All Comments on 'Clue-full'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 114 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcooksey9 months ago

Deliciously mercenary. I can’t wipe the smile off my face. Thanks!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Pretty sorry cast of characters you assembled here! Maybe Issy is the exception.

4

FredHuckFredHuck8 months ago

Nice to see one of the "Rich Entitled" taken down a notch or two...

Great story 👏🏻

5🌟s

Fred

shalpa64shalpa648 months ago

Sorry, but everyone in this story was an unredeemable P.O.S. aside from Issy. Hell, even the father was better than the M.C. and his worthless friend. They all deserve an extreme BTB.

SwordWielderSwordWielder8 months ago

Very good story. With the exception of Issy (Clarissa) the rest of these characters have few, if any redeeming qualities.

SunnyU2SunnyU28 months ago

Too busy worried about a twist that your forgot to write a coherent story. 2 Stars.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown8 months ago

Obviously CWG wants to be the king of R&B, meaning repetitive and boring. And while he'll run to his safe space and erase this, showing just what a coward he is.

Still the fact remains all he does is take others ideas and makes the story worse.

deependerdeepender8 months ago

Convoluted, concupiscent con game.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well they were a bunch of incredible, crooked assholes, but like the Ocean's gang, you had to like the story. Nicely done.

Busman19639Busman196398 months ago

Overly complicated bullshit. Waste of time.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhino8 months ago

Not easy to read, too many twists and turns and a very confusing storyline.

Regguy69Regguy698 months ago

Clever. CWG seems to have lost favor with some reviewers. I think he is still a damn good wordsmith.

MwestohioMwestohio8 months ago

Well written. Too bad only Clarissa is of good character

BrentJWBrentJW8 months ago

Well written and I always like an unforseen twist but no one here to like.

Cardswin2011Cardswin20118 months ago

Izzy was the only decent character in this mess.

JAFCritic3JAFCritic38 months ago

An Ocean’s Thirteen story with the Scooby Do ending

ibuguseribuguser8 months ago

Well done. An original story.

imhaplessimhapless8 months ago

Original -- I like original. 5*

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion8 months ago

Liked it. Felt sorry for Issy. The rest got what they deserved, correction, half of what they deserved.

Harryin VAHarryin VA8 months ago

I appreciate the attempt at having a nice plot twist but it really doesn't work that well in the end. You had a husband who was very upset over the prenuptial agreement forced upon him by the wife's husband but he never supposedly read it and saw how much money was at stake? By the end of the story you know that the husband actually knew how much money was that steak and that the whole thing was part of a deeper conspiracy

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Lazy effort. The author yada yada'd over some major details.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A enjoyable story. The only problem with stories that involve a scheme to obtain funds from a trust belonging to the other spouse is that a trust is almost alway considered separate property and not included in marital assets to be divided in a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Stupid premise. Who writes a pre-nup where you can lose all your assets even when your the guilty party. They are written to guard assets not morality

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Grin.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There’s no way Pete was smart enough to go to the University of Michigan.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What good are prenups when the one that is suppose to be protected ends up being the abuser of trust. Good story of how to solve ones problems and get revenge on assholes.

silentsoundsilentsound8 months ago

Interesting and elaborate but now I need a shower.

Left feeling soiled.

wayniepoo62wayniepoo628 months ago
That old saying comes to mind...!!

"Do unto others before they do unto you".

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker8 months ago

Well-written is about all I can say. Who's the fucker here? They deserve each other. Shit, selintsound, let me know when you're done. The Bear needs a shower too. The Bear is disgusted.

The BEAR

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice8 months ago

Original! And that is a rarity on this site. So, kudos to the author.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Interesting story, but it reminds me of the saying '3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead'. Although the banter at the end lays out the story's plot, in real life it's still best to keep your mouth shut and just enjoy your spoils.

By-the-way, I would think that a proper prenup would have been designed to protect Miri's trust from becoming community property regardless of her being unfaithful.

vanyevanye8 months ago

Poor Issy. The only decent character in the bunch.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Damn, I feel sorry for Issy. Sire she got 500kout of the deal, but knowing her husband threw her away for money? Someone she clearly loved? No, that doesnt seem fair... would much have prefered it if she'd been the co-conspirator, they find ot their spouses are cheating so engineer a situation to force the truth out into the open so they can ride off into the sunset together. As it is Issy is a victim everyone else is a piece of shit.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu8 months ago

Scheming bastard.

I never believed in karma because of my religion,

but this guy Devon needs a maximum dose of "karma".

After he thought that he might get dumped by Miri, he should have then opted for divorce,

any reason as long as he can get out of the impending-crash of a marriage.

This was one disgusting gold-digger gigolo, along with his friends.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

With the exception of Issy, a really despicable cast of characters. Let's hope Peter's ranch is very isolated and Milt gets a hit squad invited to the party

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

No matter what you were trying to accomplish with ramblings the whole story was incomplete and a waste of time and none of the characters showed an ounce of integrity. Nothing was truly developed, inconsistancies throughout for what?????

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The writer was trying to be so cute that the basis of the story was a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I’m sorry but I don’t really like a story where there is no good guy! Thank you for your effort though. CB

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer8 months ago

Sorry but this is a giant mess, legally. Having been involved in Trusts for many years, the whole premise of this story falls into a giant dumpster. The Beneficiary of a Trust, in this case Miriah, does NOT OWN the Assets! The Trust is a separate legal entity and owns all the assets. The RIGHT to receive funds from the Trust eg at age 26, is not an open door right. The Trustee/s control the Trust, based on the original Trust Document devised by the Settlor, as a guideline. Eg. If the beneficiary wants to buy a house, the Trust buys the house and owns it, for the benefit of the beneficiary! Essentially, the beneficiary just rents it with the "rent" paying for taxes, insurance and basic maintenance.

Definitely, Trust assets are NOT part of any marital asset and are NOT part of any asset division at a time of Divorce. The Beneficiary does not own the assets. So, NO, dumbo Devon would not get a penny of the Trust assets. The only issue is the Contracting Out Agreement (Pre-Nup.) Being American, they turn it into a Pre-Divorce Contract that is not just an agreement of asset listing at time of Marriage but attempts to act as a Divorce Settlement Contract, under certain conditions (Infidelity)

Here, the stupid games played by Devon, Peter and Miriah just make this story ridiculous. We never heard what the conditions were for the Pre-Divorce contract so all the talk about who got what are also stupid and unworkable. If you are going to write a story based on Legal situations, they at least have to be reasonably correct.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

Normally I like your stories, this one didn't work for me.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A well written and presented story. Kudos to the author, who has strung together so many good stories. Actually, I despise scammers as far worse than cheaters (It takes more malevolent planning to run a scam) so the story itself was unlikable. No rating from me as it is a 5* story with a 1* subject.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Seems poor Issy fell in a nest of snakes

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I would have preferred something other than the con. I prefer my good guys to be good and bad guys to be bad. I can't view MC as a good guy now.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Somebody please make this make sense! So he scammed his own wife on the off chance that she was going to have him over in an unspecified way at some unspecified point in the future and encouraged his best buddy to have sex with her as part of the plan? I'm disappearing up my own arse just trying to get my head around it all!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The thing that disappoints me most is that this was shaping be a LW classic until the author tried to be too clever and ruined it. I'd already worked out that the night of the party was a set up but got the who and the why completely wrong. The resulting mess was a complete anti climax.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very good.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I’m with Regguy69, although I think CWG last two, including this one could have been a bit better planned out. Quality over quantity, is a standard CWG and NTH have set for us over the past year, so the expectation is high. The comment by Edgeofsundown is childish and overly critical. It doesn’t even make sense. My hope is not to see another CWG story for awhile, meaning he should take time and build something exceptional.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

"We crushed his little ego." - God, like it's not bad enough to blame the troubles on the guy's pride or ego, but now it's his "little" ego?

\

Too convoluted for me.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Medium-low quality tale, nothing special to note. Good LW tales has become quite rare.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

5 stars which I rarely give. The prenup trap. With a prenup like that and the trust it is a race to see who can collect first. That doomed the marriage from the start.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon8 months ago

Boring as FUCK. Convoluted, plodding and less-than-mediocre.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

120 acres? That's not a ranch. That's a postage stamp, especially by Montana standards.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Started good, but towards the middle it crashed and burnt!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ouch. As well written as this was, we all hate it when the bad guys win. And yeah, they do win a lot IRL.

Tomh1966Tomh19668 months ago

My only disappointment was poor Issy. Maybe write a nice Issy does well story. No need to even revisit the other people.

DessertmanDessertman8 months ago

I didn't completely understand the plot. Was i being thick or were there details missing?

Avalon101Avalon1018 months ago

Its a good story and enjoyed reading it. I agree with 'Dessertman' i couldn't understand the plot, maybe i need to re-read it a few times

EastCoaster1EastCoaster18 months ago

Have to agree with the Anon who said it was well-written, even though the bad guus won...

...but maybe they weren't all bad, based on Devon's thoughts about how his wife was growing more and more "entitled".

I gave it 4 stars.

flatcar44flatcar448 months ago

Restaurant-quality bacon is a great line.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

Very creative and had us fooled until late in the game. There’s no mention of who drugged the drinks, I’m guessing Devon but it wasn’t confirmed. If he didn’t drug himself them I’m a bit pissed as the reader was deliberately mislead to support a fictitious plot line. You also never really provide depth on their relationship. Did he love her and something changed his opinion or was it the family’s disdain for him that eroded that love. Decent story but a lot of missing plot. 4.1*

njlaurennjlauren8 months ago

The basic plot was Devon working with Peter set up a scheme to get Miri to cheat, presumably to get a share of Miri's trust fund when she turned 26.Clarissa is the only victim , it sounds like Pete married her to set this all up. Devon was in on the party scene that Pete had sold Miri on. So basically Pete and Devon set Miri up to get cheating, the party was just an instrument to get miri to have sex w Pete which blew up the pre nup.

Honestly I didn't like anyone except issa , she was a good person put into a bad situation. Other than her everyone else should be guests of honor at a cyanide party.

FD45FD458 months ago

People appreciate cleverness. But at the end of the day, this was fraud and theft. Was she dislikable? Yes. Was her father dislikable? YES!

/

Does that make it okay to steal from them? How likable are you? If someone dislikes your stance on (whatever) are they justified in stealing from you? Not just a little either. He stole EVERYTHING.

/

He saw all the red flags and he married her anyway. In fact, when he heard her net worth, there was a significant cut scene.

/

/

This hindered enjoyment of the story. Now, I am being a bit hypocritical as I have enjoyed many of JPB’s ‘I did it for money’ stories, but those, he also found himself genuinely in love no matter his initial motivations.

/

This guy read as a smug asshole.

A_BierceA_Bierce8 months ago

Good writing, not so good story. Three pages to describe how Clarissa was betrayed by a trio of grifters. By the time the smoke cleared, even Miri's father didn't look quite so bad.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I always appreciate the spins CWG puts into his offerings, but this time it was to convoluted and didn't really make any sense

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Do Unto Others Before They Can Do Unto You. I need to take a shower after reading this story. Just another version of All Rich People Are Selfish Cheating Assholes. Was this story sponsored by Antifa? I guess it is one of the classic justifications for cheating someone or some business: they were ripe for the picking. And if it hadn't been me it would have been someone else.

\

This was a story about fraud and corruption more than adultery. Probably should have been in the Non-Erotic category. It was Very non-erotic.

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

@sbrooks103x

"We crushed his little ego." - God, like it's not bad enough to blame the troubles on the guy's pride or ego, but now it's his "little" ego? = That "little" phrase ALWAYS seems to bother YOU.

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

@sbrooks103x

"We crushed his little ego." - God, like it's not bad enough to blame the troubles on the guy's pride or ego, but now it's his "little" ego? - That "little" phrase ALWAYS gets to YOU!

\

Too convoluted for me. - So much so it leaves YOU unable to comprehend a story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"Relax; it's just a story people."

.

By that logic, so are the comments, so for you to be annoyed by them makes no sense.

enderlocke77enderlocke778 months ago

What Jay said "fun"

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive " Sir Walter Scott. A tangled web for sure but immensely entertaining. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

@ Anonymous "120 acres? That's not a ranch. That's a postage stamp, especially by Montana standards." Yeah but its 120 acres with a trout stream. That stretch of water is what makes it valuable!

mndhanson017mndhanson0178 months ago

From what I can gather, Miri became full of herself and Devon knew that something had to happen, as it said, she was following her father's ideals and not her mother's. He knew it was a matter of time that she would bounce him, so he hatched this plan to get his due before she could do anything. He worked with Peter, who said that he loved Issa, if that was true, should have let her in on the plan. At least she is off to live a new life, but they should have given her more than 500k, she was the only innocent person.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

You had me fooled until the last page. Great story again.

Opinionated1Opinionated18 months ago

this felt like a plot to rob a bank in a Fast and Furious movie...ok i guess but well below your

standards..

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Perfect!!! 100/100!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I used to think that the commenters in this section suffered from, amongst other things, an over-abundance of testosterone. Nope. Estrogen. The screaming, whining, pearl-clutching, piss-ant drama queen reactions to FICTION astound me. Did these commenters cry out during The Sting, Oceans Eleven, or Kelly's Heroes because they were STEALING something? Sheesh.... you guys need to use your screen time on Tik-Tok.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Yep, a roomful of turds that I wouldn't spit on if they were on fire, with the exception of Clarissa. The entire plot falls flat if you have caused her emotional damage... which happened.

To allow that to happen to an innocent party is simply evil.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Are we happy Vincent ?!

Yeah, we happy.

Good, now let’s have one of those royal with cheese

Captcha

BSreaderBSreader8 months ago
The

Story is interesting not sure I really liked it though.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

too confusing. didn't like it much.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I like your writing, but did not care for this one at all. KS

XluckyleeXluckylee8 months ago

3 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Liked but in this case the hubbies were just as shitty as his wife

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another shit MC. No!!!!!

If he doesn't trust her don't marry her!!

Author made MC a totally reprehensible character along with all his cohorts

Total unredeemable shit birds

Felt sorry for him at first then totally detested the cadre

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ah, god damn it, I was rooting for the mc, and then he turned out to be a piece of shit like all the rest of them.

fredbrownfredbrown8 months ago

Say what? I'm a tad simple and tend to think in a straight line so color me lost and confused. The story is OK however, the only decent character is little Issy ......

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just don't like deceate people that cheat other people because they can should be taken out and shot. Make it widely know and do it often. Start with the politicians. Then just gather up a group of CFO, CEO, and lobbyists take them into an abandoned coal mine and cave it in, leaving live video feeds and lights plus manual tool for digging and see what dynamic develop.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why would we want to read a tale in which scummy low-lifes are leads, unless they get their due? This is a null set.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Too convoluted plotting for me. It was almost enjoyable, but 4 stars worth.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

WTF?? Too convoluted for me (and probably a lot of other readers). Three stars ⭐️ for this one.

TechumsahTechumsah6 months ago

I got it like it. Took a minute to piece it together. He married a woman figured out she was going to dump him and leave him high and dry. So he made a plan. If his wife would of never slept with the friend it never would of happened. Not seeing what was so difficult to understand or why they are scummy lowlifes...he married one and wanted out with something. This happens everyday without the planning. Good story nice change of pace.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of the stupidest stories I have read. MC comes out as malicious bastard.

He was ridiculous

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...