Chronicles of a Shared Wife Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This latter fact being confirmed by a large cushion she's sitting upon, the sight of which puts me on a collision course with the giggles that by some miracle, I manage to avoid.

Before we part company, John gives Sue a twenty towards her worthy dog rescue cause and takes several pictures of the american truck, which despite Sue's misgivings he loves.

Although my first impressions of Sue were of her being rude and common, I do end up liking the lady and feeling an affinity with her as I too love animals, especially dogs, they are so like us in character.

We both thank Sue for the ride and wish her the best of luck with her good cause before heading off once more into our beautiful surroundings.

**

Later that that day...

"Shit!" John's single word is bursting with irritation as he draws to a sudden stop in front of me, staring at something within the wooded area we're about to head into that I cannot initially see. Moving to one side of him my gaze follows the direction of his nod, "I was afraid of this."

My hubby's words are in response to an old weather beaten sign nailed high up on a tree that says...PRIVATE NO ADMITTANCE.

John looks down at me, shakes his head a little displaying a frustrated expression, then defiantly says, "Bugger it...we're going in anyway...just don't make any loud noises and follow me closely."

I am a little worried about trespassing and make this known to John but I can see he's determined so don't protest too much, also I'm eager to see the place he's selected for this evenings camp.

After being dropped off by the likeable but foul mouthed Sue, we stopped to have dinner next to a wonderful little beck, then pressed on and walked all afternoon through spectacular scenery to arrive here now at early evening.

Along the way John has been heavily hinting about somewhere special to camp tonight so I'm understandably intrigued.

As we make our way past a rusty broken down barbed wire fence John tells me that if they were that concerned about trespassers, a better fence would be in place, adding that the sign looked very old and the landowner was probably not that bothered anymore.

Once within the treeline we make easy progress, this type of woodland being different from last night's as we are surrounded by deciduous trees this time. Oak, ash, beech, some willow, all with pale green new foliage. Spring is such an alive season, everything coming back to life after the dark cold winter.

Being in a place I know that we are forbidden brings with it an exciting secretive feeling, elevating our surroundings already special quality.

After a half hours walking we arrive at a good place to camp near another beck, this one being broader than the last with deep crystal clear waters...it is a perfect place to stay for the night and I thank John with complimentary words and a loving kiss for picking such a tranquil spot.

He tells me that he'd studied google maps carefully to pick this particular area for the second nights camp.

With the woods seemingly deserted, John instructs me to rest and take it easy while he goes off to collect firewood. Watching John wander off as I remove my pack, it's sheer bliss to get the bloody thing off, the straps hurt my boobs and the constant weight is a burden.

Once free I plonk down next to a tree resting with my back against the trunk. Looking around at the beauty that surrounds me I'm suddenly overcome by a rare phenomena...a perfect moment in time, I've only experienced it on a few occasions before. A brief moment when everything is perfectly harmonised, the sights before me, the sounds of nature, the clean fresh air, my state of mind and last but not least...how utterly relaxed I am.

So relaxed in fact that unbelievably I nod off!

Waking with a start to some noise close by...heart thumping in my ears...looking quickly around I can't see anybody but something made a noise...

It happens again this time louder, a splashing sound just yards away coming from near the bank...followed by a loud quacking and a higher pitched chirping...a family of ducks swim into view...the little yellow and brown ducklings following mum and dad.

Breathing a sigh of relief then cursing myself for nodding off here on my own, anything could have happened. Quickly checking my watch I realise almost half an hour has past and John is still not back.

Panic takes hold once more as I get up and begin scanning the trees for any sign of my hubby...nothing. Listening carefully, all I can hear is the gentle babble of the beck.

Where is he! When collecting firewood he doesn't usually go far and is only around five minutes...something must have happened.

I wait another agonising ten minutes while my fear induced imagination runs amok, conjuring up all manner of horrible scenarios...and then suddenly a crack of fallen twig grabs my attention...turning I see John slowly coming into view.

Relief washes over me and I stride over to greet him. John, seeing the state I'm in immediately begins apologising for being so long. We embrace and I squeeze him tightly, "Never do that again." The simple request is whispered near his ear, my eyes screwed tight shut as I clutch hold not wanting to let go.

Eventually I do relax and now I've got what I wanted other emotions come rushing in, irritation... quickly turning to anger.

Looking up at him I ask, "Where the hell have you been?...I've been worried sick!...and where's the firewood?...I thought you..."

John interrupts my rant, "Hey hey...it's alright calm down...I'm sorry okay?...take it easy...we don't need any firewood...look...I bumped into somebody back there." He motions over his shoulder before continuing to explain.

"This guy...he's called Eric...he's really nice and friendly and we got chatting...that's why I was a while...sorry love I didn't notice how long I'd been."

John goes on to explain that this guy Eric knows the landowners and they allow him to camp here. He tells me that Eric has built a type of large 'den' in the woods about three hundred yards away.

"Bloody hell Pip your not gunna believe it... it's like something out of swiss family robinson...Eric says we can stay there with him tonight if we want...that's why I didn't bother collecting the wood."

Seeing my surprised and somewhat irritated expression at the sudden change in our camping plans, John quickly adds something that piques my interest. "Just come and have a look then decide ok?...if you don't want to stay we don't have to...but I think your gunna like Eric...he's a real nice friendly guy."

After saying this John raises his eyebrows and gives me a familiar, knowing look. He doesn't say anything else suggestive but that look is all I need to know. It appears that my hubby's brief interaction with this Eric character has stirred his desire, knowing that we are actively looking for a new 'friend' he seems to think there may be potential here and wants my opinion.

The fact that John has taken interest in the possibility after such a short encounter with this stranger, intrigues me. Softening, I give him a little smile before relenting to my hubby's proposal, "Alright...I'll have a look."

John gives me a warm grin back, then instructs me to get my pack and follow him into the woods.

As we make our way deeper in amongst the trees John tells me a little more about his recent encounter. Apparently Eric surprised him while he was looking for firewood, my hubby initially expecting trouble mistakenly believing him to be the landowner. But apart from Eric being a little taken aback by John's presence he was very open and friendly and invited him back to his den to have a look, obviously very proud. Eric is another with the gift of the gab and kept John talking, hence my recent panicked state.

As my hubby finishes explaining a little about the eccentric character I'm about to meet, he pauses and points at something off into the trees directly ahead, "There look....can you see?"

Gazing along John's outstretched arm and extended finger...I can't see anything but trees. Pointing this fact out to him, John looks down at me and grins, "Yeah I know...it's well camouflaged...that's what got me...didn't know it was there."

On moving closer a structure melts into focus, beginning to stand out from the background branches and foliage. At first it resembles a hide of sorts for bird watching or hunting but as we draw near I realise that this structure is much larger.

Looking off to the side I see a tall boundary fence curving away from me, it's made of cut branches and around six feet high. Following John we move along it's length in a semicircle, "The entrance is around here...come on it's alright he knows we're coming."

Continuing to follow my husband closely, after several yards we find ourselves in a clearing at the front of this circular fence, where a doorway can be seen. Without hesitation John steps inside, following him within I suddenly stop in total surprise...looking around myself wide eyed...this place is incredible.

Its sheer size is quite something, the perimeter fence forming a circle around thirty yards in diameter completely enclosing us. There are various items of camp craft and 'furniture' within the interior, a bench for sawing wood, several rustic looking chairs made from branches, a cooking pot stand, tools etc.

Over in one corner is a small lean-to open fronted shack inside of which I can see a bed, again made of natural materials undoubtedly found here in the surrounding woodland.

And there, right in the middle of all this, tending to a fire, is Eric.

He's been crouched down on his knees blowing at the base of the fire where small flames can be seen beginning to lick upwards, but now upon our appearance he stands and approaches, a broad friendly grin on his face.

He comes striding over to me and holds out a hand before speaking with a strong yorkshire accent, "Ey up lass I'm Eric it's nice to meet ye." We shake hands and with a cheery, "Hi." I introduce myself.

After this friendly greeting we are invited to join him around the growing fire, Eric guiding me to sit next to him on a log. He is indeed very friendly and a gracious host, offering us both a tin of fosters lager and something to eat, a large slice of rabbit pie he's brought from home.

My first impressions of Eric honestly? Aren't great, physically anyway. A very short chubby man with a large round face appearing to be in his sixties, we later discover it was his seventieth birthday recently. He's far from handsome, with a big nose and small beady eyes full of mischief, reminiscent of a rather smutty british comedian called Benny hill. Eric has a full head of short neatly cropped silver grey hair.

He has stubble but no moustache or beard and is wearing camo trousers and a black sweater.

Although I don't have to fight the urge to rip my panties off and hurl them at him in a hysterical lust induced frenzy, I do quickly develop a liking for the pint-sized guy...my eyes are level with his...

Suffice to say, I'm initially attracted to his character rather than anything physical. Although I am later to discover that little Eric has a rather special physical attribute.

We fall into easy conversation and even though I am a yorkshire girl born and bred I do find Eric's strong dialect and some of the slang words hard to follow at times.

Eric asks us lots of questions and explains that he doesn't normally get visitors except for a long time friend and fellow wild camper who occasionally drops in on him. He admits it was a surprise to see john just there yards from his den gathering wood, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless. He normally prefers solitude but tonight is in the mood for company so doesn't mind us just appearing out the blue like this.

He goes on to tell us that he used to live around here many years ago and spent his early childhood days playing and camping out in this very wood. Due to a tragedy, the death of his father, the family were forced to move to leeds where Eric's mum had family support, there he spent most of his life until recently retiring from his job as an electrician for the local council.

Together with his wife of almost fifty years Jean, Eric moved back to the village where he grew up just a few miles away from here, several years previously. Getting reacquainted with some of his old childhood friends and residents that he used to know as a boy, all now grey haired like himself. Among these folk was the local landowners son, himself pushing eighty and in ill health. The old guy remembered the family from decades earlier, his father, now long dead had been good friends with Eric's father and allowed them both to camp out in his woods, this is where Eric had developed his love of nature and passion for everything outdoors.

Now, all these decades later the elderly son had granted permission at Eric's request, to once again camp out on his land.

I find listening to Eric tell his story very endearing, he certainly has the 'old man charm' that I find so attractive but also possesses a child like enthusiasm regarding the outdoor life.

He's also quite a cheeky chappy, with a twinkle in his eye and seems to have taken quite a shine to me, sitting close up on the log and really rather tactile with me, which any other girl might find a bit intrusive, but I don't just tolerate it I let him know through my body language that I'm ok with his 'touchy feely' ways.

John has noticed too, from the secret glances he keeps giving me as he watches us closely from one of the rustic chairs that Eric is proud to inform us are made by him here in the woods, as is the shack etc. It took him several months to complete, and fulfilled a boyhood dream to one day build the ultimate den.

He explains that his wife Jean hates the outdoor life and never joins him here, which suits him fine as he enjoys some time alone. He's up here every weekend from spring through to autumn.

Eric announces rather proudly, "They all think I'm mad...family...friends...say I'm too old to be acting the goat out here on my own but I don't care...other lads my age have hobbies to keep them out from under the wife's feet...fishing...golf...down pub drinking all day...or maybe if they're a lucky bugger a bit on side to keep em busy..." As Eric is saying this he nudges me and winks.

Continuing, "...but for me...this..." He extends both arms outward, "...this is perfect...my passion is nature...it provides everything I need...it's so peaceful here...just close your eyes and listen...go on."

Doing as Eric asks I close my eyes and listen, at first I can only hear the crackle and hiss of our fire but soon other sounds come filtering through, rustle of leaves above us in a gentle breeze, clatter of wood pigeon coming home to roost, a blackbirds tune, and fainter...trickle of water...the beck we stopped at earlier must pass nearby.

Opening my eyes I see Eric watching me closely, "See what I mean?...I even have the beck to lull me to sleep at night."

I do see what he means, this place is special...and not just the place. During the years we've been active as a swinging couple I've developed a keen sense for sniffing out potential 'mates'. I can usually tell if a guy is interested within a few moments...if he...will. And ever since I met Eric I've been getting a very positive indication that goes beyond verbal communication and into the realms of instinct. Even though we know Eric is married, with how he's behaving with me it wouldn't be surprising if he'd had one or more affairs in the past.

John senses it too, I know from those special little glances he gives me...this...is going to work, we can both feel it in the air.

The question of whether or not I want to stay here for the night has already been answered, now I know why John saw potential here.

As the night draws in bringing the cold air with it, and the booze begins to flow, inhibitions are peeled away and our host's gentle flirting becomes noticeable.

There is a degree of flirting that an older gentleman may safely get away with even under the watchful eyes of a girl's hubby, this being due to their charm and apparent innocence. Eric is well aware of this 'margin' and stays comfortably within the safety area, despite my efforts to flirt back in front of my husband and give Eric the come on.

Yes he's a cheeky boy and yes he's willing but, there is caution...which is understandable given the circumstances. The old guy is definitely interested that much I know, and if it weren't for John's presence I'm sure he'd be making a move on me by now.

I adore these first cautious little steps, getting a feel for each other, as does John. We've discussed the subject many times in the past and agree that this 'virgin' exploration period is almost as good as the end result itself.

It's now full dark around ten and I'm feeling ever more tempted to take a risk with Eric, although I'm not exactly dressed for the occasion, wearing cargo trousers and a red plaid shirt. I did manage to get some alone time an hour earlier before we lost full light, advising the boys that I needed to 'powder my nose' before grabbing the personal bag from my pack and going down to the beck to brush my hair and apply a little make up, hindered by the failing light...but I think I did an ok job.

Now, with all of us quite tipsy, Eric offers to help put up a spare tent for myself and John to sleep in. It's one he keeps in reserve for when his friend Josh comes to visit.

With John assisting the pair are soon back in their original places near the fire, Eric up close with me on the log and John in his chair a few yards away on our left, distance in this case being more than just physical...

For my hubby knows and understands what is going on and welcomes it, giving myself and our host some space and allowing things to develop. With the addition of more alcohol Eric has begun to cross a line, his attention upon me now all too obvious.

In the end it all boils down to a rather suggestive remark made by Eric in regards to himself having to retire to bed alone.

Grinning cheekily from John to myself he says, "I wish I had a nice lass to cuddle up with tonight...it's too bloody cold to be on my own."

At this I glance across to John making brief but meaningful eye contact, during which he gives me a little nod so slight as to be almost imperceptible, but I do see it and coupled with the fervent look in his eyes...I know exactly what it means.

My husband is giving me permission to go ahead and take our host's obvious bait...

Looking back at Eric seated next to me I smile warmly before taking the plunge, "Well...it doesn't have to be like that."

His response contains genuine surprise although I do note his expression is still one of a light hearted nature, the cheeky look in his eyes remaining, "Why...what do you mean?"

It's now crunch time, the critical moment where this could go amazingly well...or disastrously wrong. Despite the booze I'm feeling very nervous but trying hard not to show it, with my heart pounding in my ears I continue, "What I mean is this...you've been really nice to us and shared what you have...so...I think it's only right that we should return your kindness and share something that we have with you."

Upon hearing these words Eric's cheeky grin begins to melt away and a more serious expression replaces it, glancing at John he swallows before returning his gaze to me, "I er...I see...and er...and what would that be?"

Without hesitation I lean in towards our host, stopping with my lips close to his ear, "Me." After whispering this into his ear I pull back a little and then go straight in for a kiss on the lips...soft...gentle...lingering.

Towards the end of my bold move Eric pulls abruptly away staring wide eyed in amazement, and for a brief moment it appears I've misjudged our host and made a total fool of myself.