Combat Healer Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Val nodded. "Umm, okay. So, Mr. Allie, then?"

I sighed. "Sure, just as long as it's not master."

Her purple eyes looked concerned. "But I can call you that in private, right?" she said hopefully, almost sounding desperate.

"Of course," I agreed, realizing I secretly hoped she did.

Shit, I was really going to get two women, wasn't I?

How in the hell did I get so lucky?

Except that this luck might just bring a ton of misfortune.

Deciding to put our plan into action, we began heading downstairs together in hopes of finding Turg, but once I got to the bottom of the stairs, I decided it might be a good idea to investigate our possible second plan. Which would be to form our own team.

Indicating that I needed to make a stop first, I had the two of them follow me down the main hallway connecting the canteen to the offices on the western side of the building, hoping to find a certain elf receptionist who was someone I knew I could trust to keep my inquiry a secret.

Thankfully, Eira was sitting at her desk, just as she'd been doing earlier when I brought Mel by to sign-on with Remnant, currently helping a large Blue Oni man with some paperwork. Like most elves, she was a bit taller than me, having light brown hair, pale skin, and brown eyes. Yet, she had a certain look to her, a gentleness to her face and a depth to her rich dark eyes that made you feel like you could see into her kind soul.

There was definitely a good reason why she was the primary receptionist.

She made everyone feel welcome, and easily calmed even the brutish of men who might grow frustrated with the paperwork they were required to fill out.

Needless to say, she looked up at us when we entered the room, only to focus on Val in surprise. She then returned her rich brown gaze to me, her expression apologetic.

"I'll be right with you, Allister, if you want to have a seat," she said, gesturing to the benches along the wall.

That was another thing about her. She knew everyone's name and always used it when addressing people in her gentle tone.

I simply nodded in response, moving over to the side, but choosing not to sit down. Both Val and Mel followed suit, standing on either side of me. Which just made the realization of this sudden change in my reality feel even more surreal.

A part of me was so happy right now, and I really wished I could just enjoy this unexpected arrangement I'd found myself in, specifically an arrangement that I felt like I'd actually earned, since both Val and Mel were interested in me because of my selfless deeds. After all, I'd never accepted payment for healing Val's mother, and I'd gone out of my way to ensure that Mel had food in her belly and a way for her to make her own coin.

And yet, I couldn't fully enjoy it at all, simply because I lived in a world where practically everyone fucked everyone else, especially the Oni, and I had two women that I wanted to keep for myself.

Obviously, it wouldn't be a problem if I was okay with sharing, but I wasn't okay with that.

Which meant having two girlfriends was going to cause problems.

A couple of elves came into the office area to drop something off and leave, only for Eira to finally finish up helping the Blue Oni man, before giving me her attention.

"What can I help you with Allister? I see you have a young woman with you. Are you wanting to add her to your team?"

"Sort of," I admitted. "Can we talk in private?"

Her rich brown eyes widened slightly, before she nodded, rising to her feet and gesturing toward a cracked doorway. "Please, step into the Guild Master's office. He's out today, so we can use it to converse."

I nodded, heading for the doorway while the other two followed, only for Eira to come in behind us and close the door fully.

I cleared my throat as we all faced her.

"First of all, this is Valshia Kumrahg, and she's an Essence Archer."

Her brown eyes widened as she focused down at Val. "Oh my. Such a rare focus."

"Thank you, ma'am," Val replied.

"Anyway," I continued. "I am interested in adding her to the team, but as you know, Turg and I often agree on those kinds of things together."

She nodded. "Yes, I'm very much aware, Allister. Is there a problem?"

Mel abruptly spoke up, being blunt. "Basically, the big guy wants to fuck me, but I don't want to fuck him. And Val here is actually betrothed to Allie, so we're concerned that Turg is going to be pissed that two women on his team don't want to fuck him."

Eira sighed. "Oh dear. How I wish these types of problems didn't arise as often as they do." She took a deep breath. "So how can I help?" she wondered, focusing on me.

"While it's not ideal, I'd like to know how difficult it would be to form our own team. For all I know, he might end up handling the situation alright, but if not then I have major concerns about being out in the wilderness with him for weeks at a time. At the very least, our team's ability to work together might completely fall apart, which would be lethal in a Dungeon."

"Yes, of course," she agreed. "And I am so sorry this problem has arisen for you. As to your inquiry, it is not uncommon for larger teams to decide to break up and form their own units. As you mentioned, sometimes the unity falls apart, and having a smaller team that works well together can often be more effective than a large team with no solidarity."

Mel spoke up. "So then, it's possible? It wouldn't be a problem?"

She frowned at that. "Lucius, our Guild Master, has placed limits on how frequently someone can either join a team, or switch to another team. It's to ensure that team switching doesn't happen too often, since that can create a lot of problems. Obviously, Allister, since you've never switched teams, it would not be a problem for you. Nor would it be a problem for miss Valshia here to join a newly formed team."

"But for Mel?" I wondered.

She frowned. "I believe Lucius would make an exception for her. After all, it is not too uncommon for someone to join a team, only to discover that they don't work well with some of their members. However, it would have to be approved by the Guild Master himself."

Mel chimed in. "But he will approve it, right?" she asked seriously.

"I have reason to believe he would, but unfortunately we can't ask him right now. It'll have to wait until he's back tomorrow. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help."

"No, not at all," I said reassuringly. "And if Turg lets this issue go, then it would be better for us to stick with my current team. Especially with the Big Dive coming up."

"I fully agree," she replied. "Although, given the nature of the situation, I think it best to not request that we add Valshia to your team today, even if he decides he is okay with it."

"To make sure it won't truly be an issue," I assumed.

She nodded. "Precisely. If by tomorrow morning you feel confident that adding her to the team won't cause significant issue, then I'll gladly help her fill out the paperwork. However, if by then you are certain it will become a problem, then you may speak with the Guild Master about allowing Mel to join a new team that you wish to form."

"Eira, you're the best," I replied warmly.

She returned the smile. "I'm happy to help. Is that all you need for now?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I think-"

Unexpectedly, we all slammed our hands to our ears as an earsplitting screech, unlike none other, pierced through the building and pained our very bones, growing louder and louder in volume until it felt like it was shaking the whole building...

Before it abruptly halted altogether.

"Oh my God," Mel exclaimed the moment it stopped. "What was that?!"

But no one got to respond, before that nauseating screech pierced our ears again, causing us all to desperately cover our ears a second time.

But the moment my thoughts kicked into gear, even as the second wave of noise continued on, I was already on the move, heading for the door.

Because I knew exactly what it was.

Even though I'd never heard it in my entire life.

Several of the Queen's Scouts had the rare Beast Master focus, and could communicate with animals. And of those few, a pair of elf sisters had befriended a rare Gryphon, a creature that was not native to our lands.

Astaer and Celestine.

The same sisters whom I'd met once before.

However, while many did not know their names, there was hardly a soul in the capital who didn't know of their existence. Because everyone knew that all the other scouts worked together to ensure that any vital information made it to the sisters, and by extension, the Gryphon.

So that he could sound the alarm, in the event the highest level of threat was upon us.

And the alarm had just been sounded...

There was an emergency.

The Guilds would be mobilized.

-

I update my Bio on Literotica frequently to reflect my Release Schedule and what chapters are pending review.

Submitted: December 1, 2022 to Literotica (Copyright 2021 Kaizer Wolf)