All Comments on 'Colliding Worlds'

by Griscom

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Very good, but she's also guilty of Bigamy. I'm sure she will also be generous in the divorce settlement because otherwise the publicity will hurt her firm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Heh heh heh!

Sly story. Took me by surprise.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The minute you mentioned she kept a log?

I figured that would be her downfall. It's like taking pictures or videos. If you're going to commit the crime NEVER have concrete evidence around ANYWHERE! Once again, a good story that could use a LOT more information. Thanks for the effort.

4 stars

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 3 years ago

Disgusting behavior when a man does it. Just as disgusting when it's a woman.

Question: does this kind of situation ever 'works out'? I mean, have you ever heard of a person, passing away by natural causes, that only end up being find out as a bigamist after his/her two families meet at the wake?

People are stupid, and bigamy is as stupid an action as you can expect from any human being - hell, one marriage is hard enough, so why the fuck would anyone willingly want to be AND stay in two!? What a nightmare.

I cannot see her fighting that divorce - I mean, she's seriously lucky that Steve and Peter didn't put her in jail for her fraudulent behavior. Cause they definitely could have.

Disturbingly entertaining. Thanks for the share.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Uh Oh!

Now that’s a 750 word gem that leaves you with a little closure. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not believable

She would have known how easily only rudimentary document searches using any of several technology platforms would have revealed her charades. No note cards need to have been found.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
OK

That was one of the better 750 word stories I read. The paragraph of the East Coast guy saying he never been to Hawaii was a little confusing since they were in a California airport. I guess a was a stopover?

Anyway, this reminds me of boot camp. One of the recruits had three girlfriends at the same time and was writing to all three. I asked him if he was concerned of getting caught. He said they didn't know each other. Well, one week from graduation he received three Dear John letters. Evidently, there was an event they all attended where they all talked about their boyfriend being in boot camp. That's when they had their 'Wait. Who's your boyfriend' moment. They got together later to have a read and compare party of the letters he wrote. They let him know how they felt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
i seriously feel that the 750 word

...story competitions are a colossal waste of time and effort and other then the rare story which makes complete sense..none of the others like this one, do anything but leave an oh oh...taste in the mouth... as if u expected a peach cobbler... but you just got one half of a raw peach...

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

Well executed and entertaining. Always amusing to see the shitter become the shittee. Thanks much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
It was good

The plot was very interesting but the story was just too short, there are lot of emotional angles that need to be addressed. I hope someone will write something that will expand Griscom's story (calling FTDS or saddletramp1957 or skippy47 or Vandemonium1, hey Just_Plain Bob don't touch this please). 3 star for the story. 4 star for the author.

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandabout 3 years ago

Great way to lower the boom on her.

Enjoyed the story.

OdiouserOdiouserabout 3 years ago

Kinda cute for a short one.

rublicksrublicksabout 3 years ago
Sweet

Nice to see both men win

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Now THAT is a shitty day! Mine has to be better. Thank you for the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Enough said

Way to go girl. First class all the way.

Maybe next 2 husbands will be better. (or more clueless?)

JayDiverJayDiverabout 3 years ago

Selfish and entitled people have an amazing ability for justification, self-delusion, and rationalization.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
That was fun! 5*****

Just right and just enough. No broken knees, no one goes to jail, just a cheating wife served and undone. Perfect! Thank you.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Great job! Of course, I would have loved to read the "expanded version" but you didn't miss a beat with the 750 word story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Jesus christ its a deluge of shit 750 lately.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The 750 word project has certainly ruined a lot of potentially great actually stories.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Oops, those damn cards...

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago
Boring

Not much of a story. I guess the index cards were the meat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved it! Teamwork!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well...

Seems like they’ll all three get over it pretty quick

yowseryowserabout 3 years ago

Ambicoastal

Moral: Never use index cards.

Cute tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Deus Ex Machina

Pete 'conveniently' found the index cards? With no explanationas to how? Yeah, right! 1* only because minus stars aren't available.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What we need is someone to take these 750 word outlines and make actual stories out of them. Kind of like FTDS use to do.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 3 years ago
NOT Bigamy

She did not commit bigamy (at least in this story.) Sweetie’s Vegas marriage was not filed in Nevada. If she had filed joint taxes (State or Federal) with the Left Coaster, then yes*, but that is not in the 750. Notice there was only ONE petition (EC) served.

* or any similar official act, like a Cal drivers license with the LC name. Joint ownership of property is OK, if she used her maiden name OR even her EC name.

4*. Hell, since she was in Cal. why not go for an adios 3some?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Short, sweet, too the point. Cheating bitch caught flat footed in front of both guys at the same time 5 stars

Gamblnluck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Let's do the time warp again

Index cards? This must have been written in the 1980s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A great introduction, an inadequate story.

The woman has serious mental and ethical dysfunction, which would be interesting to read about. I just wonder why she thought she had to deceive Both men? If Steve was OK with a phony Elvis wedding, and her part time habitation, why not tell him that he's so fucking awesome that he has seduced her to become his Left Coast hot wife?

Oh, but that would take more than 750 words. My bad.

Thanks for the effort.

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesabout 3 years ago
WHAM - BAM -

Thank you, sir?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The story doesn’t really lend itself to the 750 word series, needs expounding somewhat. The storyline is quite familiar though, seem to think there is a similar story out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Just two words

VERY GOOD!

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 3 years ago

Clever story line but the outcome was clearly evident from the outset.

Yep, the cards.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

I love it! Short, sweet, and to the point!

baulloyder68baulloyder68about 3 years ago

Ha, Ha Bitch. Five*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Where have I read something very similar? 🤔

Where?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
My only problem with these stories is as another said. IRS!

Being retired CPA I would expect any spouse even if filing separately to have copies of spouse's returns. What address!?

And More Burn!!

Otherwise good story

jtwheels

phill1cphill1cabout 3 years ago

I gave it a 5. It was a complete story that happened to be 750 words. Sure, I want more, there's something to build on here because your story was excellent. Thanks.

GriscomGriscomabout 3 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous 02/22/21

Q: "Where have I read something very similar?"

A: I don't know. Where? I know where I got the idea from, and neither source was on this site. But I am eager to find a kindred soul.

GriscomGriscomabout 3 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous 02/21/21 - Let's do the time warp again

Q: "Index cards? This must have been written in the 1980s."

A: I just bought a 2-pack of index cards this evening. I make notes on them with a fountain pen. STEAM PUNK!

GinloverGinloverabout 3 years ago

She got her just deserts

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Needs more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Either no story great ending or no ending great sset up but either way no better than a 2

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Read again. Funny. Probably should have kept her notes on her laptop in a hidden file. 😂

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I read it again. I DO enjoy this story! So often the two husbands would blame each other. Here, they come together to place the blame where it belongs.

Omart57Omart57almost 3 years ago

Good one, Gris! Short and sweet!

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

5stars -

Payback is a bitch.

This will teach the woman to ensure the information about her next men are in a secure encrypted tablet.

It should also be a warning to all couples - to 'trust' BUT verify regularly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

50 ways, to leave your narcissist slut( feel free to add your own)

1. “ Take away her Peter, Steve. Just make sure the bitch leaves”

2.” No need to get feral, just hit the road, Cheryl”

3. “ No more men to fund you babe, you might as well move into a cave”:

4. “ Cheryl’s not getting younger, just a used up whoremonger”.

5. We shoulda known you were a nasty slut, because of your loose butt”

5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ehh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some one like her doesn't care... just a temporary setback until she finds some other suckers... and, there are plenty out there to find.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Didn't manage her own crisis too well, I'd say. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Uh! She married two guys and they didn’t call the local sheriff? That’s bigamy which carries a jail sentence!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Another shot in the dark and when we practice to deceive........................

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice and quick. Too bad she couldn’t keep both, seemed to work for a while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Terse, to the point, and satisfyingly destructive. A well-done minimalist slice of life.

By the by, no bigamy here; the second marriage was a”fake”,Elvis ceremony.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too bad that what she thought was fake Elvis ceremony was very real and then two more men walked up to her and they were from the local sheriff department with a warrant for her arrest for bigamy which carries a jail sentence!

Anonymous7 months ago

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

Both men are lawyers. They would know whether the Vegas marriage was legit. Let’s drop the bigamy comments. Sucks to be Peter. 10 years wasted on this slut. Hope their home is in his name only so she’s on the street when she returns to the East coast.

ttt59ttt59about 1 year ago

Thanks for the heads up on the extradition from Montenegro, although my guy is safe since he didn't embezzle 20 million, only shot a couple of people with a pellet gun! Good story here, BTW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Haha! The bitch who thought she could get away with it wound up being burned. She’ll later find out that if she fought the divorce, both men would testify against her in an attempted bigamy case. So her world crashed. For 750 words, good story. 4 stars. Bob

skruff101skruff1019 months ago

It’s so satisfying when cheaters get caught.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

4 stars, mostly out of respect for the author, and at least there was no typical LW whiney "but i luuuuve the backstabbing psycho". BUT, honestly it deserved only 3 - the asswipe didn't get any downside (losing 2 marks neither of whom she even remotely cared about doesn't count), whereas they COULD have had her arrested and convicted for bigamy (which is illegal in USA), and trashed ALL her stuff as she had no way to prove they did not.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

@SwordWielder, believe the Vegas wedding was fake, so no bigamy.

\

@Anonymous Re: Not believable - That assumes somebody is searching.

\

Why not use a smartphone or a tablet? No cards to be found!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A good concept, but more of an outline than a story so I couldn't rate it above average.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd25 months ago

no anger, no angst, no sadness portrayed by either husband? After such betrayal, disrespect and lying? No payback including possibly having her arrested for bigamy? Better off in a real story, the 750 words couldn't quite do it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

BlueEyd2 has not been paying attention to detail. The 'wedding' with Steve was a 'fake Elvis ceremony', therefore she has not committed what meets the legal definition of bigamy. I much prefer characters like Peter and Steve who take firm decisive action against cheats to the pathetic creatures whose response to this level of disrespect is to stand there weeping and puking, thus demonstrating the very reasons why they were cheated on. Bravo!

JR

demanderdemander4 months ago

Nice. Wages of Sin. D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@demander:

If you’re going to refer to the Bible, do it correctly. The Wages of Sin is DEATH. No one died in this story. Unfortunately.

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Interesting, but way too short!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGriscom@Griscom
Just speaking my truth fictionally while I march to my own kazoo band. For those unhappy with the contents of any story I have submitted, full refunds are available in the lobby after the show. And please note that some of my most enjoyable writing, and some of the stuff tha...