All Comments on 'Collateral Ch. 15'

by laurasfox

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I don’t ever want to see the end of it either (*whispered)!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
power dynamics

I love this story, but this chapter seems demeaning to Jake. Up to this point, they've had a seemingly balanced power dynamic, but in this chapter Klaus treats him poorly, as though he's a child, and the next move Jake makes is using all the sex toys that Klaus has purchased him and perform for Klaus. It just felt different from the other chapters, I guess. But feel free to ignore (or respond to!) my comment if you think I don't know what I'm talking about. I really enjoy this characters--happy writing!

laurasfoxlaurasfoxalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@anon talking about power dynamics

Oh, boy, will you hate me more for what will come in the next chapters? I wonder.

Now, I'm going to start by saying that I would never dare to tell people what to think about my stories. Any opinion is welcome, even if it's not in an agreement with my point of view. And it is thought-provoking to see how other people look at a work of fiction from different angles.

Truth is, when kinks are concerned, some people find some things hot, while others find them icky. It's all natural, and that's the beauty of human nature: we're different from one another just in the same measure that we're the same.

Now, to avoid making this long and boring, let's focus on the characters in the story. Klaus is the older one, he has things and thinking patterns he believes set in stone. He's also the type of person who expects to be obeyed. Jake, on the other hand, is the one who's more of a work in progress as a person. He's in a stage of discovering himself, and others.

That being said, power dynamics is a well-chosen term. But there will also be conflict. And how the two will manage to make things work between them is the actual theme of this story.

I hope that, in the end, when you read the entire story, and you'll compare the good and the bad, the former will come on top.

My characters, just as my writing, have flaws. Whether there's something worthwhile in this story, I let you be the judge. :)

Thank you for the insightful comment,

All the best,

Laura.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
outstanding

I have read many, many stories on this site, and none come close to the way this story and these characters make me feel. The slow build, the power plays, the cliff hangers —- they kill me. I fall more and more in love with Klaus and Jake during each chapter! I can’t wait to see what comes next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@Anon

Hey so I read your comment and can kind of understand where you come from. It does eventually get better through! There definitely is some power dynamics but that's kind of what makes the whole story work, you'll see. I've read the entire book so thankfully know how everything ends. I personally couldn't keep reading only one chapter at a time so decided to Patreon Laura, as the wait was literally driving me crazy.

Now I have the problem of reading her other amazing books and trying not to be a pain waiting for the next chapters 😂 Anyhoo please stick to the story you'll love it in the end I'm sure x Nina

Starrynight22Starrynight22almost 6 years ago

This remains one of my favorite stories of all time.

dnsontndnsontnover 2 years ago

Total page turner. Reading this on a Sunday and I'll be facing Monday sleep deprived. Gotta read Ch. 16

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlaurasfox@laurasfox
I have a Patreon account where I publish all my new stories and chapters first: https://www.patreon.com/laurasfox

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES