Colour Me Happy Ch. 13-14

Story Info
Stephen thinks about a new career.
2.3k words
4.28
2.2k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CH 13 & 14

Continuing story of Stephen who sees emotions as vivid colour. In this chapter Stephen decides he needs to make the most of his talents and pursues a new career path.

As always comments and thoughts most welcome.

All characters are over 18 years of age

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke from a restless sleep at 7am and wandered downstairs. Mom was already up and about. She took a single look at me and noticed my dishevelled state.

"Didn't sleep well," she asked me.

"No," I said.

"What have you got on your mind," She asked.

"Well," I answered, "I met up with Helen and her husband last night, it did not go well."

"Why was that?"

"Well, I had a threesome with Helen and her husband. Let's just say work might be a bit awkward. Plus, I'm not sure the whole corporate thing is for me. I've been thinking I need a change and am struggling to make a decision. If I go now with this awkwardness in the air, Helen might think I'm bailing because of what happened."

"Well, are you avoiding or do you really want a change?"

"Well, maybe, a little yeah but it's not like I haven't been thinking about moving on for some time. I've been thinking about utilising my intuitive talents more directly."

Mom considered for time and then thoughtfully replied, "I think if you are not merely avoiding a difficult situation, then you should try and maximise your opportunities and that means making the most of your gifts."

I felt encouraged by her support, "thanks mom, you always know what to say, I think I do need to move on and pursue other opportunities. I'll need to make sure Helen understands though."

I spent the remainder of the weekend lounging about and playing computer games. Jen joined me in bed in the evenings after long days out and about and I welcomed her company. I told her about Helen and James and discussed my plans to take a new direction in my work life and she too was wholly supportive.

"I know what you should do," she said as we laid in each other's arms.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Well, with your unique talent, you should take on marriage counselling."

"Don't you need a licence or something for that?" I asked.

"You don't need a licence if you don't hold yourself out as a psychologist, just don't lie about your qualifications. Everyone knows a successful marriage is about communication. You can help people find the truth and clearly communicate."

She did have a point, this is something I think I could do and should really look into. What's more, all it would require was a premises, maybe I could even keep my job for a while I was getting established. The premises would need to be more like a house than an office if things were going to develop the way I imagined. Something homely and comfortable, but also professional. Then the perfect location struck me, a suite at the Carlisle Hotel where Angela and Maisy were now working. I resolved to give them a call.

The following day I called Angela at the hotel and discussed my aspirations. She mentioned that the suite was regularly used by businesses that needed something professional but temporary. The cost was $2500 per day/night, however we would only need to take the room when I had an appointment. If I could funnel appointments into the same day, the cost would not be such an impost.

Next, I contacted a web designer and organised to get a brochureware website setup. Within a couple of weeks, I had my first appointment -- Monica and Peter. The web site allowed them to provide a brief outline of relationship ahead of our first meeting. They were both 44 years old, high-school sweethearts together 27 years. They said they love each other and want to stay together but something was missing in their relationship and want some help. I booked the suite and confirmed their appointment.

I arrived at the suite an hour before the allotted time, placed some stationary on the desk and tried to make things look professional. The suite itself was perfect, it had a lounge area, separate bedroom and separate and spacious office & meeting area.

Peter and Monica arrived bang on time. I welcomed them and asked them to take a seat on the three-seater couch in the lounge area while I sat opposite them.

After introductions and some small talk, it was time to get to the matter at hand. I started with an explanation of the process, "Firstly," I began, "I'd like to welcome you to my practice. I have a process in mind that I like to take couples through. It starts with a series of interviews. First with each of you individually, and then I will meet with both of you together. This will usually take an hour or two. At the end of those interviews, I'll let you know whether I think I can help you. What I am assessing, frankly, is whether you are committed enough to your relationship and whether your expectations are realistic. Although it can be uncomfortable at times, honesty is critical throughout the process. If you can be honest and thoughtful in your communication with me and each other, you are already more than 50% of the way there.

After this initial scene setting exercise, if both you Peter and Monica and I form a view that work together we will work out a plan which will include a set of objective goals so that we can measure our progress towards a successful outcome. We will need to schedule weekly appointments for a period of 6 to 8 weeks. At the end of that process, acting in good faith, I believe we should make significant progress. The fee for my services will be twenty thousand dollars. At any stage, if we don't seem likely to make the significant progress we are looking for, I will let you know. We will terminate the sessions and you won't be required to pay any fee. I should warn you though, our sessions will push your boundaries and at times there will be activities that you may find uncomfortable. I will try and keep this discomfort to a minimum.

I will make a substantial commitment of my time in order to help you both and should you agree to participate, I need you to commit to and follow the programme whole heartedly. I can assure you that you won't be asked to do anything unsafe or illegal. What do you think? Would you like some time to discuss it?"

They looked at each other, then at me and both spoke simultaneously, "Yes, could we have a minute?"

"Sure," I said, "take your time, I'll be in my office. Just knock on the door when you're ready"

I got up and entered my office, closing the door behind me and allowed them some time to speak privately. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door.

"We think your offer is very fair," Monica said.

Peter continued, "We are committed, and want this to work, we will follow through even when things get uncomfortable."

"OK then, I'll need you both to sign a copy of the commercial arrangements, and we can get started."

I handed them a copy of my commercial terms which outlined what I had discussed in more detail, they looked it over and signed the agreement.

"OK Peter, why don't we start with you, Monica there is a cold drink in the fridge or tea or coffee facilities if you'd prefer something hot. Why don't you wait in the lounge area. Peter, you can join me in my office."

Monica returned to the lounge with a cold drink, while Peter followed me into my office. We sat down to begin our first session of discovery.

I studied his colours, hues of orange and blue we evident indicating anxiety and nervousness and perhaps a little sadness, no hint of deception. This was a positive start.

"So, Peter," I began, "tell me in your own words why you're here."

Peter summed up his feelings, "Well," he began, "I love Monica, I want a whole relationship, one which includes sex. I the last 10 years we have had sex maybe 5 times, and I know Monica only gave in out of a sense of duty or guilt. Thing is, when we were younger, she was far more adventurous. I know we have it in us to get back to the excitement we used to feel. Now though, even when we did have sex, she was not really a willing participant, and it leaves me flat as well. I need, I want more."

We spoke for a little while longer, I asked Peter what he thought Monica would reply when asked the same question. There was an easy flow, Peter was nervous but truthful. After about 35 minutes we concluded. I understood the situation from Peter's perspective, it would be interesting to see if Monica shared his opinion.

I led Peter back to the lounge area and asked Monica to join me back in my office.

Monica led without being prompted, "I know what he said the problem is."

"Really? Tell me then, what do you think Peter would say the problem is."

"He wants more sex, more passion, and he wants me to instigate sex. The thing is, I don't like it. It's uncomfortable, often painful, and I come away sore. I do love him, and I want him to be happy, so I sometimes let him, but it's always the same."

"Was there ever a time that you looked forward to sex?" I asked.

"Before we were married, I use to dream about devouring him. When we dated, we would sometimes go parking afterwards. We would kiss, and I would feel his body on mine, his hands on me and I was on fire with desire. When we got married it just didn't work. I don't know why."

I continued, "Do you ever feel that 'fire' anymore? Is there anything that sometimes gets you going?"

Nervously she continued, "Sometimes, yes. I mean, I like men, I like looking at men, sometimes I even look at pictures of men. Looking at those picture makes me feel things."

"What sort of pictures do you like to look at?" I asked.

She blushed, "There are some that show a woman with two or perhaps three men. They are putting their hands all over her body and they are so erect and ready for sex. It makes me so hot. But then I remember what it's like when try and do anything they do, and I get deflated."

Monica had hues of nervousness honesty, a puff of yellow quickly extinguished as she hedged around her porn habits.

There was more to the conversation, but the essence was clear and consistent. A couple, together from a young age, no experience, and no idea about their own bodies, much less their partner's. They were in love, but those bonds were weakened by a lack of a fulfilling sexual relationship. Both Peter and Monica were truthful. The potential was there, they both wanted sex. I thought I could help them, but they would need to un-learn and re-learn everything about themselves and their partner. Monica, in particular, had strong but unfulfilled desires. If we could first train Peter on how to nurture her, and provide safety and pleasure, we could give her the confidence to unleash those desires. It would be a meaningful improvement to their marriage and their lives.

Monica and I re-joined Peter in the lounge.

"I think I can help you both," I said, "You both appear committed to your relationship and are deeply in love. Your ties are being weakened though because you are both unfulfilled. This will ultimately lead to resentment. There is a bright side though, I believe we can work through it. It will require you both to relearn your sexual selves, this which will challenge you. My plan is for you to meet with me over the next 4 weeks, we will perform exercises together designed to make us comfortable in our own skins, there will also be homework to practice. When we can live with ourselves, we will reintroduce the partnership. At the end of the 4 week period, if you stay the course, I think you will both find an equilibrium in terms of quality and quantity of sexual activity, something you can both be happy with. One thing though, from today, until I tell you otherwise there must be no sexual activity. No asking, no offering. Not alone, not with each other. Until I give you permission to do so."

I didn't need to see both Peter's and Monica's hues were brightly blue to see the nervousness, they looked like rabbits caught in a headlight.

"OK," I said, "lets reconvene next week and we will make a start."

We made another appointment, and I officially had my first clients.

The next week would be here in no time and I had to yet fully form a plan on how to help Monica and Peter. It was pretty clear that Monica was unfulfilled and Peter would need help discovering how to please her. Part of the problem was that she also did not know how to please herself. This was part of her restrictive upbringing and a lack of experience. I made few notes and started to form a plan of how to proceed. It would not be easy to make the transition, however by reducing the negative feelings and enhancing the positive I knew we could make progress.

Next chapter, Stephen continues counselling sessions with Peter and Monica.