All Comments on 'Christmas Siege'

by oggbashan

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
WilCox49WilCox49over 4 years ago
Another very nice one--but too brief

Very nice indeed. I wonder a little about the handing over of English lands to Wales, but I'm sure it wasn't impossible for strong enough reasons, and you provided some strong ones.

Again, I wish it could be longer and more detailed--not a lot, necessarily. But a wonderful job with what you did.

Two very minor points:

I'm very glad to see the older form, "inflammable", rather than "flammable". At least on this side of the pond, that usage decisively changed during my own lifetime, possibly by government directive; my guess is that too many people read "inflammable" as meaning "not flammable", and "flammable" makes superficial sense--which it probably wouldn't to people who used Latin freely.

And my own (slight!) knowledge of this period comes from a series of mystery/romance novels by Ellis Peters (Edith Pargeter), which I've greatly enjoyed for many years. There, the Empress Matilda is the Empress Maude; I'm slightly confused about the two names, but apparently it's historical and not an invention. At any rate, I'm glad to read even something even as brief as this, set during the Anarchy, along the Welsh border. Thank you!

-- Wil Cox

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another winner!

This is another great story. I only wish it was a novel. Keep up the great work.

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 4 years ago
Another great tale - thank you for giving us so many wonderful stories.

Short and sweet and neatly presented (just like my Welsh wife)

You are a star.

Yours

A Hampshire hog.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroggbashan@oggbashan
Can I now change bio? oggbashan was diagnosed as terminally ill and expected to be dead by June 2018. As you can see. I am still here. . As long as I can I will continue writing and posting on Literotica but there will be an end - soon. I don't expect anyone to like ALL of my...