All Comments on 'Commander Pinter Ch. 09'

by Myrnh

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 9 years ago
Enjoyed the tale as usual, but

How do I pronounce this? "... the leadership of the __________?"

Is this supposed to be some incomprehensible-to-human speech? Explanation, please.

MyrnhMyrnhabout 9 years agoAuthor
Apologies

The above comment is well deserved. I rushed this entry and did not fine-tune it as much as I usually do. It shows. I am embarrassed, and I apologize to all of my readers who have been following the adventures of Pinter and her friends.

The line in question should read, "leadership of the Adherents of Rukhmar." And the Arakkoan character "Rukhmar" who visits Admiral Taylor's garrison should be named "Reshad," the scrollkeeper and inscription vendor who is available in-game in your own garrison. Rukhmar is actually an elite bird who flies around Spires of Arak who you can kill for a mount.

And the friendly faction in Spires of Arak are not the "Akkroan Outcasts" but rather the "Arakkoan Outcasts." "Akroans" can actually be found in the Theros block for the current standard set of Magic: the Gathering. I could have easily caught all of this, but I rushed this one through. I am nothing but embarrassed by my mistakes and I hope it does not detract from your further enjoyment.

This being said, Commander Pinter Ch. 10, when released next week, will be the last Commander Pinter story for a while. I had already planned on doing this. Other projects are demanding my attention, and I have this story in a good place. I'm just sorry to be preceding the last installment with one as weak as this! Apologies again, but Commander Pinter will return in a few months. Please don't let my mistakes ruin your friendship with Pinter and Mandala. It's not their fault!

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 9 years ago
No apologies needed.

I've been enjoying the tale thus far. I know some of the place names, at least from game before it went online; WoW 2 days, with elven destroyers and gnome submarines and goblin zeppelins and troll hatchetmen.

Typos and errors happen. Continuity errors are the worst. All things being equal, update the name corrections in your manuscript and resubmit it. In about three days, it'll be fixed, good as gold.

If you aren't familiar with the process, use the same name and all, including file name, tags, etc -- with one addition. Add "[edited]" afterward, so that the file will be accepted.

I am familiar with the Gamer mentality somewhat as I did a lot of marathon DnD sessions in my younger days. Back to WoW, I bought and enjoyed all six seasons of The Guild, and loved the three music singles they put out. Fun stuff. By the way, would the rod given to Pinter be a "Rod of Symbian Might"?

Anyway, no worries. Real Life does have a way of intruding. Stay safe and I'll look forward to the next installment. Thanks for posting!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous