City Girl Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey Sarah, I hope you're taking care of yourself over there. The weather forecast says there's a big snowstorm headed your way tonight. Your grandma told me that you might loose power. If you need help or anything just let one of us know and we'll do what we can."

"Ok. Thanks mom." Sarah looked up from her phone and was unsurprised to find that Chase had poked his out to investigate. However, she was surprised by how calm he looked.

"Who was that?" He asked.

"Just my mom." She told him. glad that he wasn't getting mad again. "She told me about that storm that you mentioned and that if I need anything to let her know."

"Not to be rude," Chase replied, causing Sarah's heart to jump in her chest, "but what exactly is she gonna do if you're snowed in?"

Relieved that he wasn't getting upset again, she thought for a second before answering. "To be honest Chase, I'm not sure. Knowing her, she'd probably try to drive all the way out here."

"That's not particularly safe..." He pointed out.

"Yeah..." Sarah agreed. "Let's just hope it doesn't come to that."

"Definitely." Chase agreed. "So," he continued after a couple seconds, "do you want to see in here since you didn't get to last night?"

Sarah nodded before following him into the room.

"Well," he said, "this is the feed room." He pointed to two round concrete structures, "Those are the silos, those big concrete things you can see from outside."

"Ok." Sarah said as she took in the small room. It was tucked into the corner of the barn on the left side of the far end from the bottom story entrance. Opposite from the barn's wall were the two "silos" Chase had just pointed out. Each one had a thin metal tube of some description that went up through the roof of the rooms and, she assumed, up the outside of the structure. Each silo also had a series of square wooden panels that appeared to go up the inside of the metal tube.

"Now," Chase continued, "this metal chute on the outside," he pointed to the metal tube running out through the roof, "goes all the way up to the roof of the silo and these doors," he knocked on one of the wooden panels, "go the whole way up inside that chute." He paused for a moment before continuing.

"If you come over here and look up in that silo," he said motioning for her to come beside him to look. She walked over beside him and he knelt down to her height and pointed up to something sticking out into the chute. "You can see the gooseneck of the unloader. When we want to get silage out of the silo, we turn the unloader on and it pulls the silage into the center and blows it out into that chute and it falls down here where we can feed it. As the silo gets emptier, we have to lower the unloader inside and every so often we have to climb the silo and open the next door down."

Sarah stepped closer to the silo and looked up the chute on the side. She noticed that all the doors, save for the first one up from the bottom, had metal frames that stuck out into the chute. Most of which now served as anchors for cobwebs. She reasoned that those metal frames were probably used to help climb the silo.

Having satisfied her curiosity, she turned back around to find Chase still watching her, a gentle smile on his face. "It's a long way up isn't it?" He remarked.

"Sure is." Sarah responded, mirroring his smile. The two of them stood there for a couple seconds before Chase's phone started ringing and he left the room to go answer it, leaving her alone with her thoughts. She felt a strong desire to follow him, but resisted knowing that he was going to take a phone call. She was glad to see him back to his normal, calm, self. At that point she got another text, which provided her a distraction for the time being. A look at her phone revealed that it was her mom again.

"How are you doing anyway Sarah?"

"Staying somewhat warm. I'm over at the neighbor's right now."

"Oh I get it, 'hanging out' with the neighbor boy."

"Mom!"

"Hey, it just comes naturally."

"Ugh. Well I'm actually over here helping him clean his barn out."

"Cleaning up after the animals?"

"No there aren't any yet. He's just getting everything cleaned up since he can't work on his equipment."

"Why can't he do that?"

"Because he just had surgery on his shoulder a couple weeks ago."

"Oh dear. What was that for?"

"Something about getting oil injected into his arm by accident."

"Oh... Sounds like what happened to your dad. Is he okay?"

"Is that what happened to dad? And yeah he's doing alright. I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to be working and I'm mainly helping so he's less likely to hurt himself."

"Well in your dad's case it was diesel fuel, but oil probably causes the same problems. And he's a stubborn one then is he?"

"Yeah he is. I told him he shouldn't push himself so much and I tried stopping him and that didn't work."

"Huh. What's he like anyway? Besides being stubborn."

"Well, he seems pretty helpful, he's pretty laid back, doesn't seem like a complainer, and he also seems to be pretty patient. He deals with me asking a lot of questions."

"Sounds like a decent catch. How are you making out on that anyway?"

"Well... Not exactly making progress very fast."

"Why's that? Is he not interested?"

"In all honesty it's mostly me being too scared to make a move."

"Well have you given any indication that you want to get with him?"

"How would I do that?"

"Flirt with him, compliment him, or you know, tell him outright that you like him?"

"Well, idk how to do any of that."

"It's not crazy hard. Just start with compliments. Let him know you find him attractive."

"Ok I'll try. It feels weird taking dating advice from my mom."

"Lol Hey, if I hadn't had at least a little skill with men, you wouldn't exist."

"MOM!!!"

"Hey, it's just the truth."

"I know. It's still awkward."

"Yeah well, try my advice anyway and see what happens."

"I'll try. Thanks mom."

"That's my girl. You'll be fine. I need to go for now, I'll check in on you tomorrow. Love you."

"Ok. Love you too."

Sarah looked up from her phone and found that Chase hadn't come back yet. A look at the time on her phone revealed that it had been eight or so minutes since he'd left. She began to wonder where he was. "He didn't fall and hurt himself did he?!" She immediately started walking towards the door he had left through to see if he was alright. Along the way, she got another text but ignored it to continue looking for Chase. As she reached the door she almost ran into someone. She looked up and was relieved to find that it was Chase. "Oh thank god you're ok."

He looked down at her with a curious smile. "Yeah? Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well I was worried you fell or something." She explained.

Chase laughed. "You worry too much." He told her.

"Maybe..." She admitted, "Still though, where have been for the last ten minutes?"

"Well that call was Randy and he invited me over for cards this afternoon so I went down to the house and plugged my truck in." He explained.

"Are you sure you should be driving?" She asked him.

"Probably not," he admitted, "but, it's mostly backroads and I'd like to drive myself places again so I'm gonna try."

"Chase..." she lamented. She knew she wasn't going to change his mind, but still wanted to express her dislike for him driving.

"Sarah..." he replied in the same tone. A mocking smile crossed his face. "I'll be ok." He added, more seriously.

Sarah sighed, she still wanted to argue but knew it wouldn't matter. Chase remained for a couple seconds before wordlessly returning to the room with the silos to finish his work. At that point she decided to see who had texted her. She pulled her phone back out and opened her texts. The text she'd gotten was from Stacy.

"Hey Sarah, Randy and I have a bit of a plan, Randy's gonna have you guys over for cards, this afternoon and he was gonna try to talk to Chase and get him to maybe take the hint."

"Idk where Randy lives."

"Chase does, maybe he can give you a ride?"

"I'll have to ask."

"Well if he can't take you, let me know. We'll figure something out."

"Ok. I guess I'll see you guys later then."

"You'd better. Bye for now."

Sarah put her phone away and went to the room where Chase was working.

"Who was that?" He asked as she entered.

"Stacy." She answered, "she told me about Randy having you over for cards this afternoon and said I was invited."

"I guess I'll see you there then." He replied.

"If I can find a way down there." She explained, "I don't know where he lives."

"Oh... Well I can take you if you're alright with that." He suggested.

"As long as you're sure you can drive." She responded, relieved that he'd made the suggestion.

"All right." He said, "Randy told me to be there around 1:00 and its about a half hour drive, so we've got about an hour and a half to kill."

Hearing that made Sarah's mind go back to not even two hours ago when she had pleasured herself while thinking about him. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, shuddering as she let it out. At that point she opened her eyes to find Chase looking at her with a curious expression on his face. Embarrassment immediately set in and she felt herself blush.

"You alright?" He asked.

She nodded in response.

"You sure?" He asked, standing up and walking towards her.

She nodded again. Him walking towards her wasn't doing the situation any favors. She desperately wanted to just grab him and pull him into a kiss but she knew she couldn't that.

"Your face is nice and red." He observed. "Are you cold?"

She shook her head. Looking up at him as he looked intently down at her face stirred her desire to kiss him.

"If you say so." He said before walking past her. As he left, she let out a breath that she had been holding.

"Good god what have I done?" She thought to herself. "I thought of him one time while masturbating and now he can make me want him without doing anything." She turned and found him walking into the milking parlor.

"I really hope Stacy and Randy can make something happen here. This is killing me." She thought before following after him.

"Hey where are you going?" She asked.

"Well with that storm coming tonight," he answered, "I'm gonna see if the generator out here works."

"Oh." Sarah said and she followed him through the parlor and into a room next to it that she was pretty sure he'd called the "milkhouse."

"According to Frank," He began, "There's a generator tucked in back here behind the milk tank."

"Is that who you bought this from?" She asked.

"Yeah." He answered. "Frank owns a lot more than just the 105 acres I bought off of him. He owns about five sections here and makes his money from renting it out. If I remember right, he and his wife bought a condo down in Florida, I think, and they moved down there after selling me this place."

"Oh..." She said, taking a moment to process everything he'd just said.

"There it is." Chase said as he moved something she couldn't see on the other side of the milk tank. "Let's see here." He continued as he knelt down to look at something.

"What are you looking at?" She asked him, making her way around the tank to see what he was doing.

"I'm seeing how long it's been since this thing was serviced." He replied. "Frank said they've kept it serviced, I just don't know how long ago that was."

"Hmm."

"Well according to the numbers on the filter and the hour-meter, it was serviced last summer and only has about a hundred hours on it since that service." Chase said after his examination. "Let's make sure she starts." He opened the control panel and put hid finger on what she assumed was the "start" button. Before he started it, he looked over his shoulder at her. "You might wanna cover your ears," he advised, "I've never started this thing, so I have no clue how loud it is."

"Thanks for the warning." Sarah told him as she followed his suggestion and covered her ears.

"Alright," he said turning back to the generator, "CLEAR!!" He yelled before pressing the button. There was a loud clack and the generator instantly started chugging. After a few seconds, the engine sputtered a couple times before it started to rev. She waited for it to stop, but it seemed to keep climbing higher and higher. After the longest two seconds of her life, the engine smoothed out into a constant roar. Chase continued to study the control panel for a few seconds before pressing another button. The engine slowed down as he closed the door that covered the panel and turned around to face her.

"Well, she runs." He said as he started walking towards her, motioning for her to walk back out into the barn. She turned around and walked through the parlor out into the main part of the barn., Once there, she removed her hands from her ears, as the sound from the generator wasn't nearly as loud.

"Aren't you gonna shut it off?" She asked.

"I did." He replied. "A lot of generators have an automatic 'cool down' when they're ready to turn off. Basically, if you shut off an engine that was running under a heavy load and don't give it time to cool down, you can cause some pretty serious damage to the engine over time."

"Huh." She replied thoughtfully. Even though she hardly knew anything about what he did, both in terms of farming and being a mechanic, she still found herself impressed with how knowledgeable he was. She looked up to find him walking over and grabbing a push broom.

A few seconds of watching him was enough to reveal that his sore shoulder was most definitely still giving him problems as he simply used his uninjured arm to sweep with. Nonetheless, he continued to work away at sweeping out one of the pens in the barn. Even with one bad arm, his movements were still smooth and deliberate and he made progress plenty fast.

As she watched, she couldn't help but find the concentrated look on his face and his steady movement appealing in a strange way. That realization made her think of the advice she'd been given twice already. "Compliment him. Let him know you find him attractive."

12