Cinderella's Wife

Story Info
When the slipper fits, but the marriage doesn't.
10.3k words
4.78
22k
56
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear Reader,

If you haven't visited my profile or don't follow me, I wanted to give a little context to my fairytale one-shots. These are just a little exercise in creativity while I'm stuck on a larger project. I write them in three days and don't put them through my usual beta readers. So with typos or grammar issues, I know, please just forgive me.

Also, several people have felt the need to send me feedback or comment on the plausibility of these stories....they are fairytales. If you can't suspend your disbelief for a little free, fairytale smut then kindly choose another story. I've written other, more realistic stories on here that you might enjoy or there are several much better authors on here for you. For those of you with imagination and a love for gay fairytales, enjoy!

xo to you all,

Kate

_

Cinderella was thrilled. When the prince handed her into the carriage to whisk her away to the castle, she finally felt like all her dreams had come true. The single glass slipper on her left foot gleamed in the fading light of the afternoon as the carriage bumped along toward the royal dwelling. Her other shoe was still in her hands and she smiled as she swapped them out so she could hold the glass slipper close. She thought of her measly possessions in her father's house, there was nothing she regretted leaving, nothing she had left that was precious. Her step-mother and step-sisters had ruined it all a long time ago. This slipper was all she had left.

The breath-taking beauty leaned back onto the warm leather and sighed as the town and its brown buildings slid by out the windows. Her mind wandered to her prince. The dance and evening they shared was unforgettable. His kindness and genuine interest in herself, though she was coy and shared little, had touched a part of her heart that had been bruised and abused for far too long.

Cinderella sent a silent thank you, yet again, to that amazing fairy godmother who had made it all possible.

Eventually the carriage swayed to a stop outside the metal gates and tall, stone walls. Cinderella brushed a white-blonde curl out of her eyes as she leaned forward to peer up at the imposing structure. She heard yelling as heralds from the wall shouted down to the coach and then the prince rode into view of the window. He flashed a winning smile at her before leading the carriage through the rising gates.

"Lo! I have found a bride!" The prince's clear voice carried through the carriage door as they pulled up to the castle entrance. Cinderella shrunk back in the seat when she saw the ornate doors for the second time. She looked down at her shabby dress and blushed furiously. More shouts and the clomping of hooves on cobblestones announced the arrival of the rest of the guard. The carriage door was thrown open and a royal hand reached in for the future princess.

But Cinderella was still blushing furiously at her modest appearance. The prince's head followed his hand when he didn't feel her take it.

"What is it, my dear?" His concerned face warmed her heart.

"M-my dress, sir. My clothes, I-I..."

"Do not worry about your appearance, darling! You are beautiful, the most beautiful woman in the kingdom. You should hold your head high. Even these rags look regal on you. However, I will help you feel it."

Suddenly, his royal red cape was swept from his own shoulders and clasped around the blushing blonde. She shrunk under the soft material and allowed it to camouflage the rattiness of her dress as she finally took his hand and alighted from the carriage.

"Hark! Prince Henrique has found his maiden! Make way for the royals!" A herald, still sitting on his horse, called from down in the courtyard behind them as the guards to the left and right bowed. Cinderella clutched the glass slipper to her chest as the prince led her up the steps to the massive doors. Just like the last time she was here, the doors were thrown open as they reached the upper steps, revealing an opulent hall with flickering torchlight.

Behind them, the last rays of orange sunset disappeared below the horizon and the doors shut on the warm scene. Cinderella felt a moment of panic at the closing of the doors, but it all faded away as she looked into the cheerful blue eyes of her prince.

"Will you join my family for dinner this evening?" His soft hand cradled her free one as he asked.

"Yes, yes of course."

Her answer caused him to positively beam. "Wonderful!" As he spoke animatedly about how excited his family would be to meet her, servants poured out of every doorway and down multiple staircases. All of them looked cheerful, plump, and clean, a stark departure from her own serving experience. "Ms. Ginnoire! Please take the future princess up to her new chambers. I'd like her to be ready for the family dinner tonight."

An especially plump, redheaded woman nodded vigorously and ushered Cinderella away. When the blonde looked back, she saw how the prince's large cape trailed behind her as they ascended the stairs. While they climbed, he remained below and spoke excitedly with several more rushing servants.

"Let's get you cleaned and dressed! I'm sure there are several former dresses of the princess's that will fit you. We've kept most of hers. Oh! The pink one will be lovely with your fair skin and light hair."

"Th-thank you, madam."

"Oh dear, call me Gin, everyone does. I've served this family my whole life, started as a scullery maid and worked up to nurse, it's really a fascinating story. You see, one morning the princess's nursemaid was sick and I was downstairs washing dishes..." Cinderella tuned out the bubbly woman as she admired the richly decorated halls and rooms.

Cinderella lost count of how many doors they passed and stairs they climbed. She'd never seen a dwelling even a quarter this large. The number of portraits and paintings on the walls was dizzying.

"Here we are, dear!" Gin squealed and shoved a large, pale blue door open wide. Cinderella swept in behind the redhead and immediately assumed some mistake. The room was massive. It easily could hold the entire main floor of her parent's estate. The walls were a light blue wallpaper, lighter than the sky, and the furniture was painted white with dark blue cushions. A fireplace was centered on the wall and every other space was covered in portraits of women or paintings of flowers.

"Th-this is my room?" Cinderella hated the stutter in her voice.

"Oh bless you, child. Yes! This is the blue room. It was her majesty's when she was a girl. Of course it looked quite a bit different! Princess Olivette had it decorated and renamed when she moved her apartments to this hall. Most of the artwork you see is hers."

Cinderella paused on a painting of a bluebird. It was done in watercolor and the little bird seemed to be admiring the viewer right back. "She must be very talented," she whispered.

"Goodness, yes! But, we will have plenty of time to admire the art later. Now, you need a bath and a dress!" Gin marched Cinderella to a doorway along the right and pushed it open to reveal yet another room. This one was done less ornately and was on a smaller scale than the previous room. A large, metal tub sat in the center and several maids were already filling it with steaming water. They entered and exited through a far door that was barely noticeable in the wall.

Without ceremony, Gin unhooked the cloak from around her neck and carefully pried the slipper from her hands. "I will set it right on this cushion. It will not leave your sight, okay?"

Cinderella just nodded.

"Do you need help with your dress, milady?" One of the younger women offered. Cinderella blushed. She'd helped her step-mother and sisters bathe before, but she'd never taken a bath herself, at least not since she was a child. As a woman and a servant, she used a cold basin and a threadbare rag to clean herself on the rare occasions she had a minute alone. However, what her fairy godmother did to her had magically zapped most of her dirt and smell away before the ball. Though in the week since, her regular chores had replaced some of the filth.

Gin smiled warmly, "Child, we are all here to help you. Please, let us get you cleaned up for dinner." At that moment, Cinderella's stomach growled. Gin's smile grew, "And dinner can't be soon enough! Look at you, our lower maids have more meat on their bones! Well, don't worry, the cook will have you fattened up in no time. She certainly has done so with me!" The other maids chuckled and nodded as Gin carefully helped Cinderella remove her ratty dress then plunked her into the warm tub.

While the scrubbing grew less embarrassing, Cinderella was able to listen to the quiet chatter among the maids. They spoke about how happy the prince looked and how excited her highness was to meet the future princess. They debated whether the pink dress or the green one would suit her better and sighed dreamily over how a crown would look perched on her light blonde curls. Finally, scrubbed, dried, and made up with a little rouge, Gin helped her into the pink dress and cinched the waist.

"Well, it is a little big around the bust and waist. Hilda!" Gin called to a cute, short maid. "Bring your sewing kit and work whatever magic you can in twenty minutes!"

Hilda did what she could and Gin declared the future princess perfect. The pink satin hung in elegant lines from her waist and her blonde hair was piled high to make her neck look longer. As Gin started to lead the way, Cinderella stood frozen in the room. "Uh, um Gin?"

The redhead turned with a smile, "Yes dear?"

"I, uh, I don't have any shoes." She raised her dress to reveal her tiny, bare feet.

Gin arched one light eyebrow and tapped her chin. "Oh that shouldn't be a problem, Fayette! Go find some slippers in the storage room. The one with all of the wardrobes." They waited several minutes for the maid, but when she returned, winded and dropping pairs of shoes behind her, none of them fit Cinderella's feet. "Hmmm, well, maybe in the nursery?" Fayette ran off again as the other women scooped up the rejected shoes. Gin hurried them around without actually accomplishing anything while Cinderella went over to the fireplace and lowered herself onto a blue cushioned chair.

"Here!" Fayette returned with six pairs of tiny slippers. Cinderella tried them all, but none fit well. The pair that were closest to her size were a pale green and clearly made for a young boy, but at least they stayed on while she walked. Gin shuffled her out of the sitting room and back through the maze of halls and stairs down to the dining room. Cinderella was relieved to learn that this room was for the family and not the large, formal dining room used for parties. She wasn't sure she could handle meeting many more dozens of people. As they approached the doorway, Prince Henrique was waiting for them.

"Princess, you look lovely." He smiled and extended his arm for Cinderella. She took it with her own grin spreading, remembering the way he led her around the gardens in the same manner. "Are you ready to meet my family?"

She nodded shyly, "Ready as I'll ever be."

Henrique chuckled, "I appreciate the enthusiasm." He winked and turned to the doors as they were pushed open by two men standing outside in full military garb.

The dining room was far smaller than the ballroom Cinderella had seen at her last visit, but it was still larger than she had accounted for considering her family dining room at home. A long table laden with dishes and centerpieces was the main focus. A dozen or so people sat around the table and the same number of servants stood around the walls. Four people stood as they approached, but the others remained seated. The prince smiled and nodded as he pulled Cinderella along.

"Your majesties, Mother, Father, I would like you to meet our future princess." The king and queen looked just as they had at the ball, serious, rich, and impossibly beautiful. Henrique clearly had his mother's blue eyes but had inherited his father's dark, wavy hair. Both royals looked Cinderella over with reserved smiles and the king gestured for them to be seated. The prince helped her to her chair before taking his own.

"My, you are beautiful. Henrique tells us you are from an estate at the very south end of the city." The queen's speaking voice was melodic. Her blue eyes danced as she looked over the young blonde. "I recall your dancing on the night of the ball of course. You dance so well. Who taught you?"

"My father, Your Majesty," she said breathily.

"Well, he is either an excellent teacher or you an excellent student!" exclaimed the king with a laugh.

"A little of both, Your Majesty," Cinderella said with a soft smile.

The table erupted in polite laughter, one particular smirk caught Cinderella's attention. She looked up to see a stunning woman seated across from her. The woman was Henrique's twin in eye and hair color. Her dark wavy hair was braided and curled away from her face to fall in curtains down her back. Her lips were fuller, though, and did not part over her teeth the way Henrique's did when he smiled. The dress she wore was a deep purple lined with gold threads and showed off her full figure. She was clearly on a larger scale than Cinderella, appearing a woman where Cinderella often still looked like a girl. Her smirk grew as she saw the blonde appraising her.

"And what is the name of this woman who is to be our new princess?" The brunette said with a lower tone as she brought a glass of wine to her lips.

"Oh, I am Cinderella," she hated how her voice almost cracked at her own name.

As the rest of the table murmured to themselves, Cinderella realized this woman was the first to ask her name. Even Henrique hadn't properly introduced himself to her. The night of the ball, he never asked her name and when the slipper fit, he rushed her away so quickly it was never discussed. Now though, he looked amusedly between the two women.

"Thank you, Ollie. Cinderella? That is a unique name," remarked the king.

All the blonde could do was nod and take a sip of wine. The attention of the entire table was enough to make her blush crimson. This seemed to register with Henrique and he gently turned the conversation to wedding plans, pulling the attention to himself and his mother. Princess Ollie kept looking at her though. Her blue eyes bored into Cinderella's own.

When dinner concluded, Cinderella's exhaustion threatened to put her to sleep in her chair. She'd never sat through so many courses and found that after just two, she could eat no more. The royals carried on sipping and chatting until the tall, handsome man seated next to the princess called attention to her drooping eyes.

"I think the newest addition to our family party could do with an escort to bed," he chuckled. Cinderella couldn't remember his name, Victor, Vernon? Well, she was grateful to V- whatever it was, for suggesting bed.

"Vincent, you are right," cooed the princess, "I'll escort her up." Cinderella thought she caught a significant look from the king aimed at his daughter. Princess Ollie rolled her eyes, "I will come right back down, Father. I'm just taking her to her rooms."

The king nodded seriously as she helped Cinderella from her chair and guided her slender arm through her own. Cinderella leaned on the stronger woman as they made their way up the stairs. The night was settling and each window they passed offered a glimpse of the dark city illuminated here and there by torchlight.

"I wonder how long it will take me to learn all of these halls," the blonde mused as they turned another corner.

Olivette smiled, "This is your home now. Give it time, it will all feel familiar soon."

Cinderella nodded. "Your Highness-"

"Please, call me Ollie," the princess interrupted.

"Princess Ollie, what am I to do all day? I mean, starting tomorrow, what are my duties?"

"What would you like them to be?" she replied with a smirk.

"I-I don't know. What do you do all day?"

The brunette laughed and Cinderella watched as all of her straight, white teeth finally appeared between her full lips. "I do whatever I please! I read, draw, paint, ride my horse, and sew."

"Sew?"

"Yes, my maids and I make blankets and coats for the village."

"I have one of those coats!" Cinderella exclaimed, then she blushed at her outburst. "I mean, I had. When I was sixteen I received one from a guard while walking home from the market on a chilly evening. He told me the princess made it, so it was special. I thought he was kidding." She sighed as she looked up towards the top of the stairs they were climbing. "It was deep green and warm. I loved that coat."

Olivette's blue eyes sparkled, "I am glad to hear my sewing skills were appreciated." She paused, seemingly considering her next words. "The family you worked for did not treat you well, I understand."

Cinderella turned her blue-gray eyes to the ceiling. "Um no, they did not."

The princess stiffened next to her, "Well, you don't have to think of them anymore. You will never have to go back."

When they reached the top of the stairs, Cinderella could see the blue door looming ahead. Suddenly, she felt cold stone under her foot. She looked down to find one green shoe had slipped from her foot and rested a few paces back on the hallway floor. Olivette noticed it too and stooped to retrieve it.

"My lady," she murmured as she knelt. Her long, warm fingers plucked Cinderella's left foot from under her gown and caressed her ankle. She brought the tiny foot out and wrapped her fingers around the heel. The contact made Cinderella shiver. "Let me help you," she whispered as the green slipper was fitted onto her foot once again.

"Th- thank you," the blonde stuttered as the princess's strong hand released her ankle.

"You're welcome, my princess. Goodnight." With that, Ollie guided Cinderella toward the blue door with a slight bow, rose, and descended the steps.

Cinderella shivered again. The feeling of those warm fingers on her ankle lingered long after she was dressed for bed. Her four-poster was the largest bed she'd ever seen and as she sank into its depths, she felt years of exhaustion leave her body.

She drifted off dreaming of blue eyes and dark lashes.

_ _

The following morning found Cinderella seated at breakfast with just the queen. She'd risen at her usual time, which was before her own maids, made her bed and stoked her fire. When Fayette arrived looking sleepy, her eyes almost popped out of her head at the sight of the future princess bent over the fire with a poker. It had taken quite a lot to calm her down and assure her that Cinderella was not angry with her.

Now, evidently the first down to breakfast, Cinderella found the dining room much less imposing than the night before. At least until the queen arrived.

"Good morning, my child. What brings you out of bed so early?"

"Good morning, Your Majesty. I am used to waking early. At home I had chores to do."

"Ah yes, Henrique let on that you were a servant in a small household."

"Something like that, yes."

The queen eyed Cinderella seriously. She seemed to be deciding whether to further their conversation. Whatever she saw, convinced her to press on. A soft smile spread on her face as she leaned over a bowl of steaming porridge. "My dear, I must communicate something very important before the rest join our breakfast party."

Cinderella set down her cup of tea and waited for the queen to continue. She half expected the woman to explain how the blonde wasn't good enough for her son or how her manners were horrendous. But what came next was truly baffling.

"Dear girl, you do know that Olivette has her, uhm, husband, Vincent, correct?"

"Yes of course," Cinderella replied. "I remember the celebration when they were married last year. It was a great thing to have a prince from the south marry our princess."