Cold Steel

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The rat bastard saved my life. I helped him staunch the flow of blood and called for the EMT's. He tugged on my sleeve, and with a thin voice, said "Sarge, sorry I got shot."

"You did good rookie." I bent over and kissed him on the cheek.

He smiled.

I led the ambulance to the hospital, clearing traffic. It was the least I could do. Lanny was rushed into the ER and then to surgery. I was at his side each step of the way until he was wheeled to surgery. I had nothing to do but sit, so I went outside and called Addie to tell her I wouldn't be back. It was already dark outside, and I was outside in chilly weather without my jacket. I hated being cold.

"Hey, it's me," I announced.

"Hi Max ... so you're not coming back for dinner?" She could already read me like an open book. Was I that transparent?

"Uh ... no," I stammered. "My partner got shot and ...".

"Is he OK?" she asked breathlessly.

"Yeah, yeah," I answered with as little emotion as possible. "He got hit on the arm. He'll be fine."

"Oh, so you're going to keep him company at the hospital?" Again, I didn't even have to be on the call.

"Yeah, yeah, that's right." She was making this too easy for me. My ex-husband would have let me twist a bit in the wind before telling me his was OK with it.

"I'm moving out, maybe tomorrow." She was busy, and now it was my turn to be surprised.

"Really?" I was on my "A" game with the witty comments.

"My boss knows someone who is going away on a long-term assignment. I can housesit for them."

"That's great Addie. Good luck to you then." I guessed that was it. She got on her feet a lot quicker than I would have expected.

"Oh no, it won't be goodbye. I can call you. We're friends, aren't we Max?"

I was touched. "Of course we are Addie. I've got your number too."

I went back to the waiting room.

* * *

Three weeks later

Lanny was back. His arm was still bandaged so he was put on desk duty. Everyone in the station stopped by to welcome him back. I decided to wait until the crowd cleared so I'd have him to myself.

I sat on his desk and put my cap on it. "I can't thank you enough for what you did."

He pushed back his chair. "It was nothing."

"You saved my life."

"Maybe I did. I'd do it again ... without a moment's hesitation."

I tousled his hair as I jumped off the desk. "You're not so bad rookie."

* * *

In the three weeks that Lanny was in the hospital, and then rehab, I spent all of my free time either sitting with him or running errands for him. I didn't have time to think about Addie, but she was kind enough to keep me informed via text. She did move into a luxury home on the north side of town and seemed to be adjusting quite nicely to her changed circumstances. I did find out that Jace did make bail and was due to be released that day. With Lanny back at work, I could catch up on the mountain of mail and laundry that waited for me back at the motel.

I was in my room and had spread out all of my bills on the small desk when my cell rang. It was Addie.

"Max?"

"Yeah ... you OK?"

"No, no. I'm not. Jace's out."

"I know."

"He might know where I am."

"What?" I shouted. I probably scared her more than she was already.

"Someone called my office claiming to be my brother. He wanted to get in touch with me. They told him where I was staying. Problem is I don't have a brother."

"Where are you?"

She told me. I told I would be right there. I brought my gun. I don't usually bring it but I had a bad feeling about her situation. I was there within the hour. I parked my car in front of her house, somewhere it would be noticed. I knocked on the front door. She opened it, astonished.

"I didn't expect you so soon."

"Why, do you have another appointment?" Sometimes I couldn't control my sarcasm.

"No ... no. It's just that, I ... I've never had someone I could count on before."

"Look," I said in my most authoritative tone, "I may have a number of character flaws, but I always look after my friends."

"So ... I'm your friend?"

"Of course you are. I wouldn't be here if you weren't a friend. Now show me where the alarm system is."

I had Addie walk me around the perimeter of the house. I checked the doors and the windows. Addie was already feeling better, knowing that I was there. I told her the game plan.

"You're going to sleep upstairs in the master. I'm going to sleep downstairs in the study. Just have your phone ready to call 911 if you need to. Lock the bedroom door and don't let anyone in."

I went outside to retrieve my duffel from the trunk. A gust of wind caused a maelstrom of leaves to surround me and the car. I turned up the collar of my coat, retrieved my bag, and gratefully reentered the warmth of the house.

The study was located just off the front entranceway. There was an old fashioned Murphy bed in the wall that I easily pulled down. It was a full size, and more than comfortable for me. I pulled out a book and starting reading it, my gun laying by my side. It was already a long day and I started to doze off.

It must have been the middle of the night when the buzzer went off on the alarm box. The buzzer was supposed to go off when a door or window was opened. You had twenty seconds to enter in the code, otherwise the alarm bell would go off. I bolted upright in my bed and reached to the side for my gun. Nothing was there.

"Uh huh, it's not there." It was a voice from a darkness of my room. His face was obscured by the poor lighting, but he was a large man. Then I felt cold steel pressing against my cheek. A Beretta PX-4 Storm Compact if I wasn't mistaken. I recognized it because it was my gun and now Jace was holding it.

"The alarm box code, please." Jace had somehow gotten inside the house but he didn't have the alarm code. I did, and he wasn't going to get it.

"Eat shit, Jace."

My answer apparently angered him. He leapt forward, eager to strangle me. I was able to avoid him, but lost my balance getting out of the way. He was able to grab a sleeve and take the first swing. He connected with my shoulder. It hurt ... a lot. As I staggered backwards he took another swing and connected with my chin. I took a feeble swing at him, grazing his belt buckle. It felt as if he loosened a couple teeth and I teetered on losing consciousness. As I crumpled to the floor he tried to get on top of me, and that's when I summoned the remainder of my strength and kneed him in the groin. He rolled on his side in pain as the alarm box stopped beeping and the alarm bell sounded. Jace dropped the gun and staggered to his feet and ran away. I was laying on the floor when Addie came downstairs to investigate.

"I told you to stay in your room." I wanted to be mad. "How did you know he was gone?" I shouted above the din of the alarm bell.

"I saw him drive away from my bedroom window. I got his license plate number."

"Bless you. We'll catch that bastard." I tried not to rub my shoulder. It hurt like hell.

I went over to the alarm box and entered in the code. The bell stopped ringing. I tried to use my arm to pull my cell phone out of my pocket so I could call the alarm company to tell them that it was all clear. But my arm was so sore that I couldn't move it. Addie noticed.

"My God, you're hurt. How can I help you?" Her eyes channeled her concern.

I pointed to the phone number on the alarm box. "Call the alarm company and tell them that we don't need the police to come. I'll take care of this."

While Addie was on the phone, I took the opportunity to rub my shoulder. She finished her call.

"So what happened down here? Where did he hurt you?"

"My shoulder mostly. He knocked me down, and when I got up he slugged me in the face." I turned my head to the side so she could see what was certainly an ugly purple. "But I got one shot at him." I showed her the scrape marks on the knuckles on my right hand. Maybe I was showing off a bit, but it was understandable after standing my ground against a very large angry man with a gun.

Addie gave me a hug that lingered. "You did it to protect me."

"That was the idea."

She kissed me on the lips. They were sore, but it felt good. I thought it was a "thank you" kiss but she wanted more. She put her hand behind my head. I got the idea. My lips parted, allowing her tongue to mingle with mine. There was fire in the kiss, and now I knew that she wanted me. I wanted her from the night I pulled her away from that raving lunatic.

My phone chimed. I had to go in. Fuck.

"I've gotta go." Welcome to a relationship with a police officer.

* * *

What bullshit. I was called to fill in for one of the officers that supervised the intake of prisoners. Not exactly what I was trained for. And on top of it, I got called away from Addie. She was so loving to me, such an unexpected turn from being her protector. I was now interfacing with the flotsam and jetsam of life, homeless people, teenage delinquents and prostitutes. It didn't give me time to think about Addie, and what that kiss meant. I did get a chance to turn in the information on Jace's car. I expected he would be picked up shortly.

My shift was about over. It was double time, so that eased the aching pain in my shoulder. I was grateful at least to have a shift behind a desk instead of out on the streets. As my shift came to an end I started to think about Addie and the kiss. It was an invitation for something more, but what was that? I decided to call her and ease the suspense.

"Addie, are you OK?"

"I'm fine. I've got all the doors locked and the alarm on. I've haven't seen or heard from Jace. More importantly, how are you?"

"I'm fine. Shoulder's still sore but it should be fine. The side of my face is turning purple."

"Poor baby. I'm going to fix you breakfast. You are coming over, aren't you?"

"Sure I am. Jace, you know. Need to keep you company until he's picked up."

"Of course. What time shall I expect you?"

"Running out in a couple minutes. Say a half hour?"

"Sounds good."

I went to my locker and changed into my civvies and put on make-up. I hadn't slept all night but at least I didn't look like a zombie. Lanny was coming in to start his shift and stopped by my locker.

"Looking good Sarge, hot date in the morning?" I was wearing a blouse and caught him looking down it.

"Shut up you pervert." I used my hand to push his head in another direction, away from my breasts. I was flattered that he looked. He had an "aw shucks" expression on his face.

"You got a life too. Visiting Addie?"

"None of your fucking business."

"So Addie it is. She's a sweet girl."

"This conversation is over." I shut the door on my locker and walked away.

Apparently Lanny could read me like an open book. That was embarrassing. I got into my car and drove out to her house in a swanky neighborhood. It looked magnificent in broad daylight, a sprawling two story house with immaculate landscaping front and back. I parked in front and walked across the lawn to the front door. The front entranceway was impressive, with a curved portico supported by columns protecting the front door. I rang the bell.

I heard the sound of high heels on a wooden floor echo in the hallway, and then the door opened. Addie stood there in a floral print dress and open toed strappy high heel sandals. The puffiness in her eye had almost gone away completely. Her face beamed when she saw me.

"Max!" Even though she knew it was going to be me, her joy was unmistakable.

I hugged her, and her body melted into mine. I wanted her all to myself.

"Breakfast," she said as the hug ended. She took me by the hand to lead me to the breakfast nook. "You must be starving."

Truth be told I was. I didn't have anything to eat after I left Addie's the night before so my meal was long overdue. I smelled pancakes, bacon and coffee. I could have followed my nose to the food. There was a stack of pancakes, a plate of bacon and a pot of coffee sitting on the small round breakfast table nestled in a semi-circular bench. The nook looked out to a garden area in the back yard. I took a seat on the bench on put a napkin on my lap.

"Jesus Addie, it smells and looks terrific."

"You deserve nothing less."

"I don't deserve this."

Addie piled a stack of pancakes and several slices of bacon on my plate. "Eat," she said. She filled my mug with hot coffee and sat back to watch me. I poured maple syrup on my pancakes and started to eat. It was delicious.

"Where did you learn to cook like this?" I tried to talk when my mouth wasn't full.

"My mother. She was a great cook. Loved breakfast. So do I."

"OK. You look beautiful this morning. A wonderful breakfast. If I didn't know any better I would think you were trying to seduce me."

"What makes you think I'm not?"

I took a bite out of the bacon. Just how I liked it, chewy in the middle and crispy on the ends. I washed it down with some coffee. "Let me finish this great breakfast and then we'll find out."

I probably ate my breakfast faster than I wanted to, but Addie was there watching me and I wanted her more than I wanted the breakfast. When I finished I wiped my mouth with my napkin and put it in the middle of my empty plate.

"Breakfast's done. Are you the dessert?"

"There's no dessert with breakfast." She folded her arms across her chest in mock defiance. I could tell that she knew where this conversation was leading.

I took her in my arms and went to kiss her. Her velvety soft lips brushed lightly against mine, my face becoming flush with excitement. "There is today," I whispered in her ear.

We went upstairs to her bedroom, me following her and admiring her swaying backside as she went up the stairs.

When we got to the top of the stairs she turned around so she was facing me. "I've known since you stood between me and Jace."

"Known what?" I had a really good guess but I wanted her to say it.

"That we'd be together. It was a feeling I had at that time. Your presence was calming. I felt safe with you. I feel safe with you now."

"Just safe?"

"OK, do you want me to say it? I was attracted to you ... sexually. You have an aura ... power and control ... I find it ... exciting."

"Do you feel that now ... excited?" This talk was getting me excited. We were now in her bedroom. The covers were turned down on the made bed.

"Very," she replied, standing with her bottom against the foot of the bed.

I pulled her close to me so her face was inches from mine. "Do you want me to fuck you?"

"Yes," she replied breathily.

"Take off your dress and your bra Addie."

She did it without hesitation.

"Now the panties."

She looked at me while she did it. As she threaded her foot through her panties she took the sopping wet mess and waved it in front of me.

"You did this to me."

I wasn't ashamed. I was proud. Proud to be with a beautiful woman. Proud that I excited her.

God she was perfect. Pale white skin, dotted with freckles. Pear shaped breasts with a slight sag, her areola the size of a half dollar, and her nipples long and erect. A neatly trimmed blonde pubic patch below, the light colored hair drenched with moisture.

I tried to kiss each freckle on her chest as I lazily made my way to her breasts. I used two fingers to pull her nipple away from her chest and sucked the stretched flesh of her breast into my mouth, greedily licking it as I tugged on the turgid teat. She wrapped her arms around my head and neck, pinning me against her as her breathing became irregular.

"Max ... I never ..." she sighed over the sounds of sucking and licking.

Visions of Maureen suddenly flashed in my mind. The want. The bottomless pit of want. Addie would visit that special place.

I licked, nibbled and sucked her other breast, never moving my hand near that molten cauldron between her legs, but feeling the heat. Her knees wobbled as she sat on the bed. I pushed her backwards so she was lying on her back, her knees hanging over the end of the bed and her legs dangling.

She raised her torso up as she rested on her elbows. I took off my clothes, watching her watch me do it. She seemed to be fascinated by my breasts. I cupped my breasts and raised the left one to my mouth so I could suck the nipple. I looked at her when I did it. The tip of her tongue escaped her mouth and she used it to wet her lips.

"Show yourself to me. Show me you want me," I urged.

She pulled her knees to her chest. Her puffy sex was fully exposed to me, but so was her pucker. Maureen had taught me to start there.

I kissed the inside of her snow white thighs, the tender flesh quivering as my kisses went higher. She started to gasp, anticipating my assault on her pussy, but I went lower, rimming her anus in broad strokes with my tongue.

"No ... not there ..." she started to say as I laved her asshole, the muscles twitching as the tip of my tongue pressed lightly on the center. Then as my tongue widened the opening for me to plunder her gaping asshole, her cries became one of delight. "No ... ahhhhhh ... ahhhhh ... yes ... there ... oh God ..." she gasped as I tongued fucked her.

My fingers ventured higher. She rocked side to side on her back as I vigorously rubbed her drenched cunt, her labia opening to welcome me inside her. I accepted her lewd invitation and thrust two fingers inside her, whipping her cream as I continued to make love to her ass.

"Max ... oh ... my God ... ahhhhh ... yes ... don't stop ... don't fucking stop ..." she begged as my hand became a blur and her body stiffened as straight and as hard as a board.

"Fuckkkkkkk" she wailed as her pussy clamped onto my fingers and her asshole constricted around my tongue. "Fuck, fuck, fuck ..." tumbled off her lips, surrendering herself to me.

I stopped to catch my breath. I used the back of my hand to wipe the juices off my lips. She reached forward and took my hand, slowly licking the juices off of it like a cat cleaning itself. Her eyes had a faraway look -- a look of contentment, a look of satiated lust.

"No one's ever done that to me before."

"I hope not ... that was downright nasty."

"I loved it. I love nasty," she said with a devious sparkle in her eye.

Jesus, Addie, where have you been all of my life?

I sat on the bed next to her. Her eyes roamed to my breasts.

"They're so big ... and so beautiful."

She reached over with her right hand and cupped my left breast, feeling its weight. "So big ..." she said, talking to herself.

She evidently had in mind what she wanted to do. She guided me so I was on my hand and knees on the bed. "Close your eyes," she said in that cute voice of hers. I did, awaiting my surprise.

I felt her move on the bed, behind me. She moved my hands so they were pulling my asscheeks apart. My face was now planted deep inside her down comforter. I felt her tongue sweep upward from my drenched pussy to my spread open asshole. She stuck her tongue inside.

"Ohhhhhhhh ..." I moaned, low and long. This was hot and nasty.

Then she grasped my nipple, pulling it down towards the bed, almost to the point of pain. That earned another groan from me.

She buried her face in my pussy, one hand pulling and twisting my nipple and the other playing with my asshole, wetting her fingers with my pussy juice. She sucked hard on my clit while giving my nipple a firm twist. The pain and pleasure took my breath away.

"Arrrrrrgh ... ahhhhhhhh" I moaned and then gasped as the sharp pain gave way to unrelenting pleasure.

She pushed two fingers against my anus, working it open until they were buried all the way inside me. I wanted to scream, as her fingers ignited a searing heat that had to be put out quickly. She did it by rimming my asshole while her fingers wiggled inside me, then skimming her tongue down to my clit, sucking the hardened nub in her mouth and pinching it with her pursed lips as her tongue swabbed it.