All Comments on 'Cold Comfort'

by Javahead

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My 2 cents

A very nice story. I kinda knew how it would end, but the journey is half the fun. A good romance story with build up. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I enjoyed this.

I liked the fact that while he was the females definition of "clueless".

He was the male definition of smart in not being aggressive with a woman that had a very negative experience with a man.

His patience and gentle behavior would mean a lifetime of her being able to trust him to be her safe place. I am a big man with a small wife of 37yrs so far.

It is one aspect of our relationship we both treasures.

Apart from just being together etc etc etc.

Cheers

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 4 years ago
Happy ending

A very enjoyable story of love found and a happy ending all rolled into one. I had to laugh about the "Captain Clueless", which is so apt for a lot of guys. Good story and well written. Thanks

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 4 years ago
Somebody knows what romance means

All sorts of kooky things appear here in the name of romance, and even if this was predictable, it still was a pleasant trip down lovers lane. Thanks for the ride. 4*, but could have been 5.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Yes!

What a charming love story. Thanks for sharing.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 4 years ago
Excellent

A well-written, entertaining romance story.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very sweet

As the other commenter said, he played it as a very smart male should. I like to think part of being Captain Clueless was being overly careful to be respectful and responsible. I liked this very much. Thank you for sharing this with us.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago

Very very nice

Good to see Captain Clueless finally wise up. *****

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Delightful Tale

I used to know a little Asian girl like this one but I could never tell what I felt.

Great Story

Kojak01Kojak01over 4 years ago

Nice. Liked it a lot.

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
Well done!!!!

Enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Overcritical strikes again

What OC doesn’t like is a predictable romance. Well, to my mind most romances are stories of how two people get together. They are usually introduced early in the story and then the plot shows how they end up being together. With that in mind, romances are generally as predictable as OC’s complaining about them is.

Javahead should be happy with 4* from OC. He/she rarely gives out 5* and still complains about predictability while doing it.

AZTT2AZTT2over 4 years ago
Fun romance

I enjoyed the build. Very nice character definition

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
Story

A story old as time. Clueless Male, Hot Female giving off her clues no male can receive. Takes an almost tragedy to get them together. Besides all that, it's a fun story with well described characters, and scenery. Five Stars!

yukonnightsyukonnightsover 4 years ago

As many have said, the ending was preordained — but this is precisely what is expected. So, well done ;) Aside from the nice discovery of love the characters shared, I enjoyed your use of setting to move the story forward. The emergency was a great device to move it toward the erotic. The piece was well edited too. I have a self imposed rule about how I vote — it's either a 5 or no vote at all ... I voted on this one.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623about 4 years ago
Lovely

Cute, lovely story about true love. Reminded me of my hubby and I. Please keep writing this story was great!!

WillDevoWillDevoabout 4 years ago
Fun little romp.

The good stuff: Jeez your descriptions of the surroundings painted perfect pictures. I love prose that paints imagery. In that, you excelled. The way you described the cabin allowed me to even smell the wood, the fire from the stove, even the scents of dinner.

The drama in the woods with the ice added unexpected tension. Always nice to throw a few curveballs.

Some (hopefully) constructive criticism:

I would like to have seen more development of Amanda's character. I had to go backward in the story to find that "China Doll" reference to confirm she was even Asian. The first clue that registered was the discussions about what they'd make for dinner. Maybe *I* am Captain Clueless.

The reference that Amanda had been date-raped was an important background point, and it set the tone for your lead's temperance of his own behavior, but I was not comfortable that she used it to describe the lead's actions. I found it hard to reconcile that a victim would make light of it, ever.

Him calling her a slut also didn't fit in my mind. Her calling him a caveman seemed like playful sniping, but "slut?" Doesn't play for me. The way you built her character made me expect her to slap the shit out of him or kick him where it counts.

Overall, this was a fun little three-page romp. 5*.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Nice Long Buildup....

....with plenty of detail setting the scene as well as the description of the trails, etc then disaster and it comes to a boiling conclusion. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written, lovable characters. Great plot. Beautiful setting. What's not to love. The hidden gem goes to the top of the reading list!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJavahead@Javahead
Long time tech guy, sometime writer back in the Usenet newsgroup days getting back into the game. Very attached. Fond of good food and drink, outdoor activities, and sarcasm. 11/10/19 "Plum Blossoms: Full Bloom Pt. 01" went live today. It's the first part of the novel ...

SIMILAR Stories