Coming of Age

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kaylee tried to keep her focus on her work, kneeling next to the filter basket cover, pulling it up to access the basket. Lena turned her head to talk to Kaylee. She lifted her sunglasses so Kaylee could see her brilliant green eyes. She looked absolutely stunning in her white string bikini and matching broad brimmed hat and candy heels. Her fingernails and toenails were immaculately painted blood red. Kaylee felt short of breath.

"Come over here and talk," said Lena. "I won't bite."

Kaylee straightened up and stared at Lena. She was wearing the skimpiest bikini imaginable which barely covered her nipples and pubic area. Kaylee knew she was going to do something she'd regret. She shuffled over to Lena's chaise lounge and stood next to her, casting a shadow over Lena's well-tanned skin.

"Rub my shoulders honey, would you? There're tight as a drum," Lena said, reaching back to put her hand on her bare shoulder. Lena acted as their last conversation never occurred. Kaylee was certain this was not going to end well, but her body complied with Lena's request. Kaylee starting rubbing Lena's shoulders, which were indeed tight. Kaylee had a clear view downward at Lena's breasts, which had a sheen of sunscreen on them. Her lips moved before she could think.

"Lena, I'd really like to . . ."

Her voice faltered.

"Fuck me?" the older woman mouthed with her ruby red lips, completing Kaylee's thought.

"Yes," Kaylee said in a whisper.

"So we can celebrate my move," said Lena.

"Your move to New York?" Kaylee asked. This was going to be a goodbye fuck?

"To San Francisco," Lena replied.

Time seemed to stand still for the young blonde.

"San Francisco?" Kaylee repeated. Her skin prickled when she said it. Was she dreaming?

"What do you think I've been doing since last Friday?" Lena asked rhetorically. "I've been on the phone nonstop convincing the Management Committee that I need to be in our San Francisco office."

Kaylee's heart sank. She knew Lena's firm had no West Coast presence. She had secretly hoped Lena would transfer there and had checked the firm's website. "You don't have a San Francisco office," she said joylessly.

"We do now. I'm starting it. And if I get it up and running in three years like Cincinnati, I'll get my promotion as Managing Director of the West Coast Region. And I can have you."

Suddenly Kaylee could breathe. She could feel the sunshine warm her face. She had given up hope but Lena hadn't. The fog had lifted and for the first time she could see her future with clarity. It was a future with Lena.

"Calls for champagne, doesn't it?" Lena asked.

Kaylee nodded her head. She leered at Lena as she sashayed in her candies and her non-existent bathing suit. She came back holding a bottle of properly chilled Cristal in one hand and two champagne flutes in the other.

"Always pays to be prepared," said Lena. She popped the cork and poured two glasses.

Kaylee tasted the creamy froth for the first time. "It's delicious," she said, not knowing what she was drinking. The words "San Francisco" were still reverberating in her head.

"The best $300 I've spent," said Lena, topping off their glasses.

Kaylee finished her glass first and put it down. As Lena went to refill it Kaylee reached out to hold her wrist. Lena looked at her.

"You know what I really want, and it doesn't come in a bottle," Kaylee said. Lena's teasing had gotten to her and there was no mistaking what Lena wanted given her indecent swimsuit.

"You young people," said Lena, chiding her young lover. "All you think about is sex."

Kaylee laughed. She pulled her "Ted's" polo shirt over her head and stood there in her plain white bra. "So what are you thinking about Lena?"

The older woman downed the remainder of her champagne and placed her flute carefully on the table.

"Sex," Lena answered to Kaylee's delight. "Even us older folk think about sex all the time." She patted the cushion of her chaise lounge. "Now come here and show me what you know."

"No dinner and a movie?" Kaylee asked mockingly.

"This time I'm dessert," said Lena. She pulled down her bikini top and placed Kaylee's hand on her nipple.

"You can start with the cherry on top."

Chapter Nine

Six months later - Spring Break

Lena and Kaylee had a surprisingly easy transition to living together in Lena's rented home in the Berkeley hills. Kaylee made the easy drive down the hill to campus and Lena used a car service to make the daily commute to downtown San Francisco a snap. Any residual reservations Ted and Sandy harbored were dispelled early on. Kaylee was nothing but pleasant during her twice weekly calls home, and for Sandy, she reestablished the close connection she once shared with her daughter.

Grace made the move as well, helping Lena build the new office over the six months into a staff of ten. Lena was already outperforming her financial goals. Grace's skepticism to Lena's relationship with Kaylee gave way to full throated support as she saw that Kaylee stabilized Lena's sometimes mercurial personality. The twenty year differential between Kaylee and Lena faded to irrelevance. Instead, Lena's worldly experience and Kaylee's youthful enthusiasm made for a perfect combination.

Their first appearance back in Cincinnati occurred during Kaylee's spring break. Although Lena had met Ted and Sandy in their home a few times, she still had butterflies in her stomach as her rented car pulled into the Montgomery's driveway.

"Relax Lena," Kaylee said, sensing her partner's unease. "My parents are really looking forward to this."

Lena shut the car off. "I have no problem attending a board meeting with a multi-billion deal on the line, but my stomach is doing flips right now."

"That's because you love me more than your job," said Kaylee, gripping the older woman's hand.

Lena nodded at Kaylee's insight. "You're right. You mean more to me than anything."

Kaylee squeezed Lena's hand harder. "Let's go in."

* * *

Sandy made Kaylee's favorite, fried chicken. Dinner was comfortable and uneventful, with Lena already an accepted member of the family. Chad excused himself after the meal, going to visit a friend for an overnight stay. Kaylee and her mom took care of the dishes while Lena and Ted wandered out to the garage with after dinner scotches in hand.

"I like your Taycan, but I'm still old school," Ted said to Lena, comparing her new Porsche Taycan electric sports car she bought in the Bay Area to his 1969 Porsche 911 SC. He patted the hood of his immaculately restored car which took a prized place in his four car garage.

"You're right Ted, classics are the best, like me," Lena said as an inside joke. Ted and Lena had instantly bonded when they were introduced at the end of the summer. They enjoyed cars, football and scotch. Sandy thought they acted like teenagers when they were together.

"Kayley looks well," Ted said to Lena. They were both holding a 16 year old scotch that Lena had brought for after dinner. "Berkeley seems to agree with her."

"And with me," said Lena. "She's wise beyond her years." Lena patted Ted on the shoulder. "You and Sandy raised an exceptional daughter."

Ted beamed at the heartfelt compliment. "It's good to hear you say that."

Lena had earned Ted's respect, but Ted decided to give her a friendly poke anyway. "Sandy and I are going to go out to visit you next month. We're going to check up on you."

Lena laughed and then shrugged. "Ted, I deal with the Securities and Exchange Commission on a daily basis. You and Sandy? A piece of cake."

Ted hugged his hoped for daughter-in-law. "I can't thank you enough for making Kaylee happy. I hope someday you'll make her an honest woman."

"I intend to Ted. If she doesn't ask me first."

Lena followed Ted through the garage door to the kitchen. Sandy was there, talking with Kaylee, with a drying towel in hand.

"What were you talking about in the garage?" Sandy asked her husband.

"Oh nothing, just car talk," Ted said.

Lena winked at Kaylee.

Ted pulled his wife close and kissed her on the lips.

"What was that for?" Sandy asked.

"Does there have to be a reason?" Ted asked back.

Sandy chuckled. "With you . . . yes."

"Maybe a down payment on later?" Ted asked. It was Saturday night.

Kaylee understood right away. She groaned. "Is sex all you think about?" she asked, comfortable enough now to tease her father.

"No," said Ted. "Sometimes I think about football. But football's not on right now," he said as he pinched Sandy's bottom.

Kaylee screwed up her face. "Honestly Dad, it's hard to imagine that Lena and I are the two responsible adults in the room."

"I always knew you had it in you pumpkin. Your Mom and I have some unfinished business. Besides, don't the two of you want to be alone?"

Ted and Sandy walked arm in arm down the hallway. Now it was Saturdays and Wednesdays for Ted. Their marriage was never better.

Lena rolled her eyes at Kaylee. "Are your parents always like this?"

Kaylee took Lena's hand and led her down the hallway to her bedroom, giving her a peck on the cheek.

"What was that for?" Lena asked.

"Like father, like daughter," Kaylee said as she closed her bedroom door behind them.

She kissed Lena on the lips. "And the daughter wants you."

* * *

1...345678