Coming Home Pt. 02

Story Info
Eight years is a long time to be away...
10.8k words
4.77
15.3k
34
20

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 05/27/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As with most stories on Literotica this one has elements that fit within other genres. However, I think that overall it is a Romance, so that's where I've placed it.

The storyline is from my own imagination so please don't tell me that the characters would or should have done this or that. The actions and reactions I've written fit with the way I wanted the tale to unfold. If you really hate it that much simply stop reading...

Comments on the actual writing are most welcome and if you spot a fault then it's all mine and I apologise in advance.

All the characters that engage in sexual activities are over the age of 18.

Enjoy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

COMING HOME - Part 2

Chapter 03 - Sean

'Never forget.'

The single thought reverberated through Sean's mind as the train rattled along and he knew for certain the memory of Liam's dying words as he held him would stay with him forever.

"I'll tell her Liam, I promise." He murmured quietly to himself as he gazed into space.

"What's that son?" The old soldier sitting opposite him enquired, "What did you say?"

"Oh nothing. Just thinking, there's a buffet service on this train so maybe we should get a cup of tea?"

Sean looked up at Henry and made the suggestion, wanting to change the subject.

The older man grinned, "Good idea. Tell you what, you go and I'll pay. How's that sound?"

"It's a deal. Do you take sugar?"

Accepting the five-pound note from the old man Sean stood up and made his way through to the buffet car, reappearing a few minutes later with two plastic cups of steaming brown liquid that were obviously pretending to be tea.

"Here you go."

"Thanks." The old man accepted his drink gratefully, "So, what are your plans once you get home?"

"Well...." Sean started and they were soon absorbed in their conversation again, the time flying by so quickly that they hardly realised that they had arrived at their destination.

Disembarking from the carriage Sean said farewell to his new friend Henry, and lugging his bags across the concourse he checked the departure board to find the local trains that would take him back to his home town. Locating one that would be departing in a few minutes he found himself a seat and settled down for the trip.

This time his journey was a lot less interesting and he sat quietly by himself, observing scenery that he hadn't seen for eight years pass by as he got closer to his destination.

Staring aimlessly out of the window he heaved a sigh of regret and let his mind wander back once again to his recent past.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The hours after the gun battle were just a confused muddle of a few vague sounds and images to Sean as he drifted in and out of consciousness; the voices shouting, the steady 'whump, whump' of the helicopter rotors, the dazzling lights whenever he opened his eyes, all merged into one undefinable memory.

In fact, it was a full three days later before he finally opened his eyes properly, squinting against the overhead lights when he woke up in the base hospital at camp Bastion.

"Urrmmmmmm..... mmmmmmmmm."

Was all he managed to utter, the tube down his throat preventing him from speaking properly.

"Welcome back to the land of the living sergeant Parkes."

A soft female voice got his attention and he struggled to turn his head towards the pretty brunette nurse in fatigues, standing alongside his bed smiling at him.

"Errm... err... um... I...." He tried to speak but his voice came out as a strangled croak.

"Don't try to talk. You're safe in camp Bastion. Just rest until we get the tubes out in a bit." The cute nurse instructed with another dazzling smile and, relieved, he slumped back onto the pillow.

Making a note on his chart she took his temperature and pulse before busying herself tidying up his bedsheets, squeezing his hand as she fussed over him,,

"You're quite the celebrity you know? We were all very worried about you." She eventually spoke again.

Sean had no idea what she meant and just closed his eyes against the room as it swirled around in front of him.

"I'm Robyn, I'm your nurse." The brunette continued chattering as he lay back on his pillow, "Now just take it easy. The doctor will be around shortly to take a look at you."

Just as she predicted he saw the doctor, an army Major, a little while later and after that, when the tube down his throat was removed, he was permitted to take a few sips of water, although the drip in his arm remained. Now able to speak, at least hoarsely, Sean had been able to get an update from the Major on his situation.

The doctor informed him he had been brought back via helicopter to camp Bastion where he had undergone emergency surgery for his wounds. That had been three days before and he had remained unconscious ever since he had come out of the theatre.

"And my squad, the policemen? Are they ok?" He croaked to Robyn after the doctor had gone.

She looked at him sadly and took hold of his hand again.

"One of the police officers was killed along with the young Marine you were holding. Other than that, everyone else is ok, just a few cuts and bruises."

'Liam. Liam Frane.'

That had been his name and Sean remembered that he had told him he would be ok even though he had realised there was no hope. He had hardly known the eighteen-year-old but it hadn't mattered, he had been a Marine and that was all that counted.

"His name was Liam." He told her for no reason.

"I'm sorry." Was all she could say, tucking in his sheet before moving away.

'I promised him I'd speak to his mother.'

Over the next two weeks of his stay in the base hospital that one thought remained with him, giving him the motivation to get better as quickly as he could.

He had soon found himself looking forward to his nurse, Robyn, doing her rounds, enjoying the banter and mild flirting that accompanied her visits.

Then, suddenly without any warning, she was gone.

When he asked, he was simply told that she had returned to the UK.

It wasn't long after that that the doctors decided he was sufficiently well enough to be flown home to the naval hospital in Gosport, where he could complete his recovery and rehabilitation.

The flight had taken best part of a day. Heading first to Cyprus where he transited for several hours before boarding a second plane bound for the UK.

It was here that he had unexpectedly met up with Robyn again.

He had only been at RNH Haslar for two days when she had appeared on the ward, greeting him with a broad grin.

"Well, hello again Marine. Are you stalking me?"

"Wha.... what are you doing here?" Momentarily lost for words Sean had eventually managed to stammer, "Why'd you leave Bastion?"

Giggling like a schoolgirl her cheeks coloured, "I was due to rotate home and I got posted here. When I saw your name on the ward roster, I knew I had to come and say hi."

His face broke into a broad grin at her answer, "Well I'm glad you did."

They chatted for a while before she had to go back to her duties but she promised she would drop by and see him as often as she could.

It quickly turned out that as often as she could was actually each day, sometimes more than once, and he had found himself starting to think of her as more than just a nurse.

Undertaking daily physiotherapy sessions, he had made quick progress and within a couple of weeks at Gosport he was walking, albeit with crutches, and able to get around the hospital.

"Fancy a walk to the coffee shop?"

Robyn was off duty and had dropped by to see him when he blurted out an invitation to go out and get a drink.

She had smiled coyly, "Are you asking me on a date Marine?"

"Err...." Sean had blushed at her question, "Err.... What if I said yes?"

"Then I'd accept, take hold of your arm and we would stroll happily to the café."

"In that case it's a date."

Giggling she had helped him up and, once he was on his crutches, they had slowly made their way down to the hospital coffee shop.

"What took you so long to ask me out?" Robyn asked once they were settled at a table.

"I umm... I wasn't... I mean I didn't..." Stumbling to put together a coherent sentence he stammered, blushing scarlet.

"God, that's so cute. My big tough Marine is embarrassed." She chuckled kissing him on the cheek.

Smiling ruefully Sean shook his head, "You're a bad girl do you know that?"

Slipping her arm through his she pouted and looked up at him, "Does that mean I get punished later?"

Laughing he found himself drawn to her parted lips and, unable to stop himself, he leant closer and gently kissed her.

"Mmmm, that was nice. I should tease you more often if that's what I get for it."

Sean laughed, "Careful. Next time I might spank that cute bottom of yours."

"Promises, promises." Robyn joined in the friendly banter.

The easy conversation continued for the next hour as they sat and drank their coffee before she escorted him back to the ward.

"How about tomorrow?" He asked hopefully as she went to leave.

His question got him another quick kiss on the lips.

"I'm on shift at two so how about eleven?"

It had turned out to be the first of several dates.

Initially it was just to the coffee shop or a walk in the gardens but as he continued to recover, they had started to go further afield and had eventually taken a stroll down to the local pub one evening.

"You're walking so much better." Robyn told him, holding onto his arm as they strolled slowly along.

"The physio is really helping. She had me running for five minutes today."

"That's great, you'll be out of here and back to your unit before you know it."

He didn't answer and, keeping his eyes fixed ahead of them, let his mind go back to Liam and the promise he had made himself.

She knew immediately she had said something wrong by the way he reacted; going silent on her and not responding. Not wanting to pry or create a tense atmosphere between them she dropped the subject, walking along quietly until they arrived at the pub.

Ordering their drinks, they had settled themselves in a quiet corner of the bar, Robyn taking a sip of her wine and regarding him curiously over the rim of her glass.

"What?" Sean looked back at her, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, you just went a bit silent on me back there. Did you want to forget it and go back?"

"Sorry." He grinned sheepishly, "It wasn't anything really. I'm fine."

"Ok. If you say so." She knew he was lying to her, something she had said had triggered his change of mood but she wasn't sure what.

For the next couple of minutes, they sat in silence sipping their drinks.

"Now you've gone quiet."

Robyn grinned, "Sorry, I was just wondering what it's going to take to get you interested?"

"In what?"

"Me silly." She chuckled at his naivety.

He didn't' answer her straight away, taking a mouthful of his beer and avoiding her eyes as thoughts of his past failures with girls; Naomi, Becky and, the one that really mattered, the girl whose name he never knew but who he knew he loved, filled his head for a moment.

"Oh right!"

"What was her name?" Robyn knew immediately she had found a nerve when she interrupted his contemplation.

"I don't know. She never told me." Sean answered, a faraway look in his eyes.

"What? What happened?"

As soon as she asked the question she realised she wasn't going to get an answer. Whatever had occurred in his past he wasn't about to tell her.

"It really doesn't matter now. It was a long time ago and it was just one night."

The only response he gave her was brusque almost to the point of rudeness.

"Sorry, I've spoilt the evening."

He had shaken his head and smiled at her, "No you haven't. I'm fine. It's all in the past now."

"You're sure? We can always do this another night."

Sean grinned and leant across to kiss her lightly on the lips, "Yeah, I'm sure."

There was another brief moment of silence.

"C'mon drink up. Let's go back to my place." Robyn wasn't convinced things were right between them but changed the subject to something a lot more suggestive.

Sean paused, taking in what she had said, and looked at the pretty nurse sitting next to him.

"I don't want to lead you on, Robyn. I'm hopeless at relationships. You'd be better off looking elsewhere if you want... well you know."

Not wanting to get romantically involved he tried to make it plain to her, as painlessly as possible, that he wasn't after a girlfriend.

"Don't worry, I understand Sean. I'm a big girl now and I can look after myself." Gulping down the last of her wine she stood up and held out her hand to him, "But right now I'm just bloody horny."

Grinning he finished his pint and stood up, "Ok if you're sure, then let's go."

It was a good half an hour later that, back in the bedroom of her small flat, Sean pulled her unresistingly into his arms and kissed her passionately for the first time.

"Wow, I've been waiting a long time for you to do that." Robyn whispered after she eventually managed to pull her lips away from his, "Now Marine, take me to bed, and that's an order."

"Aye aye ma'am." He grinned, starting to undo the buttons on her shirt.

They had slowly undressed each other, their hands and mouths exploring each new area of skin that they exposed until they were both naked and panting with desire. Then she made him lay back on the bed, his shaft standing out erect from his groin before straddling his hips.

Reaching down she had taken hold of him to guide his mushroom shaped cockhead between her labia, groaning softly as she felt it press into her entrance, before slowly impaling herself on the rigid length.

"Fucking hell.... it's... huge!" Robyn had gasped as the final inch of his hard dick slid up into her and her nether lips pressed against him.

Laying beneath her he tried to hold himself in check. It had been quite a while and he didn't want to finish too soon.

Staring into his eyes she had braced her hands on his chest and started to ride him. Biting her lower lip and writhing energetically on his manhood, her hips lifting and falling, working her pussy onto the hard rod that was stretching her to overflowing while her juices coated it with her creamy wetness.

Beneath her Sean ran his hands up over her thighs, onto her waist then up to feel her breasts. Weighing the heavy orbs, his fingers toying with her swollen, sensitive nipples he listened to her panting as she bounced up and down on his rampant prick.

Closing his hands around her tits he squeezed, feeling the hard buds grazing his palms, his touch making her groan with pleasure.

"Fuck... oh fuck... oh Sean... oh.... shit!"

With her eyes wide-open Robyn had stared down at him and started to shudder, her vaginal muscles clenching tightly around his thick shaft as she ground herself down on to him.

"Oh.... fuck, fuck.... I... I'm gonna.... aaahhhhhhh... I'm gonna!"

Sensing that she was about to go over the top Sean had tensed, his balls churning as he tried to hold himself in check so that she came first.

Sitting astride him Robyn had bucked uncontrollably for several seconds, her pussy clamped on his manhood. Then her body tensed, her muscles going rigid as she threw her head back, squealing with delight when her orgasm erupted out from her core.

"Oh shit.... shit, shit.... I'm... cumminnnngggggggggggggggggggg!"

"Fuck... oh fuck... Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!"

The feel of her climaxing was too much for him and unable to hold back any longer he had jerked upwards, his hands tight on her waist, spearing her sex and starting to pump his seed deep into her.

"Oh God...." Spent she had slumped across him, gasping breathlessly as her body shuddered with the aftershocks from her climax.

Eventually the ripples had faded and she had rolled off him so they could lay together for a while. Enjoying the post-coital tranquillity, it was a good thirty minutes before he had got dressed and, saying his goodbye's, made his way back to the hospital.

After that night, their dates had become a regular thing. Two or three times a week they would go for a walk to the pub or, on occasion, for something to eat. However, they would always end up back at her flat and in her bed.

Then, just as suddenly as their affair had started, it stopped.

He had just finished his latest physiotherapy session when he was told that the senior doctor wanted to see him.

Wondering what he needed him for he had gone straight to the colonel's office.

"Sir." Standing in front of the officer's desk Sean had saluted, "I understand you wanted to see me?"

"Ah yes, sergeant, come in and take a seat. I just wanted to let you know we're sending you back to your unit."

Halfway to sitting down Sean had paused and looked at the doctor in surprise.

"I see. Can I ask when sir?"

"Tomorrow or the day after. We've just got to get the paperwork finished." The colonel had smiled, "Oh, and congratulations on your award by the way."

"Sir?" Puzzled by the comment Sean had looked at him quizzically.

"The CGC. You've been awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross for your action in Helmand."

Sean had stared at him, an expression of disbelief on his face.

"Oh, I... I didn't know. Thank you sir." Eventually he managed to answer the officer.

"That's all sergeant. I'll let you know when you can go."

"Sir." He had stood up and saluted before turning to leave.

Exiting the doctor's office slightly bemused over the news, he had wandered back to his room wondering how he would tell Robyn that their fling was over.

She was already there waiting for him when he walked through the door and spoke before he had a chance to say anything.

"You're being sent back aren't you?"

"You knew?"

Robyn nodded, clearly nervous, "Yeah, I heard a rumour a few days ago that you were going to be released back to your unit."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

Looking at the floor she shuffled her feet uneasily as she avoided his questioning gaze.

"There was no point Sean. I... I'm leaving too." Robyn's voice was little more than a whisper, "I'm going home... I'm... I'm getting married."

"You're what?"

His heart lurched as he took in what she had just told him.

He hadn't intended becoming involved with her but, over time, it had been inevitable. It wasn't love, he knew that, but he still felt betrayed by her admission.

"I'm getting married. You were a last fling for me."

"You didn't think to mention that to me?" It was all he could think of to say.

"I'm sorry Sean, I really am."

"Sure. Me too. Story of my life." He answered coldly thinking of the other girls who had come and gone in his past.

She had leaned in and kissed him on the cheek, "Goodbye Sean, I hope you find who you're missing in your life but I was never going to be her."

With that last remark she turned and left, leaving him to sit down heavily on his bed.

He knew she was right.

He had spent eight years chasing a dream, a girl that he knew he would never find. It was all pointless, he might as well go back to being a Marine.

But he knew that wasn't an option either.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Before he realised it the train had arrived at his stop and, hurriedly grabbing his bags, he pushed the memories of Robyn and the hospital out of his mind as he stepped out onto the platform.

Pausing he stared at the station sign for several long seconds. It was the first time he had been back since he had walked away eight years before and he wasn't sure exactly what he was supposed to feel. Happy, sad, scared, it all seemed a little surreal to him and he just felt out of place.