All Comments on 'City Girl Pt. 08'

by CDROM1717

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a really great story but I have to go back and reread the last chapter to remember what the story is about. I vote 5 but I wish you could get the story out a little faster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Welcome back! You've been missed! I'm glad again to read about Chase and Sarah, and agree with Randy and Stacy's observations. Chase needs to make his move and let Sarah know there is a spark there. Sarah is helpful and devoted to Chase, and I think your future writing can explore their growing relationship. Eventually I think they will end up as lovers and even married. Anxious then to read of their naked togetherness -- she pleased with the sight of his hairy manly chest and body, and he with her shapely body. Their lovemaking should be a real sexual treat. Keep writing! I do enjoy your stories!

tumbleweed246tumbleweed246over 2 years ago

Glad to have you back, thought you may have found greener pastures. Excellent story!!

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 2 years ago

I agree with a prior comment. It is a great story, but I had to re-read the previous 7 chapters to remember the story line. I know life doesn’t always revolve around that which we enjoy and that jobs do come first. Just keep up the good work and try not to keep us in suspense too long, lol.

fixer43fixer43over 2 years ago

Being from the Northeast, ya had me wondering there for a little bit...

Is a toboggan a sled or a hat?

What is a toboggan? Toboggan is a winter hat and has its origin in the south of the USA. It is not just any other winter hat that is referred to as toboggan; it has to be a knit hat. It is also important to point out that toboggan, to New Englanders and a majority of northern USA, is a wooden sled.

CDROM1717CDROM1717over 2 years agoAuthor

fixer43:

When I say "toboggan" I'm referring to exactly what you said, a knit hat that you wear to keep your head warm. I was aware that a toboggan can also be a sled and I tried to research what people in Iowa would call the hat but I wasn't able to find much that was helpful.

After reading your comment I decided to ask my boss (NW Ohio native) what he calls a knit winter hat. The answer he gave was "stocking hat" which is a term I had never heard in my life. Regardless, I will probably stick to "toboggan" for the sake of consistency, but for someone native to the area in the story, "stocking hat" is probably what they would actually call the hat I'm referring to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have to say I love your writing. I'm a city guy who moved to the country 16 years ago, didn't know anything about tractors, you clearly bleed green, I bleed orange, 2 kubota tractors and a kubota excavator. I've got about 1100 hours on all three so not a complete noob but not an expert either. Part of why I love your writing is all the knowledge about farming that you bring, I've got mad respect for that.

And the story is good, these two need to get together.

Please keep writing, you are very good!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Damn, Chase is a cement head! The forecast includes power outage warnings. He has a generator. Hey stupid, invite Sarah to stay in your house for the duration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your story is very good really appreciate all the hard work it takes to have a farm and to start with nothing is even more difficult. On a side note I believe I’m the person mentioned at the beginning nice to know you read my comment

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredover 2 years ago

Just out of curiosity, how many more chapters do you think this will be? I really dislike reading a story in bits and pieces over long time periods, as I forget the details, sometimes important, from one installment to the next. I'd rather just read it all in one pass when it's finished.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCDROM1717@CDROM1717
Grew up out in the country, more specifically a small town in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Also, I'm literally the son of a third generation farmer so expect a lot of farming stories.

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

City Girl Pt. 07 Previous Part
City Girl Series Info