Coming Home Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Really!" Briony raised an eyebrow, "I'll have to let all my single friends know."

"Please don't Bri." He groaned, imagining having to contend with the numerous blind dates she would set up for him.

"Leave him be for a bit Briony. He's only just got home." Maureen Parkes passed him a mug before continuing, "And looking at all those horrible scars I have to say I'm glad you're here safe and sound."

Sean could see the tears well up in her eyes and gave her a hug, "They aren't that bad mum. At least I didn't lose a leg or something."

Even as he said it he thought about Liam Frane, his injuries and how he had held him as the young Marine died.

"Thank heavens for that."

His mother rolled her eyes at his comment and he forced himself to smile.

"So, what will you do now your home? Go and work for dad?" Briony changed the subject.

"I'd rather not." Sean shook his head, "But I definitely need to start looking around for some sort of employment. Denny Foulkes said there might be something going at the place where his wife is."

"Where's that?" Maureen interjected.

"I'm not sure where Belinda works to be honest?"

"She's at WestTech Industries. I can have a word with the new HR manager there if you want. She's a friend of mine." Briony told him helpfully, before adding with a grin, "She's single to."

Sean took a mouthful of coffee and considered his sisters offer for a moment.

"If you don't mind Bri. That might be a start. But no dates please."

"Not a problem. I'll give her a ring later."

Swallowing the last of his coffee Sean went off to have a shower thinking that the rest of the week was starting to look a little more hopeful for the moment...