Commercial Sales Ch. 08

Story Info
Mark Finds Acceptance.
4.3k words
3.56
7.3k
12

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 05/12/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kate sat on the couch, tears falling. Mark had thrown down the gauntlet. If she continued seeing Mikki, he was out. She couldn't bear losing him. There was no question she loved him. The thought of ending her personal relationship with Mikki hurt, but she was willing to end it to save her marriage. She definitely did not want to leave Jay's project. On the other hand, how could she continue working with Mikki without the physical and emotional connections she's already shared with her?

Kate took all day Sunday to consider her options. She did her research. Finally, by late afternoon, Kate had come to the conclusion she could do no more. She had to talk to Mark. He had to talk to her. Communication is a two-way street.

Kate called Mikki and let her know what was going on with Mark; the stakes. Mikki told her to take her time; do what she needed to get her marriage together. To Mikki's credit, she backed off from Kate, giving her time to heal.

Mark returned after six o'clock that night. She wanted to touch him, hold him; tell him how much he meant to her. Although she didn't press him for physical affection, she did tell him again how much she loved him and that she was sorry for hurting him. Mark's anger had tempered since the morning, giving Kate some comfort that her marriage might somehow survive.

With Christmas approaching, Kate worked from home or from her office at the agency often. However, her mind was on Mark and saving her marriage. She was not spending time at Mikki's; although, deep down, she did want to see her, if only for emotional support.

The house wasn't the same. Even though both were in the house after working hours, the tension remained evident. Kate gave Mark his space. She wanted him to stay with her, keep the marriage alive. Each day, it seemed the ice was thawing, if only a little. She prayed Mark wouldn't end their marriage.

Jay called Kate and told her she needed to be at the house this Saturday, less than a week before Christmas, to go over some plans and figures for the condo project. Kate agreed, but thought it strange he needed her on a Saturday. Nonetheless, she drove to Jay and Mikki's that day around nine o'clock. She had an awkward morning with Mark, before he left for the golf course.

Kate arrived at Mikki's and walked into the house, then into the kitchen finding Mikki sipping her coffee. Mikki stood and greeted Kate with a smile and approached Kate. "How are you doing, girl? I've missed you. How are things with Mark?" Mikki questioned. "Have a seat...coffee?"

Kate lightly smiled and looked at Mikki. Kate's face revealed the pain of the past few weeks. Kate awkwardly opened her arms and asked, "Hug?"

Mikki and Kate hugged as Kate began to cry in Mikki's arms.

"It's okay, girl; I'm here. Have a seat, you'll be fine. Have faith," Mikki softly said into Kate's ear as Kate tightly held onto Mikki, her emotions flowing. Kate let it all out. Ever the confidant, Mikki rubbed Kate's back as Kate quietly wept on Mikki's shoulder. Kate's body moved with each heavy sob while holding Mikki tightly. "Shhh, shhh...it'll be fine...you'll get through this, girl," Mikki comforted. Kate's pain was obvious as she didn't let go for another two or three minutes.

Finally, Kate broke the hug and looked at Mikki through her teary eyes whispering, "Sorry."

"C'mon, Kate. It's alright. You'll get through this. Jay and I are here for you. There's no one to blame, okay? It is what it is," Mikki replied, looking directly into Kate's green eyes, gently rubbing her shoulders. "Please, have a seat," she said, motioning to the table.

Kate sat and composed herself as Mikki poured her a coffee. After a few sips, Kate had returned to a somewhat normal state of mind.

"Okay, where are the plans and stuff we need to discuss? Where's Jay?" she asked Mikki.

Mikki looked at Kate, then down at her coffee for a second, then back at Kate. "Um, well...the plans have nothing to do with the project, Kate," Mikki said.

Kate now showed concern, looking back at Mikki.

"Um, Kate...please don't get mad at me; I mean, I had absolutely nothing to do with this..." Mikki started.

"What...What's going on, Mikki?" Kate asked with growing concern.

Mikki sighed deeply and smugly smiled. "Well...Jay and Mark are golfing right now," Mikki squinted, ducking her head a bit, correctly fearing Kate's reaction.

"WHAT!" Kate exclaimed, almost choking on her coffee. "Mikki? How? Jay...and Mark? Together?"

"Kate, please...try to relax..." Mikki stared.

"Relax? Dammit, Mikki! I'm pretty sure Mark thinks you and Jay are the enemy..." Kate interrupted in protest.

"Kate! Please," Mikki interrupted Kate. "It's going to be okay."

Kate set her cup down then sat back in her chair with her hands in her lap, staring at Mikki as her eyes started to water. "What's going on? Why is Jay golfing with Mark today?" she asked with deep worry. "Tell me Mikki, how in the hell is it going to be okay?"

"Kate, please. Trust Jay...please?" Mikki softly pleaded.

Kate stared at Mikki as silence filled the kitchen. Kate's mind spun like a Kansas tornado trying to grasp what she considered as an attack by Jay on her personal life. A tear rolled down her cheek, still staring at Mikki.

"Kate, this was Jay's idea, but he did ask my opinion. I thought it was worth a try," she told her.

"What? What was worth a try?" Kate stared; exasperated.

"I know, girl...I know. Just...please; trust Jay. He's talking to Jay today as they golf," Mikki stated.

"Mikki...Mark barely knows Jay. How...How did Jay get them to golf together? How on earth...why on earth is Jay getting into my personal life?" Kate asked as her emotions careened between anger, worry, despair and disbelief. Kate put her elbows on the table as her face landed in her hands, crying more intensely.

"Kate...it's okay, I promise," Mikki softly pleaded. "Jay has already texted me a few times. Please, trust Jay. You know he's a master at charisma and persuasion. He's talking to Mark about living with a bisexual wife."

"Oh my God, Mikki, seriously? What? No...no! I can't believe this is happening!" Kate sighed into her hands, her voice quivering. She looked at Mikki with watery eyes. "Mikki, we were slowly making progress...working things out. Jay...you...have no right...shit!" Kate complained.

Mikki pulled her chair closer to Kate and put her hand on Kate's shoulder. "I understand, girl. Please, trust Jay...after all, Jay does have experience at having a bi wife...ya know?" she consoled with a smirk.

"Oh, my God, Mikki...Does Mark think I had anything to do with this?" Kate asked Mikki as more tears rolled.

"No, Kate. Jay's handling everything...you're safe," Mikki replied, still stroking Kate's shoulder.

"Mikki, Mark knows I'm here...alone with you, now that he's with Jay and they're golfing together. Dammit, Mikki. You know Mark is probably thinking we're in bed right now; oh my God. Mikki, why did you do this? Why? How could you?" Kate complained as her voice broke and more tears flowed.

"Kate; please. It's going to be fine. Trust Jay, please," Mikki disclosed.

Kate looked Mikki in the eyes, tilting her head as her tears continued falling. Again, the kitchen became silent except for the noise of Kate falling back in her chair again, staring at Mikki, then putting her head back, sighing loudly. "I swear to God, Mikki..." Kate finally relented and accepted Jay's tactic; not that she had a choice.

Mikki took her cup to the counter and poured another. Kate pondered Jay's attempt to sooth Mark's judgement about his wife's bisexuality.

Eventually, Kate spoke. "So, what am I doing here?" she softly asked Mikki.

Mikki took her seat again, putting her chin on her fist and took a deep breath. "Kate, don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to start anything sexual today. In fact, Jay made it clear you and I were NOT to do anything like that today, okay?" she stated. "I...I just wanted to see you. I wanted to see that you're okay...that you'll be okay," Mikki confessed. "I've missed you very much, but your marriage is more important to me than us sleeping together right now...really, Kate, I promise," Mikki confided and paused. "Kate, I do feel close to you; you know I like you a lot. Just to be sure, I'm very much in love with Jay. I can't help the way I feel about girls; about you. You must also be aware that liking girls is in your DNA. I've told you; you tried to hide it, but it eventually surfaces, no matter how hard you try to suppress it."

Kate stared, wiping her face as she regained some composure, folding her arms under her breasts. She pursed her lips and paused for several seconds, staring at Mikki. More silence followed. "Mikki...my world has been turned upside down lately...and...well...being with you has been the farthest thing from my mind...but I'm glad I'm here. I've missed you, too."

Just then, Mikki received a text from Jay. She read it, looked at Kate, then put her phone down.

"What? I know that was Jay...what did he say? Why did you look at me like that, Mikki?" Kate begged.

Mikki looked at Kate with a slight smile.

"Dammit, Mikki! What?" Kate pleaded.

Mikki's eyes moved to her phone, then back at Kate. "He said they've agreed to play another nine holes this morning with two thumbs up emojis," Mikki smirked.

Kate took in Mikki's information with a half-smile, giving her hope Jay had somehow broken through Mark's emotional turmoil about Kate's hidden past. The kitchen fell silent for several seconds as Kate began to escape the grips of depression surrounding Jay's golf outing with Mark.

The two women sat silently, drinking their coffee. Kate finished her coffee and took it to the sink. Mikki stood and met Kate at the sink, looking into each other's eyes. Kate breathed deeply, "Mikki, please don't..." she started.

Mikki embraced Kate and engaged her with a long passionate kiss. Kate's hands wrapped around Mikki, returning Mikki's passion as they stood glued to each other by the sink.

It didn't take long for Kate to feel herself getting wet; turned-on by Mikki's touch. "Mikki, please...you just said..." Kate stuttered, trying to break their kiss.

Mikki pulled back, looking deeply into Kate's eyes. "Yeah, I know. I couldn't help it, girlfriend. I've missed you a lot. I...I just needed to taste your lips, feel your tongue, you know?" she softly professed.

Kate looked back into Mikki's eyes for a second, then kissed Mikki sensually, moving her hands up to Mikki's firm breasts, feeling them, holding them, gently lifting them as their tongues reacquainted themselves for several seconds. Mikki ran her hands up and down Kate's torso, cupping her breasts, groping her gently as their kissing gained more passion. The two stood by the counter, romantically involved for over a minute, refamiliarizing themselves with each other. Kate's hand started moving south about the same time Mikki's hand firmly rubbed Kate's crotch. The women handled each other's crotch, gently caressing, then firmly rubbing each other.

"Okay, okay, shit. We can't; I promised Jay," Mikki softly exhaled, pulling her hands off Kate's body and stepping back.

Kate looked back at Mikki with dejection, but knew Mikki was, once again, doing the right thing. "Dammit, bitch...you get me wet then pull back," she softly joked and smiled.

"Sorry, girl," Mikki sighed, looking into Kate's eyes. "Wow...okay, I guess we know we're still hot for each other," she giggled.

"Um, yeah...okay," Kate said, changing the subject. "Mind if I wonder through your house and look at your Christmas decorations? I could tell when I came in that you've done a fantastic job. Do you mind?" Kate asked.

"No problem. Probably a good idea," Mikki slyly replied, raising her eyebrows seductively.

Mikki and Kate strolled through the main level as Kate took in Mikki's modest Christmas décor, then moving downstairs. "I haven't done much down here, but it still has Santa's appeal," Mikki told Kate.

After Kate looked around, Mikki opened up. "So, hot tub?" she asked tongue in cheek knowing the smell of chlorine on Kate's clothing led Mark to discover Kate's bisexual secret.

Kate pursed her lips and squinted at Mikki, slowly shaking her head without a word.

Mikki stared back, "What?" Then both women started laughing.

"Mikki?" Kate calmly asked, "Actually, I really would like to relax in the hot tub. Do you think we can..."

"Yes, girlfriend. I promise. If you want, I won't let anything happen," Mikki confidently interrupted.

Kate thought for a second, biting her lip with a smile. "Yeah, you want to? Let's..." Kate suggested.

"You don't have to convince me, girl," as Mikki opened the sliding door. "Get naked, bitch," Mikki told Kate as she grabbed the controller and put the "Christmas jazz" playlist on the speakers.

Both women stripped and took the cover off the hot tub. The outside temperature was about 53°, a tad chilly to be nude for long, so Kate climbed in as Mikki quickly ran upstairs and grabbed both of their phones, returning to the hot tub. "Just in case Jay or Mark texts us," she cautioned.

Kate and Mikki sat in the hot tub, enjoying each other's company, the music and the soothing, relaxing effects of the warm, churning water. Mikki and Kate held hands, but no other affectionate contact while in the tub other than two, short passionate kisses.

After both agreed they'd had enough, it was time to exit the hot tub and rinse. The women exited the tub and replaced the cover. "Grab your clothes, let's go shower," Mikki said.

"Um, hell nooooo," Kate exclaimed, reminding Mikki again of the mess chlorine-scented clothing started not so long ago at Kate's home.

Mikki chuckled as she grabbed two towels from the cabinet and threw one to Kate. They went upstairs to the master bath and showered with soap and water. However, Kate already knew she would not lie to Mark if he asked what she did today with Mikki. Kate knew the only way to have a strong marriage is to have no secrets; a lesson she learned from Mikki.

The girls returned to the pool area after their shower and Jay had texted Mikki stating he'd be home in about two hours or so. Mikki relayed the information to Kate. As Kate dressed, she became hopeful that her relationship with Mark will strengthen and the marriage will become stronger than ever.

Mikki and Kate walked upstairs where Kate collected her things. At the front door, Mikki smiled at Kate, looking into her eyes. They shared a long passionate kiss.

"Hey, girl. I have a feeling things will be okay. Just give it time, okay?" Mikki said with a comforting voice.

"I hope you're right, but I'm not going to say thank you until I see Mark and know for sure what my future holds, ya know?" Kate replied.

The girls engaged in another long, passionate kiss. Soon, Mikki's hands roamed Kate's arms and breasts.

Kate broke her kiss briefly, "No fair, I have keys and a wallet in one hand and a phone in the other."

"Sucks to be you, bitch," Mikki softly moaned as she felt Kate's breasts and continued kissing her lovingly.

Kate sighed audibly as Mikki's hands explored.

"I need to go, Mikki," Kate sighed.

Mikki continued kissing as Kate fell slightly backwards against the front door. Again, Kate felt her juices flowing as Mikki continued her passionate assault. Both women's breathing increased as Mikki moved a hand over Kate's crotch, pressing firmly against her muff.

"Dammit, Mikki," Kate whispered as Mikki continued kissing and rubbing Kate's breasts and crotch. Kate quickly found her back pocket and put her phone in it, then dropped her keys and wallet; firmly feeling Mikki's breasts.

Mikki's hand continued rubbing Kate's front, causing Kate to breathe heavily and her hips to forcibly push against Mikki's hand. "Mikki, you said..." Kate moaned softly.

Mikki continued kissing, groping and rubbing as Kate's wetness grew inside her. Mikki moved her other hand to the top of Kate's pants, tripping her over the edge as her other hand pressed hard against Kate's clit from outside her zipper.

"Shit! Mikki! Mmmmmm!" Kate moaned into Mikki's mouth as her body jolted from orgasm, quickly grabbing Mikki's shoulders for support, holding her tightly as her body shuddered. "Damn you, bitch! That wasn't fair," Kate breathed deeply, trying to catch her breath and recover from Mikki's touch.

Mikki pulled back, looking at Kate seductively with a sly smirk. Kate put her hands on her knees, catching her breath for a few seconds. She then looked up at Mikki. "You said you promised Jay we wouldn't do that," she softly sighed.

Mikki shrugged her shoulders. "So? Let's keep that our little secret," she deceptively whispered.

"You are so bad," Kate chuckled, then paused. "Wow...been awhile since I've cum," Kate sadly sighed, then picked up her keys and wallet. "I need to get going," Kate added, looking somewhat hopelessly at Mikki. A deep breath and another short kiss and Kate was out the door.

At home, Kate took another shower, trying to somehow wash away the guilt she felt from being with Mikki; even though she enjoyed Mikki's company earlier. She threw her clothes and the rest of the laundry into the wash and sat on the couch, flipping channels on TV. On one hand, she was a wreck, thinking about Jay and Mark golfing together. On the other hand, she hoped Jay's time with Mark today helped Mark understand not only her bisexuality, but her deep love for him.

After moving the clothes into the dryer, she heard the garage door open. She stood in the kitchen, waiting for Mark to appear; her heart pounding. He walked into the kitchen, seeing his wife standing there. She said nothing, waiting to see any positive non-verbal cues or hear words of affection from Mark.

Mark took off is pullover windbreaker and looked at her sighing deeply. "I know, babe. I know you had nothing to do with today. Don't worry, I'm not mad at you," Mark told her.

Kate ran her fingers over her forehead through her hair, sighing in relief, "Thank God. Mark, I had no idea. I...I'm so sor.." she started.

"Kate, really. It's okay," Mark interrupted. "Jay's a good man. I can tell he respects you, his wife...hell, he made me feel like his long-lost brother today," Mark sighed with a slight chuckle.

Kate stepped closer to Mark. "I love you, Mark. Please know how much you mean to me," she softly declared.

"Kate...I know, I know. Okay, I'm no psychologist, but let's move into the next phase of recovery; okay?" he said. "I mean, I'm sure there is such a "recovery phase thing", but I have no clue. All I'm saying is pretty much the past three weeks or so I haven't even talked to you about Mikki...or, or us. Hell, I haven't even kissed you," he sighed as Kate's eyes stared at him. "Look...I learned a lot from Jay today. No wonder the guy's successful. He could sell sand to a nomad. I mean, really, maybe he's the best salesman ever, but everything he said to me made sense...I can't deny that, you know?" Mark explained, the paused, looking into Kate's eyes. "Babe, I do love you, okay...and even though the things Jay told me today made sense...well...I'm not sure I accept them," he sighed.

Kate remained silent; standing in front of her husband as he looked back at her in a moment of silent reflection. Kate's eyes began to water.

"No...don't, Kate. There's no more pain, let's move on," Mark said as he stepped forward and hugged his wife briefly, then kissed her for the first time in weeks. Kate returned Mark's kiss, then they stared into each other's eyes as Kate's eyes began leaking. "Hey, hey...don't Kate, we're going to work on this, okay?" Mark hushed.

Kate breathed deeply and smiled, barely able to speak, "Happy tears, sorry...I love you, Mark."

He smiled back at her, wiping her tears with his thumb. "Yeah, okay...no more sad tears," he softly demanded with a slight smile. They held each other for several minutes, Kate trying to recover. "Kate, we have a lot to discuss. It's not going to be tonight, but slowly over the next few days and weeks, okay?" he said. "Seriously, I need time. No matter what we decide, the deceit, the hurt...I can never forget," he said, before adding, "but someday I hope I will forgive you."

12