All Comments on 'Claiming an Ally Ch. 02'

by titania123

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Enticing indeed.........

This was amazing. I love the way that you built the characters up and the sassy nature of the princess. I've got a feeling that her being spy will enable the king to keep her. 10/10 - Can't wait for the next chapter :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Best Story!!!!

I'm so impressed with this story, I constantly look for new submisions daily! Great characters and story plot! I can't wait to read more SOON!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Next chapter...

Can't wait for it!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Even more awesome.

I also enjoyed your second part greatly i already commented on the first one and I now actually believe this is already something great.

I just hope nothing too bad happens to Emera.

Really love your story.

Best regards.

C.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great Story

Your story is written towards those with a romantic heart. I hope that nothing truly bad happens to Em. I like your writing style. I think with practice you could actually get published. Good Luck in the Future!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Whoa!

I have read the first 3 chapters and am pining for more! You really are a gifted writer. Thanks for providing such a riveting read :o)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Very good romance

You write well and your characters are engaging. I agree with the other comment that this could be polished up and published. I am having difficulty with the balance between plausibility and fantasy. Obviously you have latitude with plausibility when writing in fantasy. Em's behavior, skills, fearlessness and passion are quite attractive, but within the confines of a patriarchal society they seem a bit over the top.

A suggestion would be to explore how she is viewed by others, those surrounding her who clearly would question how a woman, much less a pampered princess could possess such skills. Do they view her with disdain for being so odd? Do they pitty her for being "man-ish?" How does she see herself and accept who she is when there are no other women who would support her independence, risk taking, bravery, and marksmanship?

This was just a nit pick I have, that others may not. Don't think for a second I'm not enjoying this story, because I am. I like my characters to have flaws and when I read a story as well imagined as this, I want it to be something that sweeps me away, not forcing me to imagine my own version of how she came to be who she was and why she appears to be so readily accepted and at ease with herself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Excellent!

I am really enjoying the development of their conflict. I like Emera's strength. Bravo! Can't wait for the next bit!

Always,

Jayna

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Superb

One of the best story so far in the site

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Well, lol didn't expect the last part, but still I don't really understand how this is nonconsent/reluctance. She has yet to be raped or even sexually stimulated without her consent or without her wanting. I really hope shit like that doesn't happen since I really enjoy the way this story is going so far.

AnarchiaAnarchiaover 11 years ago

great story, but as someone else has said i dont know why this is in the nonconsent section! keep it up though :)

davinedavineabout 10 years ago

Nice build up of tension.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 5 years ago
Reins Used with Horses

FYI, reins are thin strips of leather which aid communication while riding a horse. A king reigns over his kingdom. Sounds the same, yet the meaning is quite different.

Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. I'm enjoying this tale and look forward to reading your others as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Non-Con?

While I admit that we are still in the opening chapters, I can't help but feel this is mis-categorized. There seems to be all "Con" with really no "Non". It doesn't change the fact that it's a thoroughly enjoyable story but, more along the lines of historical romance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

could not finish it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous