS WHO ARE ELECTED AND SELF APPOINTED SO CALLED LEADERS ALLOWED TO FLOURISH

there has to be balancing laws to protect and enforce and overseers to enforce them. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stone’s message?

Do not get the Christmas message [ or the political leadership message ] in a song about drugs, street protest and a deceptive woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Stones

And if a president had asked for permission instead of just using that song in order to get some free publicity (which he did, and has done multiple times before and since), he might have been able to use it. Then again he might not. Who knows? A lot of people seem to not want him to be associated with their music for some reason. There are good people on both sides I guess.

Skidder.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Damn.

You got me right in the Feel Goods. Great job!

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 3 years agoAuthor
about the Stones's song

in 2016, then-candidate Trump's campaign played that song to conclude his speeches. When asked why it was being played, he said it was sending a message to (the Establishment) that they couldn't dictate to the American people who to nominate.

As to the legalities, the campaign had a blanket license to play various songs, and the Stones song was covered by that. The Stones demanded the campaign stop playing it and threatened to sue, but the campaign had the legal permission to use it, and the group would've lost any lawsuit filed. They did 'request' a second time that the campaign stop using it, and AFAIK it hasn't been used in 2020.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Stones II

There's a provision to that license that if the artist objects to the person using it, they have to stop and the record label has sent him a notice that they got such an objection notice from the artist.

Was from a 2020 article (and I heard about it on the BBC so I guess it happened recently)

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 3 years agoAuthor
Stones Redux

I deleted a message that had information about this issue, not because of the information but because the comment also included personal cheap shots. Again, do not personally insult other commenters, me, or the current President.

Apparently the song WAS used at a 2020 campaign event, and the group and BMI again demanded it not be used. The legal issues are still in flux, so we'll see what happens.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Fabulous!

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 3 years agoAuthor
Next story submitted.

The next story, "Time Flies", has been submitted and hopefully will be published soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A couple of facts for anyone who's read the most recent stories:

1. University faculty is 60% liberal/40% conservative.

2. Military leadership is 60% conservative/40% liberal. Difference is we don't see candidates openly attacking the military as a center for conservative indoctrination to appeal to their base.

3. Less than 30% of American's consider the media to be 'trustworthy.' How could the media be the all-powerful enemy so many seem to think it is if so few people actually trust it?

4. Ask the SPLC, FBI, DHS, ADL, or any other domestic extremism and terrorism tracker: you are 3-5 times more likely to be killed by a radical right-wing extremist than by a radical left-wing extremist.

5. The title of "There is no liberal media bias in which news stories political journalists choose to cover," a peer-reviewed publication by the AAAS, should tell you all you need to know.

6. Intense religiosity has been strongly correlated with violence, including being 7x more likely to abuse children. A belief in God has NOT, but fanaticism-level religion has. Keep in mind that correlation does not equal causation, of course.

To truly combat bias (including our own), I recommend applying the concept of falsifiability to our political positions. In science, falsifiability is what separates genuine science (Evolutionary Synthesis) from pseudo-science (Intelligent Design Creationism). Scientists are expected to be skeptical, but they are also expected to define a clear point where they will say "I'm convinced." Applying that to our everyday lives is the perfect way to combat fake news and alternative facts, on both sides of the aisle. The next time you hear or read the news, whether you believe it or disbelieve it, ask yourself: "What is a reasonable point at which I will say 'I was wrong'".

missouridocmissouridocover 3 years ago
Christmas in the County

While I have enjoyed all of your stories, this one tops the list! Thank you for such a beautiful gift!

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Apt and very sweet, ideal as a Christmas story. As I catch up I'm beginning to clue in on your thought processes, I think.

chytownchytown5 months ago

*****Good read. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES