Combat Healer Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She nodded, her gold eyes still tentative.

"My name is Allister, by the way. Nice to meet you, and to potentially have you on the team."

She nodded. "I'm Melantha." She paused. "You may call me Mel, if you'd prefer."

I tried to hide my surprise. Not only was Melantha not an Oni name, but it was kind of unusual for them to offer strangers to use a shortened version of their name. Not only did Turg, Shel, and Dagru have significantly longer and more complex names, but only the members of our guild got to use those names.

Outsiders were presented with the lengthier versions, especially if the outsider was an Oni. Granted, it wouldn't have been the first time I'd seen an Oni provide an elf or human with a shortened version of their name, for simplicity.

I supposed it was also possible she was just that confident that she'd be a part of the team after the evaluation. Granted, given that her staff was a magical artifact and she was A Tier, I supposed that was very likely, though it did kind of make me wonder if she'd show the weapon off or try to hide what it was capable of.

Returning to my seat, I took my time working on my breakfast, letting the bread soak longer than usual as I waited for her while I perused my tome. She made a short trip to the table to drop off her black metal staff across from me, along with her leather bag, before returning to the bar.

I tried to focus on the elvish words on the page, but I was beginning to realize it was a lost cause. Because I was instead finding myself highly anticipating talking with this attractive woman with white hair, gold eyes, and rosy skin.

There was something about her that sparked my hope again, even though I knew it was best to keep my expectations realistic.

Still, I was very much looking forward to continuing our conversation.

And to potentially adding her to the team.

-

I update my Bio on Literotica frequently to reflect my Release Schedule and what chapters are pending review.

Submitted: September 8, 2022 to Literotica (Copyright 2021 Kaizer Wolf)