Christmas Past, Christmas Present Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Two people in back, standing in the shadows and unseen by anyone in the audience to that point, turned to go before the recessional began. Each noticing the other for the first time, they gave a respectful nod to their counterpart without saying a word.

The man, rather distinguished with a bit of gray in his hair and coming from the bride's side, extended an elbow to the pretty, auburn-haired woman coming from the groom's. She hooked her hand through the crook in his elbow and both turned to look back at the happy couple as the recessional music started to play. With a smile at each other, they exited the church doors into the light as Paula and Bruce took the first steps of their new life together.

The End

***

Author's Note...

Thanks so much for reading! If you enjoyed the story, please let me know with your comments, favorites, and votes, and feel free to check out my other stories. Follows are greatly welcomed, too.

The "cabbages and kings" quote comes from the poem "The Walrus and the Carpenter" from the book "Through the Looking Glass", Lewis Carroll's sequel to "Alice in Wonderland."